Glue Mill Operator Job Description Sample
CNC Mill Operator - 1St Shift
- Maintain the highest level of quality control per ISO standards
- Troubleshoot machine and tooling problems to keep scrap and rework to a minimum
- Perform inspections with required tools per the IPI
- Set up and operate conventional, special purpose and numerical control machines and machining centers
- Study prints, sketches and drawing, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished piecework
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed coolant flow, and depth of angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve , input, or editcomputerized machine control media as required
- Adjust the machines to the speed
- Change tools as required or directed
- Communicate problems to the shift supervisor and/or machinists from other shifts
- Record job issues on the Production Control form
- Complete Job Cards daily for all work performed
- Perform program off sets as required
- Maintain and secure work tools per our tool requirements
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on machinery
- Clean and maintain work area
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use when applicable
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certificate or Degree from a trade school a plus
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and routing
- Knowledge of Geometric tolerances
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) require programming knowledge
- Job setting experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs frequently
Boring Mill Operator - 2Nd Shift
- Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications.
- Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup.
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining.
- Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines materials, parts, and equipment required.
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures and certify/test product.
- Work with Machining Manager making every effort to maintain all production schedules
- Inspect work produced using various instruments to verify conformance to specifications
- At least five years of machine shop experience with experience running boring mills.
- Ability to read blueprints and calculate dimensions and tolerances.
Vertical Mill Operator
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished parts, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Set pallet and parts up in machine for machining parts to print.
- Measures, marks dimensions and reference points on material for subsequent machining.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors.
- Responsible for machining parts for the equipment according to production schedule.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Edit machine program to meet part specifications.
- Inspect parts to ensure they meet the required tolerance on the blueprint.
- Other duties as required.
- Lift test required.Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Feed Mill Operator
We’re hiring for a full-time Feed Mill Operator. You will be handling all daily operations including mixing, movement, inventory and storing of 950,000 bushels. You will be performing light maintenance as well as supervising two drivers. Depending on the season you will assist in other areas on the farm.
We offer competitive wages along with housing(excellent school district), health benefits, paid time off, paid holidays and paid vacation.
This job might be for you if you are:
- Passionate about the agriculture industry and enjoy variety in your daily work
- Have experience working on a farm, feed mill or related field.
- Formulating effective and efficient feed formulations
- Inventory of all raw materials
- Regulate computerized systems within the operation
- Supervise drivers and feed mill production employees
- Schedule feed production to apply in relation with feed orders
- Completing all required documentation, paperwork, and record keeping
- Farming/Agricultural Background
Tube Mill Machine Operator
Tube Mill Machine Operator
salary:$12.50 per hour
date posted:Friday, October 12, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Tube Mill Machine Operator
Do you have 1-2 years experience in your last 2 jobs? If so, you will be a good fit for this steel manufacture in the Winder area. The position is a temp to perm opportunity for the right candidate. The company is expanding and needs dedicated machine operators to fill a 2P-10:30P shift. Pay is $12.50. Monday
- Saturday (some overtime may be necessary on Sundays).
Set up, operate, and monitor equipment and machinery.
Maintain a clean machine and surrounding areas.
Keep stock of materials/products for machine/equipment and replenish when needed.
Feed material into machines, adjusting material accordingly.
Trim and scrap excess materials.
Immediately report shut down or operating problems of machinery and with others under minimal supervision.
Working hours: 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Good manual dexterity.-
Ability to stand for a minimum of 7 hours at a time.
Can reach within hands and arms length, bend and stoop, walk, and stand consistently for long periods of time.
Can lift up to 50 lbs.
Can withstand manufacturing working conditions.
0- 2 years of machine operation or related manufacturing experience.
HS Diploma or equivalent.
Can read, write, and comprehend English
Pass background & drug screen requirements
Please e-mail a current resume to and attach it your profile. Apply to this posting & call 706/548-9590 after 6pm to leave your name, number & the posting id #. For your convenience, we offer digital interviews to accommodate your schedule.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
To Apply - click on link and find the position you want to apply for, then complete all applicant information - https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/sf/careers/jobsearch?bplte_company=ebrona&_s.crb=%2b989yFBleXmc4HigV6i%2fk6RzhtA%3d
This role inspects all machines in their respective areas (Shellers or VTAs) on shelling area, including paddy machines/precision graders. Reports to the Miller or Production Supervisor any problems with machinery or operating efficiencies.
- Keep good Sheller Rolls on all shellers.
- Check each machine for shelling efficiency hourly.
- Check each paddy machines for any mechanical problems.
- Report any machinery involved with shelling system to supervisor.
- Report any problems with any machine/elevators or screw conveyors.
- Adjust speed of shellers as production requires. Maintain proper flow of product.
- Inform Miller or Production Supervisor of any Bin changes for documentation purposes.
- Must be assertive and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work overtime and on weekends as required.
- Keep Milling Equipment (VTAs and KB40s) in good condition in order to obtain required quality and production throughput.
- Check product for brokens content and check temperature on all 3 breaks twice per shift.
- Adjust speed of Milling Equipment as production requires.
- Maintain proper flow to each milling break in order to have consistent flow through between each system.
- Assist in keeping work area clean.
- Must be assertive and self-motivated.
Must be able to work overtime and on weekends as required.
