Glazier Metal Furniture Job Description Sample
We are seeking a highly qualified lead with 5-10 years of experience. Responsibilities include providing leadership, instruction, and guidance to other glaziers. In addition to providing assistance to company owner.
we are looking for long term employees that want to grow with our company. Hours typically range from 7am-5pm Mon-Fri.
Must have experience with the following:
Doors & Hardware
The candidate must also have:
Valid Texas Drivers License
Submit and pass a drug screening
Full set of glazier tools
please upload your resume and (4) industry references. For consideration, please include your salary requirements. final salary is contingent upon experience.
MINIMUM 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE. MUST BE LEGAL TO WORK IN UNITED STATES, MUST SPEAK, READ AND WRITE ENGLISH. MUST HAVE VALID TEXAS DRIVERS LICENSE. MUST HAVE CLEAN DRIVING RECORD.
Metal Stamping Press Operator
- Performs typical progressive die and press operations
- Setup and remove tooling
- Observe press in operation and make adjustments to control rate of production
- Monitoring equipment/tooling during production stamping to ensure it is working properly. i.e. watching gages, dials, etc.
- Quality inspections during production runs
- The use of micrometers, calipers, etc. to inspect/measure/visually inspect parts to ensure they conform to specifications
- Includes making minor repairs/maintenance such as oiling and cleaning up around the press when complete
- Communicating clearly and concisely with the supervisor, other production personnel and quality personnel when a problem arises
- Accurately complete a job routing ticket, data chart, time sheet etc.
- Maintain and accurate count of parts
- Assist in setting up steel coil on larger presses
- Possible second shift during peak production periods or as needed
- Extended period of standing while operating press and running production
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations i.e. PPE (safety glasses/hearing protection) etc.
- Safely handle scrap during and after production run
- Keep are clean and organized in a 5S manner
- May assist in training of other employees as required
- When applicable, use computers for data entry in MRP or spreadsheet in a specified and appropriate manner
- The employee is exposed to high noise levels from operating machine
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Potential hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, nuisance dust, and skin exposure to cutting and drawing oils
- The employee is required to stand, walk, pull and bend to the floor
- 2+ years of setup and operator experience
- Education – High School or equivalent
- High school or equivalent
- Metal Stamping: 2 years
- Worked with Steel Coils: 2 years
- Press Operator: 3 years
Fabrication Shop Sheet Metal Mechanic
Willing to grow in an ever-changing fabrication environment using the latest and greatest CNC tools.
Experience using sheet metal fabrication machines operated using touchscreen controls.
Experience fabricating marine components and ventilation.
Able to cut materials accurately and within the specified dimensions.
Current TIG/MIG welding certification is a plus.
CAD and Solidworks experience is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Read and interpret basic design sketches, drawings, and prints.
Operate various machines such as Fiber Optic Laser, CNC Press Brake, Resistance Welder, Automated Saw, and/or Robotic Welding Cell.
Perform fit-ups and fabrication using various metals such as Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
Assist parts production by performing furniture fabrication and assembly, metal joiner door fabrication, marine ventilation assemblies, laminating, honeycomb panel production, and paint line operations.
Use hand and power tools/equipment, including but not limited to, drills, rivet guns, grinders, saws, band saws, nibblers, shears, and other basic tools.
Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment Work Ability Screening.
Positions available for both 1st (7:00 AM 3:45 PM) and 2nd shift (3:45 PM 12:30 AM).
Sales & Design Consultant - Modern Furniture
MODANI, a booming concept in home furnishings with 13 stores in the US is looking for motivated and reliable full time sales professionals for its Frisco location.
Our growing niche is in selling modern furniture at affordable prices as can be seen on our website: www.modani.com
The position is a full time position in a fast-paced environment requiring multi-tasking, organised with exceptional sales skills as well as an interest in helping people figure out how to decorate their homes. understanding how to lay out furniture and propose sets and arrangements that will help customers and clients realise their perfect room / home.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Quoting and selling to customers, as well as assisting with purchases in general, providing suggestive selling and providing product information.
