General Handling Supervisor Job Description Sample
Material Handling Supervisor
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in various material handling processes from receiving, warehousing, material transfers and shipping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintain a safe working environment by setting the example and enforcing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) federal, local and company regulations, guidelines and practices.
Hires, coaches, reviews, and supervises assigned employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations that are given particular weight regarding the employment status of assigned employees.
Monitor daily, weekly and monthly shipment schedules/goals for adherence and provide continuing status of progress towards schedules and goals.
Assist the purchasing department with dates for scheduling inbound freight.
Assign the qualified employees/work group to the required duties. Monitors work and examines records for accuracy, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
Confers with supervisors of other departments to coordinate flow of materials or products and works with other departments to resolve problems.
Schedule shipments; ensure product is loaded properly and safely and that the proper documents travel with the product.
Schedule and authorize all vacation for material handling department personnel.
Promote good morale between all personnel.
Repair and replace defective company tools and equipment.
Train personnel in multiple tasks to help build a workforce that has skills in many areas.
Organizes layout of storage locations taking into consideration size, weight and related factors of items stored.
Recommends and implements new or revised procedures to improve efficiency, Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
Participates in ordering of stock items to replenishment levels.
Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
Material Handling Supervisor
Shepard Exposition Services is seeking a Material Handling Supervisor to oversee the pre-planning and on-site production of trade show material handling operations. This will include the following: advanced freight trailer coordination, creating target plans, organizing equipment coordination and delivery, producing material handling production plan and recap, creating labor calls with General Freight Foreman and submitting to Team Leader and General Foreman, managing on-site material handling operations from start to finish including advanced freight delivery and direct freight deliveries, effective and efficient management of labor according to labor targets and show needs, assisting with move-out plan and notice, managing on-site freight empty return, managing freight outbound shipments including Shepard Logistics shipments and return to warehouse, communicating with Customer Service Representatives about logistics, managing on-site claims, and interacting with customers to solve claims.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Supervise production of freight delivery and receiving at trade shows
- Place union labor calls; schedule and supervise union labor
- Maintain knowledge of union contracts, rules, and labor rates
- Meet planning and production deadlines
- Enforce safety rules and company best practices
- Follow all payroll procedures and submit payroll on time and accurately
- Ensure time cards are coded correctly for accurate job cost reporting
- Control labor expenses and minimize overtime
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 5 years of experience working on-site at show floor for a trade show general contractor; supervisory experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Shepard Exposition Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
General Manager: Grain Handling
We have an URGENT need for a General Manager with experience setting up and running a Grain Handling facility. Must have experience setting up and managing a specialty crop facility storage and processing facility handling peas, lentils and chickpeas. The ideal candidate will also have experience with domestic marketing and a book of business for peas, lentils, and chickpeas with specific accounts with domestic canners and manufacturers. The primary focus is on chickpeas. Experience setting up elevator facilities and a track record of originating and merchandising crops in Montana.
- Experience setting up and managing a specialty crop facility storage and processing facility handling peas, lentils and chickpeas.
- Experience with domestic marketing and a book of business for peas, lentils, and chickpeas with specific accounts with domestic canners and manufacturers.
- Experience setting up elevator facilities and a track record of originating and merchandising crops in Montana.
If you or anyone you know are interested and have all the qualifications, please apply with your updated resume for immediate consideration.
Material Handling Supervisor - 2Nd Shift
Established Fort Smith, Arkansas Manufacturer, is seeking an Experienced Warehouse Professional for their Material Handling Supervisor position, for this 2nd shift , State-of- the -Art Manufacturing Operation. This position will manage a 2nd Shift Material Handling Team consisting of 15-20 people in the processes of: pulling staging shipping receiving inventory storage general warehousing Responsibilities include: Supporting both internal and external customers needs, to meet corporate objectives Ensuring all financial objectives are achieved by tracking the key performance indicators within the team's responsibility Championing and coordinating projects and initiatives to ensure continuous improvement Ensuring all customer service, environmental, safety, ISO and
Supervisor Material Handling 1
Supervisor Material Handling 1
Requisition ID: 18003240
Location(s): United States-Arizona-Sierra Vista
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects?
If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects.
It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits.
We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success. Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance.
At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better. Northrop Grumman is seeking a Supervisor Material Handling 1 for our Sierra Vista location . Supervises employees who use a variety of equipment such as forklifts, conveyers, cranes, hand carts, and power trucks to move materials, parts, assemblies, and finished products or goods within a plant, office, or warehouse.
