Gauge Operator Job Description Sample
Fine Gauge Welder
A leading electrical manufacturer is seeking an experienced Welder/Assembler to join our growing team in Bridgeport, New Jersey!
Objective: Welds and assembles various product lines within the probe department.
- Medical, Dental and vision plans after 60 days
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 18 PTO after 60 days
- 8 paid holidays
- Subsidized cafeteria food
- Free hot coffee
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to weld all junction type probes.
- Perform visual inspection of welds.
- Ability to assemble basic probe assemblies.
- Performs routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Completes required paper work such as EI’s, sketches, time sheet and etc.
- Confers with Supervision, area leaders, maintenance or others to resolve welding or assembly issues.
- Maintains acceptable levels of production according to established standards.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to interpret part numbers, sketches, and written / verbal instructions with limited supervision
- Ability to verify parts using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Stand for short periods of time.
- Able to lean and reach.
- Able to operate basic assembly and or welding equipment.
Ability to read a ruler. Ability to apply basic mathematical formulas to
convert fraction to decimal and vise versa using a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Needs to interpret written and verbal instructions including the use of rulers and or micrometers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands include ability to frequently lift 10 lbs and occasionally be able to lift up to 20 lbs, standing for short periods of time, able to lean and have dexterity to handle tools and parts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Position also requires occasionally stooping, kneeling. Need ability to hear and be aware of surrounding area. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please apply today to be one of the first people considered for this position!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!
Gauge Technician Level II
- Manufacture inspection gauges to identified customer drawings and specifications, in an accurate and timely manner
- Set up, operate and maintain all equipment used in the manufacture of gauges
- Maintain accurate records of all time and expenses incurred in the manufacture of gauges.
- Keep up with new technology, processes and equipment in order to play an active role in maintaining the company’s ability to provide gauges in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are maintained
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience required in the following areas:
- All forms of woodworking equipment
- Experience or training in CAD/CAM manufacturing systems would be beneficialQualification
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent experience in Patternmaking or related field
- 3-6 years experience in the Patternmaking industry with 1-2 years specifically in the building of gauges for the tubing industry.
This position, with the correct experience and attitude provides the associate with the potential opportunity to move into a supervisory role within a growing company.
- Excellent Learning Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Great Attitude
- Good Mechanical Aptitude
Senior Level Gauge Tech With CMM Experience And/Or Programming
Support the manufacturing operations for Gage and CMM
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains safety and good housekeeping standards for the site.
2. Working under current and approved processes (Shively and Customer).
3. Report and document non-conformances, CARs and continuous improvements.
4. Coordinate, review and present all required reports to management and customer.
5. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customer.
6. Coordinate and support all activities concerning the Zeiss CMM’s and Renishaw including programming, troubleshooting, planned maintenance, annual certifications, repairs, upgrades etc.
7. Programming the CMM to measure per drawing specifications, and reporting the results.
8. Devise and implement new programs and measurement methods that will be used to conduct quality control inspection of incoming material for conformance to specification.
9. Manage/program all communications between the gage, the CMM Reporter, Q Das and report outputs.
10. Participate in Gage Recall and Certification tracking activities.
11. Make decisions within limits of general standards or procedures.
12. Report near misses and incidents to site manager and cooperate with investigations.
13. Onsite-No Traveling
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to work with little to no supervision.
2. Good written and oral communication skills.
3. Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork.
4. Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
5. Ability to multitask.
6. Attention to detail.
7. Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of materials and tooling.
8. Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of gages and CMM’s.
9. GD&T format knowledge
10. Proficient with Zeiss Calypso and modus 1.6 Renishaw
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. 3 years of experience in similar position.
Shively Brothers offers a wealth of services and products that have led us into programs for Commodity Management, Cutting Tool Management, Cutter Grind services, Pre-Set programs, Engineering services, Cutting Tools, Abrasives, and MRO products. We have developed these products with our customers, to meet our customers ever changing needs. Our ability and willingness to embrace change is what defines the SBI winning attitude that shapes our continued success.
