Fusing Furnace Loader Job Description Sample
Poly Fusing Laborer
Platinum Pipeline Services is looking to add a couple guys for Poly fusing crews. We build miles of poly pipelines for oil, gas, and water. Must have experience in the industry and must be a hard worker. Depending on experience, you will be put on another foremans crew or possibly run your own crew. Being able to operate heavy equipment such as backhoe, trackhoe, and forklifts are a huge plus.
Project Manager – Furnace Engineer
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
-Create safe processes and specification of equipment, ensures that ergonomics is considered in all areas of design, and that potential safety and health hazards are identified and eliminated during project execution.
-Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are followed, driving a zero-incident project environment.
-Design of environmentally compliant processes and specification of environmentally compliant equipment, ensures that all permit requirements are considered and addressed in the design, and that potential environmental issues are identified and addressed during project execution
- Develop scopes, specifications, schedules, and investment grade cost estimates for multi-discipline industrial manufacturing capital projects worldwide up to $10M
- Develop, guide, review, and present project feasibility studies and business cases that accurately identify project benefits, risks, and returns
- Utilize glassmaking furnace experience to guide projects to cost effective, best practice, designs to ensure successful project with respect to quality, technology, cost, and schedule.
- Utilize working knowledge of refractory properties/applications to ensure optimal refractories are used in projects to meet life expectancy and financial goals
- Utilize working knowledge of glassmaking operations to assist with ongoing furnace life expectancy issues and hot repair requirements.
- Develop technical specifications and contracts for equipment and services for all aspects of projects and ensure compliance.
- Coordinate, review, provide oversight and manage external engineering resources and consultants and contractors as needed to meet project objectives
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably mechanical, electrical, chemical or materials engineering
- Minimum of 6 years engineering experience in an industrial or manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated success managing projects up to $10M
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledgeable of the supply chain process, bidding, evaluating, contractor selection, and risk mitigation to JM through smart contracting
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in different phases
- Heavy travel required (50-75% travel)
- Experience with glassmaking furnaces and/or forehearths.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with large manufacturing furnaces and/or glassmaking operations.
- Working knowledge of refractory properties/applications and uses for both cold rebuilds and hot repair applications strongly preferred.
- PMP Certification
- Experience in fiberglass or glass manufacturing industries
Principal Project Engineer - Furnace Engineering
Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full-time direct employment with Vitaver Staffing Client
Onsite: On location at the Client’s site. Position requires frequent travel (50-75% of the time).
Salary: $100,000 to $130,000 range depending on your level of expertise.
Additional Information: Full benefits and relocation assistance available; interview travel reimbursed.
Description: Our Client, a manufacturer of insulation and roofing materials, is hiring a Principal Project Engineer (Furnace Engineering) in Littleton, CO.
• Knowledge of refractory properties / applications and uses for both cold rebuilds and hot repair applications;
• Knowledgeable and experienced in refractory and/or furnace inspection methods;
• Experience in fiberglass or glass manufacturing industries;
• PMP Certification;
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
If this job is not for you, earn a $2,100.00 referral bonus in cash by referring a Candidate or a Client to us. Vitaver Referral Program is one of the most generous on the market!
Seeking experienced furnace installer
Fraser Manufacturer is looking for a Furnace Operators
- Press Operator background a plus
- Furnace operations including loading and unloading of material
- Complete operation of all furnace equipment
- Wage based on experience
- 2nd and 3rd shift available
GREAT OPPORTUNITY: NIGHT SHIFT 11:00 PM TO 7:30 AM
needs the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or vehicle to exact positions. - ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences - needs the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Weighs or measures specified amounts of ingredients or materials for processing, using devices such as scales and calipers.- Needs the skill to determine causes of operating errors and decides what to do about it.- Presses and adjusts controls in order to activate, set, and regulate equipment according to specifications.- Monitors equipment operations, gauges, and panel lights in order to detect deviations from standards.- Needs the skill to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.- Reads and interprets work orders and instructions in order to determine work assignments, process specifications, and production schedules.- Record gauges readings, test results, and shift production in log books.- Confers with supervisors or other equipment operators in order to report equipment malfunctions or to resolve productions problems.- Examines or tests samples of processed substances, or collect samples for laboratory testing, in order to ensure conformance to specifications.- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts equipment, using scrapers, solvents, air hoses, and oil and hand tools.- Stops equipment and clears blockages or jams, using fingers, wire, or hand tools.