Oversees the processing, packaging, and storage of supplies, materials, and equipment. May assist in selecting appropriate containers and wrapping methods for materials to be shipped or stored. Coordinates with engineers, shippers, carton manufacturers, and carpenters for special crating and packing requirements.
Supervises employees who maintain records and check invoices/bills of lading.
AA degree & a minimum 10 years Hunter UAS supply experience.
Minimum 10 years of Hunter UAS shipping experience.
Minimum 6 years of COLT S experience . Must have active Secret Clearance . Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title:Supervisor Material Handling 1
General Manager, Assistant Manager, Supervisor
- - - MANAGEMENT INTERVIEWS - - -
Burger King is interviewing General Managers, Assistant Managers & Shift Supervisors!
Positions are available throughout the greater Louisville area!
INCLUDING: Louisville, Jeffersonville, Clarksville, Corydon, Carrollton, Crestwood, Madison, New Albany, La Grange, Sellersburg & Shepherdsville!
Carrols Corporation is one of the largest companies in the United States. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, Carrols operates more than 800 Burger king restaurants in 17 states with plans for continued growth. Join our team to take advantage of excellent benefits and advancement opportunities!
- Excellent Starting Pay
- Bonus Opportunities
- 401k with Match
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- We would love to hear from you!
- Or email resume to: BKLZ@RMCJobs.com
- Then call to schedule an appointment: 562-596-7072
The ideal management candidate will have experience as a General Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Manager, Supervisor, Leader, Shift Manager, Service Manager, Banquet Manager, Assistant Manager, Retail Manager, Store Manager, Kitchen Manager, District Manager, Area Manager, Multi-Unit Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, F&B Manager, or another Restaurant or Retail management position.
Daily management and operations manager for a chain of "The UPS Stores" located in south Mississippi/Alabama
General Maintenance Technician / Supervisor (Injection Molding)
The maintenance technician performs a variety of tasks involved in the upkeep of equipment, fixtures, and utilities, buildings, grounds and related structures.
The candidate will assist in repair and upkeep of CCP equipment by inspecting, cleaning, and making repairs or adjustments. Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic problems.
Essential Duties and
Performing assigned day-to-day facility maintenance and associated system tasks, including demand work requests, planned work tasks, and other assigned projects. Keeping management informed of the status of all work completed, in process or planned in a timely manner.
- Performing minor maintenance and repairs on injection molding equipment and tools
- Performing tasks, such as repairing, installing, replacing…etc.
- Performing troubleshooting and diagnosing problems on building systems.
(General knowledge of all building systems is necessary)
- Responsible for continuous improvement (ideas and suggestions)
- Other related duties as assigned
Adhering to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations. Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must demonstrate good judgment.
- Must have mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge.
- Will report to the maintenance manager.
Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
40 hours/week – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, 30 minute lunch (12:00 – 12:30)
Based on experience.
After 3 Months:
Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)- Company pays 75% for employee, Company pays 65% for dependents
Short-Term Disability Insurance- Company pays 100%
Life Insurance- Company pays 100%
7 Paid Holidays
Paid Vacation: 1 week after 3 months of employment, 2 weeks after 2 years, 3 weeks after 5 years.
401k after 1 year of employment.
Heavy Highway General Contractor - Traffic Supervisor
Cleveland Area Heavy Highway General Contractor Looking for a working Traffic Supervisor with experience in Maintenance of Traffic in accordance with the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT.)
Must have experience and knowledge with establishing and implementing Traffic Zones in accordance with the ODOT specifications and drawings. Must also be able to read blue prints and have a clean driver's license and also hold a current CDL.
General Ledger Accounting Supervisor
- Assist in the monthly close process including preparation of journal entries (i.e. Prepaids, health insurance, workers comp, free agent loans amortization, accruals, etc.)
- Analyze general ledger account fluctuations
- Process Fixed Asset invoices and capitalize according to the company policy
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts, research and correct issues
- Supervise GL accountants
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget
- Assist with the interim and year-end audit
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external financial statements
- Assist management with special projects
- B.A. or B.S. degree in accounting
- 5 years of progressive experience in accounting
- SAP experience a plus
- Financial reporting experience with Medium to large size companies
- CPA candidate or CPA
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be a team player with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Proficient with Excel heavy excel use with advanced formulas
- Ability to work in a flexible and fast paced environment
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!