Furniture Assembler Job Description Sample
Immediate Hire Furniture Assembler (Pt/Days) (8503)
Apollo Retail is looking for individuals who are handy with tools to join our team!
Job responsibilities will include assembling bikes and furniture in retail stores and customer’s homes, travel is required.
Paid training is provided!
This is a flexible Monday – Friday PART-TIME position.
Pay Rate: $15 piece rate
- Assembly of bikes, RTA furniture, etc.
- Perform service call to provide general maintenance and assembly repairs for a retailer
- Provide in-home assembly services to customers for our partnered retailer
- Pre-employment background check and Drug Test
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Tools (and a bike stand is required for bike assembly only). Apollo offers a Tool Purchase Program to all of its employees.
- Local Travel (up to 60 miles)
- Daily internet access and ability to upload photos for reporting
· Apply Directly!
· For more information please contact the recruiter for this position:
· Angel Wright
· (813 -712-2560)
*For immediate consideration, please apply on our company website at:WWW.APOLLORETAIL.COM
- Open pallets/boxes to inspect product for condition
- Assembles furniture, sporting goods, etc.
- Inspects and verifies accuracy of assembled article for conformance to specified standards
- Adhere price stickers to product as needed.
- Keep area clean and organized.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of hand tools.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods of time and handle merchandise up to 50 lbs.
The Furniture Assembler/Dock Checker is responsible for assembling furniture and filling customer orders in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security and productivity. Efficiently fills customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Ensure outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure outbound picked furniture matches invoice before loading into contractors vehicle for delivery
- Ensures that outbound furniture does not have any damages or flaws
- Efficiently prepares customers orders
- Assembles outbound furniture prior to delivery
- Conducts operations in compliance with OSHA standards
- Conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety
- Ensures that the correct number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled
- Inspects and performs minor maintenance on the equipment
- Maintains a clean free from debris warehouse floor
- Meet company standards for productivity
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Skills and Qualifications
A positive and pleasant personality, verbal communication, professionalism, sensitivity to confidential matters, organization team work. Must be able to use a screw driver, electric drill, and Allen Wrench.
Furniture Assembler & Upholstery Assembler
A local Los Angeles company is searching for an experienced Furniture or Upholstery Assembler. This job performs tasks in a fast-paced manufacturing and warehouse environment, commonly working independently and as part of a team with limited supervision at times. Completing projects within specifications and maintaining quality work is valued with this employer.
- Assembles form sections, frames, or complete articles of furniture: trims joints to fit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Connecting parts together with power tools or compresses assembled parts in clamp until glue has settled.
- Inspects and verifies accuracy of assembled articles for conformance to specified standards, using square and measure tape.
- May work as member of team along a conveyor belt.
- Ability to safely lift up to 30 lbs
- Some knowledge of using power tools by OSHA standards.
- Some knowledge of parts assembly
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Express provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
salary:$9.50 - $10.50 per hour
date posted:Friday, January 19, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Pay starts at $9.50. This is an immediate start temp-to-hire position. Candidates would be assembling bedroom furniture like dressers, beds, and night stands.
Some pieces are very heavy and long. So, candidate would be bending, twisting, and lifting for the majority of their shift. Candidates would also need to have a familiarity of basic hand and air tools as they would be used to assemble the furniture.
If you are interested, please apply. You may also reach out to me at email@example.com. If you prefer to call, please dial 704-798-8319.
Please only call between the hours of 8am-5:30pm. Working hours: 7am-4pm
Handtools Airtools Assembly Furniture Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies.
Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Delivery / Warehouse / Furniture Assembly
Casual Furniture World is seeking a full time delivery/warehouse team member. Applicants should have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record, maintain a clean appearance and be a hard worker. Daily responsibilities will include:
Pulling orders and prepping merchandise for deliveries.
Following delivery routes and time schedules.
Loading, unloading and inspecting delivery vehicle.
Please visit out website at www.casualfurnitureworld.com to learn more about us and our products.
Apprentice - Furniture Assembly & Wood Working
Job Title: Furniture / Woodworking Apprentice
Status: Full Time
Pay Rate: $13.00-$18.00/hr
This is not your typical manufacturing facility! We strive to nurture a collaborative environment that fosters creativity and teamwork. We are looking for an adaptable, open-minded, and hardworking individual to join our team as an apprentice. The position will focus on woodworking and furniture assembly. The right candidate will be eager to learn and ready to do whatever is needed to ensure team success in manufacturing custom designed furniture and decor. We are willing to train the right candidate, but experience operating CNC and other manufacturing machinery is a strong plus.