MIG Welder - Fitter / Light Gauge
Local leading manufacturer for 39 years in the metro area has a full-time position available for experienced production MIG welder/fitter to fabricate and prep parts for steel security doors, window well covers, window guards and railing.
o Paid holidays after 30 days
o Full benefits, including health, vision, dental and life insurance after 60 days
o Vacation after one year
o Work hours - Mon-Fri 6:30-3:00 with occasional Saturdays and overtime.
o Clean, well ventilated, table-level bench welding environment.
o Minimum of 1 year experience in light gauge MIG welding
o Ability to perform all tasks in an accurate and workmanlike manner.
o Must pass a math/measuring and welding test at time of application
o Must pass physical screening with illegal-rug test
Gauge & Display Controls System Engineer
Gauge & Display Controls System Engineer
Job Category Engineering/Technical Service
JOB SUMMARY: Polaris is seeking a Control Systems Engineer to join a growing team in RIDE COMMAND. As a Gauges & Display Control System Engineer, you will design, develop, and validate the hardware and software aspects of gauges and displays for Polaris vehicles across multiple product lines.
In most cases, the role will; define capability requirements, functional specifications, functional algorithms, as well as lead the development and validation of the display/gauge subsystem. Technical project management also required to keep key programs on track.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES : •Works with the Product Team’s electrical engineers to understand and define system level requirements, and translates into controller requirements for each project. •Interfaces with other Subject Matter Experts to ensure I/O analysis is completed and communications are defined. •Manages gauge and display validation of HW and SW including simulation and/or bench/vehicle testing, including interfacing with technicians and/or validation engineers for execution. •Interfaces with other internal Polaris Teams as needed to ensure all functionality is compatible and that sub-system validation is met. •Interfaces with other internal Polaris Teams as needed to align release schedules. •Updates Product Teams on gauge/display development schedule and production readiness status. •Familiarity with Product Development Process (PDP) stage gate development. Interacts with Product Team during PDP phases. Understands and align development to meet internal customer needs. •Provides engineering evaluations/analysis, and documentation that contributes to Peer Reviews for best practices development and adherence. •Performs calibration of vehicle controls, communications, and diagnostics as needed. •Participates in activities such as; failure investigations, root causes analysis and implementation of corrective actions, lessons learned, and consequently design standards update. •Optimizes design and manages re-use to serve multiple product lines and platform requirements in order to minimize development cycles. •Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE •B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering required •Minimum of 3 years of Electrical Engineering experience •Experience with design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication required •Experience with software and/or hardware validation efforts, other low level software verification, and related documentation required. •Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced development environment required •Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required •Experience with communication networks required, CAN and J1939 strongly preferred •Experience with gauge and/or display development preferred. •Familiarity with requirement and test case management in a requirement/software development database as well as configuration management preferred. •Experience in project management strongly preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS : Fast paced office environment with ability and interest to work in a development shop/lab environment as needed. Some travel required
CMM Programmer (3 Openings, Automated Measuring Equipment & Gauge Calibration, Pcdmis)
ABOUT US Smith & Nephew supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries in their daily efforts to improve the lives of their patients. We do this by taking a pioneering approach to the design of our advanced medical products and services, by securing wider access to our diverse technologies for more customers globally, and by enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems. We have leadership positions in: · Orthopaedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders · Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard-to-heal wounds · Sports Medicine
Pressure Gauge & Torque Calibration Technician
Pressure Gauge & Torque Calibration Technician - Philadelphia, PA Calibrate and repair measurement instruments including Torque Wrenches and Force Gages. Perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of precision equipment.
Identify and utilize appropriate manual and automated measurement procedures. Adapt existing calibration equipment, standards, and techniques to accomplish unique measurements tasks. Maintain secondary and working calibration standards.
