Gluer Job Description Sample
Lead Folder Gluer Operator
OPEN POSITION FOLDER/GLUER OPERATOR FOR A GROWING OHIO PRINTING COMPANY, WE ARE INSTALLING A BRAND NEW MOLL F/G MACHINE.
CANDIDATE NEEDS 5 YEARS MINIMUM EXPERIENCE IN BINDERY SIDE OF PRINT OPERATIONS.
Must have understanding of hot and cold glue functions, auto tipping and knowledge of post press production functions.
We offer 401k, all health benefits, and a good starting salary, we are a growing print company in Loveland do not miss this opportunity.
Primary tasks will be set-up and operation of the folder/gluer.
Maintenance of folder/gluer.
Supervise crew of folder/gluer.
Complete operator’s report and other reporting requirements.
Maintain cleanliness of floor area.
Minimum of two years of experience in the operation of folder/gluer.
Must be willing to work rotating day/night shifts (10-12 hours).
Bobst Folder Gluer And/Or Bobst Die Cutter Operator
We are an independently owned and operated manufacturer of corrugated packaging and POP displays. We currently have an opening for a first and second shift folder gluer operator. This position will be responsible for all activities related to the
Bobst Folder Gluer.Folder Gluer
-Set up equipment and run efficiently
- Inspect raw material and finished product as well as printing and cutting dies
- Preventitive maintenance
- Adjustments to machine as necessary
- Recommend Improvements to management
Ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
-Specific knowledge related to the machine and it's capabilities, and safety requirements.
- Experience running specialty folder gluers (3 years).
- Ability to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
Bobst Die Cutter
• Set up and run Bobst Diecutter based on production schedule to include pre-make ready of job, setting up tooling and locking dies.
• Program Diecutter via Cube.
• May be necessary at times to assemble stripping units and blanking units.
• Pre-set tooling for locking dies, stripping unit and blanket unit.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required.
Experience / Education Requirements
-2 Years experience
Highschool or GED equivalent
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Post Folder Gluer Operator
Central Florida Box - KapStone Paper and Packaging ,
A Corrugated Box Manufacturer in Lake Mary, FL
Specializing in Packaging and Printing is seeking a
Post Folder Gluer Operator
2nd Shift 1:30pn to 10:00pm
We are looking to invest our time and efforts for the right individual who is willing to work hard, be reliable and give 100% effort on the job. This is an excellent career opportunity for the right individual that is willing to make their mark with our dynamic & growing company.
POSITION TITLE: POST FOLDER GLUER OPERATOR
REPORTS TO: Production SupervisorSUMMARY
Responsible for all activities associated with running the POST folder gluer including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accurate and efficient set-up of all folding and gluing operations of the machine in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Minimize waste of sheet stock and glue.
- Properly operate machine to run efficiently and produce quality products.
- Ensure diagonal and corrugator scores are broken when necessary.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Assist in training all Post job positions.
- Learn to run a variety of box styles.
- Check quality of boxes during the run, including - mis-slotted boxes, loose liner, misprints, andany other defects.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
High school diploma or GED.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
3 Years' experience as a First Helper -- Post Folder Gluer.
2 Year s' experience as a Folder Gluer OperatorLANGUAGE SKILLS
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Folding Industry - Gluer Operators
The folder gluer operator is responsible to set up and operate all ancillary equipment related to the folder gluers and effectively lead a gluing crew.
· Jagenberg Diana Pro 114
· Jagenberg 105
· Tamerack Window machine
· Label-aire applicator
- Make ready, operate and maintain folder-gluer.
- Identify, troubleshoot and correct product defects caused by gluers.
- Identify job ticket specifications and set and operate machine to published specifications.
- Identify and make basic repairs to Finishing Department equipment.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on folder gluers.
- Enter production data electronically.
- Be able to fold and glue on multiple substrates (SBS, SUS, CCNB, BC, Plastics).
- Run a folder gluer at high speeds.
- Be able to use hot melt, extrusion and pot adhesive application systems.
- Be able to use label application equipment for security tags, labels and coupons.
- Be able to use bar code scan equipment in order to prevent part mixing.
- Make ready, operate and maintain a rigid window application machine.
- Make ready, operate and maintain a flexible window application machine.
- Make ready and run both in-line and auto-bottom folding cartons
- Maintain housekeeping standards.
- Achieve targeted performance standards on make-ready, run, non-chargeable times and scrap.
- Provide daily feedback to supervision regarding all aspects of shift activities.
- Complete forms, logs, and records as required.
- Adhere to all safety rules.
- Follow direction of Shift Supervisor
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma
- College education preferred
- 3-5+ years in industry specific experience
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient in math, writing and computer skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective interpersonal skills.
