Gear Repairer Job Description Sample
Nidec is the world's No. 1 comprehensive motor manufacturer handling "everything that spins and moves", miniature to gigantic. Nidec is a global enterprise comprised of over 300 subsidiaries/affiliates. We are a leading manufacturer of commercial motors, industrial motors, appliance motors, and controls. Our product line features a full line of high efficiency motors for industrial applications in water treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation, and for commercial applications such as pool and spa, condensers, cooling towers and large refrigeration units.
From keeping us comfortable in our homes to pumping clean water to making our cars more safe, electric motors are an indispensable part of our daily lives. At Nidec, our employees are on the forefront of developing new motor technologies. As we move deeper into the age of robotics, the impact of motors will only increase.
With over 140,000 employees stationed worldwide, Nidec continues to be a unique organization, and each location maintains its individual personality.
We are looking for talented operator to set-up gear shaping machines. You will be a part of a growing manufacturing company and will carry the primary responsibilities of:
Set-up and operate gear shaping and hobbing machines. Maintain clean and organized departments. Analyze/interpret travelers and blueprints. Line up tooling for machine production Complete all paperwork to specifications. Set-up vari-rolls for inspection. Analyze prints and requirements to determine speeds and feeds. Fill out first article sheets and the ability to perform quality checks using veniers, micrometers and Peco. Make size changes accordingly. Machines include the following: Barber Coleman & Kashifuji hobbers, Red Ring shavers and CNC hobbers (Bourn & Koch H100, Red Ring Kashifuji KN150 and Mitsubishi GC20.)
Beyond tremendous application scope in our primary markets, NDS meets motor and motion control demands of many other industries, thanks to a wealth of experience and precision focus on specialized needs. NDS product lines include AC, DC and brushless DC electric motors, electronic controls/systems, pumps, gearing, gearboxes, fans, transaxles, human machine interface products (membrane switch assemblies, graphic panel overlays), and end products.
With facilities – including over a dozen design centers – in North America, Europe, and Asia, NDS companies command market leadership through a broad base of advanced technology that delivers custom engineered solutions.
Senior Gear Designer Engineer - Aerospace And Defense
Ingenium Technologies - Torrance, CA
Additional Job Postings:http://www.ingeniumtech.com/tech_staffing/
A Senior Gear Design Engineer is needed for a class leading manufacturer of aerospace components for government and commercial applications. This division is an integral part of our engineering team delivering highly complex electromechanical, mechanical, and hydro mechanical components and systems to our Commercial sector customers. The Design Engineer devises new approaches for the engineering problems encountered.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide technical leadership to the military high lift actuation group in the area of gear design and analysis
- Develop original gear designs to meet the most challenging requirements for performance while minimizing manufacturing cost and weight
- Lead stress and fatigue analysis on gear trains to support product development and present results to customers during design reviews
- Lead process improvement efforts to automate and integrate gear mechanisms design and analysis functions
- Support design for manufacturing and lean activities to optimize designs for production
- Troubleshoot production issues and lead investigations for qualification test anomalies
- Create and review stress reports and gear drawings
- Provide mentoring for junior engineers
Required Software: ANSYS, NASTRAN, ROMAX, KISSsoft, etc.
- 10-15 years of experience in the design and analysis of compound planetary systems. Aerospace applications are preferred.
- 8 years of experience designing and analyzing gears in the aerospace industry
- Demonstrate mastery of fundamental gear design and analysis skills, including AGMA gear standards and the use of FEA.
- Capability to develop original design methods and analysis tools to enable nonconventional gear designs
- Strong mathematics and critical thinking skills
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required. Masters in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Position: Direct Hire
Travel: 20% domestic and international required
Compensation: Highly Competitive with Benefits
Employment Criteria: This position includes access or potential access to ITAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Career Opportunities: Proposal Engineer 1 (5973)Organization Unit: Liebherr Gear Technology,
Position: Proposal EngineerOrganization Unit: Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc.Department/Cost
Center Code: Gear Technology (LGT 4GA)Location:
Saline, MichiganReports to: VP
Sales FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepares quotes, purchase requisitions, orders, contracts, and PFP/RFQ responses for customers. Serves as a liaison between Liebherr U.S. sales and service staff and Liebherr factories (LVT), and North American customers on all matters regarding Liebherr gear machines, processes, technology, tools, and related automation equipment.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Essential Duties and
Prepares quotes, contracts (inclusive orders to LVT) and RFP/RFQ responses for potential customers
Prepares retool quotes, contracts (inclusive orders to LVT) and RFP/RFQ responses for potential customers, in cooperation with LVT colleagues in Retool and TB departments
Maintains all quote documentation with accurate pricing and configurations
Maintains sales demonstration tools and applications
Collaborates with sales team to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
Maintains existing and establishes new relationships with customers
Resolves customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission and values
Provides pre-sales technical assistance and product education
Provides application support for Liebherr technologies
Tool life estimates
Problem solving / troubleshooting
Other duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Working knowledge of gear nomenclature
Understanding of Liebherr gear technology (shaping, hobbing, skiving, and gear grinding; as well as gear cutting tools)
Understanding of Liebherr automation systems as they relate to gear machines
Proficient in MS Office, Camos, Verzahnanalyse, LC-Zeit and LCS-Zeit software
Ability to read technical engineering drawings and understand GD&T
Strong oral and written communication skills
Demonstrate proficiency in customer relations, and communication skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Employs analytical thinking skills
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or Associate’s Degree engineering with 3 years of experience in machining and/or gear products, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Gear Grinder (Hobbers/Shapers)
Gear Grinder (Hobbers/Shapers)
1) Sets up and operates one or more gear grinding machines to grind surfaces of splines or gear teeth, following machining instructions applying knowledge of gear grinding techniques.
