Glass Checker Job Description Sample
CNC Programmer - Checker
- Primary responsibility will be checking CNC programs to detail blueprints for accuracy. Also, successful candidate may be required to generate CNC programs on an as-needed basis.
- Working knowledge of structural steel blueprints.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Peddimat helpful, training may be provided.
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Experience identifying drawing deficiencies, omissions, or other errors and able to recommend corrective action.
- Ability to work under general direction and provide precise feed back to correct programming errors.
- Capable of producing accurate results while working in a dynamic environment balancing multiple schedule-critical deadlines.
- Ability to interact with Production and Project Management to produce necessary RFI's.
Checker - Part Time Position Sunday 10Am -- 4Pm, Monday, Thursday & Friday 1Pm- 7Pm.
Part time position Sunday 10am -- 4pm, Monday, Thursday & Friday 1pm- 7pm.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Checker is responsible for verifying selected outbound orders for accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Check each order as instructed prior to it being loaded for delivery
* Check for accuracy of pack size, label, splits or cases by using invoice copy.
* Report all errors to immediate supervisor.
* Check for clean, undamaged product.
* Comply with safety policies and procedures.
* Wear required personal protective equipment.
* Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively to clients, customers or employees. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be conscientious, diplomatic, and detail-oriented. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations (e.g., customer complaints, time pressures). Walkie and/or rider pallet jack skills. Experience with forklift operation or other power equipment preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS:
Rider pallet jack certification
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Maines broadline distribution is the ideal foodservice solution for single-unit and regional chain restaurants, educational and healthcare institutions, convenience stores, country clubs, camps, and more. The Maines broadline distribution center serves businesses throughout the Northeast – from Upstate New York to Northern Pennsylvania and beyond.
As a Maines customer, you'll work closely with a highly trained Maines Account Manager, customizing a foodservice plan based upon your unique needs. Your Account Manager alerts you of the latest product information, availability, and pricing and makes bottom-line boosting recommendations. We share your spirit of unrelenting excellence and have the resources and experience to help bring your foodservice operation to the next level.
At Maines, we view our relationship with you as a partnership. We’re 100% committed to your success. Stand out from the competition with high-quality, consistent food service products.
QC Random Checker
Headquartered in Singapore, Giti Tire is a global tire company, fully integrated across R&D, manufacturing, and distribution serving consumers in over 130 countries around the world. The Giti Tire Manufacturing (USA) , Ltd. is proud to be the first North American plant and will produce passenger and light truck tires for the replacement and original equipment markets.
QC Random Check is responsible for the review, development and performing internal audits and reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include focusing on operational processes.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Perform activities that involve issuing reports, conducting product quality audits, issuing and dispositioning product holds, maintaining and interpreting product, process and material specifications related to maintaining and improving the product quality within the manufacturing process.
- Performs Quality sampling throughout the facility to ensure conforming product.
- Support the creation and maintenance of product and process Standards/Technical specifications to insure compliance with requirements. Audit for compliance
- Learn and apply all relevant safety requirements applicable to personal behaviors and process standards.
- Effectively communicate relevant standards/technical information with all levels in the plant organization, both inside and outside the function.
- Develop the ability to tailor the communications appropriately for various audiences.
- Participate in teams working to improve performance using standard Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Perform layered process audits, update databases as requested.
- Work experience in more than one manufacturing plant preferred
- Work experience in multiple functions at the plant is preferred
- Performed technical work in plant recently (within 10 years).
- Detailed knowledge of how work is accomplished in a plant.
- Good interpersonal skills. Understanding of products & processes.
- Knowledge of corporate functional relationships.
- Ability to organize, coordinate & communicate information in area of expertise.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED. Prefer Associates degree in Chemistry or laboratory science; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 1 year work experience
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to learn quickly and to apply knowledge on practical problem solving
Our family-owned company started in 1951 making bicycle tires and inner tubes in Indonesia. In 1981, the company began making passenger and commercial tires. In 1993, we opened our first tire plant in China and have grown to seven tire plants in China, making 140,700 tires a day and employing 19,000. We also own almost 50 percent of Gajah Tunggal tire company in Indonesia. The combined output of the Chinese and Indonesian plants makes Giti the 10th largest tire company by production volume.
