Garnisher Job Description Sample
If you're looking for work as a Garnishments Analyst, OfficeTeam has an opening for someone who is results-oriented and deeply passionate about growing their career in the Hospitality industry. To succeed in this Garnishments Analyst position, you will need to perform various data entry and office support duties. You'll succeed at this job if you love mail merging, pivot tables, and presentation design, so don't hesitate to contact us if you fit that description! If you're looking for a long term temporary position in the Las Vegas, Nevada area, this Garnishments Analyst job is a terrific opportunity for you! Garnishments Analyst
Preferably someone with experience processing garnishments
Experience with Infinium would be excellent
Req ID: 03100-0010305502 Functional Role: Secretary/Admin Asst
City:* Las Vegas
Postal Code:* 89119 Compensation: $12.25 to $14.00 per hour
* - Familiarity with using the internet for research tasks
Substantial computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, as well as databases and customer database systems
ADP or Infinium
Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
Auditing experience desired
Data entry experience preferred
Strong familiarity with numeric data entry Are you passionate about supporting a dynamic and growing company and looking to thrive in a creative environment? Then we would love to hear from you! This position will be staffed by the end of the week. Apply today! .
Garnishment Specialist - Payroll
- Performs payroll transactions related to garnishments to include set-up, data entry, garnishment interpretation and updating deductions data according to established timelines, standards and procedures
- Provides answers to garnishment and/or court notices as required within prescribed time limits
- Responds to routine inquiries from client contacts concerning garnishment deductions
- Ability to effectively examine, set up, process and reconcile garnishments
- Adheres to federal and state guidelines when handling garnishment orders
- Assists with garnishment set-up for new acquisitions and implementations
- Other Special Garnishment projects or tasks assigned by Management.
- 1-3 years Garnishment and Payroll experience
- Knowledge of interpreting, entering and paying withholding orders including, but not limited to garnishments, child supports, student loans, and federal and state tax levies
- Knowledge of multi-state garnishment laws
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to manage assigned work in an organized, proactive and independent manner to meet all required time frames and commitments
- Excellent analytical ability within a high transaction volume environment
- Experience with handling a large volume of garnishments in a payroll processing environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, interest, and percentages
- Assists with related special projects as required
- Overtime may be required during any calendar quarter
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Communicates and provides superior service to client base located throughout the country
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as experienced in handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excels in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Looks for new and creative ways to solve problems or improve processes
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Process oriented
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Knowledge of Kronos
OPS Manager, Garnishment Services
Description Ultimate Software is seeking an employee and customer focused individual to act as our Operations Manager of Garnishment Services. This is an outstanding opportunity to help to build and refine processes for a fast growing team. This position is responsible for supervising the daily activities of the team to ensure efficient and effective delivery of quality service to our customers within a “people first” environment. Qualified candidates are highly-motivated, solutions-driven and have a strong leadership background. Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #7 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
:(other duties may be assigned) * Provides day-to-day management of the Garnishment Services team and oversees a high level of accuracy.
Communicate new processes, policies, team changes and updates effectively via monthly team meetings and emails.
Give ongoing feedback and timely guidance to team members for individual and team development.
Assist with recruiting, training, and new hire onboarding programs.
Manage career path and goals for team members.
Administer yearly reviews and increases.
Develop team building exercises for high morale and team partnering improvement.
Provide ongoing oversight of all legal and regulatory compliance in the Garnishment/Wage Attachment arena
Stays current and communicates effectively regarding federal and multi-state regulatory requirements, emerging industry trends and company or client policies that affect garnishments.
Responsible for the managing team metrics, KPIs, queues, and distribution of work load ensuring high customer satisfaction.
Acquire, maintain, and expand knowledge of relevant service offerings, policies, and methods of delivery Required Qualifications/Skills
: * Minimum of 10 years people leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a services or customer support environment
: * Working knowledge of UltiPro applications a plus
Have an understanding of garnishments laws and regulations, including multi-state experience.
Minimum of 5 years garnishment experience and/or combined large payroll experience (2,000-5,000 employees)
: * Demonstrate leadership, decision-making and team building skills
Create a team culture of trust, honesty, and fun.
