Gilroy Job Description Sample
Hvac Service Technician
A-1 Heating and Cooling, Inc. is the premier provider of HVAC services throughout the SF Bay Area. By providing quality installations and scheduled preventative maintenance, A-1 Heating and Cooling commits to providing efficient and reliable HVAC systems with years of dependable service and complete customer satisfaction. We are looking for an HVAC Service Technician to join our team! You will install, service, and repair heating and air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of Heating, Air Conditioning, Ducting, and Ventilation systems for Residential homes
- Performs repairs, overhauls and start-ups of Residential HVAC systems
- Performs Preventative Maintenance, Site Surveys, Replacement, Modifications, and Repairs
- Control wiring and high voltage
- Interprets blue prints
- Documents work by completing all paperwork on each job
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining house layout, gathering material and coordinating on-site work with customer and dispatcher
- Trouble shoot issues as they arise
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Ability to up-sell HVAC Equipment, accessories, repairs, and preventative maintenance plans (commission on all sales)
- 5 year minimum previous experience in HVAC field
- Familiarity with HVAC wiring diagrams
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Communication and customer service skills
- EPA Certified
- Nate Certified (not required, but recommended)
- Clean DMV record
- Ability to pass drug test
We specialize in all phases of Residential and Commercial Heating & Air conditioning, Rain Gutters, and Home Performance. We work with homeowners and General Contractors throughout the Bay Area and make it a point to deliver a great job every time we serve them.
A-1 Heating and Coolings mission is to provide our clients with the highest quality of service at fair and market competitive prices. Our pledge is to ensure the longevity of our company through repeat and referral business achieved by quality services. A-1 Heating and Cooling will achieve this by maintaining high levels of professionalism, honesty, and fairness with our customers, suppliers, and professional associates
Diesel Technician/Mechanic II
DescriptionWe've got the keys to a rewarding career, drive on over to Penske!Have the drive to be a part of a top service department? Want to keep the best fleet up and running?If youre happy under the hood, youre a perfect fit!
Were hiring Diesel Technicians in Gilroy, California!Click here to see what makes Penske great! As part of our company, we provide training, encouragement and growth within a team environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products.
You will gain valuable knowledge in the transportation industry and skills that will last a lifetime.What do you need to become a diesel technician/mechanic? The main function of the Penske Technician II will be to generally assist in the repair and diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components of various truck and trailer equipment at the direction of Lead Technician or Maintenance Supervisor. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision:
Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake systems, Heating/ Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive Maintenance Service. Shift expectations are:Mon-Fri 2:30pm-11pm In addition, the diesel technician will have these major responsibilities:Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for delivery.Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
Maintain work area appearance and safety
Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor. QualificationsTo succeed in this role, the technician will have the following qualifications:2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
High school diploma or equivalent required
Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
Proficiency in the use of shop tools requiredA valid drivers license is required
Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred, willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.Physical
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information.
The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.
Visit to learn more.Ready to turn wrenches? Apply for this position and start your career today.
CDL Driver A, B, C, Home Daily, Hourly Pay Plus Benefits
Booster Fuels is the leader in the on-demand gas delivery industry and is backed by top-tier venture capital investors. We are currently seeking California Commercial Driver License Drivers to work out of the San Jose, CA area. Our goal is to eliminate the gas station errand for everyone in the bay area. We are growing rapidly and need to hire an A+ team of service professionals to deliver gas to our customers. Our service professionals are at the heart of booster and we treat them better that anyone else, our company culture is based on respect. More at boosterfuels.com!
REQUIREMENTS Drivers fuel vehicles for customers throughout the Bay Area. This is a customer service-oriented position in an active work environment. Schedule is Monday-Friday and some weekends, 7am-10am start times. Home every night. 1.5X OT offered when available.
- COMMERCIAL Driver's License C, B or A
- 2 years with commercial driving license
- Tanker and Hazmat Endorsements a plus. All Booster drivers will be trained and earn these endorsements
- Must have 1 year of recent driving experience
- Must have a clean DMV record with no more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years
- Must have no more than 1 at fault traffic collision within the last 5 years
- U.S. citizen w/California license and residency
- Experience completing pre/post trip inspections
- Customer service skills
- Available 40 hour per week -- 4 days * 10 hours or 5 days * 8 hours per week (Reliable and predictable work schedule with paid holidays off)
- Culture based on respect
- Revolutionize the way gas is delivered to consumers
- Up to $22 depending on your CDL license and endorsements
- $1,000 sign-on bonus (after 90 days with company)
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision for employee
- Company stock ownership
- Based out of San Jose and serving the San Francisco Bay Area
- Home daily
- Brand new fleet vehicles
- PTO sick days
- Uniforms provided
- Training program
- Driver referral incentive pay of $500
Retail Sales Associate
We want our customers to love the products and overall experience Verizon provides. As a Verizon Retail Sales Representative, or what we like to call a Solution Specialist, you'll help us create that feeling! Utilizing your unique talents, passion for technology, and excellent customer service skills, you'll be creating the ultimate in-store experience and turn our customers into loyal Verizon fans.