2) Reads blueprint or machining instructions to define fixtures and grinding wheel to use, machine settings and gear dimensions tolerances.
3) Clamps workpiece in chuck or fixture, or presses it on arbor mounts between centers.
4) Positions secures wheel on arbor in relation to workpiece, using wrenches.
5) Moves levers or mounts gears in machine to set feed rates and rotation speeds of wheel workpiece in relation to each other.
6) Turns handwheels to feed wheel to workpiece or vice versa, and to index workpiece, and engages automatic feeding indexing device.
7) Turns valve and directs flow of coolant against wheel workpiece.
8) Sets up and operates wheel dressing device to dress true abrasive wheel.
9) Verifies conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gear measuring wires, and involute checker.
10) May compute data, like gear dimensions machine settings, applying knowledge of shop mathematics.
Aerospace Gear Process Engineer
ENGINEER-AEROSPACE (Sterling Heights)
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR. Progressive, growing, aerospace company, challenging work, great benefits including the max 401K allowed by law and unsurpassed healthcare. Overtime available. Our employees are our number one asset and we treat them that way. This is the shop you've always wanted to work at.
Aerospace Gear Company seeks EXPERIENCED gear engineer. You should be experienced in processing of Aerospace gears, assemblies, and associated tooling. GD&T, AS9100, cad/cam. 3D model experience helpful but not necessary. This is a permanent full time position. We are NOT looking for people with "some" experience or trainees. We are looking for an experienced gear processing engineer, not a design or project engineer. This means that you can review a final blueprint of an Aerospace gear and generate operational sketches to manufacture the part including heat treat, plating, and any other specifications.
Pay commensurate with experience
Must be a US citizen
Music Gear And Equipment Call Center Sales
We are seeking Musical Instrument, and Pro Audio Sales people that want to make money selling gear as part of our call center sales team. This is a commission based position. If you don't love selling this job is not for you. This is not a position in a retail store. Applicant must understand how to use and operate Musical instruments like guitars, Drums, DJ, Pro Audio, Keyboards and band instruments. Must be as comfortable with outbound calling as they are with incoming calls.
- Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
- Prospect and contact potential customers
- Reach agreed upon sales targets by the deadline
- Resolve customer inquiries and complaints
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest developments
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Familiarity with CRM platforms like Salesforce.
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Bevel Gear Technician
If you are a WORLD CLASS machinist, we want you to join our team!
Don’t miss your opportunity! Send your resume today!
• 3 -5 years Machine Tool Operation Experience
• Capable of setting up job
• Capable of inspecting work at work station
• Solid Mechanical Aptitude
• Maintain clean and safe work station
• Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
• Growing Backlog
• Competitive Hourly Rate Structure (Depending on Ability and Experience)
• Night Shift Differential
• Uniform and Safety Equipment
• Modern Equipment and Attractive Shop
• Equal Employment Opportunity
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Matching
• Profit Sharing and Bonuses
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
Competitive Rate Structure (Depending on Ability and Experience)
Modern Equipment and Attractive Shop
Equal Employment Opportunity
Profit Sharing and Bonuses
Gear Hobbing Machinist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Read and understand blueprints
Capable of basic shop math, geometry and trigonometry
Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of the machine
Maintain a clean work area
Must be safety-conscious
Must have reliable transportation.
Must have excellent oral communication and problem-solving skills.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Standing, kneeling etc. for an eight hour plus shift.
Competitive salary based on experience
Vacation days and Holiday pay
Manual Gear Grinder / Spline Grinder / Broach Grinder
Manual Spline Grinder / Gear Grinder / Broach Grinder
Experienced Machinist Required
2 + years machining experience with MANUAL Spline Grind machine
Must be able to produce components to specifications from blueprints and ensure proper dimensions of finished product and design requirements.
Proficient in the use of calipers and micrometers, Gage Blocks, etc.
Must be able to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
Ability to organize and manage multiple assignments with special attention to accuracy & detail.
MUST BE RELIABLE, Work well with others, self-motivated, team oriented and a problem solver
Strong mechanical aptitude required
Machine assembly experience a plus
We are a full service Machine and Tooling Manufacturer located in Warren, MI
Please send resume to ISI-HelpWanted@live.com
Maintenance Repairer 1
Overview The maintenance and repair individual is responsible for repairing and troubleshooting mechanical problems with the manufacturing machines. This may include, but not be limited to replacing parts and/or motors on these machines. The majority of the lifting can be done using a lift, but there are situations where an individual may manually be required to do some lifting. It is estimated that some of the motors may weigh upwards of 75 lbs. and these may be handled by hand. Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Disassembles, partially or completely, machines or parts to replace or repair defective parts, finds a faulty circuit, ect. Gets equipment back into operation. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure proper operation of equipment, both single and three phase electrical motors, wiring, fuses, circuit breakers, coils, switches, and motor control starters, overload protection. Replace heat control equipment and thermocouple. Measures, cuts, bends, threads, and installs conduits through which wires are run to outlets, panels, and boxes. Adjusts controls and instruments. Constructs or otherwise fabricates parts pieces of equipment using the lathe, milling machine, welding equipment, and other available equipment. Assists in installation of new equipment.
Follows blueprints, lubrication charts, specifications and works with inspectors, engineers, and technicians
Carries out all work necessary to ensure smooth and continuous and operation of all production and related equipment and machinery.
Performs all jobs in a safe, orderly, and clean manner
Uses safety equipment at all times and performs general housekeeping of maintenance shop
Has knowledge of handling and disposal of hazardous waste material
Performs general shut-down and start-up of equipment during plant shutdown
Engages in Research and Development activities as required, either in direct support or direct supervision
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!