Glass Ribbon Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Ceramic Glass Machine Operator
Winsted Precision Ball, a division of Schaeffler Group USA, is seeking a qualified 2nd shift Machine Operator to support our Winsted, CT location.
Operate a group of production machines to achieve specified levels of quality and production standards. Maintain machines, including preventive maintenance, including disposal of swarf from waste tanks to assure a high standard of operating efficiency.
Move work to and from work area as required.
Keep accurate records of production output. Assist set-up operator as required.
Keep work area clean and orderly. Assist in other duties as required by supervisor. Use micrometer, snap gauges, electronic gauges to check size.
Clean finish loads of work as required. Work under direction and follow established practice and clear-cut policy in performing majority of duties. Make decisions when general instructions, established methods and clearly defined precedents indicate action to be taken, but refer unusual problems to supervisor.
Additional knowledge on the order of understanding decimals & using arithmetic involving decimals; comprehension of simple drawings, charts or diagrams. Equivalent to partial (technical) high school education or comparable brief shop training. Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs. unassisted, excess of 50 lbs. assistance required. Frequent loading and unloading of machines. Considerable amount of pushing and pulling (guidance of an average of 700 lb. tubs on hoist). Operate overhead hoist, high degree of hand eye coordination required due to closeness of machines and overhead wiring. Ability to read and follow instructions, procedures and route cards. Must be able to use measuring devices.
3 – 6 months experience.
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Glass Forward Operator - Fort Bragg, NC
Job Description: Develop, plan, coordinate, implement and maintain projects and/or programs for clients.
Make recommendations for workflow and program improvements. Coordinate project logistics such as meetings, travel, supplies, equipment. Counsel clients on benefits of program.
Maintain customer information in computer system. Develop presentations, manuals, bulletins, and other project/program documents. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Lead and direct day-to-day workflow of others although it is not their primary job function.
Provide support to perform Global Logistics and Support Services for the US ARMY Sustainment Command and subordinates in the execution of their mission including support for the LOGCAP IV and LOGCAP V contracts.
Required Skills Active Secret clearance.Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a related area.7+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.Ability to travel as necessary.This position supports a U.S.
Government contract whose terms require that applicants possess U.S. Citizenship.
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 52542090
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc, one of the world's leading and most admired service companies. Serco serves Federal, state and local governments, along with the Canadian government and commercial customers.
We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Reston, VA, Serco has approximately 10,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $6 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. Serco recognizes that our employees are our most valuable asset.
Our successes directly relate to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. Our employees personally can make a difference.
It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results.
Our focus on Bringing Service to Life is more than a tagline, it's the way we get things done, the way we talk with each other, and the way we interact and respect each other. We succeed by encouraging and generating new ideas. We trust our people to deliver.
We are passionate about building innovative and successful Serco businesses. Our most powerful tool in improving performance is to instill a stimulating culture where people feel they can personally make a difference. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional AreaProgram Management & Acquisition Support
DepartmentOur services in the Defense business unit support all branches of the U.S. military and the intelligence community. Our teams provide a variety of support services related to the maintenance and life cycle sustainment of US Navy, US Coast Guard and Customs and Border Patrol fielded C5I systems.
We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems.
We also provide personnel services to military personnel, military families, and civilians working for the military. Our capabilities address a wide range of managed services, as well as the complete military lifecycle which includes recruitment, to active duty through retirement.
And for the Intel community we have over 300 cleared professionals who serve a variety of Intelligence Community and Department of Defense customers who stand on the front lines of defense for our nation. The unit employee's specialists focused on acquisition and program management, systems engineering, cyber security, signals and intelligence analysis, financial management, human capital, and information technology.
Glass Machine Operator
Our Central Specialty Pet business unit is searching for a Glass Machine Operator at our Franklin, WI location. The Machine Operator - Glass Cutter is responsible for cutting sheets of glass to specification size for assembly requirements.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Our employees enjoy great benefits that include a business unit employee purchase program, wellness reimbursement, and employee events! Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Operate forklift to obtain shipping containers of glass.
Based on written production schedule, cut and stock daily glass production needs
Uses hand tools (prybar, hammer, band cutter, etc.) to open crates.
Determine machine program set-up for glass cutting according to work order. for proper dimensions to be run.
Manually snap scored glass into specified size, transfer to pallet rack and/metal storage containers.
By using forklift, transfer cut glass to proper inventory storage area.
Daily recordkeeping and reporting of all production activity.
Daily cleanup of work area.
Change sanding belts on machine as needed.
Complete shut-down cleaning of machine once per week.
May rotate or be assigned as fill-in to other positions in department.
Other duties may be assigned
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Sit down, propane forklift certified
Good hand-eye coordination
Perform repetitive tasks with speed and accuracy.
Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Plant environment with periodic visits to the office area.
Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
Noise level in the work environment varies with specific areas requiring hearing protection.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Shot Peening Machine Operator
About the Position:
The mission of the Corpus Christi Army Depot is to overhaul, repair, modify, retrofit, test and modernize helicopters, engines and components for all services and foreign military customers. Corpus Christi Army Depot (CCAD) is the Army's Center of Industrial and Technical Excellence for Rotary Wing Aviation Maintenance. We provide worldwide on-site maintenance services, aircraft crash analysis, lubricating oil analysis, and chemical, metallurgical and training support.