- Capable of effectively managing a production crew.
- Must be detail oriented and possess a working knowledge of industry specific information.
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must be able to read measurements (tape, rule, caliper)
· Physical Demands:
- Job function requires lifting to a maximum of 50 pounds with intermittent stooping and bending.
- Job function requires the ability to work in a standing position continuously.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Experienced Folder Gluer Operator
Operate the Folder Gluer machine. Retrieves the job to be glued. Programs the machine and glue system for the specific box die, performs inspection and testing of the product, performs regular/light maintenance duties as per maintenance schedule. Supervises a crew of staff that pack the finished product. Troubleshoots machine, follows machine & workplace safety, food safety and ISO procedures.
Hourly: Gluer Crew Member (Na)
HOURLY: Gluer Crew Member (NA)inRichmond, VAatReynolds Consumer Products Date Posted:2/12/2018 ApplyNot ready to Apply? Job Snapshot
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Richmond, VA
Job Type: Manufacturing
Experience: 1 - 3 years
Date Posted: 2/12/2018 Job Description Job Title:HOURLY: Gluer Crew Member (NA) City:Richmond /State:Virginia Job Description Join Reynolds Consumer Products…a world of opportunities! At Reynolds Consumer Products we are passionate about achieving results and have fun winning as a team! We provide amazing job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun workplace environment. Are you looking to build a strong career? Then we have an opportunity for you! We currently have an opportunity for a Gluer Crew Member at our manufacturing plant in Richmond, VA. Your Role: As a Gluer Crew Member you will be responsible for the quality and productivity in the operation of a metal edger, folder/gluer, case packer & palletizer which produces various sizes of cartons with high end graphics on foil/film or plain board. You will have the opportunity to:
Safely operate edger, gluing, folding, case-packing machine and logs machine activity.
Inspect for quality issues related to carton graphics or structure.
Set-up, operate & adjust listed machines.
Set-up gluer and maintain log, determine operating conditions, make adjustments and correct malfunctions.
May operate hand and fork truck.
Perform other Crewmember functions deemed necessary by management.
Perform general housekeeping You will love it here if…
You pay great attention to details
You enjoy hands-on work
You are looking for an opportunity to grow and advance your career
You enjoy a challenge in solving problems We need you to have:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Safety - Understand and carry out oral instructions; read and carry out written instructions.
Ability to retain and act on oral instructions.
Ability to observe and read instruments gauges, dials and make adjustments.
Ability to estimate size and quantity of objects.
Ability to constantly observe for quality defects as well as subtle problems with machine.
Ability to make simple arithmetic calculations.
Ability to work with minimal or no supervision. Icing on the cake:
Previous manufacturing experience Want to know more? Check out our website or connect with us on LinkedIn! Apply today to join a fast-growing innovative company! Not a good fit but know someone who is? Please refer them! No relocation assistance is available for this position. Only local candidates will be considered. Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability. Reynolds Consumer Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is The Law Poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf The Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html The poster and the supplement can be found on this link. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm For applicants or employees who are disabled, or require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, you may request assistance by calling us at (847)482-3550or email Recruitment@ReynoldsBrands.com. No recruiter calls or emails please.
Folder Gluer Helper (Assembler) 77064
Responsible for assisting the operator in a timely manner with a high regard for quality and safety. DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE POSITION:
This position involves the ability to take direction from the machine operator to assist in the set up and running of orders. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: This position requires ability to read a tape measure.
This position requires the ability to read English. The individual in this position must be able to work both independently after training and under direct supervision. Sense of urgency is required.
Bilingual not necessary but a plus. Any corrugated or printing experience a plus. The role requires occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
Overtime and some weekends required. Candidates must pass background check. Convictions will be reviewed on a case by case basis; convictions will not necessarily bar a candidate's employment.
Second Shift Gluer Operator
Second Shift Gluer Operator Tracking Code 37318 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic binding machines (perfect binders), multiple station collators and multiple folding units, either individually or combined) to perform the full range of standard and specialized folds of printed materials. Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used. Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock. Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines. Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Job Location West Chester, Ohio, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible Yes
Folder Gluer Backup Operator
ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE) Menasha Corporation is all about possibilities. Our two businesses, Menasha Packaging and ORBIS Corporation, are leaders in their industries, providing corrugated and plastic packaging products and related services to major global companies.
Our employees make the difference, proving that great ideas, collaboration and quality turn possibilities into success. Working at Menasha Corporation means that your insights provide cutting-edge solutions for our customers. If you like to make things happen and are passionate about what you do, you’re going to want to be here.
Join us and become part of the power behind possible. Shift
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!