Senior Buyer Customer Service Representative
Organization Name7565 WIS CompanyCompany Overview
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistic services. 2017 annual sales were approximately $7.7 billion. The company employs approximately 9,100 people, maintains relationships with over 26,000 suppliers, and serves approximately 70,000 active customers worldwide. Customers include commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities. WESCO operates 10 fully automated distribution centers and approximately 500 full-service branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
Responsible for processing customer and supplier orders. Identifies and develops new opportunities to add value and reduce costs. Interacts within a supply chain industry, including vendor order placement, customer cost savings, and problem resolution for range of products and services. Perform duties of a buyer by ensuring efficient and effective customer contract execution.
* Maintains customer account responsibility for order processing activities and problem resolution.
* Processes customer orders following established customer contract guidelines with focus to maximize billing margin.
* Processes orders by defined procedure and reviews customer returns.
* Prepares requests for proposal and quotations and evaluates responses.
* Maintains accurate product information, manufacturer names and part numbers, pricing, and cost data on applicable company systems.
* Builds and maintains strong working relationships with suppliers and ensures company is perceived in a positive way.
* Expedites product delivery with suppliers to ensure customer commitments are met.
* Resolves receiving and supplier invoice discrepancies.
* Reviews supplier shipping errors and determines appropriate action.
* Provides leadership, coaching, guidance and training for buyer CSRs.
* Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, internal audit and SOX controls, and quality control processes.
* Understands and supports ISO standards and supports company procedures for document control, purchasing, process control, corrective and preventative action, and control of quality records.
* 2 years of purchasing MRO/Indirect Materials preferred.
* Bachelors' Degree preferred.
* Knowledge of purchasing and inventory concepts, practices, and procedures
* Knowledge of industry including suppliers, customers and competitors preferred
* Knowledge of business performance measures
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong computer skills. Prefer experience with purchasing and inventory management systems, programs and reports
* Ability to exercise judgment
* General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
* Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
* Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
* Employee required to problem-solve.
* Employee required to communicate with the public.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination."
Press "Apply Now" below.
POST JOBS FOR FREE