Learn more about this agency
Receive assignments and work orders that require programming of numerical controlled shot peen machines.
Review engineering drawings and specifications to determine CNC shot peening technique applicability, required product geometry, surface finish and tolerances. Analyzes the characteristics of the material from which the product will be peened.
Develop programming methodology resulting in a program file to control CNC equipment in the full range of CNC machine capability/capacity.
Prepare engineering drawings and may use an interactive graphics system to obtain the required views.
Design and layout of necessary jigs and fixtures to position and hold part during shot peening operations.
Design special peening tools needed to shot peen part to specified compression depth and surface finish.
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
3769 Shot Peening Machine Operating
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
A pre-employment physical is required for this position.
This position is a Test Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing.
A Shot Peening Certification test is to be taken annually. You must be able to obtain and maintain this certification.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an SHOT PEENING MACHINE OPERATOR without more than normal supervision. I have the ability to perform common Shot Peening Machine Operator tasks. I can: select nozzle, lance, or adapts peening nozzle as required. Operates shot peening machine, including computer numerical controlled (CNC) production equipment. Performs routine maintenance to peening equipment components such as air hoses, magnavalves, and sieve screens. Operates glass bead cabinet using compressed air to remove fragments from parts. I work under close supervision of a work leader or journeyman who observes tasks in progress and upon completion makes sure that they are properly performed.
- Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision Screen Out
Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
Dexterity and Safety
Knowledge of Metals
Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
Use of Measuring Instruments
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Duties may require standing, stooping, bending, reaching, and occasional handling of objects weighing up to 35 pounds. Other workers and/or machines are available to assist in physical efforts.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work areas around CNC shot peen machines are usually noisy and entail a risk of injury from flying metal chips, abrasive particles, and shot. There may be danger to extremities of the body from nozzles, robots, turntables, hoses and moving machines.and shot. There may be danger to extremities of the body from nozzles, robots, turntables, hoses and moving machines.
Machine Operator - Mixer Operator
Our client is on the northwest side of Grand Rapids. Must have 6 months of industrial experience. Must be able to perform heavy lifting tasks throughout the shift. This is a physically demanding job. Positions involve opening bags of ingredients and dumping into machines.
3:50PM TO 12:00AM
11:50 PM TO 8:00AM
Hours may vary.
*Running a machine
*Packing, line work
*Inspection of bakery products
*Industrial / manufacturing experience
*Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Able to comply with GMP policies
*Pre-employment drug screen and nationwide background check
Experience the Williamson Difference:
*Great Benefits (Health Insurance, Vacation Pay, 401k, Referral Bonus, Weekly Pay, Verizon Discount)
*Locally owned and operated
Celebrating 25 years in business
Williamson Employment Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the assignment of its employees on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status. Discriminating orders will not be honored.
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
Panel Saw Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year recent food manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Good mathematical aptitude, with ability to add, multiply, subtract, and divide.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly.
- Available to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to lift, stand, and stoop for long periods of time.
- Responsible for running the packaging lines as per Production Supervisor instructions.
- Provides leadership to general labor crew by giving direction and feedback in order to hit daily production schedules and goals.
- Responsible for flavor changes.
- Perform the necessary machine settings, change tools including Hoppers, Augers, Can Twisters.
- Adjust label sizes and fill weights for different containers.
- Load rolls of film on machines.
- Per shift, maintain equipment clean, weigh charts every half hour and record keeping as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State labor laws.
- Comply with HACCP and GMP protocols for Production.
- Perform QC protocols as required by supervisor.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements as trained.
- Team member must ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement.
- Follow GMPs, SOPs and safety rules in order to maintain a safe, quality conscience work envirorment at all times.
- Ensure good housekeeping in packaging area.
- Follow Sanitation Standards in packaging area.
- Notify the Supervisor of any packaging deficiencies and any food safety violations.
Machine Operator I
Uses a variety of equipment such as forklifts, conveyers, cranes, handcarts, and power trucks to move materials, parts, assemblies and finished products or goods within a plant, office or warehouse.
Responsible for packaging and storing.
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations and Material Handlers are responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product.
This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must attend all monthly scheduled Safety Meetings.
Responsible for checking and refilling head and beard covers.
Unpack filling and put on creel buggies.
Bring required yarn to 2nd floor.
Weigh, track, and recycle waste.
Package cloth, complete packing slips and label boxes, and transport to warehouse for shipping.
Fill blue core buckets.
Perform housekeeping duties as needed in conform/tensor area. Clean wheels on ladders and cloth buggies. Empty trash basket and dispose in compactor.
Perform all other duties of as assigned.
Follow and implement all safety rules, plant rules, department rules.
Participate in Corrective Action Team Program.
Participate in Plant Safety Program.
Report all unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
High School Diploma/ GED or one to two months' related experience and/or training preferred
Good written communication skills
1-2 years' experience preferred
Proficient in Microsoft office preferred
Prior forklift certification preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to read numbers in order to match tickets to corresponding cotton bales and to lay down sequence.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
What is expected of you and others at this level
Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
Adheres to all quality guidelines
Works under moderate degree of supervision
Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!