Glued Wood Tester Job Description Sample
Finisher - Wood Finishing - Wood Work
American Workforce Group has partnered with a busy local furniture manufacturing facility to help build its temp/permanent labor force. If you have great work history enjoy working long hours and meet the criteria below, we would like to speak with YOU!!
Do you enjoy challenging work and have great attention to detail? Do you have experience painting in a booth? Are you pumped when working in high volume position? If this sounds like you LINES ARE NOW OPEN!!!!!!
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
- Some background restrictions
- Willing and able to work long hours
- Previous production experience preferred but not required
- Experience with industrial spray painting
- $11.50 / Hourly
- LONG HOURS
- Plenty of over time during the summer!!
- Temp-Hire based on performance
To apply for this and other positions, please visit our website at www.americanworkforcegroup. com or send your resume in Word format to thurstonjobs@americanworkforcegroup. com and follow up with a telephone call (360) 338-6900. Office hours are Monday- Friday 8 am- 4pm. (No after-hours calls, please)
“We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, and any other status protected by law.”
American Workforce Group"Built on Relationships, Backed by Integrity"
Call (360) 338-6900 for more information.
American Workforce Group "Built on Relationships, Backed by Integrity"
Wood Assemblers And Wood Cutters
Production--Temp-to-hire after 90 days probation period
POSITION PURPOSE: Converts raw materials and assembles component parts info finished goods as directed by the department supervisor or designate by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Adheres to the company safety and quality policies at all times.• Follows established ISO work instructions as applicable.• Completes assigned manufacturing tasks using specified machinery and equipment in allotted time.• Oversees materials to minimize scrap and waste.• Processes scrap material for recycling.• Maintains work area and equipment according to established 5S standards at all times.• Operates machinery and equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines.• Reports safety and quality issues along with any maintenance needs to supervisor.• Participate in established cross training initiatives in other areas to support business goals and objectives.• Operates pallet jack or fork lift to move product.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
EQUIPMENT: Tape measure (all departments)Power tools (assembly and cut room)Nail gun (assembly and corrugated)Staple gun (assembly or corrugated)Various other equipment
SPECIAL SKILLS: Communication skills Shop math Blue print reading Team oriented Ability to work in fast-paced environment Dedicated to task completion
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles like dust or sawdust. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shot. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employees regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Shifts Monday - Friday 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shift available Needs to be flexible with overtime
Drug and Background screening required. STEEL TOE BOOTS REQUIRED.
Please apply in person at: 120 Stafford St. Suite # 202 Worcester, MA 01603.
Phone # 508-762-9449
Wood Framers/Carpenters in need for immediate hire!
Come work for a company that is growing and thriving. We offer good compensation to workers with extensive experience, and great benefits including: vacation/sick time, 401K, medical/dental/vision insurance!
Call 402-991-3732 for more information on how to apply or stop by our office to fill out your application today!
20513 Nicholas Circle, Suite 1
Elkhorn, NE 68022
Wood CNC Machine Operator
Local Manufacturer of furniture and fixtures looking to add Computer Controlled Wood Processing Operators to our team!
Only Qualified Applicants need apply
Produces wood furniture parts by programming, setting up, and operating computer controlled routers, point-to-point machines, saws, edge-banders and laminating presses; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- * Carpenter/Cabinetry shop experience helpful but not required
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- * Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment, Ability to handle a physical workload
Some of the Great Benefits included:
- - $100,000.00 Long Term Care Insurance
- - Healthcare Insurance, 401k, Wellness plan, paid vacation and holidays
Some other benefits offer as voluntary:
- - Dental, vision, disability, supplemental insurance products
- - and more!!
We support local companies by using their services to help maintain our community. We do everything in our power to support and protect our employees at work and in their personal lives.
Technical Manager With Wood Science Degree/Background
Norbord, an International producer of wood panels, is seeking a Technical Manager for its Jefferson, Texas, oriented strand board plant. The Technical Managers’ role is to manage all activities related to the production of a consistent and high quality product at a minimum cost as well as new product development. The Technical Manager reports to the Plant General manager and is a key member of the plant’s leadership team.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Demonstrated success in manufacturing leading to dynamic results
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- BS or BA diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
Specialized knowledge or skills needed:
- Develop methods or procedures to gain efficiency and margin improvement
- Ability to define and communicate expectations and then hold people accountable
- People and team building skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Leading and setting the example with safety
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships and maintain them over time
- Analyze data to make informed critical decisions
Role requires a person to work in working conditions such as heat, cold, snow, rain, ice, frost, humidity, severe storms and so forth. Special working conditions may include regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working as a team regardless of challenge, and so forth. Exposure to noise, dirt, grease, water and sawdust is common.
Physical ability to perform the essential job functions of the position, which includes climbing stairs, navigating catwalks, working at heights up to 30 feet above the ground, lifting up to 50 pounds (from floor to shoulder height), stooping, and bending, carrying up to 30 pounds at least 40 feet.
At Norbord, a commitment to safety, quality and customer service has earned us a reputation as a leading producer of wood based panels. As demand for Norbord’s products grow, we continually seek bright and talented people in all areas of our business. With competitive salaries and benefits and company profit-sharing, Norbord offers one of the strongest and innovative compensation packages in the industry.
