Glen Ellyn Job Description Sample
Night Crew Team Member - 3Rd Shift
Company Name: Mariano's
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of product and effective replenishment of all products. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, power jack, hand jack, flat bed, forklift, scrubber, compactor, mop, broom and intercom system) according to company guidelines.
Assist with receiving product, presentation, rotation and replenishment
Ensure in-stock position of available product.
Maintain working knowledge of all packaged, refrigerated, frozen and dry products equipment.
Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution, product skills and process skills.
Ensure consistent execution of all packaged, refrigerated, frozen and dry products standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Utilize accomplished selling skills in order to secure additional sales and use suggestive selling techniques to increase sales of products during sales events.
Communicate code dating issues and shrink opportunities and monitor product quality to reduce shrink.
Plan work duties appropriately during the scheduled shift to accomplish all assigned tasks.
Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
Assist general team members as needed.
Physical demands include, but are not limited to, turning, standing, reaching stooping/bending, walking, climbing ladders, squatting, kneeling, and lifting/carrying objects 6 to 72 lbs., and pushing/pulling objects 300 to 2500 lbs.; occasional lifting/carrying objects more than 72 lbs., crawling, climbing ladders, walking on uneven ground, working above ground level and exposure to coolers (-20- 40o) and varying outdoor temperatures.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
High school diploma/GED or currently enrolled
Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
Sound judgement/decision making skills
Ability to read/interpret documents
Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL || Wheaton || 625 S Main St || 60187 || Mariano's || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Source and select vendors that ensure quality, price, delivery and service at a price that maximizes company profit margins while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- Manage supplier performance in accordance with purchase order terms through delivery, acceptance, payment and closeout
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQs) bid packages based on commodity assignment. Most RFQ packets will require Specifications and/or Drawings relative to the RFQ.
- Solicitation of bids from a minimum of three sources of supply (when applicable and/or required). There will be times when material is sole sourced. At that time, a Sole Source Justification must accompany the MR.
- Follow-up on all RFQ packets and/or all bidders to ensure bids are received in a timely fashion (per required timeline)
- Receive and review bid packages with Director of Procurement/Logistics so as to ensure bids are complete
- Communicate w/Project Management and Project Site team so as to ensure accurate materials are procured per specifications/requirements
- Prepare Costs Analysis based on pricing/bids and communicate proposals/analysis to respective team members
- Communicate with all bidders for BAFOs and/or cost reduction (when applicable)
- Make final vendor recommendations to Project Team
- Procure materials that are agreed upon with the Project Team
- Enter purchase orders in Purchase Order system (ViewPoint) and log Purchase Orders into Material Tracking Report
- Send award/release Purchase Orders to Vendor(s); follow up with awardee to ensure Order Acknowledgement is sent
- Communicate release of Purchase Order to project site team
- Monitor and update Purchase Orders and pricing (as required)
- Assist Logistics Specialist in expediting material (as required)
- Review and make Project Site aware of substitutions and/or sources (when applicable)
- Attend daily Procurement/Logistics meetings and other meetings (as requested)
- Perform daily quality control (QC) checks on purchase orders and/or reports for other team members (as needed)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in related field is required (Business Administration preferred)
- Must have five years of solid Procurement experience preferably in the construction industry
- Must have a good understanding of procurement techniques/requirements
- Must have the ability to learn Procurement/Logistics policies and procedures (and ability to follow same)
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Must have the ability to analyze financial data
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; especially in Excel
- Must have impeccable customer service skills. In our area of business; we treat everyone as a customer
- Mus be able to evaluate and use relevant information along with individual judgment to suggest ways to improve work processes (Process Improvement)
- Must be eligible for a U.S. Government Security Clearance (MUST be a U.S. citizen and pass a criminal and credit background check)
- Must be a team player and look at challenges as opportunities for new knowledge and growth
Electrical Engineer - Intern
Students applying must be majoring in electrical engineering.
- The intern candidate should be a full-time student at an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor or higher degree in electrical engineering.
