Fur Repair Inspector Job Description Sample
Quality Inspector Repair Station
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Quality Inspector III inspects complex components, parts and/or products for the area assigned as prescribed by all applicable specifications and quality assurance instructions. Works under minimal supervision, identifying moderately difficult to complex issues and oversees the satisfactory resolution of customer requirements.
Job Core Responsibilities
Conducts a variety of complex examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials, components, parts at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with established quality and reliability standards
Reviews and analyzes statistical data from processes to either confirm compliance with established standards or identify deviations from standards
Oversees the satisfactory resolution of customer requirements on a variety of complex Quality Assurance issues
Prepares and completes all necessary documentation for reporting acceptance/rejection of inspected and/or tested items
Manages the Internal audits and corrective action follow ups
Performs inspections on engineering designs, assemblies, piece parts, final assemblies and tooling
Other responsibilities as assigned
Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications : Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 5 - 7 years or more of relevant experience
Solid knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance and ability to act as a resource for colleagues
Ability to identify and independently resolve a variety of complex Quality Assurance issues
Skilled at measuring and using test equipment as prescribed by job assignment
Experience working with engineering drawings, charts, diagrams, and sketches
Proficient computer skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
Fur Sales Associate - Sales Salary Plus
For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home décor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates work towards the goal of enabling our customers to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
Creates a welcoming environment bygreeting and approaching customers
Exceeds customer expectations by providingassistance with a positive attitude
Recommends merchandise based onproduct knowledge and customer preferences
Is knowledgeable and educatesself and others on merchandise
Demonstrates timely follow-up andfollow-through on customer requests and commitments
Actively creates a welcomingenvironment through teamwork and collaboration
Effectively utilizes mobiledevices to communicate with customers and expand business
Effectively utilizes availableclientele tools and resources to increase personal business
Frequently advises customers ofthe benefits of the InCircle program
Works to develop long termcustomer relationships
Assist in maintaining visual andmerchandise presentation standards on the selling floor
Ensure audit compliance
Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business
Excellent customer service skills
Motivated and results driven
Strong attention to detail
Ability to work autonomously
Commission sales experience preferred
Previous retail experience preferred
Standing, bending, lifting, climbing stairs
Associatesmust be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business need, which willinclude evenings, weekends and holidays.
Equipment Repair Supervisor
- Responsible for the overall management, supervision and training of personnel assigned to the section.
- Dependent upon section assigned, oversee mechanics or all quality control (QC) inspections and inspectors to validate their capability to identify improper repairs and scheduled services.
- Establishes the Logistics Readiness Center’s (LRC) quality assurance/quality control program for maintenance and repairs of tactical and combat vehicles, to include Garrison’s equipment or Pre-deployment Training Equipment.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) on tactical and combat equipment requiring repairs and determine the reparability of items based on the Maintenance Expenditure Limit (MEL).
- Identifies technical training shortfalls and when necessary trains QC inspectors to or mechanics accurately diagnose/troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic malfunctions accurately using the latest equipment, technical manuals (TM), and procedures available.
- Validate customers’ estimated cost of damage (ECOD) and actual cost of damage (ACOD) for repairs; ensures vehicle/equipment condition classifications, ECODs and ACODs are completed in accordance with DA PAM 750-8.
- Organizes maintenance workflow efficiency, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Primarily responsible for enforcing safety and environmental standards in conjunction with maintenance operations.
- Performs employee discipline counseling, employee performance reviews, and other personnel reporting’s.
- Reviews and approve employee timesheets.
- Screen applicants and conducts interviews for open position.
- Ensures all employees observe policy, procedures and regulatory guidance for physical security, and monitors for compliance.
- Must have at least five years of supervisory experience, a comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies, procedures and instructions in The Army Maintenance Management Systems (TAMMS).
- Must have knowledge in completing necessary documentation such as DA Forms 2404/5988E Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet, DA Form 2407 Maintenance Request, DA Form 2407–1 Maintenance Request Continuation Sheet, DA Form 7723 Maintenance Expenditure Limit Waiver, DA Form 461-5 Vehicle Classification Inspection, and other applicable DA/DoD forms.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of applicable program relationships, concepts and methodologies pertaining fleet maintenance operations.