· Process work orders
· Assist/shadow wood machinery
· Cross train and learn how to work in multiple departments/stations
· Maintain a clean and organized workspace
· Schedule and confirm lumber deliveries
· Learn and execute manufacturing processes and procedures
· High School Diploma preferred
· If selected for the position, must be willing to submit to a drug test and background check
· Machine operator experience a plus
· Experience in construction industry a plus
· Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
Keywords: CAD CAM Programmer (Computer-Aided Design Computer-Aided Manufacturing Programmer), Computer Numerical Control Machine Operator (CNC Machine Operator), Computer Numerical Control Machining Center Operator (CNC Machining Center Operator), Computer Numerical Control Machinist (CNC Machinist), Computer Numerical Control Operator (CNC Operator), Computer Numerical Control Programmer (CNC Programmer), Machine Shop Lead Man, Machining Manager, Process Engineer, Programmer, Boring Machine Operator, Cabinet Maker, Knot Saw Operator, Lathe Operator, Machine Operator, Molder Operator, Router Operator, Sander, Sander Operator
We are a full-service employment agency with more than 7 years connecting businesses with premium talent. Our recruiting team provides companies with custom tailored solutions that provide the best in flexible labor programs. No need to look further, join our growing agency today and launch your career to new heights!
Manufacturing, Assembly And Production Of Modular Furniture Systems
AV Furniture manufacturer is seeking a responsible Production person to assemble and pack modular furniture systems.
The job involves the assembly of modular furniture, including fully assembled cabinets as well as packaging of ready-to-assemble furniture.
The candidate should have:
- Hands-on skills / technical abilities
- High ethics
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to Team lift 100+ lbs reapeatedly throughout the day
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Clear writing (grammar, spelling and penmanship)
- A demonstrated ability to work accurately and manage time in the most productive manner
- A demonstrated history of trustworthiness and good judgment
- Ability to work in a diverse ethnic workplace and have a respect for the needs, feelings, point of view, attitudes and potential contribution of all people from diverse ethnic, social and educational backgrounds
Lead Furniture Installer & Furniture Installer - Furniture Dealership
Growing Baltimore, Maryland office furniture dealership seeks experienced Lead Furniture Installer and Furniture Installer. Pay is $13 - $18 an hour depending on experience. We offer paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. We also offer medical, dental and vision insurance. Must have your own tools and transportation. Must be able to lift over 50 lbs. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening. Must have valid driver's license and SS card. Must be able to pass a US citizenship/immigration verification (US Citizenship required). Ability to drive 24 foot (under CDL) straight truck and a clean driving record is a strong plus.
Note: For candidates invited to an onsite interview, a furniture installation skills test will be given to see how well candidate can assemble and/or disassemble a piece of furniture.
The Lead Furniture Installer and Furniture Installer will work with the Project Team (consisting of Sales Staff, Project Managers, Customer Service Representatives and Designers). The Lead Furniture Installer and Furniture Installer will assist Project Manager to plan, direct, coordinate or budget activities concerned with the ordering, receiving, delivering, installing, moving and re-configuring or disposing of Furniture. Participate in the conceptual development of a furniture project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation, any punch lists and completing on time and within budget. Lead Furniture Installer and Furniture Installer are responsible for managing overall operations of furniture projects. Must be familiar with scheduling and supervising a furniture installation and moving crew. Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and be able to keep track of large numbers of furniture. Must have the aptitude to learn our project management software called Team Design. Ability to work well with people and pay attention to detail. Punctual and very organized but also very flexible and able to adapt to rapid changes. Must be a quick learner and self-starter. Must be a strong leader with the ability to take charge and lead all kinds of people.
1. Knowledge of accurate measurements, drawing of sites, administration and management of furniture, materials, and tools.
2. Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools used in the furniture installation, moving, reconfiguration business.
3. Ability to manage own time and manage personnel resources.
4. Understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
5. Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
6. Approximately 2-5 years of experience in the furniture industry
Education: High School Diploma or Greater
Start date: Immediate
Furniture Upholsterers / Framers / Assembly
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!