- Must have a good working knowledge of office productivity suite (Office, Visio, especially Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Positive attitude and outstanding customer service orientation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Some hands-on networking infrastructure
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good interpersonal and team skills
Cost & Change Management Engineer
Major Job Activities:
- Coordinate and track multiple key projects and tasks within the responsibility of PMO in Lombard, IL
- Create tracking reports for various levels of management
- Interface between senior management, construction managers, and lead project coordinators to gather data and contribute to program proposal preparation efforts
- Work closely with procurement and subcontractor teams to capture the committed costs on timely basis and to arrive at uncommitted costs of the project
- Provide cost management services to the project team including earned value analysis, forecasting, monthly report production and change management
- Control and monitor project total expenditures including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and recorded
- Ability to track and record projects costs and production quantities over multiple projects
- Assist in generating weekly status reports by job for management review
- Ability to understand and support the planning and scheduling aspects of the project
- Compile invoices with appropriate backup documentation for approval
- Sustain a comprehensive understanding of the plans and specifications
- Support environment where dynamic project communication occurs between project personnel, management, superintendents and customers to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner
- Assist project in helping to meet or exceed expected margins
- Perform other duties and assignments as required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a government clearance
- Prefer bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience preferably in the construction industry
- Hands-on Construction field experience and/or overseas U.S. Government project experience is preferred
- Civil and Architectural estimating experience preferred
- Delta estimations for change management process and ability to collect the impacts of all the aspects of changes as needed
- Ability to interface with finance and accounting needs
- Experienced as a cost control engineer, is preferred, for at least two previous projects for which the scope of work included new construction and/or existing building renovations with a project value not less than $20M.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, and communicate with different project teams while also taking responsibility for his/her own deliverables
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written, communication and presentation skills required
- Strong knowledge of major facilities and infrastructure construction projects
- Proficient Excel experience along with entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use any enterprise system for estimating or cost control is essential
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 preferred
Senior Accounting Analyst
Office Location: Glen Ellyn, IL
Advocate Construction is currently expanding our territory in the Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Kansas City, due to this exciting growth we are now looking to offer an outstanding opportunity for the right person.
As a Senior Accounting Analyst you will help Advocate Construction continue it's mission to help homeowners obtain much needed repairs to their homes after they have experienced damage due to a severe storm at little or no cost, all while helping Advocate Construction maintain solid financial security and compliance.
If you are seeking a long term career with unlimited potential and are interested in becoming a Senior Accounting Analyst we invite you to apply and include an introduction as to why you are the right person for this outstanding opportunity.
- Build strong sustainable business partnership with leadership teams and work closely with Director of Accounting
- Financial analytic project, with weekly and monthly reconciliation
- Periodic reporting of inventory, labor and expenses
- Review and auditing of internal expense reports
- Prepare review of monthly, quarterly and yearly financials to facilitate management decision making against P&L levers
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance required, advanced degree is a plus
- 3+ years of accounting and financial analytic experience
- Experience managing multiple P&L at the corporate level
- Experience managing and processing payroll for a large company
- ERP experience with strong overall basic computing skills in MS office applications with advanced Excel knowledge and Quickbooks
- Strong communication skills both internally and externally, written and oral
- Customer focused internally and externally
- Competitive Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 per year *Negotiable based on experience and credentials
- 401K with matching
- Benefits compensation package
- Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Regular Full Time (40hrs per week)
Visit our webpage at: www.advocateconstruction.com
The purpose of this position is to oversee construction of distribution main and service installations associated with renewal activities. The incumbent in this role directs construction supervisors, project coordinators, and outside contractor resources who perform the execution of gas utility infrastructure replacement, while delivering on financial and operating objectives. This person drives quality and safety expectations and ensures that those standards are met within a functional or regional area.
Oversees construction of underground gas utility infrastructure for residential, commercial, and industrial properties
Drives field decision-making and coordinates with centralized scheduling, internal and/or external service providers and support departments (environmental and real estate) and external agencies to ensure that work is performed as planned, permitted and scheduled.
