Glass Furnace Tender Job Description Sample
Project Manager – Furnace Engineer
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
-Create safe processes and specification of equipment, ensures that ergonomics is considered in all areas of design, and that potential safety and health hazards are identified and eliminated during project execution.
-Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are followed, driving a zero-incident project environment.
-Design of environmentally compliant processes and specification of environmentally compliant equipment, ensures that all permit requirements are considered and addressed in the design, and that potential environmental issues are identified and addressed during project execution
- Develop scopes, specifications, schedules, and investment grade cost estimates for multi-discipline industrial manufacturing capital projects worldwide up to $10M
- Develop, guide, review, and present project feasibility studies and business cases that accurately identify project benefits, risks, and returns
- Utilize glassmaking furnace experience to guide projects to cost effective, best practice, designs to ensure successful project with respect to quality, technology, cost, and schedule.
- Utilize working knowledge of refractory properties/applications to ensure optimal refractories are used in projects to meet life expectancy and financial goals
- Utilize working knowledge of glassmaking operations to assist with ongoing furnace life expectancy issues and hot repair requirements.
- Develop technical specifications and contracts for equipment and services for all aspects of projects and ensure compliance.
- Coordinate, review, provide oversight and manage external engineering resources and consultants and contractors as needed to meet project objectives
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably mechanical, electrical, chemical or materials engineering
- Minimum of 6 years engineering experience in an industrial or manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated success managing projects up to $10M
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledgeable of the supply chain process, bidding, evaluating, contractor selection, and risk mitigation to JM through smart contracting
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in different phases
- Heavy travel required (50-75% travel)
- Experience with glassmaking furnaces and/or forehearths.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with large manufacturing furnaces and/or glassmaking operations.
- Working knowledge of refractory properties/applications and uses for both cold rebuilds and hot repair applications strongly preferred.
- PMP Certification
- Experience in fiberglass or glass manufacturing industries
Principal Project Engineer - Furnace Engineering
Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full-time direct employment with Vitaver Staffing Client
Onsite: On location at the Client’s site. Position requires frequent travel (50-75% of the time).
Salary: $100,000 to $130,000 range depending on your level of expertise.
Additional Information: Full benefits and relocation assistance available; interview travel reimbursed.
Description: Our Client, a manufacturer of insulation and roofing materials, is hiring a Principal Project Engineer (Furnace Engineering) in Littleton, CO.
• Knowledge of refractory properties / applications and uses for both cold rebuilds and hot repair applications;
• Knowledgeable and experienced in refractory and/or furnace inspection methods;
• Experience in fiberglass or glass manufacturing industries;
• PMP Certification;
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
If this job is not for you, earn a $2,100.00 referral bonus in cash by referring a Candidate or a Client to us. Vitaver Referral Program is one of the most generous on the market!
Seeking experienced furnace installer
Tap Room Server / Beer Tender
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for craft beer culture and the ability to grow that knowledge to represent to our patrons. The Tasting Room Server is professional, friendly and works with a sense of urgency.
- Serve Printer’s Ale Manufacturing Company’s craft beers in the tasting room
- Be familiar with promotions, sales and assist with special events
- Fill and sell growler orders
- Be able to answer questions and make recommendations regarding our beer selection.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas. Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Charge tours and merchandise accurately and immediately into the Point of Sale system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change, if applicable.
- Clear and reset tables and clean bathrooms in tasting room.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of inventory and supplies.
- Serve as a tour guide to provide our patrons with knowledge about Printer’s Ale beer, brewing process and elements of craft beer.
- Complete opening and closing duties under the direction of Tap Room Coordinator.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Flexibility to work fluctuating schedule.
- Strong knowledge of restaurant/tasting room operations and service procedures.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Possess basic math skills, possess the ability to handle money and operate a cash register.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Six months of service/hospitality industry experience, as a server is preferred.
- Cicerone certification is strongly desired.
Press Roll Tender (Feeder)
Commercial printer hiring Roll Tenders (Feeders) to join our busy team.
- Assist in the operation of the press by maintaining ink, water and paper in the press
- Keeping all supplies readily available
- Ensure plates are bent and packed
- Position job stock in roll stand
- Minimum one year experience as a Roll Tender (Feeder)
- Ability to complete paper and ink usage reports using a computer program
- Ability to handle physical workload
Banquet Servers & Bar Tender
Banquet Servers & Bartenders
NEW YEAR, NEW CAREER: BARNSLEY RESORT HIRING FAIR
Exciting career opportunities are available at one of the TOP RESORTS IN THE SOUTH (Conde Nast Traveler & USA Today).
JOIN US FOR A HIRING FAIR – SECURE YOUR INTERVIEW. APPLY TODAY TO RECEIVE AN INVITATION
- 100 New Positions Available for our New Inn and Georgian Hall Opening March 2018
Barnsley Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A background check and drug testing are required for employment.
