Grainer Machine Job Description Sample
Technical Machine Operator
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operator instructions
- Basic troubleshooting responsibilities
- Through training…
- Performing setup work on injection molding machines. This includes cleaning of molding machines and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of machines according to part being produced and color changes.
- Setting up auxiliary equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Cleaning hoppers and grinder, purging old material
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
Pay Rate: $22/Hour
Schedule: 3rd shift
Standard Background Check
Targeted Start: ASAP
Production Technician – Level C is responsible to help support the operational effectiveness of Fiber Production. S/he will operate production equipment, maintain tooling and equipment, transfer consumable materials from inventory to production, and support in special projects as required. The Level C Technician will work directly with the Team Leader to ensure operational goals and objectives are either met or exceeded.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate 3D printers
- Operate plastic extruder
- Install tooling and initiate fiber production when a line needs to be started.
- Enter process information into production computer.
- Alter consumable materials.
- Monitor operational equipment.
- 3 years experience with heavy machinery
- Can work on your feet and multi-task through different projects and assignments
- Good vision
- Can lift 50+ lbs 2-3 times per shift
- Strong attention to detail
- Parameter recording and data recording experience
- Comfortable wearing PPE and working around heated surfaces
- USMC MOS 63XX, 64XX,06XX,2871
- All Electronics Technician Navy Enlisted Classifications
- Army MOS 94F 15N
- Air Force 2A5X3
- Technical skills: ability to set up test equipment as defined by a documented Test Procedure.
Please send your resume in a Word or PDF format for immediate consideration.
Software Engineer Co-Op, Machine Learning - Spring Semester
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week for Spring semester.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the following:
- End-to-end pipeline for annotation, training and deployment of machine learning algorithms
- Services and dashboards for training progress and validation metrics
- Crowdsourcing pipelines for collecting internal and external annotations
- Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning (ML) applications
- Work with product owners and customers on understanding their learning applications, assisting with integration and providing ML expertise
- Produce high quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Conduct technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Candidate must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 0-2 years of machine learning experience
- Previous software development experience
- Experience in the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning
- Image processing
- Creating clean C++ code
- Object-oriented design
- Rapid development and prototyping in Python
- GPU compute
- Familiarity with at least one of the following, or similar platforms:
- MXNet, Caffe, TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Dlib, scikit-learn
Machine Operator-Food Manufacturing
- Responsible for proper safe operations of the packaging equipment, as well as GMP requirements.
- Responsible for running the packaging lines as per Production Supervisor instructions.
- Provides leadership to general labor crew by giving direction and feedback in order to hit daily production schedules and goals.
- Responsible for flavor changes.
- Perform the necessary machine settings, change tools including Hoppers, Augers, Can Twisters.
- Adjust label sizes and fill weights for different containers.
- Load rolls of film on machines.
- Per shift, maintain equipment clean, weigh charts every half hour and record keeping as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State labor laws.
- Comply with HACCP and GMP protocols for Production.
- Perform QC protocols as required by supervisor.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements as trained.
- Team member must ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement.
- Follow GMPs, SOPs and safety rules in order to maintain a safe, quality conscience work environment at all times.
- Notify the Supervisor of any packaging deficiencies and any food safety violations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year recent food manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Good mathematical aptitude, with ability to add, multiply, subtract, and divide.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly.
- Available to work overtime when needed.
- Ability to lift, stand, and stoop for long periods of time.
- Team player, action oriented and problem solving abilities.
Data Scientist: Machine Learning - FS Poly
Our client is the sole-source prime on a key multi-decade Data Science program that is the real deal: real data, real impact, real consequences. Some of their teams report directly to the DIRNSA. You will be surprised by both the scope and the depth of work. They have a vast amount of data of all types and all forms. Open-ended exploratory tasking gives this program a research feel, but our client's success and reputation is based on deploying and operationalizing analytics. The data alone gets most Data Scientists excited, but here they also build models that predict the future. They are operationally focused on detecting and preventing espionage, terrorism, sabotage, insider threat, and malicious attacks to national security assets. They support the highest priority cases using mathematical and statistical methods to identify and triage threat vectors in multiple dimensions.