- Must possess operational skill and knowledge of the automated supply systems utilized, specifically the Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-A)
- Ability to gain cooperation and coordinate the work of others.
- Skill in written and oral presentations.
- Capability to adjust work operations to meet emergency or changing program or production requirements within available resources and with minimum sacrifice to quantity and quality of work.
- Ability to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progress.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
Technica recognizes the value of diversity in our workplace and is committed to equal opportunity. Technica provides fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sexual preference, partnership status, gender identity, disability, genetic information, and protected veteran status, status of participation in the U.S. Armed Services, or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Technica hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Technica reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Technica encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and members or veterans of the U.S. Armed Services to apply.
Technica offers paid time off, health, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance benefits, and 401(k) options to all full-time employees.
This position description is subject to change at any time. Only persons submitting applications through Technica’s on-line application process will be considered for employment.
Quality Control Inspector
|JOB TITLE:||Quality Control Inspector||DATE REVISED:||1/15/2019|
|REPORTS TO:||Quality |
The Quality Control Inspector, under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, conducts routine and non-routine inspections of raw materials and transit vehicles in various stages of the rehab or repair process in order to maintain product quality. The Quality Control Inspector uses a variety of testing devices and procedures to ensure the established standards are maintained for each contract or scope of work.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Inspect raw materials to ensure consistency and integrity
- Maintain, test, and troubleshoot instrumentation devices
- Track defects, test results, and other regularly reported quality control data
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points
- Identify and address potential problems before they occur
- Additional cross-functional duties as needed
- Related training or experience as a QC Inspector
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Valid driver’s license – willingness to obtain Class B CDL within 6 months
- Mechanical knowledge of air brakes and air systems as well as diesel and CNG engines
- Electrical knowledge is a plus
- Computer skills including Word and Excel. Access is a plus
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
Fema-Disaster Construction Site Inspector
Jacobs Government Facilities and Infrastructure has a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance Technical Assistance Contract (PA TAC) to provide technical assistance support for FEMA disaster related operations throughout the U.S.
FEMA uses the PA TAC nationally to obtain architect–engineers, consultants, and other related professional services to assist state and local municipalities in developing grant applications for Federal Public Assistance funding for the repair of their infrastructure damaged by natural or man-made disasters. In preparation for future task orders we are looking for Federal employees that are interested in working on the PA TAC. Our Program Management Team is building a roster of individuals, who would be interested in temporary deployments (90 days minimum) within the U.S. and its territories if their availability allows. Selected candidates for the FEMA assignments must be U.S. citizens, able to pass a FBI background check, and be able to mobilize within 24-48 hours.
General Responsibilities May Include:
Conducting preliminary damage assessments (PDAs) in the field with Federal, State and local officials.
Writing Project Worksheets (PWs) for the purposes of determining project eligibility, scopes of work and estimating costs to repair or replace a facility or structure in order to restore it to its pre-disaster design.
Providing technical, cost estimating, and disaster recovery and/or management services while supporting technical professionals.
Assisting project managers or engineers in major segments of moderate to complex projects or tasks.
Independently conducting projects involving the design, development, construction or evaluation of restoring disaster locations.
Interpreting construction work to ensure compliance with contract drawings and specifications as well as FEMA Public Assistance policy and procedure.
The successful candidates will have the necessary experience based on the positions needed for deployment. Due to the nature of the work, selected candidates need to have excellent client communication skills and must meet the following requirements:
Minimum of 1 year experience in construction, inspection and quality control.
Prior FEMA Public Assistance disaster response and recovery experience in one of the following areas: Public Assistance Coordinator (PAC) Crew Leader, Project Specialist, Debris Specialist, Debris Monitor, FEMA-certified Trainer, Hazard Mitigation Specialist (Sections 404 and 406), or Long Term Community Recovery Program Specialist.
Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass a FBI background check.
Ability to mobilize within 24-48 hours, commit to a minimum 90-day assignment in remote locations and disaster conditions.
Due to the nature of the work, candidates must have excellent communication skills and be experienced with Microsoft Office product suite.