Visit BARNSLEYRESORT.COM/EMPLOYMENT.ASPX to view job descriptions. Please submit an application before career fair.
PHONE 770.773.7480, ext. 2021 • E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope and General Purpose:
To manage the bar area during banquet events in a friendly, professional manner while maintaining the highest possible standard of service.
- With a pleasant, polite, outgoing attitude, take food and beverage orders
- Serve items ordered in a timely manner
- Follow up on Guest satisfaction
- Clear china, silver and glassware after use
- Complete assigned side work duties
- Must be willing and capable of assisting in accomplishing requirements of other job descriptions
- Be able to accomplish all of the above according to prescribed standards as set by Management
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be enrolled in minimum High School or have equivalent diploma
- Basic computer skills (use of POS terminal)
- Outgoing people skills
- The ability to make work related decisions quickly—to reason out possible outcomes and choose/explain the choices to a Guest.
- Pleasant, positive demeanor
- Ability to maintain the effects of stress.
- Ability to retain training and take direction related to that training
- Ability to correctly count money and maintain security for a cash drawer
- Ability to maintain security for the entire bar area
- Ability to read, write and otherwise effectively communicate in English
- Possess the qualities of trustworthiness and honesty
Essential duties require long periods of standing and walking as well as frequent reaching and kneeling, pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting and moving objects 40 lbs or more. The employee must have normal vision (corrected), hearing and verbal communication. The employee must have the ability to multitask, think remember and accomplish multiple task with one move.
Duties are performed in both indoor and outdoor settings, with events often taking place in the elements in all four seasons. Events often involve loud music.
This Job Description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; however it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the 10 Best Southern Resorts by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, 10 Best Spas in Atlanta by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
How to apply:Directly through Zip Recruiter or visit our website employment section at http://barnsleyresort.com/employment.aspx
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.
Drag Tender Operator
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH EMAIL!!!
APPLY through this link ONLY!!!! https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WEEKMARI&cws=40&rid=150
Formed in 2016, North American Aggregates, LLC (NAA) is a New Jersey based company that supplies high quality sand and other aggregates for road construction, building construction, and clean fill throughout the tristate area. NAA procures its virgin source aggregate from the New York Bay and operates out of its distribution facility in Perth Amboy, New Jersey. The centrally located facility is on the Arthur Kill and proximate to the NJ Turnpike, NJ Parkway and Outerbridge Crossing.
NAA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Weeks Marine, Inc. Weeks is headquartered in Cranford, New Jersey, with additional offices and yards in New Jersey, Louisiana, Texas, Hawaii, Ontario and Nova Scotia. A proven leader in maritime construction, Weeks has successfully completed projects throughout North and South America and employs over 1,600 people.
A Drag tenders is responsible for deck duties including providing a safe, clean vessel for crew members, and is required to comply with safety regulations and procedures to ensure safe and efficient vessel operations. Will also be responsible for training new and inexperienced deck crew.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for operating the drag arm and associated equipment in the proper loading of the dredge
- Responsible for daily inspection, maintenance and repair of the drag arm
- Supervises and evaluates deck crew performance, knowledge and operations
- Coordinates with the Captain to identify crewmember’s performance and create a development plan
- Responsible for all aspects of line handling
- Responsible for vessel maintenance and housekeeping, including meal preparation
- Stands wheel watch as required
- Maintains the vessel exterior in good order including painting or chipping as needed
- Responsible for ensuring a clean sanitary environment aboard the vessel
- Provide assistance as needed to the Captain in checking and inspecting the vessel’s safety equipment.
- Provides support to the engine room as needed per direction of the Captain and/or the Engineer
- Present on deck and within communicating distance at all times while the captain or mate is operating the stern controls
- Follows company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an “incident and injury free” work environment
- 5+ years of experience as Able Bodied Seafarer
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work rotational 12 hour watch
- Ability to work 14 days on, 14 days off, revised as necessary
- Merchant Mariners Credentials (MMC)
- AB Limited Certification or higher
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- CPR/AED First Aid Certification
- Valid US Passport
- Driver’s license
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
This Job Description does not cover all the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of North American Aggregates, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
North American Aggregates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH EMAIL!!!
APPLY through this link ONLY!!!! https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WEEKMARI&cws=40&rid=150
Our company has three key divisions—Construction, Dredging and Marine Services—which are bolstered by two major subsidiaries, Healy Tibbitts Builders, Inc. and McNally International, Inc. Our vast reach and deep expertise, combined with the sheer size and diversity of our equipment fleet, enable us to serve as a one-stop shop for clients in both the private and governmental sectors.
