Granulator Tender Job Description Sample
Back Tender / Paper Machine Tender - (Shelby Expansion)
Clearwater Paper Corporation is seeking experienced Machine Tenders and Back Tenders to support paper machine operations in our Shelby, NC plant. Successful candidates will have a minimum s of one (1) year, High School diploma or GED, and knowledge of manufacturing processes. A combination of experience in the following areas is also desirable: Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment. Willing to work rotating shifts/overtime. Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills, solid computer skills, operate high speed equipment after an initial training period. Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience. Ability to communicate effectively in a team or self-directed work environment. Key responsibilities are not limited, but include:
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Familiar with Lockout/Tagout policies as well as Confine Space policies
Assist with control room operating duties, such as blade changes and machine sheet breaks
Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery or notify appropriate individuals as necessary to correct production problems
Assist in Continuous Improvement projects, such as 5S events and Kaizens
Assist during maintenance outages and felt and wire changes
Move finished rolls, chemicals or other materials to and from storage or production areas and loading docks with material handling equipment
Familiar with DCS for Machine Operations
Familiar with Wet end and Dry end components of a Paper Machine
Understand operations of a small gas fired Boiler – boiler startup and boiler water testing
Adjust Paper Machine Process To Maintain Quality Centerlines Of Paper
Direct Team Members In Daily Operations Of Paper Machine
Assist Quality Department during trials
Train Team Members in Paper Making Process and Back Tender Responsibilities
Perform Responsibilities as a Relief Control Room Operator
Enter Work Orders Into JDE Work Order System To Identify Equipment In Need Of Repairs
Work With Maintenance and E&I Department in Completing Work Orders
Manage Team on down Days If in Control Room operator position
Able To Prioritize Several Situations At Once
Other duties as assigned Required qualifications and competencies:
High school education or GED required + 2-5 years experience working as Back Tender
Problem solving ability
Good reading, writing and verbal skills
Basic computer skills
Self-Motivated Additional experience preferred:
Achievement of technical skills in all positions on the paper machine
Prior DCS (Distributive Control System) experience
Tissue paper experience This position requires working in all areas of the paper machine. Lifting, bending will be required. The area is hot and loud. There are slipping, tripping and falling hazards, as well as in running nips and suspended loads. Compressed air, steam, lubrication oil and hydraulic fluid will be used in the paper machine area. Travel for this position is minimal, but may be occasionally required. Overtime is required to complete critical tasks and meet deadlines. Req No.: 2017-3144 External Company URL: http://www.clearwaterpaper.com
Automated Machine Tender
Job Description This position is responsible for assisting in the manufacture and production of specified products and goods. This position requires a variety of work including, but not limited to packaging, inspection and rework of parts and finished goods.
1. Assists in manufacturing and producing products and goods using automated assembly equipment as directed or explained in related work instructions.
Performs gaging and documentation where applicable. 2. Operates assigned automated equipment including but not limited to supplying the machine with components, unjamming the machine, and packing completed parts 3. Places identification into each container of parts or finished goods unless alternate method has been established 4.
Stops process, isolates suspect material and alerts mechanic, quality assurance, or supervision if problem is found 5. Cleans assigned machine and work area 6. Moves any defective parts or assemblies to specified scrap containers
Additional Responsibilities: 1. Performs and records applicable in-process inspections 2. Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities: * Must have the ability to work well with one’s hands
Must have the ability to successfully complete on-the-job training program Education & Experience: * High school diploma or equivalent
Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred
Work Schedule: 12 hours shift Mon
Thurs 6:00 pm
6:00 amLeviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Job category: Manufacturing / Production / Opera...
The Roll Tender assists in the operation of lithographic printing presses which produce quality inserts meeting internal and external customer needs.
The Roll Tender’s job functions include ensuring product produced meets job specifications and quality standards, ensuring paper splices are prepared and adequate for continual press operation, visually inspecting press impressions, performing preventative maintenance tasks to keep presses in good working condition, properly and accurately reporting paper usage by recording the date, job, roll number, original weight, and actual weight used, and organizing the work area to maintain a safe and clean environment.
Essential Job Functions:
Assists in the operation of the litho presses (e.g. make ready, perforation cuts, mounting of plates, paper change, etc.) in order to ensure that the product produced meets the job specifications and quality standards.
Ensures paper meets job specifications and paper splices are prepared and adequate for continual press operations.
Visually inspects the press impressions by checking quality that meets job specifications and quality requirements per client.
Performs preventative maintenance task (e.g. lubricating the press, cleaning the presses, replacing filters, cleaning ink rollers, dampeners and the blankets and inspecting and replacing water filters, pressure rollers, image cylinder, etc) regularly to keep equipment in good working condition.
Properly and accurately reports paper usage by recording the date, job, correct roll number, original weight, and actual weight used.
Organizes the work area to maintain a safe and clean environment; everything has a place everything should be in place.