The initial work for FEMA can be 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week. Rotations home of 3-5 days, approximately every 30 days or so, are provided to each deployed staff as approved by FEMA management. Most expenses, i.e., travel, per diem (food and lodging), are covered by the project and reimbursed directly to the deployed staff in a timely fashion.
Requirements of this position are:
- Ability to approve products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement test; completing inspection documents; and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
Be able to read blueprints and specifications. Capability of extracting dimensional information from technical drawings and process basic mathematical equations
- Able to use measuring tools and equipment: calipers, manometers, microscope, etc.
- Capable of lifting 45 pounds and ability to work standing all day for 8 hour shift.
- Keep measurement equipment operational by following operating instructions and calling for repairs when needed.
This position requires ability to work independently, with a strong focus on product detail. A high level of interpersonal, communication and conflict-resolution skills are desired.
1. Experience inspecting manufactured products confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement test; completing inspection documents; and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials?
2. Experience reading blueprints and specifications?
3. Experience using measuring tools and equipment: calipers, manometers, microscope, etc.?
Certified Inspector - Second Shift
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This position is concerned with the direct inspection of all parts and materials received and shipped to ensure that they meet our quality requirements. In addition, they perform a combination of manual and clerical duties to receive, store and issue the company's materials.
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of moderately complex parts/product inspection tasks (inspect for defects, errors, variation) and/or evaluates manufacturing processes and procedures following Rockwell Collins Quality Management and/or assisting
Communication/Teaming - understands teaming and is working on communication skillsand mentoring Production Operators Systems/Procedures and Workmanship Standards.
Evaluates products, processes, and procedures through the use of schematic diagrams, sketches, drawings, layout, work instructions and quality operating procedures to ensure accuracy.
Required to use measuring devices/inspection tools (micrometers, gauges, scales, calipers, etc.) to verify specifications.
Responsible for assuring that quality and manufacturing procedures are being followed through the use of audit activity. Position also audits products throughout the facility for compliance and records defects to Workmanship Standards.
Maintain complete records of all inspection for department. Review all applicable documentation, test and inspection records for accuracy and completeness
Assists in determining root cause and corrective action activities for process and product improvements.
Inspects and/or repairs electronic assemblies for conformance to prescribed Workmanship Standards, and rejects nonconforming products and accepts conforming products.
May operate optical inspection machine.
May perform final product acceptance (sell process) and/or perform complex repair/rework processes.
Assigns work priorities, sets up work stations, and distributes parts, kits, and supplies to Production Operators.
Mentor new and existing employees
Required to enter time in FIT timekeeping system, charging time to programs being worked and time/attendance
Flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
Work in a safe manner, per Rockwell Collins Environmental Health and Safety policies.
May be required to perform additional duties/responsibilities.
Quality - perform within the limits of quality defect policy, able to mentor Certified Operators with quality issues
Performance - consistently performs at expected or greater productivity level, qualified to inspect multiple processes
Attendance - Regular and reliable attendance is required, performing within the limits of attendance policies
Communication/Teaming - understands teaming and is working on communication skills
High School Diploma or equivalent
US Citizen or Permanent Resident
6+ Months of previous Rockwell Collins or UTC build experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Senior Welding Inspector - Independent Contractor
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work — and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing — and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
The focus of the Senior Welding Inspector role is to supervise the field welding program and provide technical assistance to the construction management and inspection team. This position will report directly to the Chief Inspector. The Senior Welding Inspector will maintain daily contact with the Contractor's welding foreman, activity inspectors and, more particularly, the welding inspection team.
We are looking to fill this position for opportunities in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, and Ontario.
Your Key Responsibilities
Audit the results and the activities of the radiographic inspection contractor, with that contractor's Senior Radiographer.
Approve and supervise Welder Qualification Tests and maintain an ongoing log of welders and their respective qualifications.
Ensure that all welders present and working on the job are qualified, in accordance with the scope of work to which they are dedicated on the project.
Review all Daily Welding Reports to ensure that they are both accurate and comprehensive. Evaluate and communicate, welding related, Non-
Compliances to the Chief Inspector/RCM for his action, where necessary.
Prepare Daily Welding and Radiographic Production Reports and ascertain that the information used to formulate these reports is both accurate and comprehensive.
