General Ledger Bookkeeper Job Description Sample
General Ledger Bookkeeper
GENERAL LEDGER BOOKKEEPER
Our client is seeking a qualified bookkeeper to maintain accurate accounting records for a professional services office. The position will work closely with the executive team and accounting staff. Ultimately, the bookkeeper’s responsibilities are to accurately record all day to day transactions for this dynamic and growing company. The environment is creative and exciting and requires careful analysis of accounts, contracts and decision making.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are correctly recorded in the general ledger using accurate reporting of time and billing
- Manage the bank reconciliations, general ledger, commissions, and time and expense billings
- Process A/P, A/R, payroll
- Complete tax forms as needed
- Ad Hoc tasks as requested
- 5 to 10 years of general ledger bookkeeping, preferably in professional services industries
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organized, self-motivated and able to prioritize
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or economics is nice to have
- QuickBooks and Excel, required
General Ledger Accountant
Prepare and enter journal entries
Maintain, analyze and reconcile assigned GL accounts and resolve issues and discrepancies
Prepare analyses of other accounts as requested
Other projects as assigned Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices
Efficient research, planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
Excellent writing and communication skills
Quick, independent and analytical thinker Preferred Education, Experience and Licenses: * A degree in accounting (Associate or Bachelor’s), finance or business a plus
Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge of reporting tools (SQL) a plus
Proficiency in Microsoft Office We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Job Type:* Full-Time
Location:* New York, NY
Staff Accountant II - General Ledger
Description JOB DESCRIPTION Title:Staff AccountantII–General Ledger Grade Level:4 FLSA Classification:Exempt Location:Washington, DC Division:Finance, Compliance & IT Reports To:Senior Accountant – Billing, Revenue and General Ledger Date Updated:02/01/2018 ABOUT IREX IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. POSITION SUMMARY: The person filling this role will be in charge of performing a variety ofduties aimed at supporting the accountingprocess for more than 60 projects worldwide, in accordance with funder and IREX’s procedures, policies and regulations. Among other qualifications, the ideal candidate will have experience working in accounting and/or finance with mid-to-large size organizations implementing federal grants and/or contracts; specific experience inbilling, revenue and general ledger is highly desirable. S/he will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a high degree of customer service orientation, and ability to work independently and effectively across borders and cultures. S/he must have a proven record of analytical accomplishments. Proficiency in advanced MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Power Point, as well as knowledge of Costpoint or similar accounting systems is required. General Duties & RESPONSIBILITIES * Manages the reconciliation of customer payments and other miscellaneous cash receipts accurately and timely,coordinates with counterpartsand enters journal entries in Costpoint as needed.
Manages the field cash advance clearance account to correctly reflect the funds received by the Field Office in HQ accounting books.
Reconciles and analyzes Deltek Costpoint Accounts Receivableand Accounts Payablemodule balances to the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
Manages theallocation of investment interestsfor Gates Foundation projects and Gatesrelated journal entries.
Takes the lead in corporate credit card expense reconciliation by coordinating with expense reports preparers and supervising Accounting interns to process the reports in Concur and Deltek Costpoint;analyzes credit card advance accounts and follows up with counterparts to timely reconcile the related accounts.
Analyzes the Accounts Receivable, Unbilled, Deferred Revenue, and Subaward non-GA offset and credit accounts on a monthly basis.
Assists Senior Accountant in monthly financial reporting and Board Finance meeting briefing book.
Assists with monthly and quarterly funder financial reports review.
ManagesPrepaid accounts schedulesand theprepaid expense reconciliation;managesFixed Assets,Leaseand Investment schedules and records the journal entries.
Manages employee advance accounts and non-staff advance account reconciliation on a timely manner.
Assists in annual 990 Form preparation.
Assists in annual financial audit.
Assists inupdating the accounting manuals and instructions for program staff and accounting staff use.
Administrates IREX corporate credit card program.
Maintains proper accounting records and documentation.
Assists with other accounting functions when necessary. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE * BA/BS Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
Experience working with USG funded grants and/or contracts; specific experience in billingand general ledgeris highly desirable.
Ability to perform detailed work with high degree of accuracy.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with high degree of customer service orientation.
Excellent analytic skills.
Ability to work independently, prioritize work and follow through on all assignments.
Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Strong problem-solving skills, excellent time management and self-motivation.
Proficiency in MS Word, advanced Excel and Power Point applications, online databases, and collaborative technologies.
Knowledge and prior use experience with Deltek Costpoint and/or similar accounting systems is required.
Understanding of subsidiary ledgers functions and knowledge of USG LOC and Drawdown system preferred. Physical Demands:
Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (2.5-5 kg.); or minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard.
Extended period of sitting at a workstation or desk. Manual dexterity to work efficiently on a computer keyboard.