- Actively listen to customers and then provide them with solutions that are exactly what they need.
- Excite customers about how new products can enhance their lives.
- Teach customers the best things about their products so they can immediately enjoy them.
- Build genuine customer relationships by earning their loyalty and trust.
- Use your passion for technology and resourcefulness to generate sales.
Now that you know what we're looking for, let's get down to the type of things you're looking for. Embark on a sales career with Verizon and you'll:
Have more control over your income.
Verizon offers a competitive salary plus commissions and other incentives. Oh, and did we mention great benefits that start day one?
Our technologies, and our customers' needs, are always evolving. You'll be at the forefront of the tech world's latest trends.
Create a path for success.
We believe in lifelong learning, and provide award-winning training also from day one. Our investment is in you and your success at Verizon.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Customer experience and/or retail sales experience.
- Experience working in a commission-based sales environment.
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Cdl-A Truck Driver - Great Pay And Routes
Heartland Express is hiring Class A CDL Truck Drivers for Over the Road (OTR), Regional, Dedicated, Team, Temperature Controlled (Refrigerated), Heavy Haul and Short Haul truck driving jobs. Heartland now offers more routes, more programs, and even better pay packages.
Heartland believes that CDL-A truck drivers should be rewarded better in our industry, and has taken a gigantic step forward to back up these commitment to ourr truck drivers. We offer a wide range of benefits! Apply today to start a great career with us!
We are seeking a Tutor to help our clients excel academically! You will provide non-classroom instruction to students on an individual or group basis. We are specifically seeking tutors who can cover Chemistry, Biology, Physics, AP Math along with other k-college subjects in the
Gilroy/Morgan Hill area.
- Manage and educate students in a non-classroom setting
- Establish academic goals and milestones with students
- Document and communicate progress reports
- Provide constructive feedback for students
- Previous experience in teaching, tutoring, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Sufficient knowledge of core educational subjects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To be considered, please click "Apply Now."
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Mechanic 1 performs preventive maintenance and makes minor repairs on equipment within the area of responsibility as needed in the safest and most effective way possible to avoid down time.Position
- Performs check-ins and minor repairs when equipment is returned to the shop.
- Assists other shop mechanics with loading and unloading of equipment as needed.
- Assists other equipment mechanics with electrical, hydraulic, and/or diesel engine repairs or maintenance of construction equipment as needed.
- Cleans, pressure washes and preps equipment for repairs.
- May primarily perform full service maintenance on small equipment, e.g., two-stroke engines, generators or diagnose simple mechanical problems on small electrics, e.g., circuit breakers.
- Maintain safe work environment and perform duties in accordance with safety standards
Education & Experience:
- 1 to 3 years of mechanic experience with diesel equipment and/or heavy construction equipment strongly preferred
- High school diploma or GED required, some trade school or equivalent training desired
- May need to provide mechanic’s tools of trade
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to work independently and be flexible regarding work assignments
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a high degree of safety-awareness
- Working knowledge of equipment design and safety requirements
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
Gear up for an exciting career!
One of the largest equipment rental companies in North America and backed by a network of more than 600 locations, Sunbelt Rentals successfully services a variety of customers - from those in the commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, and specialized service industries, to weekend do-it-yourselfers. Sunbelt extensive fleet exceeds $5.0 billion and includes general construction equipment, industrial tools, pumps and power generation equipment, trench shoring, scaffolding, remediation & restoration equipment, and more.
Specialty Divisions and Market Segment Focus:
Designed to serve distinct customer segments requiring a high level of technical expertise, Sunbelt Rentals offer a highly diversified product mix, as well as trained experts.
Climate Control Services
Tools & Equipment
Oil & Gas Services
Pile Driving Services
Pump & Power Services
Remediation and Restoration
Nurse Practitioner - Flexible Schedule
Relocation Assistance Available
Mobile Medical & Nursing, Inc was started by a nurse practitioner in 2004. Our Nurse Practitioners (NPs) have been providing services in California for the last 13 years. Our highly qualified nurse practitioners manage patients in Skilled Nursing Facilities in collaboration with physicians. We take pride in our service capabilities and in the important role we play as an integral healthcare partner.
Our nurse practitioners work independently. It is an autonomous position with a flexible schedule. Our staff collaborate services with patients, facility staff, physicians, and the patient’s family members. Our NPs may visit one or more nursing facilities.
* Effectively identifying, evaluating and acting on disease prevention and health promotion issues of long-term care residents while administering quality patient care.
* Working in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff.
* Diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic and long-term health care.
* Educating patients and/or family members about preventive care, medical issues and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
Must possess California State RN and NP licenses, Master Degree in Nursing, National Board Certification and DEA license.
