Glass Cutting Machine Operator Automatic Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Gear Cutting
Precipart, located in Farmingdale New York, is currently seeking a Machine Operator to work in our Gear Cutting Department. In this position, you will operate manual gear cutting machines to manufacture custom precision gears. This is a great opportunity for a mechanically inclined individual who wants to acquire hands on experience and learn a skilled trade while working in a high production environment. Responsibilities
Operate machines to fabricate a high volume of parts
Review blue prints to accurately fabricate parts to the specified dimensions
Inspect parts to ensure quality standards are met
Manufacture parts to meet production deadlines Requirements
A minimum of 1 year relevant experience preferred
Must be mechanically inclined
Experience working in a manufacturing facility
Experience with hand/power tools a plus
Excellent attention to detail
Good communication skills
Able to meet production deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
Able to work 3:00pm to 11:30pm Monday through Friday Company Benefits We look for long term employee satisfaction and offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, which includes:
Base salary plus bonus program
Paid time off
Medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and long term disability insurance
Profit sharing plan
National Employee Assistance Program + 529 College Savings Program
Stable organization with opportunities for future growth within the company About Precipart Precipart is a global company engaged in the engineering, design and manufacture of high precision custom solutions. We provide mechanical components, assemblies, gears and motion control solutions to the most recognized names in the medical, aerospace and industrial markets. With offices in the United States, Switzerland, United Kingdom and India, we have over 260 employees dedicated to enhancing lives through innovative solutions.
Glass Cutting Operator (Tij Restrictions Lifted) - B Shift
Job Description Summary # Job Description
: Responsible for the day to day operating, monitoring, and repair of glass cutting machines in line with auto glass packing equipment and ultrasonic washers. The associate must be able to work both independently and as a team member and actively communicate with others to include workplace teams.
Responsible for meeting/exceeding production standards, maintaining product quality, and minimizing/preventing equipment downtime. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Operate and monitor equipment cycles.
Operators have complete responsibility for their quality, production, waste, and machine workability/accountability. 2. Perform machine set-up and changeovers. 3. Understand and operate inspection & testing equipment. 4.
Responsible for performing preventive maintenance on cutting machines and equipment 5. Responsible for identifying and correcting any dimensional defects and cosmetic defects according to current QC specifications, to insure good quality. 6. Record accurate inspection and process data as required for the completion of controlled documents/paperwork in an effective manner. 7.
Tend to the overall cleanliness and organization of the equipment and work area. 8. Utilize Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to query, move, validate, and issue material to production orders and machines from rack/storage locations and back to respective locations including accurate consumption of materials. 9. Move raw material to staging areas by forklift, electric pallet jack, or pallet jack. 10.
Present shift reporting and Shift Start Up information to operators, technicians and supervisors. 11. Verify process steps are completed correctly in batch records. 12. Read, understand, and follow standard operating procedures. 13.
Trains associates and answers procedural questions to internal and/or external stakeholders, as needed. 14. Works around potentially hazardous materials/chemicals used to clean areas. 15. Wears personal protective equipment required in job. 16.
Works around potentially hazardous energy sources (compressed air, electricity, etc.). 17. Contribute to the continuous improvement of the process. 18. Other duties as assigned.
Deliverables: - Operate equipment at targeted efficiency and scrap rates. - Equipment and work area to be kept clean. - High quality products produced per manufacturing documents. - Accurate documentation. # Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East) # Additional Locations # Work Shift Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Cutting & Milling Machine Operator
Overview Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
Monitors product and process to ensure quality of product to documented procedures.
Makes required adjustments to maintain quality of product.
Records and reports production numbers including disruptions and rejects.
Coordinates and executes to published schedule.
Changes and adjusts tooling as required.
Maintains quality and the quantity of the output of the production line during course of shift.
Performs required PM.
Performs required housekeeping.
Performs other related duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent
Achieves minimum acceptable levels on Work Keys assessment tests for Applied Mathematics, Applied Technology, Locating Information and Reading for Information
1+ years in a fast paced manufacturing environment
1+ years of experience with automated machines
1+ years of experience adjusting machine to produce a quality product
Basic computer skills
Basic math/reading skills
Good mechanical aptitude
Strong analytical and problems solving skills
Automatic Davenport Screw Machine Operator
Manufacturing company seeking experienced Automatic Davenport Screw Machine Operator. Wages based on experience and past history. Benefits including 401K with company match. This position is full-time day shift.
Cutting Department Technician/ Machine Operator
We are seeking a Cutting Department Technician/Machine Operator to join our team! You will be responsible for make-ready, operation, and cleaning of die-cutting machine.
Selects, installs, and adjust specified cutting die on press bed, sets up stripping mechanism
Directs crew during regular cleaning and maintenance of cutting machinery
Verifying that product is in compliance with customer specifications
Prepares daily time, production, usage, and quality control reports
Must have industry related skills, knowledge of operation of cutting machinery, and experience.