Strong oral, written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrates strong business acumen
Communicate effectively via phone, email and in a group presentation setting
Demonstrate problem-solving and negotiation/influence skills
Excellent customer service skills
Outstanding organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Experience in handling difficult and/escalated situations Education/Certification/License
: * Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or other related field. * CPP Certification strongly desired
Travel Requirement: 25% or as needed This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Posted: January 20, 2018
Now seeking a garnishment clerk for our firm..Must have knowledge of the garnishment process along with strong MS Excel skills as well as at least 2 years recent experience in an administrative position (law firm is a huge plus). Please email your confidential resume for details, no phone calls please.
Wage Garnishment Specialist
JPMorgan Chase & Co . (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com Corporate Human Resources plays an integral role in designing, implementing, and managing global initiatives across the firm. The functional areas within Corporate HR include global Recruiting, Training, Talent and Development, Career Management, Diversity, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations, Technology, Finance and HR Service Delivery ( HRSD). Our Human Resource professionals within these areas are among the most talented and innovative in the industry. They take a proactive approach to identifying and proposing solutions to organizational challenges, often working side by side with business managers to attract, manage and retain high-potential talent. Through a focus on continuous improvement and long-term success, Corporate HR helps refine our corporate culture, define our firm wide vision and reinforce our reputation as a world-class employer. Global Human Resources Service Delivery (HRSD) is a best-in-class, global HR Service Delivery organization of approximately 650 people, servicing the entire global population of JPMC, currently totaling over 260,000 employees worldwide, in 60 countries. In addition to ensuring our employees are paid on time, HRSD provides vital services in the area of HR Risk Management, accessHR, Workforce Analytics (Surveys) and On/Off boarding employees. Our efforts are focused on supporting the firm achieve its strategic priorities by leveraging these core principles that define the group’s culture and provide the basis for planning and decision-making in all areas: Superior Employee Experience; Operational Excellence; Efficient Global Coverage and Commitment to our People.The North American Payroll team services the North American countries with primary oversight for payroll operations including all facets of downstream support. The overall North American Payroll organization has four main work streams; Payroll Operations, Timekeeping, Case Management and US Payroll Tax & Accounting; with a regional model of U.S. employees primarily based in Delaware and a large presence in our Bangalore shared services center.Key ResponsibilitiesResponsible for processing a high volume of mail received in the Garnishment area and an authorized signer for Wage Garnishment Sworn Documents: + Open all mail received in our mail drop box + Determine if mail belongs to group or needs rerouted + Determine employees status via AnswerKey + Log mail into a MS Access Database + Prepare and scan into iGDS + Send daily mail via FedEx to ADP + Records management + Notarize Sworn Documents + Become an Authorized signer for Wage Garnishment Sworn Documents and maintain a high level of quality + Validate Sworn Documents via PeopleSoft Query and Court Orders + Interpret and make necessary correction(s) to Documents + Mail Garnishment Sworn Documents on a daily basis + Other duties as assignedOffice Hours:8:00am-5:00pm ESTQualifications
Familiarity with document management is a plus
Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
Must be able to work independently and effectively as a team member
Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Ability to manage a high volume of workflow through peak volume periods
Experience with PC skills, including MS Windows & Office Suite
Notary Public JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Payroll Garnishment Specialist
Client is looking for Garnishment Specialist to start immediately.
-High volume garnishment experience
-Ability to read, analyze, and apply court orders with little guidance
-Team player with a positive attitude
-Workday software experience is a plus
Wage Garnishment Processor
Do you want a career opportunity? Do you have experience working in the student loan or financial industry? Our client is looking for articulate office professionals for wage garnishment processor opportunities! If you want to work for a growing company that offers excellent benefits, APPY NOW!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes return mail/regular mail from related correspondence, includes opening and updating invalid and/or new forwarding information. Forwards all employer acknowledgments, hearings and miscellaneous mail to the correct workflow
• Reviews and documents all employer acknowledgments assigned
• Manages Employer Verification List to ensure database accurately reflects employer contact information with no duplicates and unidentified employers
• Completes and documents all calls on the Noble dialer system
• Processes all correspondence assigned through BI Launchpad: releases, suspends, and other related letters when requested
• Completes all non-compliant accounts assigned to ensure the employers are compliant with the order
• Performs skip tracing activities to locate correct address and phone information of employers utilizing Google, TLO, The Work Number and other related resources
• Provides customer service by responding to telephone calls, voicemails, emails, and other written correspondence
• Responds to inquiries from employers regarding administrative wage garnishments orders
• Assists in providing changes to processes to ensure the department procedure manual is updated
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Basic knowledge and skills working in a computer based office suite environment; Microsoft Windows or Mac Office
• Detail oriented
• Ability to know when to escalate problems
• Ability to prioritize work assignments
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Excellent interaction and customer service skills with the ability to anticipate, understand and manage customer expectations and consistent delivery of services
• Displays and promotes high standards of ethical conduct and behaviors consistent with organizational and government standards
• Strong positive attitude and consistent attendance
HOURS AND BENEFITS:
• Full time day hours Monday - Friday
• $15 per hour
• Long term contract position with the opportunity for Temp to Hire
• THE RIGHT STAFF offers Healthcare, Vacation and Referral bonuses
To Apply: Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. Contract assignments to full-time permanent positions, we are here to assist you!