Identify and correct measurement errors, as applicable. Prepare calibration reports and certificates. Top rated by employees and customers, company is known for a generous compensation package and competitive fringe benefits. Company paid health and wellness plans from start, competitive
Gauge Calibration Technician
Bucyrus Company is looking for self-motivated, innovative, quality focused, hands-on associates to join our Quality Team as a Gauge Calibration Tech.
If you have the following, then we would like to talk to you:
- Quality Control experience in a fast paced manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of calibrating handheld precision measuring tools (i.e. Digital Micrometers, Digital Calipers, Dial & Digital Indicators,) to NIST Standards
- Knowledge of handheld measuring gauges, lab measuring devices, blueprint reading, and metric system
- Knowledge of minor repairs for Handheld Gauges
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Inspector -Tool &Amp; Precision Gauge
Inspector -Tool & Precision Gauge Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity Provide Quality Control Inspection support while partnering with manufacturing teams and leaders. You will ensure that quality is being maintained in all factors involved in production.
Inspects tools, molds, design gauges, test stands, fixtures, templates, set-up devices, and related items for workmanship,material, completeness and conformance to drawings or other applicable specifications
Inspects product as required by the Inspection Traveler and Inspection request forms, first piece part, tool made samples, pre-production models,prototypes and other piece parts which may be used to evaluate and approve development and manufacturing processes + Works with Engineers, Designers, Tool Room and Engineering Shop personnel to facilitate fabrication and inspection techniques + Works from prints, specifications and other written or oral instructions. May be required to perform inspection work without use of design gauges, drawings, or specifications.
Requires knowledge of Tool Design,Tool Room and Engineering Shop Operations + Makes precise measurements which may involve accumulative and calculated dimensions + Sets up and operates all types of inspection instruments, including gauges and multi-axis computerized measuring machines + May program inspection computer tapes on piece parts, gauges, fixtures or other related items and loads product and capability tapes + Must be able to analyze and interpret data and performs identification and paperwork related to the task + Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19 Environment, Safety, Health and Good Housekeeping of the Collective Bargaining Agreement Must be open to working any shift 30 Perform inspections 30 Monitor and verify quality 20 Record observations 20 Conform to specifications
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School diploma + US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance + 5 years experience with shop mathematics including geometry and trigonometry + 5 years experience of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) and Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programming
- Math Degree + Ability to analyze and interpret data + Effective writing and verbal communication skills + Working knowledge of personal computers and related software + Demonstrated knowledge and experience of inspection techniques and processes + Technical degree with college course work in Calculus highly preferred Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
Job ID: req131358
Category: Integrated Supply Chain
Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status. For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster . Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy . If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged. Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.
PLEASE SUBMIT CV IN ENGLISH.
PAC Group – Gauge Engineer
Greenfield/Brownfield Automotive Facility Installation – USAPAC is interested in candidates possessing experience as Gauge Engineers. Positions available within PAC’s consulting team for candidates with 10+ years of prior experience.
- Expertise in the manufacturing of Gauging requirements for a Transmission Plant type environment
- Proficient in geometric design and tolerance (GD&T), part measurement systems and gage design.
- Full understanding of advanced quality planning techniques, including flow charts, FMEA’s, Control Plans, etc. in compliance with APQP processes and product PPAP submission and approval requirements.
- Ability to oversee the completeness of equipment, process and gauging documentation
- High level of interpersonal skills, strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to investigate quality problems and to apply sound technical judgment to develop potential solutions.
- Outstanding teamwork and leadership skills.
- Accustomed to a fast-paced environment.
- Keen troubleshooting and problem solving.
In addition to superior interpersonal skills, the candidate will also possess -
Independent Worker Integrity Attention to Detail
Engineering Management Delegation Managing Performance and Risk
- Proficiency with the full suite of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Outlook and other related software tools as required.
- Minimum Bachelor degree from related discipline(s) and 10+ years related experience.
- Candidates should have prior work experience in automotive manufacturing facilities.
- Previous overseas project assignments are viewed as a plus.
To learn more about The PAC Group visit our website at www.pacgroup.com and view our short introduction video.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!