Ensure that the contractor's superintendent and foremen are thoroughly familiar with Project Welding Specifications, Drawings, welding procedures, and the Special and General requirements necessary to obtain the desired quality of final product.
Review daily repair welding data, in conjunction with the NDE contractor, prior to submitting to the contractor.
Ensure that all welding is carried out in accordance with the approved and written welding procedures.
Ensure that weld tagging operations are in accordance with specified procedures.
Review a sufficient number weld data, on a daily basis, to ensure that the quality, intensity and diagnostic length are to the standard requirements and that the interpretation by the NDE technicians is consistent and acceptable to the Contract Specifications.
Ensure that all NDE work carried out is in accordance with the qualified procedures.
Ensure that the storage of radiographic film meets Project requirements.
Ensure that radiographic film is available for applicable completed welds and is properly catalogued.
Visit all welding locations on a daily basis, to check with the inspectors on problem areas, quality of work, and generally auditing the inspectors for accuracy and consistency.
Prepare, in conjunction with the Senior NDE technician, the Daily NDE Diagnosis of Repair and Cut-out Welds and ensure that all cut out and repaired welds are tracked until a satisfactory weld is obtained and recorded.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
API 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspector Certification required for all pipeline positions, this is not a requirement when working on pumping stations or terminals.
CSA W178.2 Welding Inspector Certification to Level 2 or 3, and a current Visual Acuity Record / Eye Exam, and one of the next 3 below:
Journeyman Welder Certification
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter Certification
Welding Engineering Technologist Diploma
Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences.
Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Advanced skills in use of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Education and Experience
Technical diploma/certificate (as listed above). Minimum of 10 years of industrial and/or pipeline construction experience.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-Saskatchewan, Canada-Ontario, Canada-Alberta, Canada-British Columbia
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jan 9, 2019, 9:44:27 AM
Req ID: 19000009
Los Angeles, CA, 90061
Direct Hire – Not a Contract
Compensation Based on Skill, Experience
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
We are seeking BOTH Entry-Level and Experienced Electrical Quality Inspectors.
Military Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Our Employees are our #1 Resource! We take safety very seriously and are proud of our successful heritage of product innovation and customization as a leading partner in electronics manufacturing for Aerospace, Space and Defense. We are a certified ITAR electronics manufacturer whose products are in 1,000’s of defense initiatives.
The Quality Inspector will be responsible for the inspection, review, documentation and testing of finished electronic products to ensure accuracy and that finished products meet or exceed customer expectations and are in good working order.
- Be Safety-Minded at all times, report safety concerns and violations and be an instrument for maintaining safety throughout the day.
- Accurately review and understand basic electrical and mechanical schematics
- Compare finished product to the Bill of Materials, Schematics, Project Documentation, Change Orders and other available drawings and information to ensure product is Built to Specification.
- Bench Test utilizing simple electronic testers and stations and ensure good working order of products
- Document and maintain reports on quality, production errors, failures and results
- Notify the Production Team, Project Engineer, Quality Manager and Manufacturing Manager of any discrepancies found
- Maintain communication at all times with team leaders, production team, quality and engineering.
- Participate in project meetings, safety meetings, quality and other meetings as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED is a Must
- 1 or more years of experience in electronic or aerospace manufacturing OR a Technical Degree OR Certification in Engineering, Electronics, Engineering Technology, CNC Machining or similar OR recent Electronics Repairs Training/Experience in the Military
- Must be able to read and interpret basic electrical schematics, mechanical drawing and CAD drawings.
- Strong Computer and Communication skills; ability to utilize Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good Match skills are Needed!
- Basic experience with/knowledge of measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, multi-meter and similar.
- Must have good manual dexterity and use of their hands, able to stand for long periods of time and able to lift 20-30 lbs regularly.
- Knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management Systems-Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations.
- IPC-J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 Requirements for Cable/Wire Harness Assemblies
- IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronics Assemblies
- Ability to read basic wiring diagrams required, knowledge of full schematics a plus.
- Must be able to use simple electronic test instruments such as a multi-meter and continuity tester.
- Quality Assurance Knowledge
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning &Tolerance in accordance with ANSIY14.5M-1994.