- Provides design consultation services and advice to customers as necessary in furtherance of Modani’s advertised design services online, provides 2D/ renderings and home design layouts to customers in stores through custom design software upon presentation of a floor plan
- Customer quote follow up and occasional prospecting. Utilizes company leads to expand current customer base and follows up all leads promptly.
- Consults inventory levels and pushes sales of items in stock
- Provides customer feedback and design requests to manager, as well as perceived market competition on similar products
- Builds and maintains an understanding of the stores products and price information, keeps himself/herself up to date with monthly promotions, sales and resulting price changes
- Supervises and coordinates delivery dates and follow up with dispatch department
- Maintains a neat and orderly store at all times, including merchandising recommendations, as well as showroom cleanliness and orderliness.
- Complies with all company rules and processes in the selling process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Salary + commissions
Health benefits available
The potential in sales is unlimited as you may prospect (on top of store walk-ins) large accounts such as real estate and hotel developers, referring agents, architects.
Sales experience is a must; Interior Design experience is a plus but not a requirement. If you have a flair for design, the drive to succeed and a desire to provide excellent customer service then we want to talk to you!
This requires full dedication and availability during the week and motivation to transform walk ins into large orders as well as an interest in prospecting for new partnerships and clients. A pre-established network in the real estate, design and construction industries is a plus.
Please send your resumes via email and a brief description of your motivations, skills and why the company should choose you as a new salesperson.
Health benefits available
Paid time off
Wabash National is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that moves diverse industries forward through innovative solutions. Each associate is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 25 years ago.
If you are applying for a position with certain of Wabash National Corporation's subsidiaries, such as Garsite/Progress LLC, Walker Stainless Equipment LLC, or Brenner Tank, LLC, with locations in Kansas and Wisconsin, please know that these companies are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. You can learn more about your rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash National. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be – for our associates, our customers and our community.
The Metal Fabricator will perform a wide variety of duties as assigned to service and assist the production process. Work involves a range of simple and routine to moderately complex duties. Routine duties are designed to provide an introduction to the manufacturing process and to learn manufacturing duties and simple or routine equipment operation. Metal Fabricators will frequently work with others and receive close direction from plant supervisors to provide prompt attention and assistance as required by plant operations. This position requires care and constant attention to shop activities to avoid injury to self or others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Polishing hose tubes
Drive a forklift
Operate overhead cranes
Proficiently use various shop tools and machines such as, overhead crane, hoist, band saw, polishing machine, grinders, drill press, belt sander, and other hand tools and shop machines as needed
Ability to read and understand spec sheets
Empty scrap dumpsters
Remove plastic film from tanks
Sweep and clean shop and yard areas
Cutting and fitting basic parts with help
Cutting and fulfilling orders
Miscellaneous shop cleaning as needed
Keeps yard organized
Remove and install piping on tanks as needed
Ability to read tape measure and use basic math
Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Overhead crane and hoist training
Proficient basic math skills
Proficiently and safely use small shop machinery and hand tools
Functional and Technical Skills
Ability to read and understand a tape measure
Proficient with basic shop math
Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to job
Identifies the existence and cause of a problem
Takes initiative, persists at tasks and pursues completion of objectives
Knowledgeable & confident in communicating information
Shares information with others to help them perform their jobs safer and better
Copes successfully with unexpected events
Develops plans to achieve objectives & identifies resources needed to accomplish objectives
Resolves conflicting priorities and accomplishes work on time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to Corporate and/or Plant policies, rules, and regulations in these areas is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, stoop, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Wabash National is a tobacco free environment.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Wabash National Corporation or any of its affiliates, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furniture Handler (540)
- Meet productivity standards
- Communicate all inventory issues to appropriate Manager
- Adhere to all safety and security regulations and report concerns to management.
- Maintain a clean, neat work area
- Ability to move furniture up to 50 lbs alone and up to 100 lbs with assistance as needed.
- Must be available to work each scheduled shift and should report to work on time.
