Glass Blowing Lathe Operator Job Description Sample
CNC Lathe Operator
Excellent Direct Hire opportunity for a CNC Lathe Operator in the Dayton, OH area!
- Setup and operate CNC lathes to produce parts to the customer’s and company’s specifications
- Read and comprehend blueprints in accordance with GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) standards
- Dry-run new programs, complete first article inspections, and inspect all parts in accordance with a quality plan
- Follow job travelers and setup procedures to maintain efficient and cost-effective operating procedures
- Load material in machines with proper orientation in a safe manner according to company operating procedures
- Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers to inspect machined parts for conformance to drawings and specifications
- Use company in-process inspection plan to detect defective features in a cost-effective manner
- Setup and perform related operations such as milling, drilling, and deburring
- Monitor tool wear and replace as necessary
- Accurately complete applicable job travelers and inspection reports
- Operate machines in a safe manner at all times, according to machine manufacturer and company procedures
- Keep area clean and orderly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience operating CNC lathes
- Experience with Mazak machines and controls is a plus
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledgeable of basic G&M codes, and ability to read and edit G code programming
- Ability to gather, inspect, and install proper tooling, cutting inserts and work holding devices according to company setup instructions
- Ability to identify and adjust proper machine offsets
- Ability to proficiently use precision measuring instruments and industry standard gaging, such as micrometers and calipers
- Ability to multitask; perform, monitor, and inspect multiple processes simultaneously.
- Ability to independently identify and troubleshoot undesirable machine outputs including, but not limited to nonconformances, chatter, and excessive tool wear
- Ability to read and interpret drawings with standard geometric dimensioning and tolerancing symbols
- Basic understanding of fractions and decimal equivalents, with the ability to perform mental math
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and how to use them in a safe manner
- Reading comprehension; understanding written policies, best practices, and work instructions
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to see up close and have accurate depth perception
CNC Lathe Operator - 1St Shift
- Maintain the highest level of quality control per ISO standards
- Troubleshoot machine and tooling problems to keep scrap and rework to a minimum
- Perform inspections with required tools per the IPI
- Set up and operate conventional, special purpose and numerical control machines and machining centers
- Study prints, sketches and drawing, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished piecework
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed coolant flow, and depth of angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve , input, or editcomputerized machine control media as required
- Adjust the machines to the speed
- Change tools as required or directed
- Communicate problems to the shift supervisor and/or machinists from other shifts
- Record job issues on the Production Control form
- Complete Job Cards daily for all work performed
- Perform program off sets as required
- Maintain and secure work tools per our tool requirements
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on machinery
- Clean and maintain work area
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use when applicable
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certificate or Degree from a trade school a plus
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and routing
- Knowledge of Geometric tolerances
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) require programming knowledge
- Job setting experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs frequently
Turret Lathe Operator C
Set up and operate turret lathe to perform simple and routine lathe operations on a variety of production parts comprised of various types and forms of material.
Follow detailed instructions, prescribed procedures, drawings and operation sheets, specifications and other written or oral instructions.
Set up simple-routine jobs without direct assistance, properly nesting work in chuck to obtain squareness and parallelism of subsequent bores and faces.
On set-ups that are more involved, receive assistance and instruction.
Perform rough and finish drilling, facing, boring, counterboring and similar lathe operations confined to established machining procedures that are usually routine or repetitive in nature.
Maintain close tolerances where dimensional requirements are incorporated in tooling.
Set and maintain feeds and speeds as prescribed.
Check work visually and with precision measuring instruments and record data manually or electronically as required.
Remove and replace dull or defective tools and make minor machine adjustments to maintain specifications and quality of work.
Block, clamp, and shim to hold and align work piece and prevent springing, distortion or breakage.
Perform similar or related operations as directed by working leader or supervision.
Perform other related work of a comparable or lower skill level, including deburring, polishing and part marking.
Refer questionable conditions or recurring difficulties to working leader or supervision.
Perform operator checklist as required and comply with all EH&S procedures.
As required segregate waste material and follow good housekeeping practices.
May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills.
