Glass Finisher Job Description Sample
Laminators And Finishers Of Fiber Glass Moldings
sanding and finishing of large fiber glass moldings
720 Ramona Ave
Corona Ca 92879
Seeking excellent career opportunities? Looking for stability and growth in a company? Riverside is the place for you! We are growing and looking for additional team members!
Join our company and have the opportunity to work in the aviation and high tech industries. Our overall company mission is to provide custom precision manufacturing and innovative services to medical, aviation, space and defense and emerging high tech industries. We offer our employees competitive wages and benefits and the opportunity to grow and advance their careers. Our work environment is clean with a focus on safety. Apply today!!!
Finisher (2nd Shift)
The purpose for this role is to perform various functions such as deburring, polishing, washing, assembling, bead blasting, and visualizing ensuring customer required finishes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position may participate in one or more of the following duties as directed by supervision or management.
- Be able to read and demonstrate a comprehension of a blueprint's dimensions, tolerances, as well as surface finish call outs required for parts.
- Operates pencil air grinder, pedestal deburring wheel, drill press, tumbler capable, 6” & 1” belt sander, sand & glass bead blaster, and microscope.
- Uses hand tools such as deburring knives chamfer tools, sheet sandpaper and files to finish parts.
- Be able to use a digital or dial caliper, mic 0-1”, gauge pins, thread gauges and the comparator/shadow graph.
- Dries objects.
- Examines cleaned objects to ensure conformance to standards.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years experience; preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills and the ability to think independently.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- Ability to read blueprints and use hand tools is a plus.
- Must be able to work in other areas on an as needed basis.
- Show initiative in work by being a self starter, suggesting new ideas for completing a job, giving input as to how to improve the efficiency of a job, and organizing work time in order to complete jobs in a timely matter.
- Personnel performing acceptance activities of product shall have natural or corrected near-vision acuity of 20/20 in at least one eye per Titmus screening or equivalent.
Want to speak to the recruiter about the position? Click or Copy/Paste this link into your browser: https://flashrecruit.com/u/385
This organization participates in E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Women/Minorities/ProtectedVeterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Vision of Riverside is to be the world leader in Custom Precision Manufacturing. We will accomplish this by building and maintaining strong healthy partnerships, and by exceeding customer expectations of Quality, Service, Innovation and People. These core values will guide our staff and create a successful organization.
We will actively promote a solid environment in which community involvement, open communication, opportunities for growth, and mutual respect is realized.
Our employees take pride in their work by providing our customers quality product, service, and innovative solutions.
We are looking for motivated individuals who want a challenging employment opportunity!
Experienced Commercial Truck Paint Finisher (1St And 2Nd Shift)
EXPERIENCED COMMERCIAL TRUCK PAINT FINISHER (1st and 2nd Shift) / ACABADOR DE PINTURA COMERCIAL DE AUTOMÓVILES – CON EXPERIENCIA
The Delaware Valley’s leading transportation manufacturer and fleet repair center is looking for an experienced painter. Our company is 28 years old and we have 80+ employees. We have a modern, well lit, facility with modern equipment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Essential Duties and
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Dependable, experienced, team oriented employees wanted. Must be able to pass drug screening and have no serious and recent issues identified on a background check.
All Applicants MUST attach resume when responding to this add.
Check us out for more information at:
Product Finisher 2
Teledyne DGOdesigns connection systems that transmit signals, data or power through challenging media, such as subsea oil wells; and through pressure barriers, such as the hull of a submarine. Because the cost of failure is so high,Teledyne DGOdesigns and manufactures its products to deliver total reliability. We engineer and manufacture our products as if lives and fortunes depended on them.Because they do.
Teledyne DGO offers our employees an excellent benefit package including:
Medical & Dental Insurance
Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Voluntary Short & Long Term Disability + 401(K) Plan
Flexible Health & Dependent Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Vacations & Sick Time
College Tuition Reimbursements Teledyne DGOis a fast growing division of Teledyne Technologies and is looking to add highly motivated and skilled individuals to our team.Teledyne DGOis dedicated to providing an environment that fosters excellence in teamwork, and includes every Employee, Supplier, Business Partner and Customer as a valued member of our team. Our employees are treated with respect, professionalism and the opportunity for career advancement in a safe work environment. Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Position Summary and Responsibilities The Glass Sealing Value Stream (GSVS) Product Finisher will function within Gasket Prep Work Center and will work from blueprints, drawings, sketches, written procedures and/or verbal instructions to complete work assignments that are semi-routine in nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Responsibilities will include pre-finishing, potting, sealing, light assembly, packaging of components and materials & regular communication with Supervisor, Leads, other work center team members, including GSVS POD Members. The Operator may also operate related support equipment and machinery. Other responsibilities may include maintenance of equipment, adherence to policies and procedures to comply with safety/environmental requirements, performing inspection of work to insure compliance to quality and customer specifications, providing direct and indirect labor support to other work centers in need of resources, of which further training and development may be required, work in support of processing improvements, provide assistance to work center improvement initiatives, work with all members in the GSVS in improving Key Process Indicators (KPI’s) of Inventory Turns, Linear Shipments, On-Time Delivery (OTD) & Reduction in the Price of Non-Conforming (PoNC) product, assist with prioritizing work to meet customer demands and positively impact team communication and morale.
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent + 12+ months of general factory work
Good coordination and flexibility in both hands
Occasionally lifting up to 50 Lbs.