Understands departmental procedures and policies.
Past experience working on web fed presses.
Knowledge of terminology, job flow, job tickets and comply with the quality standards for the Press area.
Basic math skills.
Strong mechanical aptitude and mechanical trouble shooting skills.
Ability to operate fork and clamp truck strongly preferred
Good communications skills both oral and written.
Must be able to communicate with Supervisors, other operators and mechanics.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Please apply by sending resumes or come in during our walk-in times.
2124 Silvernail Road
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Next Level Staffing, Ltd., represents a full-service staffing company that specializing in staffing clerical and industrial positions. Review our website at or call us at for additional information.
Drag Tender Operator
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH EMAIL!!!
APPLY through this link ONLY!!!! https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WEEKMARI&cws=40&rid=150
Formed in 2016, North American Aggregates, LLC (NAA) is a New Jersey based company that supplies high quality sand and other aggregates for road construction, building construction, and clean fill throughout the tristate area. NAA procures its virgin source aggregate from the New York Bay and operates out of its distribution facility in Perth Amboy, New Jersey. The centrally located facility is on the Arthur Kill and proximate to the NJ Turnpike, NJ Parkway and Outerbridge Crossing.
NAA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Weeks Marine, Inc. Weeks is headquartered in Cranford, New Jersey, with additional offices and yards in New Jersey, Louisiana, Texas, Hawaii, Ontario and Nova Scotia. A proven leader in maritime construction, Weeks has successfully completed projects throughout North and South America and employs over 1,600 people.
A Drag tenders is responsible for deck duties including providing a safe, clean vessel for crew members, and is required to comply with safety regulations and procedures to ensure safe and efficient vessel operations. Will also be responsible for training new and inexperienced deck crew.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for operating the drag arm and associated equipment in the proper loading of the dredge
- Responsible for daily inspection, maintenance and repair of the drag arm
- Supervises and evaluates deck crew performance, knowledge and operations
- Coordinates with the Captain to identify crewmember’s performance and create a development plan
- Responsible for all aspects of line handling
- Responsible for vessel maintenance and housekeeping, including meal preparation
- Stands wheel watch as required
- Maintains the vessel exterior in good order including painting or chipping as needed
- Responsible for ensuring a clean sanitary environment aboard the vessel
- Provide assistance as needed to the Captain in checking and inspecting the vessel’s safety equipment.
- Provides support to the engine room as needed per direction of the Captain and/or the Engineer
- Present on deck and within communicating distance at all times while the captain or mate is operating the stern controls
- Follows company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an “incident and injury free” work environment
- 5+ years of experience as Able Bodied Seafarer
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work rotational 12 hour watch
- Ability to work 14 days on, 14 days off, revised as necessary
- Merchant Mariners Credentials (MMC)
- AB Limited Certification or higher
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- CPR/AED First Aid Certification
- Valid US Passport
- Driver’s license
- Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
This Job Description does not cover all the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of North American Aggregates, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
North American Aggregates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH EMAIL!!!
APPLY through this link ONLY!!!! https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WEEKMARI&cws=40&rid=150
Our company has three key divisions—Construction, Dredging and Marine Services—which are bolstered by two major subsidiaries, Healy Tibbitts Builders, Inc. and McNally International, Inc. Our vast reach and deep expertise, combined with the sheer size and diversity of our equipment fleet, enable us to serve as a one-stop shop for clients in both the private and governmental sectors.
Established in 1919, our family-owned company has grown rapidly in recent decades. We continue to strengthen our operations through the acquisition of leading businesses combined with frequent upgrades to our fleet of top-grade equipment. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service, environmental sensibility, operational efficiency and a long-standing commitment to safety.
We are headquartered in Cranford, New Jersey, and manage a network of regional offices in Louisiana, Texas, Hawaii, Ontario and Nova Scotia.
Ditch Tender SUMMARY Supervises supply of irrigation water to the field by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned. Coordinates activities of pump movers. Distributes irrigation water, opens and closes head gates to permit entry of water into main ditches or pipes.
Directs repair and maintenance of distribution facilities. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
Performs activities above described. Keeps records of irrigation and diversions. Reports to work timely ready,
Tap Room Server / Beer Tender
The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for craft beer culture and the ability to grow that knowledge to represent to our patrons. The Tasting Room Server is professional, friendly and works with a sense of urgency.
- Serve Printer’s Ale Manufacturing Company’s craft beers in the tasting room
- Be familiar with promotions, sales and assist with special events
- Fill and sell growler orders
- Be able to answer questions and make recommendations regarding our beer selection.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas. Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Charge tours and merchandise accurately and immediately into the Point of Sale system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change, if applicable.
- Clear and reset tables and clean bathrooms in tasting room.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of inventory and supplies.
- Serve as a tour guide to provide our patrons with knowledge about Printer’s Ale beer, brewing process and elements of craft beer.