Requires knowledge of decimals and fractions and ability to work from complicated drawings and operation sheets. Use micrometer, scale, calipers, dial indicator, fixed gauges, etc.
Also requires some knowledge of vertical turret lathe operations and tools. Equivalent to special machine shop training course.
Experience: Over one (1) year
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Glass Operator - Union City TN
Location: Union City, Tennessee
- Union City Shower Door manufacturing facility is seeking a Glass Operator to join its team. This opportunity offers an individual an exciting experience with a dynamic team based environment. This is an opportunity to gain valuable experience and knowledge in all facets of manufacturing.
High School Diploma or GED
2+ years of experience in a manufacturing facility is also required
Ability to set up equipment to precise dimensions
Frequent lifting of product is required in this role
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels within the organization
Strong team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com.
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
CNC Lathe Operator
Our client is primarily seeking candidates with CNC lathe experience, interested in night shift but will accept non-lathe experience as well.
This position is responsible for setting up and operating various types and sizes of production machine tools in the machining of forgings or stock to customer requirements and specifications using a variety of cutting tools. Position must be able to use hand tools, measuring instruments, and gauges to insure proper setups and machining operations.
- Completion of production Machine Operator Training Program, or 3-5 years of previous machinist experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and resolve difficult problems effectively and implement long term solutions
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Position responsibilities include:
- Receives work instructions, operation sheets, setup sheets, 1st piece, in-process check sheets, from department supervision.
- Sets up production machine units of various types and sizes by inserting necessary tooling, fixtures, etc.
- Reads and interprets dimensions drawings, sketches, tool setup sheets and manufacturing instructions in performing required machining operation and setups.
- Operates various types of production machine in the machining of forgings made from various types of metal.
- Loads and unloads pieces manually or with hoist. Sets feeds and speed on machine from manufacturing instruction sheets. Applies coolant lubricant and changes worn or damaged tools as required.
- Uses precision or standard measuring devices such as scales inside and outside micrometers, dial indicators, Vernier scales, fixed frame gauges or special gauges, profile meters, etc. to check machined dimensions and surface finishes conforming to customer prints and/or specifications.
- Other activities as assigned by management.
CNC Lathe Operator
Our client is primarily seeking candidates with CNC lathe experience.
The Machine Operator is responsible for producing machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies in a fast paced machine shop environment.
Position responsibilities include:
- Work with CNC lathes to produce metallic components, sizes range from 2 inch diameter/short length to 20 inch diameter/long length
- Use instrumentation and gauges, along with shop tools to verify operational drawing requirements and part conformance
- Read and understand basic technical drawings to produce parts that meet specifications
- Adjust machine offsets to ensure part conformance
- Index cutting tools to ensure proper edge
- Responsible for maintaining lot traceability and accountability
- Measure and document dimensions during operations
- Willingness and commitment to teach and to help improve skill sets in others
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Follow company process and procedures to comply with ISO and AS9100 standards
- Responsible for general shop standards and housekeeping items
- High-school diploma
- Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job
- Adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands, able to deal with frequent change, delays, and unexpected events
- Ability to communicate and work with all levels of staff in various departments
- Needs to be hardworking and detailed-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings
CNC Swiss Lathe Programmer - Operator
Careersthat Change Lives
Medtronic Engineering Development Services (EDS),located in Fridley, MN, is looking for a CNC Swiss Lathe Operator/Programmer. Theperson hired for this role will work in a small team environment and will beresponsible for programming, setting-up and running of low volume Swiss Latheturned components.
This is an entry-level skill position that will leadinto a highly skilled technical role after gaining additional Swiss Latheskill, knowledge and guidance from other team members in a team environment.
A Dayin the Life
Responsibilities mayinclude the following and other duties may be assigned.
Setting-up and running of short runCNC Swiss lathe components by analyzing blueprints, CAD models, sketches andengineering or component specifications.
Use of a variety of toolmakers handtools and precision measuring instruments to compute dimensions and determinebest methods of turning, material or parts required.
Performs precision work to exactingtolerances and dimensions.
Expectation of high communication regardingproject status, efficiency barriers, project completion dates
Swiss turned components can be fromsimple to very complex.