Must demonstrate high degree of attention and care to prevent damage to precision machinery
The ability to handle physical work load
Strong work Ethic
Steel Plasma Cutting Machine Operator
National manufacturer requires experienced, reliable, dedicated automotive or machinery trained person. Position is Plasma Steel Cutting Machine Operator. Welding experience helpful. Will train individual with some computer aptitude. Full time position with full benefits. North Kingstown, (Quonset) Rhode Island location.
Wire Cutting Machine Operator
Wire Cutting Machine Operator
Responsibilities and Duties
- Set up and operate heavy machinery to produce orders within specification
- Perform quality checks and examine product for defects to ensure customer satisfaction
- Unload and load materials by hand weighing up to 75 pounds
- Repetitive lifting
- General housekeeping of work and other areas as needed
- Many aspects of the work are repetitive and physically demanding such as standing for long periods of time, bending, pushing, and pulling
- Must wear PPE and adhere to all safety rules
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Prior industry experience required, training is provided
Qualifications and Skills
- Wire cutting experience a must
- Proven experience as a Machine Operator (Will train the right person)
- Basic math and measuring skills
- Must be able to use a tape measure
- Must be able to read and understand drawings
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Safety oriented
- Other duties as assigned
-BACK GROUND CHECK REQUIRED
Laser Cutting Machine Operator
Immediate opening for qualified laser cutting machine operator .
Must be skilled in blueprint reading , (both metric and U.S. standard) must be knowledgeable in tolerance interpretation.
Must be able to proficiently use precision measuring instruments . Micrometer, calipers, tape measure, dial indicator, etc.
Being familiar with Fanuc controls is a plus.
Must have at least 1 year experience in laser operation and daily laser maintenance .
Salary will be based on experience .
Automatic Screw Machine Operator
We are looking for 1st shift - Monday through Friday 7-3:30.
Best candidates have experience with mechanics, farm equipment, manual machinery and can read blueprints. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and not afraid to get dirty.
Expectations: Under the supervision of the Screw Machine Set-Up/Lead, the Screw Machine Operator is responsible for efficiently producing quality machined parts, SPC charting, gauging, problem solving and reading and interpreting blueprints. The Screw Machine Operator also performs routine maintenance to machinery.
The Screw Machine Operator operates one or more previously set-up multiple-spindle Screw Machines equipped with automatic indexing and feeding mechanisms, to perform a series of machining operations on metal bar stock while following specifications, such as turning, boring, threading and facing.
A. Safety / Housekeeping:
1. Maintains machinery in reference to cleaning, lubricants, and ensures that machinery is operated within safety guidelines.
2. Responsible for working area and department cleanliness.
3. Responsible for ensuring that machinery complies with safety guidelines.
B. Manufacturing / Production:
1. Meets or exceeds expected production rates.
C. Machinery and Equipment:
1. Performs tool maintenance which includes: tool removal; grinding tooling; and replacing tooling without creating scrap.
2. Safely operates the surface and pedestal grinders, forklift and chip spinner.
3. Changes collets and pusher tubes.
4. Prep for set-up with steel change.
5. Makes all adjustments necessary to maintain acceptable quality while keeping the machine under control.
6. Replaces worn tools.
7. Examines machinery to become familiar with tooling set-ups.
8. Loads bar stock into feeding mechanism.
9. Starts machine and observes operation.
10. Adjusts machine controls and changes tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
11. Operates grinder to sharpen tools.
12. Tags parts produced at the end of the shift.
D. Problem Solving:
1. Avoids potential problems such as machine crash or production of scrap through tool maintenance.
2. Corrects quality problems by tool alignment or modification.
3. Identifies unusual problems including but not limited to concentricity, loose collets, broken or chipped tooling, poor threading, chatter, burns, excessive cycle times, etc.
4. Reworks parts that exceed specification.
5. Avoids potential problems such as machine crash or production of scrap through tool maintenance and other preventive measures.
E. Blueprints, Gauges and SPC:
1. Reads and comprehends blueprints and tolerances as well as in-process inspection procedures.
2. Lays out a part according to the necessary specifications.
3. Masters the use of gauges or instruments required to meet specific tolerances.
4. Maintains and understands SPC charting techniques.
5. Verifies conformance of turned parts to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers and fixed gauges.
6. Tools and completes a 60-piece working sample prior to the start of each job.
7. Performs audits and tags properly.
Laser Cutting Machine Operator
Set parts properly in laser cutting machine
Start/Stop machine as needed
Remove parts and inspect for quality issues
Count parts accurately
Involves some heavy lifting 25 lbs +
Follow safety guidelines and workplace policies
Keep work environment neat and clean
Able to differentiate colors
Full time opportuity
Monday- Thursday: 7:00 am- 4:30 pm; Friday 7:00 am- 11:00 am
Must pass criminal background check and drug screen
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!