- Must have a passion for working with the geriatric population
- Must be confident in taking a proactive role in the patients care
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Relocation Assistance available
Employee Choice (Full-time/Part-time/Independent Contractor).
- Base Salary:
$60-$68/hour and bi-weekly bonus; Salary is based on skill and experience.
Caviar Delivery Driver - San Francisco
Become a Courier
Earn up to $25/hr on a Flexible Schedule
- Easy Money. Deliver food in your city and earn up to $25/hour! Money is deposited into your bank account each week.
- Flexible schedule. Work as a driver on weekdays or weekends.
Or both. Experience the freedom of working whenever you want.
- What is Caviar? Caviar is a service that provides food delivery from local restaurants to homes and offices. Founded in 2012, Caviar has helped thousands of people earn income as bike couriers and drivers.
- How do I get paid? Couriers are compensated for each successful delivery with a task-based fee. Money is deposited into your bank account each week.
- Who can become a Caviar Courier? Anyone with a vehicle (car, truck, bike, scooter, or motorcycle) and a customer-service mentality is eligible.
You must be 18 years or older with a smartphone to use our mobile driver app. Drivers must have 2 years of driving experience. Other applicants have previously been delivery drivers, Uber drivers, Postmates, bike couriers, Lyft drivers, or store associates.
- What is the time commitment? You have the flexibility to choose your own delivery hours!
Caviar is typically busy during the lunch and dinner delivery shifts, open 7 days a week from 8am-11:30pm. The more you work as a driver, the more you'll earn.
- How does the application process work? A Caviar representative will contact you after receiving your application.
The process includes an interview and an in-person session. You may be subject to a background check following your interview or after you have received a conditional offer, in compliance with local law. After you and Caviar have agreed to the Courier Terms and Conditions, you can make yourself available to deliver for Caviar. You'll be out on the road and delivering in no time!
- Is Caviar in my city or town? Caviar is expanding its delivery service into new markets very rapidly.
We are currently in more than a dozen metropolitan cities across the United States. If Caviar is not in your area yet, please continue to check back.
Other successful couriers with Caviar have also worked with Uber, Lyft, Doordash, Postmates, and other food delivery, rideshare, courier, driver, delivery, or cab jobs!
This is an opportunity for an independent contractor courier. Couriers who deliver with Caviar are subject to a background check.
lunch BACH_a33d1a You
Truck Driver, Class B/ Local / Home Daily / 4 Day Workweek / Weekends
RYDER is HIRING FULL TIME CLASS B DRIVERS
in Gilroy, CA!
About the position:
Solo Class B Driving Position
Endorsements: Must have Air Brakes
Great Pay: Hourly $18.79 + OT
Scheduled: Tue-Fri, Home Daily
Dispatch Time: 5:00AM
Equipment: Straight truck
Touch freight - driver unloads at customer site
Safety Boot Allowance:$100
Uniforms:Provided by Ryder,maintained by driver
Full Benefits:Medical, Dental,Vision, 401k & much more!
Time Off:Paid VacationPersonal DaysHoliday Pay
Paid Every Friday
Direct Deposit Available
- Great Company! Ryder Ranks 62nd out of 500 of the Best Employers (Forbes Magazine) AND Ranked 3rd in the Transportation/Logistics Industry (Fortune Magazine)
- Stability: Ryder has been in business since 1933 & employs over 8,000 drivers nation-wide!
- Benefits: Full, Comprehensive Benefit Package. Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Program & much more!
- Ryder Maintenance: Issues while on the road? Ryder has over 800 Maintenance Facilities across the country. 24 hour, 7 day Road Side Assistance Program
Safety is a priority at Ryder! Qualified candidates cannot have more than a combination of 2 tickets/accidents in the last 2 years OR more than 2 accidents in the past 3 years.
Please note: In order to be considered for employment with Ryder as a Class B Driver - you must meet one of the experience levels listed below. This experience must be verifiable & the driving experience must be as a Class A driver; or in a Straight truck or similar equipment:
- 12 months experience within the past 3 years, OR
- 2 years' experience within the last 5 years, OR
- 5 years' experience within the last 10 years
Ryder drivers earn excellent money, get paid weekly and enjoy a great benefits package which includes medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance, 401(k), discount employee stock purchase program, credit union and much more. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we invite you to apply today.
Minimum 22 years of age
Pass a Ryder Drug Test
Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Pass a DOT physical
Pass a Ryder road test
Provide appropriate CDL and endorsements for the position
Must have Class A or Class B verifiable experience in appropriate vehicle(s):
12 months experience within the past 3 years, OR
2 years' experience within the last 5 years, OR
5 years' experience within the last 10 years
Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- This position is primarily responsible for safely driving a commercial vehicle and requires compliance with safety & DOT Regulations, continuous training and customer service
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards
- Maintaining accurate records and logs Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Other tasks as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Regular - Full Time (4)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!