Norbord is committed to providing its employees with the training, skills, and opportunity to achieve their highest potential. Norbord offers the opportunity to excel, express ideas, and make a profound impact within our team driven organization.
If you are a team player who takes pride in a job well done and want to make a real impact at the place you work, look into a career with Norbord. You will like what you see.
Norbord is an equal opportunity employer
Warehouse / Production / Wood Associate
Some of the Different Roles and
- Start up and stop equipment and or put materials into machine
- Read, record and interpret data as well as count and audit inventory to ensure accurate material stock levels
- Visually inspect shipments/products (as required within your work area) for potential damage
- Load and unloading items
- Manipulate small parts repetitively
- Perform assigned activities and instructions with the required quality standards and overall customer satisfaction
- Pulling of materials and properly packing of products
- Runs saws to cut wood and other tools and equipment
- Use forklifts in different locations
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and all different workstations neat and maintaining clean shipping supply area
- Properly disposing of damaged wood and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Communicate and follow all instructions from supervisors, managers, team leads and team mates
Some of the Different Qualifications and
- Stand for up to 4 hours at a time. Averaging 8 hours in a work day
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift 35 to 50 pounds
- Able to stoop and bend and do physical workload as needed
- Ability to work at a steady pace and take direction
- Knowledge of using different tools ( tape measure, nail gun, saws and different hammer's )
- At least 6 months or more experience with a forklift
- Must be able to pass a drug test and have a clean background clearance
Shifts available:times vary with each location and shift
- 1st shift
- 2nd shift
- 3rd shift
Pay ranges: Between $9.25 and up to $12.00
Job Type: Full-time
- Taylor, MI
- Romulus, MI
- Detroit, MI
- Southgate, MI
Please apply with your resume and we will then contact you to schedule an Interview.
Wood Floor Installer
Sales Representative For Solid Wood Processing Equipment
Sales Representative for Solid Wood Processing Equipment
We're Looking for…
An EXPERIENCED Sales Representative in Solid Wood Processing Equipment!
· A key position in our Charlotte NC Office, or in our Zeeland, MI Sales & Warehouse branch.
Possibility of working from Home Office in the USA or Canada.
· Sales are without geographical territory, coast to coast and International!
Serving both markets: Used & New Equipment
- Moulders, Rip Saws
- Optimizing Saws, Re-Saws
- End Matchers, Finger Jointers, etc.
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Solid Wood Processing Equipment, from single machines to complete lines
- Familiar with various wood species and the kind of tooling required for specific operations
- Previous involvement in the equipment trade with End Users and Dealers
- Excellent telephone & email communications skills
- Entrepreneurial Drive (previous Business Owner), Self-managing your affairs while still a team participant
- Determination, "I will get it done!" attitude
- Ability to listen and have a knack for finding & offering solutions
· Result-Based Compensation with a very attractive Profit Sharing Plan
· A 6-figure income opportunity and no income ceiling, with a “phase-in” guarantee
· Choice of work location: Work from Home Office, Charlotte NC or Grand Rapids, MI.
· Very Limited Travel; most Sales Internet-based
· All tools – Computer (desk & laptop), cell phone, etc. provided
· Access to our Large Databases: 200,000 plus Contacts and 5,000 plus Equipment Listings
· Individual Group Health Insurance paid by Company
· Hands-On experience in Solid Wood Processing and Machining applications
· Background in Solid Wood Processing Equipment Sales (i.e., Dealer, Importer or OEM)
· Multilingual – Spanish, German, or Italian – a plus!
Focus Workforce MGMT is currently seeking Wood Workers and Assemblers that can perform a variety of different warehouse duties for a Store Fixture Manufacturer in Payson, UT.
Positions Include- Assembly, Build, Shipping, Sanding, General Labor
Shifts- 1st (6:00AM- 4:30PM) 2nd (5:00PM- 3:30AM)
Pay- $11.00+ (Depending on Shift, Position, and Experience)
APPLY TODAY at focusjobs.com
Call Austin at 801.750.0570 to schedule an interview
959 W Utah Ave Payson, UT 84651
Focus Workforce Management hires over 100 people per week in Production, Assembly, Electronic Assembly, Electronics, Warehouse, Forklift, Labor, Welders, Welding, Maintenance, Recruiting, Recruiters, Staffing, Food Production, Machine Operator, Logistics, Material Handler and Handling, Order Pickers, Picking, Pulling, Distribution, Printing, Printers, Packaging, Welding, Machinist, Clinical and Laboratory, Technical, Technicians, Mechanical, Mechanics, Industrial, Supervisors, Managers, and Manufacturing jobs.
Finisher – Wood & Metal
Ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years of experience in:
Operating spray equipment to apply stains and finishes on various services.
Knowledge of industrial spray equipment.
Hand application of varnishes and stains.
Sanding and wet sanding.
Basic knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products.
Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
Uses various types of sandpapers, polishes, adhesives, masking mediums, solvents, finish materials, hand tools and various power tools to disassemble and finish furniture.
Lift up to 50lbs.
Stand for various lengths of time.
Our values are guiding principles, which inspire and support us in our daily work to achieve the best solutions for our employees and our customers.
Our vision is to help as many people as possible find good jobs, by helping as many clients as possible find good people for their staffing needs.
Our partnership approach is very unique, yet simple. Each candidate we are able to put on assignment becomes an internal customer of ours. We realize without them, who/what are we? They are the core of our business!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!