THE RIGHT STAFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. Temporary assignments to full-time permanent positions, we are here to assist you! Let us help YOU create YOUR success!
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to complete a background check/drug test.
THE RIGHT STAFF will complete an individualized assessment of the results of the background check/drug test and the job position. Applicants will be required to successfully complete this assessment for further consideration
Payroll/ Garnishment Analyst
JOB TITLE: Payroll and Garnishment Analyst FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Salaried Exempt – To be determined
Incorporated in 1965, Barrett Business Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: BBSI) is a leading provider of business management solutions for small and medium-sized businesses. Our clients are located in 22 states and the District of Columbia, through a network of 55 branches located in California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Maryland, Delaware and North Carolina. We are seeking a Senior Payroll Operations Analyst Lead to join our team at our corporate office, located in Vancouver, Washington. BBSI reported 2015 Revenue of $741 million and the company has been growing 15 to 20% annually. The company reported 2015 diluted EPS of $3.47.
Our employees are motivated through a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, profit sharing, full benefits packages, including health/life insurance and 401(K)/profit sharing plans.
The Payroll and Garnishment Analyst is motivated by the success of BBSI’s branches and internal teams. The primary objective of the position is to provide guidance and direction to field payroll teams primarily in the area of payroll, garnishments, taxation and reporting. The primary objective is to ensure effective, compliant and efficient payroll processing for roughly 120,000 employees in partnership with field payroll teams.
This person must demonstrate solid understanding in all areas of payroll, including processing, reporting, systems, taxation of wages, wage and hour laws, time and attendance, garnishment processes, and operational best practices.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: This position reports to the Senior Payroll Operations Analyst and works in partnership with other operations positions, as well as providing direct support and accountability to field teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become an expert in BBSI payroll, timekeeping and HRIS systems and identify systems options to achieve better results for field teams and clients
- Provide guidance to roughly 200 BBSI payroll professionals located throughout the country on payroll processing, tax laws, systems issues and general troubleshooting in payroll, payroll systems, and garnishments
- Perform voids, benefit audits, payroll adjustments, stop checks, check verifications, garnishments, W-2 and W-2c administration
- End-of-day ACH/EFT/PosPay processes
- Respond to garnishment orders
- Data entry and file maintenance
- Other duties, projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Results-oriented, accountable and highly organized
- Strong client service orientation
- Stakeholder mentality
- Embracing of change
- Innately curious
- Highly ethical
- Detail oriented and quality driven
- High emotional intelligence and effective influencer and communicator
Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Minimum 7 years of payroll experience in a fast-paced, multi-state, demanding environment
- Customer service experience strongly preferred
- Systems orientated including proficiency in MS Excel
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws, garnishment laws, and taxability of wages
- Solid understanding of the payroll lifecycle, amendments, and payroll deductions
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree; CPP, FPC designation or MBA is a plus
- Extensive third-party payroll experience
Superior Group is looking for a Garnishments Coordinator for our client located in Fort Mill, SC: TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses.
Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance. TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our
Payroll Specialist / Garnishments
Contract-to-hire Opportunity in NW Phoenix Large, Stable company looking for someone to join their payroll specialist team. Ensure timely and accurate processing of the weekly payrolls, HR, garnishments, and benefit tasks.
Responsible for performing the standard updates to the employee personal and job records. Process employee's pay record including earnings, deductions, and taxes based on knowledge of company, labor contract, and state and federal labor regulations. Process benefit requests for vacation, sick, etc. accurately and ensure accruals are updated correctly. Run and work queries and reports weekly during the on-cycle and off-cycle payroll close process
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!