Assistant Site Construction Manager - Midstream Gas
Assistant Site Construction Manager - Midstream Gas
Assistant Construction Manager – Midstream Gas
Technical & Project Solutions (T&PS) – Midstream Gas Compression Program
This position will be located in central Illinois
A Southern Company affiliate based in Illinois is actively constructing a series of natural gas compressor stations. These projects are in different locations in central Illinois, are expected to last one year each, and are planned to be executed successively, one per year, until the completion of the program. This position will report to the Construction Manager (CM) and will manage the day-to-day technical and administrative activities for compressor station construction projects. This position will be responsible for all construction activities on a site and will manage a team of inspectors to ensure the projects are completed safely, on schedule, on budget, and at the level of quality defined by the design, specifications, standards, codes, and regulations.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Safety First – be a champion for safety; set expectations; lead by example. Establish and maintain a Safety First culture at the site and ensure all construction activities are planned and performed with safety as the top priority.
* Technical Planning – Assist the CM in construction planning. Develop construction work packages. Work with Project Engineer to ensure timely hand-off of engineering deliverables. Assist the CM in developing labor/services contract bid packages, supporting RFPs, performing bid evaluations, and making award recommendations.
* Technical Execution – Act as the single point of accountability for day-to-day activities on the site. Manage a team of inspectors to oversee and coordinate activities on site. Oversee contractors' safety, scope, schedule, budget, and quality. Plan and supervise project activities to ensure completion within schedule and budget requirements.
* Administrative – manage the construction change management, invoicing, document control, materials traceability, and other administrative functions for each project. Track and report on safety, scope, quantities, hours, schedule, cost, and quality metrics for each project. Assist the CM in budgeting for future projects.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Building Science, or Construction Management
* Advanced Degree preferred
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
* At least eight (8) years of experience working on large capital projects (>$25MM) in the power, oil & gas, or chemical industries, in an engineering, construction, or project management-related role
* At least five (5) years of experience working in a construction management-related role located on site on large capital projects (>$25MM) in the power, oil & gas, or chemical industries
* Experience performing construction inspections
* Experience leading a team of direct reports
* Experience assembling, bidding, and executing construction contracts
* Prior experience in upstream, midstream, or downstream natural gas project experience is preferred
Skills & Abilities:
* Strong written & verbal communication skills
* Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office – Word, Excel, Office, and PowerPoint
* Skills in the Critical Path Method and ability to work with project schedulers using Primavera P6 to build and maintain integrated project schedules
* Ability to use technology and system applications to input, extract, and report information
* Travel to multiple sites throughout the central Illinois region and to/from Naperville, IL and/or Birmingham, AL is required.
* Expected overnight travel for this position is 10%.
* Southern Company Values – Safety First, Unquestionable Trust, Superior Performance, and Total Commitment
* Customer Focus – place a high level of effort and energy building and maintaining sustainable and trusting relationships with internal customers
* People Development – commit to making time for focused coaching of team members in order to build a strong bench and develop future leaders.
* Influence – identify key stakeholders, build effective working relationships, communicate effectively, even in difficult conversations.
* Innovation – foster a culture of continuous improvement by always seeking innovative solutions to problems while championing system initiatives.
* Strategic Thinking – understand of our changing business model and leverage experiences to make wise decisions
* Business Results – achieve business objectives in the best interest of Southern Company through inspiration and motivation of the team
* Establishing temporary living arrangements in central Illinois within daily driving distance of all sites is required.
* Per diem is offered to cover duplicate living expenses.
* Some relocation assistance or per diem is available if the selected candidate currently resides outside the central Illinois area.
* Competitive Pay
* Excellent benefits packages which includes:
* Medical and dental coverage
* Defined Pension/Cash Balance Benefit Plan
* Performance-sharing plan
* 401(k) plan with a generous company match
* Bonus opportunities
* Tuition Reimbursement
Please submit an updated resume with your application.
Southern Company at http://www.southerncompany.com/ (NYSE: SO at http://investor.southerncompany.com/stockquote.cfm ) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com at http://www.southerncompany.com/ .
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Construction
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Illinois-Central Illinois-Hudson
Operating Company: Southern Company Services
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Hudson - 20487 North 1700 East Rd. (20487HudsonCODE)
20487 North 1700 East Rd.
Req ID: SCS2008367
POST JOBS FOR FREE