- Possess basic knowledge of warehouse operations – ability to unpack or repack merchandise
- Detailed accounting for all transfer and delivery pack list and inventory.
- Understand and adhere to Company Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Assist auditors and other cycle counters through proper RF gun use, system use and error reporting.
- Maintain proper flow and documentation of all merchandise moved
- Help maintain inventory records, using computer system
- Perform routine clerical functions as needed to ensure changes and records are maintained.
- Identify any merchandise that is tagged incorrectly, re-identify and make needed corrections in system.
- Ensure all in-coming product, parts, styles; fabrics, etc are correctly tagged/labeled.
- Performs compactor/baler duties as trained/assigned.
- Match packing slips to all purchase orders and communicate discrepancies.
- Produce and distribute daily productivity and receiving logs
- Repair any defects found in merchandise using furniture touch-up techniques so as customer will be satisfied with product purchased.
- Report to Management any furniture that cannot be repaired or touched up to meet quality set forth by company standards.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as required by management
- Tag merchandise correctly and accurately with barcode labels and have manager or lead person double check for accuracy before being moved to stocking areas.
- Maintain files for all incoming product and purchase orders.
- Maintain records for all incoming/outgoing transfers, shipped RTV’s and deliveries.
Sheet Metal Mechanic - 2Nd Shift
To assemble primary and major sheet metal assemblies including different types of metals, composites, and other materials.
I. Performs a wide variety of operations in the completion of assemblies involving component tooling where some judgment is necessary to set up and maintain a positive relationship of a multiple number of parts or assemblies.
a. Performs assembling operations such as cutting, filing, drilling, countersinking, fitting,shimming, adjusting, clamping, bolting, reaming, riveting, and bucking where locationsand other pertinent information is established or predetermined and tolerances, edgemargins, hole patterns, etc., are usually controlled by tooling and fixtures.
b. Locates reference points, holes, parts and assemblies from established reference lines orpoints, transfers hole and rivets pattern within predetermined limits and performs sheetmetal assembly work with and without aid of jigs, fixtures or other tooling when necessary.
c. Applies sealing, bonding agents and other liquid adhesives per specification requirements.
d. Install some hardware such as nuts, bolts, spring pins, cotter keys and safety wire as needed.
e. Special care is needed for stress critical areas and areas of cosmetic concern.
f. Rework and repair issues as needed.
II. Uses hand and portable tools such as rivet gun, drill motor, portable dimpling equipment, buckingbars, de-burr tools, file, scale, etc.
III. Functional testing of completed parts and assemblies may be required.
IV. Responsible for the quality of own work.
V. Performs other related duties as required.
High school education or equivalent. Requires the use of simple arithmetic, a limited number of measuring instruments and blueprints.
Minimum 3 months aircraft structure experience required.
Somewhatdisagreeable working conditions due to noise level of work area and dust/dirt.
The Oshkosh Fire & Emergency segment is a single-source designer and manufacturer of fire apparatus, homeland security vehicles, mobile command, communications vehicles, and airport rescue firefighting vehicles. Our brands are known globally for quality, safety, and innovation.
Oshkosh Fire & Emergency is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Summary of Job Description
The positions within Metal Finisher prepare the surface of truck parts for painting. Workers operate hand and power tools/equipment for the metal finishing in order to prep, repair, and clean truck parts for the painting process. They may perform painting on truck parts if directed. They must communicate with co-workers to keep and maintain a clean and safe environment.
Communicate verbally with co-workers to keep a safe working environment
Use of a cart to transport truck parts to and from designated areas for paint preparation
Use hand and power tools to prep truck parts for the painting process
Follow instructions to complete tasks and keep a safe work environment
Metal finish, sand, grind, and tape surface of parts/equipment
Understand parts, equipment, and tools used for the paint prepping process
Lift parts off of and onto carts and hang and unhang parts for metal finish process
Caulking, grinding weld, flattening weld, and buffing of parts
Hand sand, file, cut, and drill metal cab parts
Inspect and detect in equipment and parts for defects
Use of a computer to locate and read truck prints
Record inventory of parts that go into metal finishing rooms
Be responsive to needs of co-workers and supervisors
Sweep and clean work area and equipment
Lifting of parts and equipment
Must maintain a safe and clean work environment
Marginal Work Functions
These functions may be considered essential based on location, position, and other factors.