Sound perception and discrimination
Visual perception and discrimination
Oral communications ability Application Instructions Please supply a resume with your application. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE AA/EOE/M/F/D/V EOE Staff Accountant II – General Ledger 02.01.2018
Accountant General Ledger
We are seeking a strong General Ledger Accountant for our North America Shared Service Center in Indianapolis, IN. RESPONSIBILITIES: In this role, the primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to): Prepare bank reconciliations Manage inventory accounts and perform related validation activities.
Prepare general journal entries Prepare general reconciliations Prepare general month end accruals Support month end close activities Cross train with other members of the SSC GL team as required. Assist and support the Corporate GL team as necessary QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS REQUIRED AND PREFERRED: Bachelor's degree in Accounting required 5 years relevant experience Strong initiative Must have good oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and other departments Must have good organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a high-volume, fast paced environment Must be detailed and accurate Must be analytical Must be a team player Experience with NetSuite a plus About Us:
Genesys powers more than 25 billion of the worlds best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industrys #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships.
With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via http://www.genesys.com/, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog. GENESYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS. #LI-BH1Employer's Job# 28254Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
General Ledger Support Representative
Job Description: Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your software or technical support skills in a phone support environment? If so, this position may be perfect for you! Jack Henry and Associates is seeking to hire a skilled candidate for an exciting role as a General Ledger Support Representative for either our Monett, MO or Springfield, MO locations. In this role, candidates will be supporting an outbound support center where bank customers place ticket cases. Candidates pick up cases and call customer back immediately to try to resolve their case. This position will support the Jha SilverLake team where representatives will assist with software support and balancing as it pertains to various financial institutions general ledgers. Candidates will have direct interaction with customers over the phone in this software support opportunity. Jack Henry offers an amazing work environment with career advancement and excellent benefits package! MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum of 5 years working in one or more of the following areas in accounting:
General Ledger Balancing including settlement/clearing balancing
Daily/monthly reconciliations and balance verifications PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Experience with SilverLake Jack Henry software is highly preferred but not required.
Ability to be self-motivated and work independently. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Provides level one troubleshooting. Accurately assesses the bank customer's product issue or problem. Asks the user well thought out or detailed questions and carefully listens to the user's response to fully comprehend the need, product issue, and best avenue for resolving the problem.
Researches customer problems/issues to increase personal knowledge and familiarity with the supported product and to provide the highest level of support possible. Keeps current on most recent changes and/or upgrades.
Identifies and resolves application and service issues and any other questions that may arise. Answers general application questions.
Provides appropriate personnel a precise understanding of user's issues when the problem needs to be escalated to a higher level.
Monitors incoming cases and emails and resolves in accordance with Service Level Standards (SLS). Uses available support tools to assist the customer and/or recreate the issue.
Participates in training programs to continuously improve product knowledge and service skills. Equal Employment Opportunity Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. REQNUMBER: 14643-1A
General Ledger Accountant
General Ledger Accountant
salary:$24 - $26.50 per hour
date posted:Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Randstad has a job opening for a General Ledger Accountant position.
General Ledger duties
Timely payment and processing
Degree preferred or 5+ years accounting, specifically general ledger experience.
General Ledger Accountant
The General Ledger Accountant has responsibility for recording monthly activity for various assigned business units in a timely and accurate manner; collaborating with Management and other members of the Finance Department to maintain accurate financial statements; providing reports and information for external audit requirements; performing financial statement analysis, and initiating and assisting with special projects.
This job must be carried out in compliance with the Omnimax Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, Euramax policies and procedures as well as all Federal, State, and Local laws, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS (list in order):
• Record journal entries to the general ledger in a timely and accurate manner.
• Reconcile accounts monthly, proposing corrections as needed.
• Ensure that transactional activity is coded accurately
• Prepare reconciliations.
• Assist with management reporting and the annual audit and tax process.
• Assist with monthly variance explanations.
QUALIFICATIONS: The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform this job successfully. Equivalent job-related experience might be substituted for educational degree(s).
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field required
• Public experience a plus. 1-3 years total experience.
• 1-3 years experience with GL closing activities including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, periodic accruals, and accounting for fixed assets.
• Broad knowledge and experience in general and cost accounting concepts.
• Manufacturing experience preferred.
• General understanding of GAAP.
• Detailed with a strong passion for excellence.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Diligent at meeting deadlines.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general guidelines.
• Computer competency in the following:
o Excel (advanced spreadsheet skills desired)
o MS Word
o ERP system environment such as Oracle, SAP or other contemporary system preferred.
The strength of the business model is the supply of fabricated components to original equipment manufacturers, distributors, contractors and home centers throughout North America and Western Europe.