We are currently seeking individuals to become an integral part of our team! Experience is helpful but not required.
- Welcome and identify customer needs
- Explain products and services to customers
- Monitor inventory to ensure product is in stock
- Enter and process customer orders
- Previous experience in sales or customer service is not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The freight checker has the primary responsibility of maintaining accurate inventory levels and ensuring the highest quality for all scheduled shipments to our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles records of amount, kind, and condition of cargo loaded on or unloaded from ship.
- Verifies amount of cargo against lists compiled from bills of lading or shipping manifests.
- Records condition of damaged cargo unloaded from ship.
- May prepare stowage plan showing location of cargo stowed.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; and uses equipment and materials properly.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of RF Scanning Systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and solve problems immediately.
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits the ability to work well with others and maintain organization between cross-related departments.
- Displays the ability to multitask and handle multiple issues at the same time without stress.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions with supervision.
- Manage own time effectively to maximize performance and execution.
Marcal firmly believes that strong customer relationships are essential for long-term success, and is committed to understanding our customers needs and ensuring that we satisfy them. We support the principles of quality and service with the most accessible and responsive sales team in the business.
For more than 60 years, Marcal's manufacturing facilities have produced a wide range of paper solutions with a commitment to stewardship of our environment. The company developed and implemented technology for recycling waste paper into pulp over six decades ago, making it one of the earliest companies in the paper products industry to go green, before it was fashionable. Today, we offer a broad line of 100% recycled bath tissue, paper towels, napkins and facial tissue for both home and commercial use, all manufactured without chlorine bleaching, fragrances or dyes. The company uses more than 200,000 tons of recyclable paper each year in its manufacturing process, and since 2000, has saved nearly 2.4 million trees annually. In 2009, we received the Corporate Citizen Award from the Reeves-Reed Arboretum for our paper recycling efforts and advocacy, and continue to be recognized throughout the industry for our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Service Checker P/T
Do you enjoy chatting with different Customers every day? H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while making our Customers feel welcome. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Checker, you will get to know our Customers, and treat them to excellent service and community spirit. As a reward for your efforts, we offer lots of opportunities, great pay, flexible hours, fantastic benefits, and the training and education you need to learn, grow, and move your career forward.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... excellent customer service skills and a desire to serve?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... willingness to go above and beyond to help your Customers and your work Team?
We are looking for:
an ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping focused on the Customer
dependability and attention to detail
What is the work?
Provides superior customer service; looks for ways to go above and beyond what our Customers expect
Answers product-related questions for customers, and offers additional or alternative products and services
Processes customer transactions of goods and services
Collects cash, check, or charge payment from customer and makes change for cash transactions
Uses electronic scanner to record prices
Weighs items, bags merchandise, and redeems food stamps and promotional coupons
Monitors and manages potential front-end shrink
Performs the duties of Customer Service Assistant frequently
What is your background?
Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Previous customer service experience
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Checker?
Courteous, energetic, and helpful attitude
Precision in scanning and keying; attention to detail
Ability to get along with others
Function in a fast-paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
Work with Customers, staying attentive to their needs
Constantly* stand, reach at waist, perform fine motor movements
Occasionally walk, reach overhead, reach at shoulder, reach at knee, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, stair climb, pivot, twist, push / pull with arms, pinch
Occasionally be exposed to cold, hot, loud noise, and wet conditions
Demonstrate the ability to lift 35 lbs, and manage in excess of 35 lbs. It is the responsibility of each individual Partner to never lift beyond his or her own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.
Successfully complete Checker training and Alcohol Seller's training
While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
Structural Design Checker
Structural Design Checker
Long term Contract
$40-$42 per hour
- Marine Design experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Structural Steel required
- CADworx or AutoCAD 3D required.