Can work closely with Inspectiondepartment for in-process quality and dimensional accuracy.
Often working with up to two Swisslathes simultaneously.
Demonstrates highly effectiveproblem-solving skills.
Demonstrates a strong desire forlearning and advancing individual skill-set.
Demonstrates excellent dailyteamworking characteristics.
Monitors and verifies quality and daily safetypractices according to Medtronic standards.
MustHave: Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience and mayrequire vocational or technical education or certification in addition to priorwork experience
Nice to Have
Proven knowledge of G& M Codes
Manual Swiss latheprogramming skills
Tsugami and Star CNCSwiss lathe experience
Experience usingturning software for programming
Experience turning awide variety of materials: SST, Copper, Delrin
Basic tool grindingskills
Capable of holdingtolerances of +/- .0002" on diameters
Problem solving skills
Experience using avariety of work instruction methods, CAD models, sketch, verbal, standard print
Experience turningmedical components
Experience working onteams
Demonstrated organizational skills
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CNC Lathe Operator
Press Room Equipment is looking for a talented CNC Lathe Operator to join our team! Located in Springfield, Press Room has provided the best value in press feeding and coil handling equipment for over 40 years! Using the best manufacturing technology, Press Room fabricates, machines, wires and assembles all equipment in our own facilities.
Our CNC Lathe Operator will prepare and operate a CNC lathe, translating instructions into computer commands so the machine can perform the correct functions. They need to understand the task at hand, and be able to read blueprints, mechanical drawings, etc.
If you have CNC Lathe experience and a keen eye for detail this may be the role for you!
The successful candidate for this position will be able to:
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
Set up their assigned machine to complete the specified jobs.
Change and accurately measure tooling in the machine.
Adjust offsets to produce a good part.
Keep work area and machines clean and organized.
Ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 lbs, and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
Perform other duties, as assigned.
Interested? Here's what we would like to see:
High School Diploma or GED, Required.
1-3 years CNC Lathe experience and/or training.
Highest degree of honesty and integrity.
Strong communication skills, with the ability to work well within a team.
Ability to recognize problems and correct issues.
Understanding and ability to apply standard machinist measuring tools.
Press Room Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lathe Machine Operator
Acme Brick (a Berkshire Hathaway Company) is an organization of professionals in the manufacturing and building material distribution industry. We manufacture brick and distribute our own brick as well as brick and associated products manufactured by others. We operate in 15 states with a philosophy that we are much more than a brick manufacturer and distributor.
Set up, operate, and tend lathe/turning machines to face metal rolls. Use either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
Monitors processes, materials, or surroundings
Reviews information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems
Handles and moves objects
Use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
Performs physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
Visualization -- The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
Written Comprehension -- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Information Ordering -- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Control Precision -- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
Static Strength -- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
Production and Processing -- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CNC Lathe Set-Up & Operator - 2Nd Shift
Description & Responsibilities
Study blueprints and shop orders to prepare for the set-up and operation of machines to produce of appropriate parts in size and quantity.
Document all aspects of production, including size, quantity, and quality of work, as well as document set-ups and tooling used.
Completes SPC charts, as required.
Perform set-ups for the production of various parts on several machines:
Mori Seiki NL2500
Mori Seiki NT4250
Mori Seiki MV-40
Mori Seiki DL-25
Eurotech B465-Y2 (2 of these)
Select proper fixtures and tooling.
Operate/produce various products on the machines listed above.
Load materials into the machine and remove machined parts from a bin into a storage basket/pallet or inspect the part.
Visually check parts and verify print dimensions using gauges or other measuring devices, as required.
Troubleshoot and make adjustments to the machining process.
Perform maintenance and material handling on the various machines.
Must be able to set-up and operate all equipment within the GT710 classification.
Must be able to read blueprints and shop orders.
Must be able to use precision measuring instruments and make corrections to machining, if errors exist.
Must be able to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations at a high school level, including use of fractions and decimals.
Must have received a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent certificate.
Must be able to communicate/take instruction effectively in written format and work in a cooperative manner to support a team environment.
Must understand and follow all rules of safety as defined by the employer and required by all applicable regulations.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!