Grain Picker Job Description Sample
Grain Sampler - Colby, Kansas
Job Title: GrainSampler - Colby, Kansas
Kansas Grain Inspection Service, Inc. (“KGIS”) is currently accepting applications for full-time Samplers/Inspectors at KGIS’ service point station in Colby, KS. This position is responsible for sampling trucks and railcars to obtain grain samples and prepare these samples for analysis.
Successful candidates will receive on-the-job training to use in obtaining necessary licensing. Candidates must be reliable, have strong mathematical and verbal skills, and the ability to work in all weather conditions. A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a strong work ethic are required.
KGIS is currently offering a Sign On Bonus, as well as a starting wage of $14.00 per hour with potential for an increase after the successful completion of six (6) months of employment. KGIS offers a great benefit package which includes 401(K), health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave.
For additional information, please contact Frank at (785) 462-8347.
R&D Project Manager- Grain Based Foods
- Responsible for Grain & Dough projects in the Retail and Food Service businesses.
- Provides leadership for product development stages from concept to successful launch of new products and current product improvements in coordination with other functional departments.
- Partners with Procurement, Technical Services and Operations to optimize, validate and commission raw materials, formulations, processes and manufacturing equipment.
- Completes full project follow-up with necessary project documents.
- Collaborates with the R&D Director to build and optimize the Grain & Dough product development strategy, including the advancement of an innovation agenda.
- Responsible for controlling cost through smart formulation and processing, and creation/execution of cost savings projects.
- Advises/Assists all departments including but not limited to QA and Tech Services as needed on any technical issues relating to the Grain & Dough products.
- Ensures products are developed in accordance with food safety principles.
- Ensures compliance with food regulations with particular focus on food labeling by managing the review and corrective activities involving the Regulatory group.
- Conducts competitive market assessments with direct experience in the ideation, development, process management and commercialization.
- Stays current with the bakery industry, and relevant technologies critical to future success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology Sciences, Food Engineering or Food Science (Biology or Chemistry acceptable with relevant job experience).
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience working in Bakery, Grain and Dough applications.
- Demonstrated record of successfully delivering results against goals within the scope of the bakery industry.
- Experienced with stage gate process as well as process implementation and management.
- Strong experimental design and formulation experience
- Broad basic knowledge of Food Science/Food Chemistry and Nutrition
- Understanding of product/process interactions
- Understanding of product/package interactions and basic key packaging properties
- Understanding of GMP, HACCP & Shelf Life & Modes of Spoilage
- Understanding of basic statistical principles
- Understanding of critical-to-quality packaging criteria
- Basic business acumen and knowledge of COGS
- Basic knowledge of labeling regulations including nutrition panel creation
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge and ability to navigate specification management software is a plus (eg Oracle PLM for Process.)
- Ability to effectively manage a high volume project load
Grain Originator Trainee - York, NE
As a Grain Trainee at Central Valley Ag, your responsibilities will include assisting the grain merchandisers and grain specialists by performing customer service duties, buying grain from producers and working towards mastering CVA's grain contracts and offerings. You will work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation and long-term account goals in line with Central Valley Ag's brand, vision, and values. CVA views the Grain Trainee position as a transitional role from entry level to a Grain Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Originates grain in accordance with Central Valley Ag's overall position utilizing
merchandising principles and risk management tools.
Begins to establish/develop a customer base with strategic customers and prospects through direct personal contact and support in an assigned territory.
Conducts on-farm sales calls that identify the customer's needs and engage in
whole farm solutions from Central Valley Ag.
- Educates producers on the benefits of utilizing CVA's risk management tools
to mitigate risk for their operations.
- Follows the Cooperative's grain marketing policy which includes bids based on
various transportation, margins in cents per bushel or percent based on
settlement prices plus interest, storage and other costs, amount of owned
inventory or open grain position at any time, price later contracts, sales and
hedging contracts (limits) and deferred payment contracts; grain bank policy and rates; drying rates and shrink discounts.
- Stays abreast of market trends, Central Valley Ag's credit policy, competitor
practices and customer behavior.
- Maintains accurate records using Central Valley Ag's CRM tool for all sales and
prospecting activities, including sales calls and follow-up activities.
- Identifies the customer's preferred method for communication and utilizes
technology to make it easier and more effective to do business with Central
- Communicates with all Central Valley Ag Location Managers, operational support
staff and sales professionals in sales territory to promote cross selling.
- Represents the CVA brand by building trust, valuing others, communicating
effectively, driving execution, fostering innovation and problem solving, focusing
on the customer, collaborating with others and demonstrating a high degree of
- Other duties as assigned.
Must possess d emonstrated leadership skills and high integrity.
Ability to communicate in a professional manner and establish effective working
relationships with internal operations and external customers required.
- Must have the a bility to research and prepare analysis to respond to internal and
external inquiries in a timely, professional and thorough manner.
- Must have the a bility to multi-task several assignments simultaneously and establish
Must possess the i nitiative to consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
Ability to read and interpret documents required.
