Glass Bender Job Description Sample
Sheet Bender / Plate Bender
Job Description: Perform all functions of tube bending ensuring safety, quality, and productivity.
Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive
• Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment to bend structural metal pipe, tube, bar, etc. to specifications.
• Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions without supervision.
• Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures.
• Develop layouts from drawings, samples or instructions.
• Select all tools, dies, and plane gauge requirements.
• Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment.
• Inspect end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy maintain and operate tube bending equipment.
• Identify, properly tag and remove non-conforming materials.
• Complete all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
• Perform first article runs and communicate recommendations as appropriate.
• Operate hoist, cart caddy, fork lift, and manual pallet jack.
• Communicate with other departments as necessary.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Skills/
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• A minimum of one year experience in manufacturing.
• Knowledge of bending equipment and ability to adjust and solve problems as needed.
• Ability to operate and/or read a tape measure, calipers, protractors blueprints and process sheets.
Fork lift certified.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
Effective and professional communication skills-verbal and written.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. • Detailed oriented and ability to multitask.
• Time management skills, prioritize responsibilities.
• Ability to handle stressful situations such as heavy/varying workload and order accuracy.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Work in a fast-paced-team environment, flexibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
• This position is very active and requires standing and walking for 10 hours/day.
• Bend/kneel, stoop/crouch, twist/turn, grasp/reach overhead and outward frequently.
The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs. frequently.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing & vision protection, steel-toes shoes and appropriate protective clothing.
Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Manual Tube Bender
StreamlineHR is hiring for skilled Pipefitters that have experience performing Tube Bending (Manually) in the Ann Arbor and Jackson areas. Top pay and benefits available. Long-term opportunity w/the potential for direct hire.
Apply today at; email@example.com
Tube Bender And General Change Over Technician
Universal Tube is a leading manufacturer and supplier of metal tubular components for the automotive industry. Currently, we are looking for a tube bender and general change over technician. Universal Tube provides a great opportunity for hard-working and focused individuals.
In order to be considered for this position, all applications MUST be completed in person at:
2607 Bond Street
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Tube bender and general change over technician
- Program and change over CNC tube bending and mechanical end forming equipment
- Program, Operate, and Change over CNC Tube benders ( we use KCINS benders)
- Setup and troubleshoot bend tooling for prototype, low, and high volume bent tubes
- Layout parts to meet blueprint specifications using calipers, micrometers, full-scale prints, , and other quality equipment.
- Set up and change over secondary tools (end forming, lock up presses, bend fixtures etc.) as needed
Knowledge or Skills Required
- Experience programming and operating CNC tube bending equipment -Required
- Ability to read blueprints and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Basic understanding of CAD systems
Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to utilize standard inspection tools to verify parts meet print specifications - functional gaging
- Ability to work in high pressure situations under normal to tight deadlines
- Basic computer skills
Competitive compensation plans, based on experience
Extremely clean facility with 5S and lean culture
CNC Tube Bender Set-Up
Set-up and operation of multi-axis CNC Tube Bending machinery.
We offer great pay and excellent benefits for our employees.
Coordinate with expeditors, production coordinators and all relevant parties to ensure work orders are expediently carried out and fulfilled
Ensure all tube assemblies are properly prepared for tube bending by executing preliminary inspection of raw tubes
Move large, delicate tube assemblies to and from bending areas
Set-up and operation of CNC rotary draw bending machines while conforming to aerospace tolerances
Ensure all tube assemblies meet strict quality and compliance standards
- Coordinate movement of in process and finished assemblies between work areas
High school diploma or GED + 3 years of tube bending experience Preferred Skills and Experience:
Experience working with Inconel, Titanium, Aluminum and Stainless Steel tubes
Set up, operation and troubleshooting expiring on Pine or Eaton Leonard; tube bending machines
- Well versed in manufacture of complex aerospace tube assemblies Additional
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
Must be able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces ITAR
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here. SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000. Job Location Hawthorne, CA, United States
Machinist - Tube Bender
Independently sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate stainless steel high vacuum components.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of machining practices, measurement and evaluation skills, and tooling applications.
- Complete machine setups on a wide variety of specialized and production equipment. Generate first article/first piece product for inspection. Make required adjustments to equipment or programming to maintain compliance with quality standards.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, CNC.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required where applicable.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications as well as within the required tolerance +/- .002 to .005.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data where applicable.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Use, knowledge of measuring tools (dial calipers, ID gauge, threat gauges, height gauges, etc).