Our client is seeking Data Scientists and Predictive Modelers / Analysts with various specializations to join their advanced multi-disciplinary team. In addition to a strong salary and excellent benefits packages, other perks include an employee stock ownership program, work/life/learning balance that includes paid time in the office for technical presentations (with nicely catered lunches), standing/sitting desks, gym membership stipends, and a very strong focus on professional development of staff.
To be considered for this team, you will need the following:
- US citizenship plus current TS/SCI + FS Poly (CCAs cannot be considered)
- BS and 5+ yrs of relevant experience (MS or PhD preferred and can count toward experience)
- Professional focus on Data Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, NLP, Predictive Modeling, or similar discipline
- Experience with R, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS, Rapid Miner, or similar tools
Background in any of the following is beneficial:
- People-centric analytics (human behavior, user activity, risk ranking, psychology, security, CI, etc.)
- Supervised and unsupervised learning techniques (neural networks, regressions, clustering, segmentation, etc.)
- Link analysis and related topics
- Analytic software development in Python, Perl, R, Java, or other languages
This opportunity is located at Ft. Meade, MD and sites in the surrounding area.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Data Science"
Panel Saw Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Sr. Machine Learning Software Engineer - FS Poly
You've heard the stories about smaller firms in the IC with the developer-driven cultures, premium salaries, and surprising flexibility. The tales often also include stellar medical plans with 100% paid premiums, beefy retirement contributions, and plenty of good technical work. Many companies claim these attributes, but the ones that back it up are few and far between. Our client checks all the boxes. Founded and run by engineers, they've grown by meeting and hiring other talented engineers. Their goal is to provide the ideal workplace to support the mission. If you are interested in fully-cleared software development, Big Data/Cloud technologies, DSP work, or Embedded roles, it may be time to talk with our client and see how close they've come.
They are seeking a Sr. Machine Learning Software Engineer to join their team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar (or additional experience)
- 7+ years of professional experience
- Experience with Java
- Ability to maintain operational (SaaS) cloud systems and data flows
- Ability to design and implement software products and systems that will effectively and efficiently process and manage big data
- Experience with concurrent programming
The work is located in the Annapolis Junction area and requires a Full-Scope Polygraph.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"
Perform operation of TOSHIBA TUE 150S- to produce parts in accordance with specifications, Knowledge of Fanuc and Mazak Controls, Ability to interpret and Edit G-code programs .
- Set up and run processes on weldments, plates, castings, and similar work with a wide variety of dimensions.
- Use Measurement devices such as micrometers to hold close tolerances
- Read and interpret engineering drawings in order to hold given work from drawings, blue prints, customer specifications, work orders and/or job layouts
- Use basic shop math to calculate dimensions, angles, and offsets
- Comply with all safety and environmental regulations
- Set up and operate other production machines as required
- Minimum 2 yrs experience as CNC Machinist
- Working with large parts a plus
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of machine shop theory
- Knowledge of standard procedures and shop mathematics
- Troubleshooting Skills
- HS diploma or equivalent
We are an equal employer opportunity
Will discuss benefits at time of hire
Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
- Mid to Senior level developer who has worked in full stack web development. 3+ years building commercial maintainable web applications.
- Experience with middle tier server application development, using one or more high-level languages, like Java, PHP, Python, Ruby.
- Experience with relational database design and SQL.
- Demonstrable capability of learning new technologies quickly, for example, new programming languages or new web frameworks.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where change and adjust are the norm.
- We pay 100% of the cost of both your medical and dental premiums directly to the insurance companies
- Establish an HSA to cover any out-of-pocket expenses you may incur that are not covered by the insurance
- Employee parking/MBTA costs
- Host lots of fun all-company events
- Fully stocked kitchen
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!