Work overtime if needed*
Painting and priming of truck parts as directed*
Climb onto roof of trucks to perform metal finishing duties*
Reading blue prints of truck*
Operation of a tractor to pick up parts for metal finishing process*
Basic Qualifications to complete Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent education
Two years of experience with automotive painting and/or metal finishing
Preferred Qualifications to complete Essential Functions
Associates' Degree in Auto Body repair or related area
Two years of experience with automotive painting and/or metal finishing
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Luxury Furniture Specialist
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, flexible work hours and Friday bagels!
The RealReal is seeking a Home Specialist to assist and optimize operational functions of the home/furniture category. The ideal candidate is:
- Someone who works well independently but also has the ability to be a part of a team environment.
- Has in-depth home knowledge.
- Understands specific pricing trends for furniture category.
- Detail oriented.
- Great time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to reach daily quota and goals.
- Excellent organizational & time management skills and acute attention to detail.
- College degree preferred but not required (Art History, Fine Arts, etc.).
- Minimum 1-year experience working with the luxury home product (retail, gallery, showroom, auction house included).
- Execute all aspects of the authentication process by accurately identifying and researching media, fabrications, hallmarks, stamps and date codes of incoming home product.
- Review pricing for home items and furniture based on retail value, condition, style and market demand.
- Inspect and review high value, VIP, Valuation Office and PA items for quality and condition issues.
- Adhere to first in, first out methodology to ensure all consignments are prioritized and product flows according to plan.
- Distribute product to copywriters based on covet-ability, value and brand.
- Consistently reach daily set quota.
- Attend related pricing/merchandising meetings.
- Act as key point of contact for management addressing merchandising inquiries.
- Attend all merchandising meetings related to the home category.
- Communicate with home photographer and warehouse to inform them of complicated items.
- Assist with training procedures.
- Maintain and produce positive influences on team culture.
- Reporting Analysis:
- Update tracking chart with SKU counts for copywriters in given category and total completed units daily.
- Utilize Looker to track category backlog.
- Product Related Duties:
- Research high value and key merchandise (collection information, MSRP, collaborations etc.).
- Work with receiving team and Copy-writing Assistant Manager – Product to ensure successful distribution of product.
- Distribute low value and contemporary brand products to copywriters in order to expedite the skuing process.
- Manage process flow of items awaiting price approval.
Oversee completion of VIP and valuation office consignments.
401K and health insurance.
Transportation assistance (shuttle service from nearby Bart stations).
PTO and vacation time.
Career growth opportunities and much more!
Metal Collision Technician
The Tesla Body Repair Program is seeking a Collision Repair Technician to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. This position will involve supporting the Internal Body Shops in all aspects of its Authorized Collision Program.
Perform collision repair on company and customer owned Tesla vehicles
Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools.
Maintain records of time, expenses and materials.
Order shop consumables and parts.
Help maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and the Body Repair Training Center.
Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet project deadlines.
Comply with all Tesla safety rules, guidelines and standards.
Understands and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
1-3 years of experience in the collision industry.
High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate from Vocational School in Collision Repair preferred.
Valid Driver's License and a good driving record with at least 2 years of driving experience and insurable.
Capable of reading and comprehending automotive repair procedures.
Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the collision repair of vehicles.
Experience with operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment.
General knowledge of structural repairs utilizing frame bench systems (Car Bench, Celette, Car-O-Liner, etc.).
Experience using paint mixing and spray equipment.
Knowledge of MIG Welding steel and aluminum.
Capable of lifting up to 100 lbs.
Capable of driving a fork lift.
Maintain and perform top level professional integrity and appearance as an automotive technician.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
Microsoft Office experience preferred.
Must be willing to train others
Must be comfortable working in a collision shop environment
Ability to work independently in limited supervision environments.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!