Furniture Finisher Job Description Sample
Position:* * Metal Finisher
Reports to:* * Plant Manager
A global company with headquarters in Rochester, New York, Cannon Industries has grown to become one of the leading sheet metal and custom weld fabricators in the contract manufacturing industry. Our quality standards are unsurpassed in the industry because we know that our customers’ standards grow with each passing year. Computer controlled processes, operators and technicians with decades of experience, and strict procedures for quality control have led Cannon Industries to step ahead of the competition, by earning QS:9000, ISO:9002, and TS:16949 certifications. Cannon Industries, Inc. is a drug, smoke and alcohol free working environment.
Grinds and smooths surfaces of items, while also possessing the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- High * school diploma or general education degree (GED) *
- Minimum * one year or more experience *
- Fluent * in verbal and written English
- * *
- Examines * * and feels surface of work piece for defects. * *
- Move * * grinder over surface of work piece to remove scratches and * * imperfections * *
- Polish * * ground areas with finer abrasive to produce smooth, unmarred * * surface * *
- Replace * * worn abrasive disks, wheels, and belts * *
- Selects * * grade of abrasive belt, wheel, or disk according to specifications * *
- Ability * * to operate material handling equipment
- Must * be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly *
- Requires * frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts * and part containers *
- May * be required to stand for long periods of time *
- May * involve some repetitive motions *
- Due * to the open environment of the warehouse, must be able to work in * various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, * humidity and cold
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as it may be deemed necessary.
Concrete finisher: finish concrete including sidewalks, aprons, ramps, slabs, retaining walls and curbing.
Long Island based company
relocation allowance to the right candidate
- Operates a screed to level freshly placed concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Smooth concrete surface using either a hand trowel, long handled “bull float” powered float and/or riding trowel machines
- Cut joints/grooves in concrete with edging tools to help control cracking, as well as layout and saw cut joints with an early entry saw
- Set and place forms to proper elevations and location, prepare the base and install proper reinforcing
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates imbeds and other fixtures into freshly poured concrete and/or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish
- Valid CDL Class A or B license
- Must understand ADA compliance
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Must be able to pass a drug screening.
- Skill in smoothing, finishing freshly placed concrete, applying surface treatments and restoring concrete surfaces.
- Work overtime as required
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies.
We offer a generous benefits package including:
-Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
-401k with Company match
Advanced Pavement Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Advanced Pavement Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Robotic Finisher (604535)
Finisher II- Huntsville TX
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Hydrostatically test gas lift equipment to find weakness in the welds or pinholes in the material, operate a hydraulic press to insure equipment id drifts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs ID drifts.
Pressure test mandrel to engineering specifications using hydro test pump and chart recorder or straighten mandrels after heat treat.
Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
2-4+ years related experience with High School Diploma or Equivalent;
Prep tool for sandblasting and painting
Test or Press experience preferred.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Furniture Sales Associate, Full Time: Furniture Clearance Outlet, Bloomingdales - Wayne, NJ
If you live on the cutting edge of fashion and have a keen eye for design, why not put that expertise to work on the sales floor? Join our team of problem solvers and doers: Apply today!
Bloomingdale's is seeking a full time, highly polished retail Sales Professional to join our Furniture department. As a Bloomingdale's Furniture Sales Professional you will play a key role in enhancing our image as a service store. You will learn the facts behind our world famous merchandise, while developing a clientele all your own. If you have a natural talent for lush and exotic furnishings and a good eye for room design, we would really like to meet with you
All hourly associates are eligible to receive a quarterly bonus incentive, colleague discounts and the opportunity to be a part of an iconic brand. Certain criteria must be met to receive the quarterly bonus incentive.