Vacuum Furnace Operator
Corry Manufacturing Company, a northwestern PA manufacturer of component parts for the aerospace and gas turbine industries is looking to fill the following position:
Vacuum Furnace Operator
This individual will need to have some mechanical ability, be able to read blueprints, perform basic shop math, maintain appropriate tolerances, and be able to set furnace temperature, time and cycles.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: Corry Manufacturing, 519 West Main Street, Corry, PA 16407, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Paula Merkle to request special accommodations required to apply in an alternative way.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor -Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with disabilities/Sexual orientation/Gender identity
The Furnace Operator is responsible for the successful loading and unloading of parts. This will include the reading of lineups to determine the arrangements of various loads. The Furnace Operator also has an awareness of material in furnaces to determine sequence of loading. This individual will learn to operate a forklift/hi-lo to transport baskets and parts throughout the plant location.
Requirements of the Furnace Operator:
- High School Diploma required
- Operation of heat-treat equipment
- Read lineup to determine the arrangement of various loads
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions parts weighing up to 40 lbs. when loading and unloading parts from heat-treated baskets
- Typically operates a forklift/hi-lo to transport baskets
- Inspects parts to ensure quality compliance
- Creates shippers and certifications on completed orders
- Responsible for safety and general housekeeping in work area
- Presence at the employer’s site during regularly scheduled shifts and business hours.
- Frequent walking within a plant environment
- Close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of hands to manipulate, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Regular standing, talking, hearing, climbing or balancing, and lifting or moving up to 40 pounds.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc. Safety equipment is provided.
- Regular stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Able to pass a drug screen and physical examination
- This job requires (or may require) a criminal background check. Convictions and pending felony charges are not an absolute bar to employment and will only be considered if required by law or there is a substantial relationship to the circumstances of the particular job or if bond ability is at issue
Compensation for the Furnace Operator:
- Pay for this position is $11.00-$11.75 per hour
Schedule for the Furnace Operator:
- 6:00am-6:00pm or 6:00pm-6:00am
LaJoy Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Furnace Operator - Will Train Heat Treat Specialist
Operate Industrial Furnace, heat treat of metal products:
GREAT ATTENDANCE A MUST.
1) Assists FURNACE OPERATOR by performing any combination of following duties: Seals furnace opening with fire clay and firebrick, using paddle and shovel.
2) Charges furnace with materials, such as scrap, ore, flux, reagents, slimes, oxides, pellets, or coke, by moving levers to open bin or hopper gates, by shoveling, or by signaling FURNACE CHARGER or OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to load furnace.
3) Turns valves to force air through tuyeres into molten metal to oxidize impurities.
4) Observes gauges and manipulates controls on panel to admit nitrogen to prevent igniting of magnesium.
- 5) Skims slag from molten metal, using bar, rabble, or ladle.
- 6) Cleans slag from tuyeres to let air flow, using bar, hammer, or pneumatic drill.
- 7) Signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR, or uses electric hoist, to position ladles or buckets near furnace, and moves levers to tilt furnace into pouring position.
- 8) Scrapes and chips slag, solidified metal, furnace lining, and residue from furnace, using hammer, chisel, and scraper.
- 9) Breaks condensers and defective retorts with sledgehammer for removal to crusher.
Our Staffing Coordinators will work with you to find the ideal job that fits your personal goals. SMITH uses Job Matching Tools to match your abilities and interests ensuring that your talent is utilized to its fullest potential.
Furnace Operator/Material Handler
Prepares, operates, and controls furnace to refine or melt ore or metal to specified temperature, and changes controls to regulate the furnace and to maintain specified temperature.
Weighs out specified amounts of metal and charges metal into furnace by hand, using hoist, or by directing crane operator to charge furnace.
Observes color, fluidity of molten bath, and appearance of metal on bar, to estimate temperature, or measures temperature, using pyrometer.
Skims slag with rabble, dross hoe, or ladle. Lifts and transfers ladles of melt. Records data from each melt on form.
Samples materials and sends samples to laboratory for analysis.
May load molten metal into furnace, using transfer ladle.
May transport crucible or ladle to pouring station and pour metal into molds
- Requires frequent standing, walking, reaching, and grabbing
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to operate within a team atmosphere
- Experience working in a foundry environment is preferred
- Will be exposed to loud noises, dust, and heat (within work area)
- Ability to read and comprehend job procedures and training documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization
The company serves mainly the Building and Construction markets, but also supplies Service Centers and Federal and State Governmental agencies.
Jupiter Aluminum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Affirmative Action/Minorities/Female/Veterans/ Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!