Established in 1919, our family-owned company has grown rapidly in recent decades. We continue to strengthen our operations through the acquisition of leading businesses combined with frequent upgrades to our fleet of top-grade equipment. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service, environmental sensibility, operational efficiency and a long-standing commitment to safety.
We are headquartered in Cranford, New Jersey, and manage a network of regional offices in Louisiana, Texas, Hawaii, Ontario and Nova Scotia.
Grinding Machinist - Furnace Operator - GE
This manufacturing company is seeking a Grinding Machinist/Furnace Operator for an immediate opportunity. You will operate a grinding machine, put broken glass raw materials into one end of the furnace, take them out the opposite end, and lift 50 pounds all day. This position requires you to be available for all shifts.
Qualified candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED, must have a manufacturing background, must have experience operating a grinding machine and a furnace, must have steel toed footwear, must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, must be safety-conscious, and must be available for all shifts. Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7340.
The Area Temps Advantage
Every year we match thousands of quality employees with rewarding office, industrial, professional, technical and skilled trades opportunities.
City Search Applicant Network:
Our interactive centralized network links our three branch locations, providing unprecedented access to over 80,000 personally interviewed and performance-rated applicants. Clients are guaranteed the best candidates - and job seekers have access to the best opportunities - in the Greater Cleveland area.
We assess our candidates with skill-specific interviewing, online skills testing, as well as internal and client-generated performance ratings. Employees with the highest ratings are considered first for available assignments.
On-site visits help our account representatives create solutions that are specifically tailored to each client company's needs. And our staffing supervisors have personally met, interviewed and evaluated every candidate we refer.
From customized orientation and training videos, to our unconditional guarantee, to free computer software testing and training, we go the extra mile to deliver outstanding value.
Our staff continually participates in formal and on-the-job training, as well as continuing education, to improve the results we deliver.
Heat Treated And Brazing Furnace Operator
This is a Union position. Set up and operation of Heat treating and controlled atmospheric brazing furnaces to braze rocket engine thrust chambers and other assemblies where vacuum, explosive and/or inert gas atmospheres are used in production. Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each) 100%- Plan brazing and/or heat treat operations of developmental, prototype and production assemblies in controlled atmospheric brazing furnaces where explosive and inert gasses are used in the atmospheres.
Set power and temperature controls, gas flow panels and instrumentation for electric or gas fired furnaces. Adjust switches on temperature control instruments for multiple cycle brazing. Load assemblies on furnace base and make hookups of thermocouples and pressure lines as required.
Operate auxiliary power equipment to unload furnaces and cool down with cooling muffles. Perform heat treating and/or brazing operation as required.
Operate furnace to heat treat and/or braze assemblies including leak check and purge, instrumentation, heat-up, braze and cool down.
Take action when emergency conditions arise during phases of operations to assure safety of personnel and equipment. Over-ride furnace controls by manual operation when necessary. Requirements High school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years of experience in heat treating and brazing operations.
Demonstrated experience working with and around hazardous chemicals including acids. Must have a proven safety record and experience with PPE used with hazardous chemicals. Experience handling large (500 lbs ) complex hardware with tooling and other handling devices (ie: pallet jacks, cranes, lifting straps, etc). Experience reading, comprehending and using planning and drawings to meet required specification requirements.
Experience using measurement instruments to ensure parts are set-up and indicated properly to meet requirements. Must carry or obtain applicable certifications to work in an environmentally controlled room. Must pass the written and practical exam required for Heat Treated and Brazing Furnace Operator.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement. Work Environment and Physical
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Work may require the ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift, crane, hoist, man lift, etc.) in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection.
Some positions may require Respirator clearance up to and including the Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Level A clearance. Work requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or other areas. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations.
Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and/or the ability to travel by air or auto. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Mason Tender / Helper
· Mason Tender, you work directly with the Mason, erecting scaffolding and preparing the grout used to hold the bricks together.
· You also cut bricks so the Mason can make intricate patterns with them.
· Mason Tender climbs up the scaffolding to chip off any excess grout on the bricks.
· You also apply sealants to the bricks and grout.
• High School Diploma (or equivalent)
• Apprenticeship completed (a plus)
• Courses completed in bricklaying (a plus)
• Some post secondary school education (a plus)
$10 - $13 /HR
Medical Insurance after 90 days.
Eligible for 401-K after 1 year employment.
Every 2 weeks free breakfast with Safety meeting.
Participation in SAFETY BONUS $75 - $200 EVERY 2 WEEKS
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment.
Since its inception in 1990, Coast to Coast Forms has consistently outperformed as a provider of concrete shell building systems, delivering high quality and cost-effective workmanship. Our success comes from a steadfast commitment to the client’s vision, a culture of balance, integrity, leadership, and loyalty. Our passion for collaborative building practices can be seen in our projects that range from Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Okeechobee Counties.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!