Greeting all walk-in customers promptly and delivering "friendly and attentive service"
Developing and maintaining your own clientele including phone contact, letters and phone calls
Understanding your merchandise - the features, advantages and benefits
Remaining current and knowledgeable on register systems
Floor coverage flexibility and dependability with schedules including some nights and weekends
Friendly and outgoing personality
Superior customer service skills including strong phone skills
Possesses drive, is goal-oriented, has an entrepreneurial outlook
Enjoy meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates an energetic and positive attidue
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures
A team ployer who possesses the ability to work in a learning environment
Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management
Experience in Commission Furniture Sales preferred
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We believe that service starts inside the organization and embrace a concept called "People First." At RH, do your best work in an inspiring space, enjoy a 50% product discount and receive opportunities for career advancement.
Assess damages and choose the appropriate method of repair for case goods, leather, fabric, and upholstery.
Perform various furniture service duties to include the repair and refurbishment of all case goods, upholstery, and leather products.
Ability to use techniques such as use of fillers, burn-ins, color matching, structural repairs, and installation of replacement parts.
Demonstrate a high-level of attention to detail and professionalism at all times.
Ability to travel over the road for after purchase repair in the homes of customers.
All other duties as assigned.
Minimum of two (2) years of proven experience preferred.
Experience using hand and electrical tools to assemble furniture.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Proven basic computer skills.
Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to interact directly with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
Experience with woodworking, upholstery and leather repair, faux finishing, paint color matching, custom framing, coatings and finishes on various surfaces, furniture construction methods.
Ability to repair: wood, leather, fabric, metal, stone, marble, concrete
Work in a fast paced environment
Positive can-do attitude
Exceptional problem solving skills
Multi task different projects at the same time
Exceptional color matching skills
- Ability to lift, push or pull equipment/merchandise weighing between 50 pounds and 100 pounds
Great benefits package with premier medical, dental and vision partners
Rewarding paid time-off plans, including vacation, sick time, personal days, company holidays and more
Substantial associate discount of 50% off regularly priced RH merchandise and 30% off sale items
Access to all RH Members Program benefits, including complimentary design services
High-value discounts with respected national vendors, partners and retailers
Generous Referral Bonus Program to reward associates for recruiting top talent
Furniture Repair Technician (800)
Are you looking for a challenge?
Shop refinishing personnel must be qualified to rebuild, refinish, touch-up and repair any merchandise that does not meet the quality standards for delivery or pick-up by the company’s customers.
- Ability to discern color
- General knowledge of wood/upholstery/leather repair techniques to include knowledge or supplies needed for said repairs
- Proficiency with specialty equipment such as – band saws, table saws, steamer, spray booth
- Skills and ability to cut glass
- Ability to read and comprehend assembly instructions with ability to train others
- Identify and repair any defects found in merchandise using proper furniture techniques that will present the best quality product. To include: use of fillers, burn-ins, color matching and replacement with pigments and stains, structural repairs and installation of replacement parts.
- Proficiency in the spray application of finished, sealers and toners to case goods.
- Ability to repair any and all of the five levels of finish damage.
- Education: High school or vocational school.
- Experience: Minimum 1--3 years’ experience. Previous woodworking and/or refinishing experience are necessary for this position.
Skills: Must be able to see color accurately, read, do simple math and write legibly
Haynes Furniture is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Sales Professional Furniture Costa Mesa
MODANI, a booming concept in home furnishings with 12 stores in the US is looking for motivated and reliable full time sales professionals for its Costa Mesa location.
Our growing niche is in selling modern furniture at affordable prices as can be seen on our website: www.modani.com
The position is a full time position in a fast-paced environment requiring multi-tasking, organised with exceptional sales skills as well as an interest in helping people figure out how to decorate their homes. understanding how to lay out furniture and propose sets and arrangements that will help customers and clients realise their perfect room / home.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Quoting and selling to customers, as well as assisting with purchases in general, providing suggestive selling and providing product information.
- Provides design consultation services and advice to customers as necessary in furtherance of Modani’s advertised design services online, provides 2D/ renderings and home design layouts to customers in stores through custom design software upon presentation of a floor plan
- Customer quote follow up and occasional prospecting. Utilizes company leads to expand current customer base and follows up all leads promptly.