Must have the ability to develop content for customer/patron and prospect
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting, Finance, Agriculture, Agribusiness or
related field required.
- P roven background in profitably purchasing grain from farmers and commercial
elevators for ethanol production required.
- Clear understanding of grain marketing including hedging, basis analysis and flat
pricing grain required.
- Demonstrated understanding of grain accounting and contract recordkeeping
Solid business profit management experience required.
Proficiency in Excel required and must possess the ability to learn AgriCharts.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license.
Must have or be able to obtain a Series 3 license.
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY USED IN THIS POSITION
Software: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, CVA's CRM Tool
CORE COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION
- Maintains a work environment that is safe for everyone.
- Customer Focus
- Actively looks for ways to help customers.
- A dheres to moral and ethical principles.
- Works well with others to achieve a common goal.
- Financial Accountability
- Takes responsibility for the way money and resources
are used and managed.
- I ntroduces new ideas, devices, or methods.
INDIVIDUAL COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION
- Positive Outlook
- Displays optimism at all times. Stays positive and remains
upbeat. Notices and acknowledges things that are going well, especially during
stressful times. Faces problems head on and will make productive changes to
- Sales Account Management
- Develops sales account plan by building account
profile (vision, key strategies and objectives). Connects and navigates making
key contacts. Completes sales opportunity analysis by identifying customer
needs, challenges, buying criteria and decision-making process. Develops sales
strategy, identifying challenges and resources. Develops sales tactics and sales
plan. Builds proposal and presents to the customer.
- Product Knowledge
- Has an excellent understanding of product lines that are
offered by knowing their purpose, how the products work, how long they are
likely to last, price, how it compares to similar products, how it compares to
competitors' products and strengths and limitations of the products and uses
that knowledge to optimize sales with each customer.
- Relationship Building
- Develops contacts and relationships which are internal
and external to the organization and facilitates work efforts or to gain support
and cooperation from others. Understands the significance of networking. Shows
an interest in what others have to say and acknowledges their perspectives and
ideas. Has earned the respect of team members and customers.
- Results Oriented
- Balances and satisfies the needs of all employees, customers,
and suppliers as well as those with a financial interest in the organization to
achieve excellence. Is driven by the end result and wants to do more.
Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities, and results are not the
same. Achieves meaningful results without having to be told what the desired
results should be.
- Personal Accountability for Safety
- Behaves in a way that demonstrates Safety
as a top priority. Immediately informs a supervisor about any unsafe working
conditions. Does not hesitate to address co-workers that engage in unsafe work
habits. Leaves others with the dear impression that Safety is a core value of this
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR THIS POSITION
Able to balance
Use of hands to finger, handle or feel
Reach with hands and arms
Must be able to lift and/or move at least 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met in order to perform this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Assists internal and external customers with sales and questions, including but not limited to providing market quotes and discussing market trends.
2. Monitors and maintains product inventory through inspection and providing direction to various clerks as to work to be done and answering questions they may have.
3. Coordinates with various departments to ensure efficient and accurate operations.
4. Reviews and prepares operation documentation including various reports for internal and external use.
- Minimum 10 Year Experience with a major grain company and established book of business
- Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Skill in effective written and oral communication.
- Skill in mathematical computation.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to organize employee work schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Ability to maintain high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
Bottom line requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree?
2. 10+ years of experience with a major grain company and established book of business?
3. Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines?
4. Experience with Montana grains?
Grain Dryer Assembly
A Manufacturer of quality Grain Dryers located in Frankfort, Indiana has an immediate need for Assembly persons to join their team! These are full-time positions with opportunity to direct hire after 500 hours, assembling grain bins/dryers on a 1st shift. Pay up to $16.09/hour!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Some construction experience helpful but not necessary
- Excellent mechanical ability
- Experience using hand/power tools - must be comfortable with all types of pneumatic tools
- Ability to climb in and out of tight spaces
- No fear of heights!
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a consistent basis
- Ability to read/write English a must!
Interested applicants, please apply Monday- Friday, 7 am- 4 pm at
2449 E Wabash St- Frankfort
215 Alabama St- Lafayette
1309 W South St- Lebanon
Millwright / Grain Service Work
millwrights ,welder, Perform Basic troubleshooting on grain and ,seed treating Equipment ,24hr service ,bases Electrical troubleshooting. must have a valid driver license , must be able to travel
Growmark Grain Merchandising Internship - Total Grain Marketing - Effingham, IL
COMPANY: Total Grain Marketing SUPERVISOR:
Mike Welbourne LOCATION: Effingham, IL _ WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING_ If you enjoy being outside and are interested in gaining hands-on grain merchandising experience, then we can’t wait to talk to you! We are looking for a Grain Merchandising Intern that is eager to go above and beyond helping our customers. A few key areas of emphasis include:
Learn how cash basis values fluctuate daily and track changes accordingly
Assist Commodity Risk Consultant with marketing research and information analysis
Conduct a market study to identify prospective new accounts and end-user destinations _ WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE_ · You are pursuing a Bachelor's Degree at a 4-year university · You are currently in your junior year · You are in good academic status _ WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE_ · We value relationships and people first and foremost · We are a company that gives back to the community · We emphasize sustainability practices and stewardship of our resources · We enjoy access to in-house training and leadership development opportunities _ WHAT YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT US_ The GROWMARK Internship Program has been in existence for 59 years. The program has given over 1,150 students the opportunity to explore career paths and develop professionally; many of which still call the GROWMARK System “home” today!