Skills and Abilities
Physical and / or mental requirements
- Good verbal communication skills, legible handwriting, and communicate in English.
- Able to climb ladders/stairs throughout shift, work at high places, exceeding 100 feet; able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination.
- Manufacturing equipment associated milling rice.
- Shellers, Paddy Separators, VTAs and KB40 milling equipment.
- Various types of material handling equipment.
- Various hand tools.
- Exposure to hot and cold weather, noise, and dust.
- Must work rotating shifts to cover 24/7 operation.
- Must be familiar with and use proper PPE in performing daily job tasks.
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- High School Education preferred, but not necessary.
Prior Work Experience
- 2 year rice milling experience preferred, but on the job training is allowed.
- Mechanically inclined.
Certificates and / or Licenses
- Texas Driver License.
- Qualify for TWIC Card.
- Health Insurance-available Immediately
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Group Life/AD&D Plan
- Supplemental Life/A&D Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Vacation (begins accruing immediately)
- PTO accruing day one
- 401K Plan-55% company match up to 6%
- Short term disability
Utility Operator - Feed Mill
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Complete various maintenance and repair responsibilities of equipment.
Provide dispatch services as need.
Complete assigned production operator duties which includes manufacturing feed according to established procedures.
Complete assigned feed mill driver duties which includes transporting feed to various locations around the complex.
Complete assigned receiving operator duties as necessary.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to perform light maintenance with knowledge of machines, electronics, machine operations, or other equivalent skills.
Six months of related experience.
Some computer skills.
Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Working ability to dispatch loads.
Possess a Class A CDL or willing to acquire one.
Excellent communication skills with associates, vendor, drivers and growers.
Inventory and record keeping experience.
Ability to climb high structures.
Working knowledge of ingredient and feed quality.
Feed Mill Operator Sign-On Bonus
Interested in the agriculture industry? Check out this position with a $1600 sign-on bonus!
Doherty Staffing Solutions is partnering with a leading supplier in the food industry located in Thompson, IA. We are seeking candidates for Feed Mill Operator positions on 1st shift. Shift A is a Monday-Friday position, while Shift B is Wednesday-Friday, plus every other weekend.
Compensation for these direct hire positions is $16.00 per hour with a $1600 sign-on bonus, and up to $2.50 per hour attendance incentive.
FEED MILL OPERATOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Order ingredients weekly as needed to make feed
Complete various reports correctly on a daily basis
Monitor feed ingredient levels, ingredient deliveries and feed schedule
Operate feed mill equipment
Handle micro ingredients with forklift and by hand when necessary
FEED MILL OPERATOR REQUIREMENTS:
Must have hand-eye-foot coordination and act with an awareness of surroundings and equipment
Ability to read and communicate effectively both written & orally
Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
Must have basic math skills
Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
Ability to work in high elevations and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
Make a career change and join this dynamic team apply today! Click APPLY NOW to complete our mobile-friendly online application. For questions or additional information about the Feed Mill Operator positions, please contact our onsite Staffing Specialists directly at ext. 3232 or email .
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android devices
Shear Tag Operator (Rolling Mill Trainee) (3989)
Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
Return to List | Apply Now
Shear Tag Operator (Rolling Mill Trainee) (3989)
Location:Durant, OK (0294) Relocation Assistance:No
Commercial Metals Company is very excited about our new micro-mill in Durant, OK! The Shear Tag Operator will monitor the cooling bed and bundle tying equipment while focusing on safety, quality products, and efficient operation. This individual is responsible for bundle integrity, verification of length control, and bar quality while providing feedback to the Pulpit Operator and Mill Supervisor of equipment conditions and areas of improvement. The Shear Tag Operator will learn different facets of the Rolling Mill operator roles, routinely performing multiple operating roles in more than one area of the Rolling Mill. Successful candidates will have a strong safety mindset and a desire to learn.
This is an entry-level trainee position, and works on a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, which involves rotation between day and night shifts. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career, this is the job for you!
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Knows current condition of tiers, cooling bed and collecting table at all times as well as knows physicals, and their relation to speed and QTB
Plan for wire changes, length changes, repairs, etc. during any down time
Adhere to CMC Steel Oklahoma safety policies and procedures
Maintain a continuous focus on cost and ways to decrease cost
Stay organized and show attention to detail, with a "get it right the first time" mindset.
Demonstrate dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs
Able to stand for duration of a shift, up to 12 hours; frequent walking or climbing stairs
Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 lbs., and occasi
CNC Mill / Grinder Operator
CNC Machinists 2nd Shift - $14.00- $16.00 an hour with $1.00/hr premium
Must have the ability to operate conventional mills and lathes using basic machine shop knowledge.
Must be able to tear down and set up machines. Must be able to read blueprints and use micrometers & calipers. Must be able to work overtime including weekends.
Employee would be responsible for working with autoloaders, to put cutting edges on tools.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Looking for experience with blueprints, optical comparators, CNC machines, calipers, etc
Interested candidates should email or call for more information.
High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution or Vocational Technical Training Certificate
Minimum 1 year of manual machining experience
Willingness and ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required.
Ability and willingness to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities.
Benefits as a Kelly Services Employee:
Electronic pay via Direct Deposit or Pay Card
Electronic pay stub & annual W-2 availability
Service Bonus Plan
Health Benefit Plans
Free Training & Development Courses
Services , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100 companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!