- Collaborates with engineers, production personnel, programmers, maintenance or others to resolve machining problems.
- May provide training to other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to operate a diarco bender
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with team members.
- Ability to take direction from supervisor.
- Ability to keep required job schedules.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Machining background
- Journey level program certificate
- 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Tube Bender Specific:
o Meeting all customer bent tube requirements o Minimize downtime and improve efficiency
o Identifying and resolving in a timely manner all tube bender related issues including the following:
Williams-Bayer Industries offers a vast array of CNC Tube Bending, CNC Tube Cut Off, Catalytic Converter Can Shells, Metal Fabricating, Welding, Staking, Vision Inspection and Assembly Processes. Our goal is simple; i.e. to supply our customers with competitively priced components and/or assemblies that are defect free and meet or exceed their expectations.
Bender Operator (1St Shift)
9783BR Title Bender Operator (1st shift)
Hourly Pay Grade 5
Job Description Perform manual duties associated with manufacture of component parts for recreational vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to:
Laser Cell, Bender Cell, Secondary Cell and operation of various types of fabrication equipment (saws, presses, drills, etc.) ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: • Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations. • Maintain a pristine, neat, clean and orderly work area. • Complete and pass Safety training and required company provided training prior to operating equipment/machinery. • Perform duties assigned by supervisor in department assigned. • Use of essential tools including electric, manual and air tools. • Use of essential measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, etc. • Safe operation of all machines/equipment essential in performing duties assigned. • Accurately complete paperwork required for production records, including labor reporting, SPC charts, scrap tags, production logs, etc. • Operators will be required to perform basic set-up operations and ensure part quality. • Participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives. • Perform special projects as assigned • Utilize overhead crane and or forklift – training will be provided • Operators must be able to work overtime with little to no notice to support the needs of the business. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE: • HS diploma or equivalent • One year of experience in a manufacturing fabrication environment • Strong mechanical aptitude required • CNC (Machine Controls) experience desired • Work well in a team environment and independently • Ability to read and understand routings, drawings and production reports • Ability to count accurately and follow instructions • Ability to work overtime and weekends, as production schedules require
Location US - Huntsville, AL
Education Requirements High School / GED
Years of Experience Required
About Polaris Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don’t just create products — they are part of a lifestyle.
It’s the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years.
With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles.
Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information. Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance? Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tube Bender Mock-Up
Tube Bender Mock-Up
Description Business Name: Bell Helicopter Textron Function/Program:
Manufacturing Work performed: Performs mock up and installation of all tubing, plumbing and hydraulic lines for experimental aircraft working from sketches, prints or verbal orders. Performs mock up and lay out work involving tubing and other lines on production aircraft necessitated by Engineering or other changes.
Lays out production samples so that standard equipment can be used in most efficient manner. Bends and forms tubing of all sizes, types, shapes and forms using any type of tube bending equipment and maintains specified dimensions. May be required to do some assembly operations incidental to the mock up work such as locating and installing brackets, holding fixtures, clamps, etc., to facilitate installation of above lines.
Tools and equipment used: Tube bending and beading equipment, testing equipment, measuring instruments and a variety of hand tools.
Qualifications Experience and other requirements: Three years experience in the field of aircraft plumbing, hydraulics, and tube bending. Textron is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Req ID: 261078
Pipe And Tube Bender Set-Up Technician
TUBE BENDING SET-UP TECHNICIANS NEEDED: Local, growing tube fabrication company seeking experienced and motivated machine operators!
Tube bender set-up technicians are responsible to set up tube bending machines in order to efficiently produce quality bent tube products according to specifications and to perform all functions of pipe and tube bending ensuring safety, quality and productivity.
- Understand and proficiently use the machine software and settings
- Select all tooling required for job
- Set-up machine and bend tooling to achieve acceptable part quality
- Set-up and run jobs in the estimated time frame
- Monitor machine activity to ensure proper operation and prevent damage to the machine
- Troubleshoot any production problems
- Inspect the end product to ensure accuracy and complete proper inspection documents
- Perform regular maintenance to machine
- Continually look for ways to improve production efficiency
- Communicate with other departments as necessary
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED required
- At least 1-2 years of machine setup and operation experience required (experience does not need to be with tube bending machines, tube bending training will be provided)
- Ability to learn software application(s)
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Detailed oriented
- Logical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read prints
- Proficient in use of inspection equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team driven environment
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!