Grain Mixer Job Description Sample
Mixer I (Bonded Abrasives)
At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us. Saint-Gobain Abrasives manufacturers and distributes high quality abrasive products to engineering, distribution and retail markets in the UK. We are the world’s leading abrasives manufacturer and the only international supplier of abrasives that manufacturers each of the 3 major types of abrasives: Bonded Abrasives, Coated Abrasives and Diamond products. With a strong presence in every continent the Abrasives Division serves its customers through structured sales operations in over 26 countries and employs nearly 16,000 people globally. Abrasives forms a key part of the High Performance Materials Division of Saint-Gobain, which is one of the 5 key areas of activity in which Saint-Gobain operate. Mixer I operates or tends machines and/or manually mixes or re-screens materials such as abrasive grains, ceramic materials, chemicals, resins and/or other compounds to prepare mix for Mixer II and/or Molding functions.
A minimum of high school degree or general education degree (GED).
Some computer skills preferred.
This position requires up to 3 months’ work experience to become proficient in all phases of the job to work independently.
Receives/retrieves and measures various types of material in small to large quantities stored in various containers (i.e., 40-pound containers, 50-pound bags, bulk bags, totes, large drums, hoppers).
Works with array of raw and/or previously mixed materials for a limited role in the entire mixing process such as screening, re-screening product or preparation of the bond material for handoff to Mixer II and Molding function.
Receives well-defined work orders/recipe information via computer or hardcopy. May input work results in computer.
Operates various size re-screeners, automatic screening machines, mixers, large blenders, paint shaker, and other equipment specific to their business to prepare mix and/or to eliminate lumps and balls from previously mixed materials to prepare mix for product making steps. Aged mixes are re-screened before being used for molding to soften the grain mix.
May work with accuracy feed systems, scales and various measuring equipment to obtain, weigh, measure, and/or adjust materials and products to ensure conformance to work order.
Adds or mixes materials for processing using hand tools or other devices. Places materials in the automatic screener, re-screener or mixer manually or via hoist, fork truck, and/or hopper.
Utilizes various screening or re-screening equipment to screen materials per specifications.
May use hand tools to dislodge and clear jammed materials or other items from machinery and equipment.
Cleans machinery, workspace, and tools using vacuum, hose, hands and various hand tools.
May drive fork and or hand/stand trucks to transport supplies, materials and finished products between work areas Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Lead Ingredient Mixer Controller - 2Nd Shift
Job Title: Lead Mixer Controller 2nd Shift (3:30pm to midnight) - Flexible to work OT as needed
Starting Pay: $18-$20hr based on experience
This position is responsible for leading a team of mixers and preparing various dry mix products for packaging and sale.
· Act as lead for the 2nd shift Mixing crew
· Help prepare various dry mix products for packaging and sale
· Read/interpret mixing schedule and implement
· Operate forklift to transport and stack ingredients
· Weigh up ingredients per batch sheet and mix schedule
· Provide QA with product samples
· Document mixing activity
· Maintain clean work environment
· Must also be able to communicate in English
· Know how to perform routine maintenance tasks
· Must be available to work off shifts.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must have high school diploma or GED
· 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience with mixing ingredients a plus
· Previous experience as a lead or supervisor required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong communication skills with the ability to delegate and lead a team.
· Good familiarity with the product and pack quantity.
· Good familiarity with code dating.
· Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Use of broom and trash bin.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
· Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, darkness and/or noise. Seasonal exposure to weather elements includes, but is not limited to, extreme temperatures, wetness and humidity.
· Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks such as working around mechanical equipment, forklifts, chemical hazards, and electrical hazards.
· Position requires the ability to stand at the will-call window, sitting frequently at a desk, walking around the office and plant; carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; reaching and kneeling on a daily basis. Also requires the ability to see, hear and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
· Personal protective equipment, as defined by C.H. Guenther and Sons will be provided.
· Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
Grain Location Manager
Job Description: s: Co-Alliance is seeking a Grain Location Manager for our Union Mills, IN location. This position is responsible for the operations and profitability of the assigned Grain Elevator. The role includes customer service, employee supervision, facility and equipment optimization, financial management, and short/long term planning for the location. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects essential functions for this position. Senior Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Supervise and develop office personnel and outside crew in the operations of the elevator.
Optimize facility operations for maximum efficiencies, while being responsive to the needs of our farmer owners and processor customers.
Assist in the hiring and training of elevator personnel, including annual evaluations.
Manage facility financial results, including expense budgeting and assisting with sales merchandising decisions.
Ensure grain quality and condition meets grade and expectations.
Manage facility assets, including preventative maintenance, repair, and equipment replacement.
Promote safety awareness, and ensure compliance with safety policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
Uphold a clean facility environment, and ensure compliance with housekeeping policies, procedures, and standards.
Support grain originators, and grain origination efforts.
Support Grain Division goals and objectives, including the development and implementation of location long term and short term plans.
Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations. Required Experience: Ideal candidate should have a degree in a related field and 5+ years of hands-on Grain Location Management experience. This position will require an excellent command of the following: leadership, problem solving, self-motivation, organizational skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook). The considered candidate will have a confident and courteous manner, established leadership skills, and a strong commitment to employee safety. The candidate must be able to hear and speak clearly, read, comprehend and communicate orally and in writing. Position requires standing and walking for long periods, climbing stairs and ladders, and working with tools, working within close-confined spaces and working within extreme temperatures. Keyword: Grain Location Manager From: Co-Alliance LLP
Summer Host(Ess)/Cashier, Fire And Grain
Job Description: This position assists in overseeing guest service and satisfaction at our new restaurant Fire & Grain located at Hershey Lodge. This is a seasonal position for the summer beginning April/May. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends and Holidays based on operational need.
Job Functions: * Greeting guests upon arrival in the restaurant and seating guests in accordance with their requests and server rotation
Completing opening and closing procedures, including cash control and settlement of guest charges
Coordinating reservations and seating charts
Overseeing service, safety, and sanitation to ensure quality; and responding to guests' questions, requests and concerns.
* Must be at least 16 years of age or older
* Previous restaurant service experience preferred.
Ability to operate point-of-sale computer and calculator.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations and handle cash.
Proven employee/guest relations, communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
Professional image representative of company image.
Working Conditions: * Physical requirements include standing (up to 100% of shift), walking, bending, stooping, hearing, speaking and finger dexterity.
The ability to communicate effectively in a loud environment.
Ability to work a flexible eight-hour shifts during breakfast, lunch and dinner meal periods according to operational needs, including weekends and holidays. Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity EmployerLocation: Hershey Lodge
Interest:* Food & Beverage
Hourly Wage:* $8.50
Senior Sales Manger, Grain Group - Clymers, IN
Position OverviewLeads execution of sales and marketing plans and strategies for an assigned product/business segment, geography, or national accounts for the Grain Group located in Clymers, IN. Key Responsibilities Selects, develops and motivates a professional sales team.Prepares and recommends annual plans for line items that apply to the assigned area such as sales, volume (bushels, tons, gallons, etc.), gross profit, expenses, capital requirements, etc.Identifies key customers/prospects and market segments by collecting relevant data to align customer needs with products/services and strengths of the sales team.Pursues and supports all opportunities for the sales team to engage current customers and prospects to develop exclusive relationships and meet established team and individual goals.Monitors performance against plan for indicators that apply to the assigned area such as sales, volume (bushels, tons, gallons, etc.), fee income, gross profit, and expenses to identify variances and take corrective actions if needed.Provides marketing, customer service, and technical input to leadership teams to ensure tactical actions, processes, policies, plans and strategies are aligned and adjusted/improved as needed. What is expected of you and others at this level
Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives Minimum Qualifications and SkillsBachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred7-10 years relevant experience required This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time.
All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons Statement of Principles. This role provides the opportunity to lead a business that has a developed in the market where there is strong synergy between customers and The AndersonsThis position is leading 5 direct reports; ideal candidate would have strong leadership skills and is enthusiastic about growing others; people leadership experience (minimum of 3 years) is required
This position includes regional travel (car and plane) at 20%Grain experience preferred, and fluent in all types of cash grain contracting products is essential #LI-LC1 Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.VEVRAA Federal ContractorRequest Priority Protected Veteran ReferralsEOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO
Trade Assistant - Grain
Provide support in handling various purchases, sales, and freight of commodities. Tasks typically include inputting transactions into system, troubleshooting concerns on various transactions and shipments, working with customers, and monitoring accounts receivable. May work on special projects as needed. Prepare reporting for trading desk. Ability to understand business and operate/maintain the business systems applications.
Essential Job Functions: * Coordinate transportation, billing, contracting, and inventory control for all assigned locations
Maintain contact with assigned customer accounts
Data entry and management of all assigned customer orders, shipments, and customer correspondence
Manage assigned customer problems with shipments
Maintain current and up to date daily invoicing and various customer/management reports
Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments
Accounts receivables and problem resolution
Other Job Functions: * Sales and accounting support as assigned
Other general administrative duties as assigned Qualifications/Education/Experience/
* Associates degree in Accounting and/or equivalent professional work experience in related field required
Ability to work and interact well with others
Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills preferred, Access skills a plus
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment * 1+ years’ experience in a trading environment preferred, or 3+ years in a business environment
Prior experience with accounts receivable or collections preferred
Ability to work in a team environment
Strong customer service commitment
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures
Ability to maintain confidential information
Strong communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to work at a very detailed level
Ability to work overtime hours as needed * AGRIS experience a plus
Special Demands: * Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time
Position requires operation of a computer and other standard office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator, computer printer and phone up to 90% of the time
Frequently communicates with employees in the office and at remote locations
Requisition Number:* 17-0101 Post Date: 12/19/2017 Title: Trade Assistant - Grain
Growmark Grain Merchandising Internship - Total Grain Marketing - Effingham, IL
COMPANY: Total Grain Marketing SUPERVISOR:
Mike Welbourne LOCATION: Effingham, IL _ WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING_ If you enjoy being outside and are interested in gaining hands-on grain merchandising experience, then we can’t wait to talk to you! We are looking for a Grain Merchandising Intern that is eager to go above and beyond helping our customers. A few key areas of emphasis include:
Learn how cash basis values fluctuate daily and track changes accordingly
Assist Commodity Risk Consultant with marketing research and information analysis
Conduct a market study to identify prospective new accounts and end-user destinations _ WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE_ · You are pursuing a Bachelor's Degree at a 4-year university · You are currently in your junior year · You are in good academic status _ WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE_ · We value relationships and people first and foremost · We are a company that gives back to the community · We emphasize sustainability practices and stewardship of our resources · We enjoy access to in-house training and leadership development opportunities _ WHAT YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT US_ The GROWMARK Internship Program has been in existence for 59 years. The program has given over 1,150 students the opportunity to explore career paths and develop professionally; many of which still call the GROWMARK System “home” today!