General Ledger Accountant
About Giti Tire
Giti is building its first greenfield project in North America located in Chester County. The plant will produce passenger and light truck tires for the replacement and original equipment markets. The plant will be built with a focus on maintaining a healthy balance with the environment and following Giti Tire’s green initiatives.
Chester County is an excellent location for Giti Tire, offering an extensive and efficient infrastructure network including interstate highways, rail, close proximity to airports and a major metropolitan area to support the company’s needs and growth for many years to come.
The new facility will combine manufacturing plant and distribution center with total building area estimated to be 1,800,000 square feet. The first phase of production capacity is expected to be 5 million tires annually. Giti Tire plans to further increase production capacity in response to future market demand and conditions.
The General Ledger Accountant will perform responsibilities relating to the closing process to ensure financial statements are properly recorded and presented on monthly basis. In addition, this position will analyze, reconcile and provide documentation for specific general ledger accounts.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Assist in the preparation of monthly journal entries and period-end close procedures.
- Perform detailed analysis and reporting to book major accruals and adjustments
- Perform general account reconciliations.
- Proactively recognize when additional analysis would add value and suggest such analysis to management.
- Maintain documentation to support the audit process.
- Review and advise on technical accounting issues for appropriate GAAP treatment.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure correctness and proper assignment of amounts in GL accounts.
- Review monthly activity for assigned departments and perform budget to actual analysis.
- Be detail oriented and extremely well organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with competing priorities
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, changing environment and to work under pressure, often in deadline-driven environment
- Someone who possesses excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office products, MS Excel power user
- Experience with a mainframe ERP system is required, experience with Oracle ERP preferred
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA preferred, understanding of GAAP, technical accounting
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience
- Must have manufacturing industry background
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Giti Tire offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
GITI Tire is a 100% Tobacco & Tobacco Substance Free property to include vapor and chew products.
Successful completion of a background check and drug screen will be required for employment consideration.
General Ledger Accountant
This position is responsible for the preparation, review and entering of journal entries and assisting in the preparation of the company's financial statements.
Primary Responsibilities (Includes but not limited to):
- Generate trial balances, general ledger detail and other financial reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s financial statements.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of the Management Analysis of Financial Results.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Preparing and post company journal entries.
- Prepare quarterly closing schedules.
- Perform account-balance reviews and make corrections as necessary.
- Review and analyze financial results and report the results to management.
- Close AR, AP and the General Ledger and generate monthly reports.
- Collect and prepare documentation as needed by management and as requested by the auditors.
- Review daily reports to identify posting errors and integrity issues and coordinate any necessary corrections.
- Report various financial information including but not limited to sales and gross profit, purchases, inventory, payroll, office and sales services.
- Assist in the future implementation and ongoing enhancements of the company’s ERP system.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field required.
Two or more years of related General Ledger experience required.
CPA , preferred
- An understanding of internal controls preferred.
- Experience using an automated ERP system for general ledger activities, preferably JD Edwards or Epicor.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize assigned work and meet deadlines.
- Highly proficient and intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company paid drug screen and physical required upon hire
General Ledger Accountant
Our client is looking for candidates with the following skills:
I. Position summary:
The General Ledger Accountant will be responsible for maintaining/reconciling general ledger accounts and supporting the monthly accounting close. This position will report to the Controller and work closely with the Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
· Prepares journal entries for accounts including but not limited to prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accrued liabilities, cost allocations, amortizations, and reclassifications for month-end close.
· Supports the cash management function by preparing bank reconciliations and posting cash journal entries
· Performs routine account reconciliations and maintain related support files for general ledger accounts, partnering with team members to resolve discrepancies.
· Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements.
· Prepares business property tax, and sales and use tax returns.
· Manages accounts receivables and collections
· Assist with preparation of audit requests
III. POSITION SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Job-related knowledge:
· Good understanding of the accounting close and reporting process
· Possess general knowledge of US GAAP
2. Job-related skills, including language, mathematical and reasoning (analytical) skills:
· > 3 years accounting close experience.
· Public, small/mid-size company experience preferred.
· Ability to meet scheduled deadlines.
· Attention to detail while maintaining a “big picture” view.
· Analytical skills particularly in use of accounting and financial software packages.
· Competent in using Excel and MS Word.
3. Intellectual, creative and/or communication abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Highest level of personal integrity, maturity, and business judgment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Pro-active, problem-solving nature.
- Well-organized professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment.
4. Licenses, certifications and/or degrees:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher
You always work with a strategic partner who understands your sense of urgency as well as your objectives, technical skills, and culture. Our recruiters are armed with the in-depth industry knowledge and experience to properly qualify candidates and efficiently fill positions with candidates that are an ideal match.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!