Reviews and approves work orders, progress reports, field changes, invoices, as-built records and bid contracts to ensure compliance and company standards and policies.
Monitors budget and/or cost per unit variances within a functional or regional realm of responsibility and identifies exceptions/variances and appropriate corrective actions
Inspects Construction (safety, compliance, quality, locates and restoration).
Appraises Engineering, regional and other applicable stakeholders on project progress.
Responds to emergency situations in a specific region during after-hours (duty supervisor)
Provides vision and direction for clerical support within a functional or regional arena of responsibility.
Evaluates and recommends field design changes to optimize project investment and spend.
Prepares and monitors monthly and annual capital and operating expense budgets and implements cost control within a functional and/or geographic area.
Responsible for enhancing productivity of direct reports through training, motivation and performance coaching.
Leads bi-monthly meetings to ensure internal and external resources meet set construction schedules and quality/safety targets
Interprets pipeline contracts to effectively leverage and negotiate the application of contractual items with external service providers.
Maintains customer satisfaction through timely and thorough communication with individual customers, municipalities and other governmental agencies at pre-con meetings and throughout the project (such as state DOTS, Counties, etc).
Instills corporate values and personal responsibility into direct reports.
Influences external contractors who represent the company by shadowing corporate values.
Oversees employees who construct gas utility infrastructure.
Establishes and monitors work goals and objectives. Measures employee performance and sets safety, quality and productivity metrics.
Creates and/or implements improved processes and techniques to enhance operating environments.
- Valid Driver's License
- BA/BS Degree OR 5 years experience in construction and/or distribution operations in a gas utility, pipeline transmission, or other energy/utility related field.
Related Work Experience:
3 years of supervisory/management experience
Applicant may possess a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
Specific Skills& Knowledge:
PeopleSoft Financials – intermediate proficiency
MS Excel, Word and Access – intermediate proficiency
Strong project management skills
- Geographic Information System (GIS) or comparable system – intermediate proficiency
- MS PowerPoint – intermediate proficiency
Walking construction sites and excessive driving up to four (4) hours at a time
Potential for occasional overnight travel
On-call as needed
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Construction
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Illinois-Metro Chicago-Glen Ellyn
Operating Company: Nicor Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Glen Ellyn - 90 N Finley Rd. (90GlenEllynCODE)
90 N Finley Rd.
Glen Ellyn, 60137
Req ID: GAS2002023
Climbing Arborist | Glen Ellyn, IL
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1RES - Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: 1 - 2 years
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
POSITION: Climbing Arborist — The Davey Tree Expert Company
Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Tree Expert Company is pleased to offer a key opportunity as a Climbing Arborist/Trimmer.
Provides tree trimming services
Services provided include pruning, repairing damaged trees by trimming or removal as well as removing broken limbs from wires, roofs, and other objects
Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts
Operates as part of a crew with supporting Groundman and Crew Foreman
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Driver's license required. Commercial driver's license preferred and may be required, depending on job requirements
Completion of Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
Certificates and Licenses if necessary
Pesticide license, if required by state law
Full time hourly position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. Generous performance incentive plan. Davey offers excellent benefits, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year, and industry related training and special Davey training courses.
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and CLS are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information
The Care of Trees, Inc., a Davey company, provides a full range of tree care services and has offices throu
New Grad Field Engineer- Arlington Heights
Role Summary:We are hiring a Field Engineer in our Arlington Heights market. This FE performs on time and accurate Preventative Maintenance in one or more modalities of equipment.
The FE1 is aware of and follows all Field Modification Instructions and/or Instrument Service Information bulletins. Works with experienced Field Engineers, both onsite and remotely, to learn troubleshooting, repair and equipment installation techniques. Responsible for driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
1. Learn to complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance, FMIs and/or ISIs. Assist more experienced field engineers with equipment installation.
2.Work with experienced field engineers on basic troubleshooting and service repair needs on designated equipment.
3.Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
4.Learn to effectively communicate with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
5.Partner with the customer and recommend value-added services that will help the customer run their business more efficiently.