SUMMARY: Scouts fields for insects, diseases and weed pressure. Performs leaf and soil sampling of fields to assist salesmen in promotion of products and increase efficiency in their job. Allows each salesperson to increase growers and expand market share.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Obtains soil and leaf samples for salesmen.
Checks all crops for insects, diseases and weeds.
Maintains insect traps and monitors on a timely schedule.
Records and files daily reports on all crops.
Inputs records and reports into computer to monitor results.
Maintains contact with county agents to cross reference with crops needs.
Attends all meetings possible to stay informed on new products and techniques for field checking.
Makes small deliveries.
Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of college in a related field.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Good verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outdoor weather conditions and in high, precarious places. The employee frequently is exposed to extreme heat (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme cold (non-weather). The employee may be required to walk in fields and over ditches to collect samples.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Checker / Loader
1 Pm-9:30 Pm
Work Days: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Days off: Tuesday and Saturday - Must be flexible as schedule may change
This position is accountable for the proper count and verification of all incoming and outgoing product loads as well as loading product on route or transport vehicles.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Monitors and verifies all shipped product quality that meets Bimbo Bakeries USA standards.
- Works cooperatively with co-workers.
- Notifies a supervisor or manager if there are issues regarding product shortages or quality.
- Accountable for the proper count and verification of all incoming and outgoing product loads and returns.
- Count & prepare proper loads, Break-down tray stacks of bread, muffins and bagels, etc.
- Arrange product for efficient loading and operational needs.
- Daily processing of required paperwork, including inputting any adjustments/shorts/overages, and verifying loads to account for all products, utilizing computer applications.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. overhead.
- Must be able to stack product according to stacking procedures.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climb, twist, etc. Other duties as assigned.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Attention to detail.
- Sets and maintains high performance standards.
- Maintains high level of productivity and self-direction
Education and Work History:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
Ship Checker III
The Ship Checker III is responsible for recording cargo movement (discharge, stowing and loading) to and from the customer carrier in a responsible, safe, accurate and efficient manner. The Checker III position will handle primarily steel cargo (pipe, tubing, coils, flats, etc.) and will have prior experience with this commodity.
· Count, inspect, sort, identify & record storage location of all cargo discharging (or coming off a vessel).
· Count, Inspect, sort, identify & record stow location of all cargo Stowed (or being loaded onto a vessel).
· Load / unload trucks
· Receive cargo on trucks
· Load Pipe trucks Direct, sort cargo by PO, Reference #, etc.
· Ship out cargo from yard to trucks
· Load Rail Cars
· Mark & take dimension of cargo.
· Keep Written Tallies and Record
· Keep record with the use of electronic Equipment (Tablet & Scanner)
· Assists in training Checker I & II levels in the area of steel cargo
· Other duties, as assigned
· 2 years experience in shipping & receiving (Warehouse, Yards, Stevedoring) is required
· 1 year of experience in handling direct steel cargo, required
· Attention to detail in following & performing basic instructions
· Consciencious about safety and quality in work
· Proven record of dependability and working autonomously
· Strong mathematical and computer skills for keeping counts and tallies
· Available for working long hours, holidays & weekends
· Ability to Write / Read in English
· Bilingual English / Spanish is a plus
· Capable of keeping counts and tallies
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
· Work is 100% outdoors
· Candidate will be exposed to weather conditions like heat, rain & cold on daily basis. And in some occasions will work in closed spaces (warehouse, vessel hatch, etc)
· Capable of walking, bending, stooping, climbing ladders up to 100ft high and have fast physical reactions (jump, move)
· Ability to work in a noisy environment
Email Kari for an interview ASAP! Kcooper@peopleready.com
PeopleReady is a part of TrueBlue Inc., the global workforce solutions leader connecting clients with over 840,000 precisely matched associates every year across 70 countries. Through our recruitment outsourcing, onsite management and on-demand talent delivery services, we are industry-leading innovators for the changing world of work. Let PeopleReady help you get your work done well.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!