- Highly experienced in Blueprint and Specification reading and interpretation, familiar with MIL-SPECS and standard Contracts and QA Clauses.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the use of common measuring devices, such as Calipers, Micrometers, Scales, and Tape Measures.
- Knowledge of hand tool calibration is a plus.
- Must be familiar with common inspection techniques and standard shop math.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Construction Inspector I - Exam
Under general supervision, inspects a variety of new construction and/or maintenance projects for conformance to plans, drawings, sketches and specifications; performs related duties as required.
Examples of Work
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties that may be performed.)
Inspects and oversees construction of bridges, highways, streets, alleys, structures, sidewalks, handicap ramps, and other types of construction to insure that procedures and materials comply with plans, specifications, and standard drawings;
Inspects and oversees installation of utility lines such as water lines, sewer lines, gas lines, and electrical lines and lighting to ensure conformance to plans, specifications, and standard drawings;
Investigates complaints of broken sidewalks, pot holes in street, and need for repairs to structures; determines property owner's name by checking Court House records; prepares repair notice for mailing to property owner;
Inspects sub-grade and base for street work after final grading, concrete and blacktop paving, curb and cutter forms, drain tile installation, and curing methods of concrete; Tests concrete for percentage of entrained air; makes slump cone tests for workability and conducts split tensile strength tests; checks backfill for settlement andpaving aggregates for specification standards;
Measures distances to verify accuracy of dimensions of structural installations, sanitary wyes, and layouts; measures improved property to make certain that proper charges are assessed;
Verifies levels, alignment, and elevation of installations;
Inspects final cleanup work; Inspects sanitary and storm sewer construction and repair work; interprets plans and specifications to contractor;
Inspects concrete structures such as bridges, sewage pump stations, manholes, regulator chambers, catch basins, headwalls, siphon chambers, pipes, and reinforced steel; Inspects driving of wood piles and tunnels for correct type of liners;
Prepares descriptions of water lines after installation; draws up survey plans and water line layouts; Prepares samples of unapproved materials for laboratory testing;
Tracks quantities of materials received or used during specified periods;
Maintains daily log of construction and inspection activities and prepares progress reports; prepares reports of work done;
May recommend changes in location and placement of water lines due to existing conditions; performs hydrostatic test of proposed water lines.
Completion of the twelfth school grade and one (1) year of experience in the construction, inspection, or field testing of materials in the construction or repair of hard infrastructure (e.g., streets, roadways, bridges, or large parking areas; laying sewer pipe or water lines; street light installation; or water tank construction). Substitution(s): Significant coursework (30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours) in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field may be substituted for the experience requirement. A certificate of high school equivalence (GED) will be accepted in lieu of the twelfth grade completion requirements.
If you meet the minimum qualifications by using education, you MUST attach official documentation of your degree or coursework to your application. If you do not attach appropriate documentation, your application will be rejected.
Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
Test/Job Contact Information
The names of the applicants passing this administration of this exam will be used to create a NEW, OPEN COMPETITIVE, eligible list, and will replace the names on the current list. If you are interested in having your name included on the new eligible list, you will need to apply for this exam within the filing period indicated below and successfully complete all phases of the testing process. Questions regarding this process can be directed to the Applicant and Employees Services Unit at (614) 645-8369.
The examination process will consist of a multiple-choice exam weighted 90% covering reading comprehension, mathematics, logic/reasoning/problem sensitivity, public relations, construction knowledge, reading maps/plans/specifications, and safety; and a computer skills exam weighted 10% covering basic level Outlook 2010 and Windows.
The exam is expected to be administered in early February 2019. Approved applicants will be notified by mail/email of their scheduled test date and time.
All applicants must complete all phases of the testing process in order to receive a final score. The names of all candidates who pass this examination will remain on the eligible list for two years, unless the eligible list is replaced prior to or extended beyond the two years. If a candidate's name is certified and the candidate is to be considered for employment, the hiring process will include one or more interviews, a criminal background check, and a pre-employment drug test. For any position within the Division of Police, the hiring process will also include the completion of an extensive personal history questionnaire and a polygraph examination.
The certification process will be: Ten Point Fixed Band
The City of Columbus is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!