6.Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and managing cycle times.
7.Utilize the GEHC escalation process, as needed, and work closely with region and national support to define and implement corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
8.Serve as a member of the account community for key accounts. Effectively engage commercial counterparts, identify potential sales leads, participate in sales opportunities such as contract renewals, and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
9.Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship with the customer to ultimately become a perceived partner in their business.
10. Keep up to date with competitor information and market trends.
11. Answer service calls independently without assistance within one year of employment.
1. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field; OR equivalent military education; OR participant in the formal GEHC Biomed/FE Services Internship or Military Externship program; OR High School Diploma/GED and 4 or more years of experience servicing electronic equipment.
2.Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
3.The successful applicant must comply with GEHC's standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
5.Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License.
6.Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
1.Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2.Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
3.Complete all planned Quality, EHS & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
4.Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
5.Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
6.Ensure timely dispatch closure (if applicable).
7.Identify and report any unsafe workplace conditions or unsafe acts to the EHS Organization.
8.Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI's) within prescribed timeframe (if applicable).
9.Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
10. Maintain tools and test equipment properly and ensure they are calibrated correctly.
11. Must comply with vendor credentialing requirements.
Desired Characteristics:1. Previous internship Experience
2.Minimum of one year experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
3 Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
4.Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
5 Demonstrate an understanding that customers determine our success.
6.Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency
7Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
8.Empower and inspire others.
9.Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment, ability to multitask and prioritize.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.Additional Locations:United States;Illinois;Arlington Heights, Glen Ellyn, Rockford, Schaumburg;
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Glen Ellen, IL
Reports To: Director of Finance
Advocate Construction is currently expanding our territory in the Chicago, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Kansas City, and Detroit areas. Due to this exciting growth, we are now looking to hire an experienced Bookkeeper for our Glen Ellyn, IL office.
As a Bookkeeper you will help Advocate Construction continue it's mission to help homeowners obtain much needed repairs to their homes after they have experienced damage due to a severe storm at little or no cost, all while helping Advocate Construction maintain solid financial security and compliance.
Visit us at http://www.advocateroofing.com/
Must be extremely organized and thorough on all tasks. Duties include interfacing with clients and vendors, reconciling accounts, A/R, A/P and complete accounting responsibilities. Average 40 hour a week salaried position.
The bookkeeper is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of both companies are accurate. The bookkeeper also performs routine financial calculations and general ledge duties.
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Calculate and post commission and expense accruals
- Prepare adjusting journal entries or other monthly journal entries
- Assist in preparing a budget and forecast
- Provide analytical support for various financial initiatives of the organization
- Manipulate large amounts of data in a spreadsheet or similar software
- Ad hoc Projects
- Associates in Accounting, Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 1 year accounting/booking experience
- Complete knowledge of Accounting principles
- Data Entry
- Must be proficient at QuickBooks (Currently using QuickBooks for PCs)
- Excellent at Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel)
- Organization & Communication Skills
- Judgment and problem solving
- Ability to Multitask
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Starting Salary: $45,000
- Paid Holidays
- 401K plan with company matching
- Health Insurance option
Grocery - Overnight Stocker
Provides overnight support for assigned team to include receiving and preparing product and maintaining the floor, displays, and back stock in accordance with company standards. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend significant time on the floor, engaging with customers, and pitching in to help whenever and wherever needed. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.
Checks product to ensure it meets WFM quality standards.
Accurately sorts and scans waste.
Maintains production standards.
Stocks and cleans shelves, bins, and food preparation areas.
Maintains back stock in good order.
Handles DC and UNFI invoices for product delivered outside store receiving hours.
Properly checks-in product and reports miss-picks to team leadership.
Receives product from receiving location to sales floor or appropriate back stock spaces.
Aids in receiving and sorting overnight deliveries for other teams.
Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
Ability to perform simple math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- No prior retail experience required.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees="" fahrenheit="" (freezing),="" 32-40="" degrees="" fahrenheit="" (refrigerators),="">90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
May require use of ladders.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.32>
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!