- Consults inventory levels and pushes sales of items in stock
- Provides customer feedback and design requests to manager, as well as perceived market competition on similar products
- Builds and maintains an understanding of the stores products and price information, keeps himself/herself up to date with monthly promotions, sales and resulting price changes
- Supervises and coordinates delivery dates and follow up with dispatch department
- Maintains a neat and orderly store at all times, including merchandising recommendations, as well as showroom cleanliness and orderliness.
- Complies with all company rules and processes in the selling process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Salary + commissions
Health benefits available
Sales experience is important along with the ability to engage our customers and help them find their perfect furniture. If you have the drive to succeed and a desire to provide excellent customer service then we want to talk to you!
Please send your resumes via email and a brief description of your motivations, skills and why the company should choose you as a new salesperson.
Health benefits and Paid Vacation
Applies standard finishes to both production and prototype machine parts.
Works under direction from supervisor to utilize process sheets to implement painting processes, applications and techniques where tolerances are measured in terms of thickness and are moderately difficult to meet.
Assists in determining the type of finish, quantity and color to be utilized in conformance with military specifications as well as selecting the proper method, equipment and tools to complete task.
Ensures proper surface masking and preparation, mixing epoxies and solvents to appropriate ratios by weight, volume or viscosity
Mixes and applies a wide variety of products to specific colors, consistencies and viscosities requiring a moderate knowledge and understanding of their qualities in order to achieve desired effect.
Assists in testing drying, curing and baking times for unusual finishes. Adjusts temperatures according to atmospheric conditions, finish requirements and experimental bake times.
Regulates spray gun and ventilates spray booth according to temperature and humidity requirements. Assists in calculating requirements if methods are being tested.
Design Expert - Furniture Sales Associate
Crate and Barrel Furniture Sales Associates have a passion for helping customers see what is possible with the latest on-trend merchandise. They do this by building meaningful and long-term relationships with their customers, and use their comprehensive knowledge to guide and advise customers looking to furnish an entire room or simply add an accent piece. Our Furniture Sales Associates are up-to-date on the latest trends, and are trained to work with a range of design styles from classic to contemporary. In addition, Furniture Sales Associates utilize digital tools and technology during in-store and in-home consultations to show our customers how our furniture, fabrics and decor can bring their vision to life. If you enjoy working with customers in a competitive team environment, have a passion for helping customers with their home interiors and have a proven ability to drive sales, this position has the potential to offer you a creative and rewarding career. Speaking of rewarding, on average our Furniture Sales Associates have the potential to earn $50K in commission on top of their base salary.
Maximize company sales growth and profitability through the use of creative selling skills, teamwork and customer service, in order to deliver an engaged experience to every customer, every time.
Actively listen to and engage customers , using appropriate selling skills to match the customer's needs, and ensure their decisions build long-term relationships.
Motivate self to stay accountable to individual sales and service goals, as determined by store management.
Keep customer well informed about orders and any status changes; update notes on customer sales to keep sales associates informed, remaining attentive to customer needs.
Support and actively utilize customer acquisition methods available to the store.
Maintain strong relationships with existing customers, as well as prospect for new customers.
Communicate company loyalty services, when applicable.
Develop, share and apply product expertise by staying informed with the marketplace and industry trends.
Maintain knowledge of all product information, intranet communications, and current advertising and marketing initiatives.
Maintain sales floor coverage and follow posted schedules with regard to area assignments.
Assist the Assistant Store Manager, Sales with ensuring furniture product and displays are maintained per the sales floor maintenance guidelines.
Maintain flexibility with schedule to meet the needs of the team and overall business.
Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
Communicate customer feedback to store management team concerning policies and/or product requests, problems and suggestions.
Actively participate in store meetings and training sessions.
Maintain an awareness of all available resources for training and development, and actively participate in self development and growth through company resources.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as "the Company". The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Back to Job Navigation (Responsibilities)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!