Senior Sales Manger, Grain Group - Clymers, IN
Position OverviewLeads execution of sales and marketing plans and strategies for an assigned product/business segment, geography, or national accounts for the Grain Group located in Clymers, IN. Key Responsibilities Selects, develops and motivates a professional sales team.Prepares and recommends annual plans for line items that apply to the assigned area such as sales, volume (bushels, tons, gallons, etc.), gross profit, expenses, capital requirements, etc.Identifies key customers/prospects and market segments by collecting relevant data to align customer needs with products/services and strengths of the sales team.Pursues and supports all opportunities for the sales team to engage current customers and prospects to develop exclusive relationships and meet established team and individual goals.Monitors performance against plan for indicators that apply to the assigned area such as sales, volume (bushels, tons, gallons, etc.), fee income, gross profit, and expenses to identify variances and take corrective actions if needed.Provides marketing, customer service, and technical input to leadership teams to ensure tactical actions, processes, policies, plans and strategies are aligned and adjusted/improved as needed. What is expected of you and others at this level
Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives Minimum Qualifications and SkillsBachelors Degree required, Masters Degree preferred7-10 years relevant experience required This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time.
All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons Statement of Principles. This role provides the opportunity to lead a business that has a developed in the market where there is strong synergy between customers and The AndersonsThis position is leading 5 direct reports; ideal candidate would have strong leadership skills and is enthusiastic about growing others; people leadership experience (minimum of 3 years) is required
This position includes regional travel (car and plane) at 20%Grain experience preferred, and fluent in all types of cash grain contracting products is essential #LI-LC1 Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.VEVRAA Federal ContractorRequest Priority Protected Veteran ReferralsEOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO
Trade Assistant - Grain
Provide support in handling various purchases, sales, and freight of commodities. Tasks typically include inputting transactions into system, troubleshooting concerns on various transactions and shipments, working with customers, and monitoring accounts receivable. May work on special projects as needed. Prepare reporting for trading desk. Ability to understand business and operate/maintain the business systems applications.
Essential Job Functions: * Coordinate transportation, billing, contracting, and inventory control for all assigned locations
Maintain contact with assigned customer accounts
Data entry and management of all assigned customer orders, shipments, and customer correspondence
Manage assigned customer problems with shipments
Maintain current and up to date daily invoicing and various customer/management reports
Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments
Accounts receivables and problem resolution
Other Job Functions: * Sales and accounting support as assigned
Other general administrative duties as assigned Qualifications/Education/Experience/
* Associates degree in Accounting and/or equivalent professional work experience in related field required
Ability to work and interact well with others
Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills preferred, Access skills a plus
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment * 1+ years’ experience in a trading environment preferred, or 3+ years in a business environment
Prior experience with accounts receivable or collections preferred
Ability to work in a team environment
Strong customer service commitment
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures
Ability to maintain confidential information
Strong communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to work at a very detailed level
Ability to work overtime hours as needed * AGRIS experience a plus
Special Demands: * Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time
Position requires operation of a computer and other standard office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator, computer printer and phone up to 90% of the time
Frequently communicates with employees in the office and at remote locations
Requisition Number:* 17-0101 Post Date: 12/19/2017 Title: Trade Assistant - Grain
PT Host(Ess)/Cashier, Fire And Grain
Job Description: This position assists in overseeing guest service and satisfaction at our new restaurant Fire & Grain located at Hershey Lodge. This is a part time year round position. The working schedule for this position may include days, evenings, weekends and Holidays based on operational need.
Job Functions: * Greeting guests upon arrival in the restaurant and seating guests in accordance with their requests and server rotation
Completing opening and closing procedures, including cash control and settlement of guest charges
Coordinating reservations and seating charts
Overseeing service, safety, and sanitation to ensure quality; and responding to guests' questions, requests and concerns.
* Must be at least 16 years of age or older Additional
* Previous restaurant service experience preferred.
Ability to operate point-of-sale computer and calculator.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations and handle cash.
Proven employee/guest relations, communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
Professional image representative of company image.
Working Conditions: * Physical requirements include standing (up to 100% of shift), walking, bending, stooping, hearing, speaking and finger dexterity.
The ability to communicate effectively in a loud environment.
Ability to work a flexible eight-hour shifts during breakfast, lunch and dinner meal periods according to operational needs, including weekends and holidays. Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity EmployerLocation: Hershey Lodge
Interest:* Food & Beverage
Hourly Wage:* $8.50
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!