Mixer Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Description This full time position is located in Franklinton, LA. No relocation assistance is provided. At Cargill Aqua Nutrition we provide customized animal nutrition solutions to customers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hard working individuals like you. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day. We also believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best so as part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. This will help us understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. This position is responsible for the manufacturing and shipping of animal feed. Responsibilities include:
Run multiple pieces of equipment, i.e, batching mixers, pellet mills, grinders, grain cleaners; receives ingredients by truck and rail, monitors ingredients inventory levels.
Manufacture products to ensure that they meet specifications, and HACCP requirements.
Run Logics Real-time equipment. Schedule production based on customer demands. (Mixer)
Schedule runs per FDA guidelines.
Safety - responsible for safety of themselves and teammates.
Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
Must be able to read/comprehend English
High School Graduate or Equivalent
Good Math Skills
Good mechanical aptitude
Demonstrated ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling and pounding with hammer.
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
Must be able to operate machinery
Ability to work overtime, holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
Basic computer skills
Able to work in elevated areas
Able to operate heavy equipment
Prior experience in production related work Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-LA-Franklinton
Req ID: FRA00452
R&D Project Manager- Grain Based Foods
- Responsible for Grain & Dough projects in the Retail and Food Service businesses.
- Provides leadership for product development stages from concept to successful launch of new products and current product improvements in coordination with other functional departments.
- Partners with Procurement, Technical Services and Operations to optimize, validate and commission raw materials, formulations, processes and manufacturing equipment.
- Completes full project follow-up with necessary project documents.
- Collaborates with the R&D Director to build and optimize the Grain & Dough product development strategy, including the advancement of an innovation agenda.
- Responsible for controlling cost through smart formulation and processing, and creation/execution of cost savings projects.
- Advises/Assists all departments including but not limited to QA and Tech Services as needed on any technical issues relating to the Grain & Dough products.
- Ensures products are developed in accordance with food safety principles.
- Ensures compliance with food regulations with particular focus on food labeling by managing the review and corrective activities involving the Regulatory group.
- Conducts competitive market assessments with direct experience in the ideation, development, process management and commercialization.
- Stays current with the bakery industry, and relevant technologies critical to future success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology Sciences, Food Engineering or Food Science (Biology or Chemistry acceptable with relevant job experience).
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience working in Bakery, Grain and Dough applications.
- Demonstrated record of successfully delivering results against goals within the scope of the bakery industry.
- Experienced with stage gate process as well as process implementation and management.
- Strong experimental design and formulation experience
- Broad basic knowledge of Food Science/Food Chemistry and Nutrition
- Understanding of product/process interactions
- Understanding of product/package interactions and basic key packaging properties
- Understanding of GMP, HACCP & Shelf Life & Modes of Spoilage
- Understanding of basic statistical principles
- Understanding of critical-to-quality packaging criteria
- Basic business acumen and knowledge of COGS
- Basic knowledge of labeling regulations including nutrition panel creation
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge and ability to navigate specification management software is a plus (eg Oracle PLM for Process.)
- Ability to effectively manage a high volume project load
Grain Buyer Intern (Marion, OH)
Overview The Grain Buyer Intern will be responsible for assisting with procuring grain from producer customers, commercial accounts and managing a customer database for the biorefinery. The team member in this position will monitor the competitiveness of cash grain bids and policies and also develop and build strong customer relationships. Grain Buyer Interns will need to be aware of CBOT grain prices and be able to understand current market news; local, U.S. and World S&D and other fundamental and technical market factors in order to talk intelligently to customers about the market outlook. Grain Buyer Interns will assist with informing management of grain movements and other local news that may impact local buying efforts. The Grain Buyer Intern may also assist the Scale Master and must understand grain weighing and grading procedures and policies. Qualifications To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
Studying towards a B.S. degree in Ag-Business or Marketing; must be a Senior level student.
Experience with the agricultural industry is preferred.
Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team. View Complete Job Description To review a complete job description click here. POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!