Ability to read technical drawings
Personal Protective Equipment:
Use of appropriate PPE for occasional chemical handling as needed
Use of safety glasses
Use of steel protective shoes or protective shoe covers Requisition Post Information : Posted Date* 2/1/2018 Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Company NameTeledyne D.G. O'Brien
Shift2nd Shift - EveningCitizenship/Visa RequirementUS Citizen/Perm Resident/ Other US Person
We are looking for experienced drywall finishers to join our team!!!
- MUST be experienced in all phases of drywall finishing
- Must know how to use, tape machine, bazooka, box tools, sanders, scaffold, ladders, lift machines etc.
- Must know level 5 coat processes (skim, roll, spray)
- MUST be 18 years of age
- MUST be able to pass a drug screen and be willing to authorize a background check
- MUST be able to take direction from foreman and superintendent and perform assigned duties in absence of foreman.
- MUST have reliable transportation and willing to travel to required job sites
- MUST abide by all job site safety standards/ OSHA compliance
- This is a union position paying top wages depending on the job detail.
- Sound pension
- Excellent healthcare
The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades was founded as the Brotherhood of Painters and Decorators of America in 1887. Since then, the members of the IUPAT have followed the mantra that “Single-handed we can accomplish nothing; but united there is no power of wrong we may not openly defy.”
Architectural / Wood Finisher
Knowledgeable and experienced in the use of paint sprayer. Able to mix stains and paint colors for a quality finish. Be able to assemble and disassemble spray/ paint equipment. High end display cases for Universities, Libraries and Museums all over the world.
* 1+ year Experience of professional finishing with fine paints and stains.
* Knowledge of Wood Bleaching for Custom color
* Able to handle responsibilities and to work alone when need to.
* Work where needed and with others
Wood Finisher | Cabinet Finisher
Are you looking to learn a skilled trade? How about an exciting career as a Wood Finisher? Apply today if you enjoy working towards a beautiful finished product!
O’Keefe Inc. located in River Falls, WI is a leading manufacturer of Architectural Woodworking and Custom Cabinetry products serving the commercial construction industry.
We are looking for a Painter/Wood Finisher with little to no experience. Cabinet finishing experience or auto body finishing experience is a PLUS.
Hours are Monday – Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm. Some overtime is required depending on work load.
- Sanding cabinetry before painting and in between each coat
- Spray and hand finishing of wood products
- Various stain application techniques
To learn more about this rewarding career apply today!
Glazier - Glass Installation, Glazier, Residential Glass
Glass Installation, glazier, Residential Glass Glazier
Glass Installation, glazier, Residential Glass
Glass Installation, glazier, Residential Glass, Commercial Glass, Curtain Wall If you are a Glazier with experience, please read on! We are the largest full-service retailer and installer of Architectural Glass and aluminum products within the construction, residential, and automotive markets in the United States. Our company was founded in the 1870s and has over 65 locations in 15 states. With more than 140 years in business, we have the track record of being an organization where careers are made. Many of our current 850+ employees have grown through the ranks and have great careers at our organization. Are you next?
What You Need for this Position Experience in: -Reading and interpreting blueprints or specifications.
Cutting and removing broken glass.
Installing moldings for glass installation.
Grinding and polishing glass.
Determining the materials required for completing a particular job.
What You Will Be Doing - Cut, assemble, fit, and attach metal-framed glass enclosures for showers, bathtubs, display cases, skylights, solarium's, and other structures.
Fabricate and install metal sashes and moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing.
Load and arrange glass and mirrors onto delivery trucks, using suction cups or cranes to lift glass. So, if you are a Glazier with experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Glass Installation, glazier, Residential Glass* VA-NorfolkFB1-1281854
Glass Installer & Glass Fabricator
Now hiring two positions for immediate start. Looking for a Installer for our Shower Enclosure, Mirrors and Art Glass.
Fabricator will be working with Mirror and Clear Plate. These are full time positions with excellent pay and benefits. These positions require a clean drivers license and a desire to be the best in your field.
While experience is prefered, we will train those who have some history of working with glass. Crystal Illusions is an Industry Leader serving Northeast Ohio for 40 years. If you are interested in bettering your life and have a desire to suceed, call us at 216-292-9959 or contact us on line at www.crystalillusaol.com Cleveland.com.
Keywords: Mirror and Shower Door Installer, Location: Bedford, OH - 44146
General Helper - Metal Finisher - Polisher
Summary – Stainless Steel and Aluminum Finishing Polisher will be responsible for finishing and polishing aluminum parts, equipment and hardware to high quality standards. Also required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Finish or polish SS AL parts using a variety of stationary and portable grinders, files, buffing wheels and sanders.
- Wear appropriate PPE including safety glasses, face shields, gloves, hardhat, dust masks etc.
- Move materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Frequent standing, bending, walking, kneeling, squatting and twisting
Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards
Assemble items as instructed by department supervisor
Keep work area clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities
Follow all company rules and policies
Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
Follow all safety rules and quality standards
Work with you department team to maximize productivity and efficiency
May have to prepare product for shipment
Lift materials, final products and items packed for shipment manually (up to 60 pounds) ask for assistance.
Uphold all OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Must be able to listen, read, write and communicate effectively
Must have basic mathematical skills
Experience working with aluminum
Ability to lift heavy items up to 60 pounds
Ability to identify and measure material
Ability to produce quality products consistently
Ability to follow instruction given both verbally and in written form
Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic
Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals
Familiarity with metric system
Ability to perform simple shop math, covert decimals to fractional equivalents and fractions to decimal equivalents
Must be reliable with a strong work ethic
Willing to work 40 per week and must be flexible to work overtime to meet production schedules and departmental needs.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!