- Complete opening and closing duties under the direction of Tap Room Coordinator.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Flexibility to work fluctuating schedule.
- Strong knowledge of restaurant/tasting room operations and service procedures.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Possess basic math skills, possess the ability to handle money and operate a cash register.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Six months of service/hospitality industry experience, as a server is preferred.
- Cicerone certification is strongly desired.
Press Roll Tender (Feeder)
Commercial printer hiring Roll Tenders (Feeders) to join our busy team.
- Assist in the operation of the press by maintaining ink, water and paper in the press
- Keeping all supplies readily available
- Ensure plates are bent and packed
- Position job stock in roll stand
- Minimum one year experience as a Roll Tender (Feeder)
- Ability to complete paper and ink usage reports using a computer program
- Ability to handle physical workload
Banquet Servers & Bar Tender
Banquet Servers & Bartenders
NEW YEAR, NEW CAREER: BARNSLEY RESORT HIRING FAIR
Exciting career opportunities are available at one of the TOP RESORTS IN THE SOUTH (Conde Nast Traveler & USA Today).
JOIN US FOR A HIRING FAIR – SECURE YOUR INTERVIEW. APPLY TODAY TO RECEIVE AN INVITATION
- 100 New Positions Available for our New Inn and Georgian Hall Opening March 2018
Barnsley Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A background check and drug testing are required for employment.
Visit BARNSLEYRESORT.COM/EMPLOYMENT.ASPX to view job descriptions. Please submit an application before career fair.
PHONE 770.773.7480, ext. 2021 • E-MAIL email@example.com
Scope and General Purpose:
To manage the bar area during banquet events in a friendly, professional manner while maintaining the highest possible standard of service.
- With a pleasant, polite, outgoing attitude, take food and beverage orders
- Serve items ordered in a timely manner
- Follow up on Guest satisfaction
- Clear china, silver and glassware after use
- Complete assigned side work duties
- Must be willing and capable of assisting in accomplishing requirements of other job descriptions
- Be able to accomplish all of the above according to prescribed standards as set by Management
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be enrolled in minimum High School or have equivalent diploma
- Basic computer skills (use of POS terminal)
- Outgoing people skills
- The ability to make work related decisions quickly—to reason out possible outcomes and choose/explain the choices to a Guest.
- Pleasant, positive demeanor
- Ability to maintain the effects of stress.
- Ability to retain training and take direction related to that training
- Ability to correctly count money and maintain security for a cash drawer
- Ability to maintain security for the entire bar area
- Ability to read, write and otherwise effectively communicate in English
- Possess the qualities of trustworthiness and honesty
Essential duties require long periods of standing and walking as well as frequent reaching and kneeling, pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting and moving objects 40 lbs or more. The employee must have normal vision (corrected), hearing and verbal communication. The employee must have the ability to multitask, think remember and accomplish multiple task with one move.
Duties are performed in both indoor and outdoor settings, with events often taking place in the elements in all four seasons. Events often involve loud music.
This Job Description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; however it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the 10 Best Southern Resorts by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, 10 Best Spas in Atlanta by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
How to apply:Directly through Zip Recruiter or visit our website employment section at http://barnsleyresort.com/employment.aspx
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.
Manual labor. Outdoors. Stonework. Learn a trade. Build something with your own hands that is beautiful and will last a hundred years.
BF - Boneblack Tender
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®. OVERVIEW The Bone Black Tender works as a labourer within the beginning stages of the refining to ensure that adequate char is processed. This person is also responsible for pulling filters and various other assignments as needed. DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Shovels, sweeps, loads, and dumps boneblack.
Opens, closes, and cleans seal tank to include draining and closing drains, raking and screening.
Cleans dryers, main flue, cyclone, and other equipment as well as surfaces, such as steps and floors.
Transports and washes filter blankets.
Files, depiles, and rearranges bags; hauls empty bags.
Picks up boneblack spillage and disposes of it as specified.
Loads, unloads, dumps, and hauls materials used in the Refining Operation.
Opens and closes drier doors; rods driers; facilitates a steady flow; cleans screens on driers.
Removes and replaces cooler tubes; cleans cooler and tubes and fills with regenerated boneblack; drains and cleans cooler hopper.
Fills sacks with discard boneblack, weighs and ties to specifications.
Takes samples as directed, carries to laboratory, and returns empty bottles.
Removes spent char from filter upon notification by Liquor Runner and prepares filter for next cycle.
Opens, cleans, and closes various equipment.
Notifies Kiln Leader when boneblack is dumped to run.
Informs Liquor Runner when filter is ready for use.
Changes screens in hummers, using necessary tools as assigned.
Performs all jobs in accordance with established safety practices and sanitation standards. WORK EXPERIENCES
At least one year of experience in an industrial setting required EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED is required ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES) • Ability to learn char drier system, • Ability to use necessary tools • Must be able to perform assigned duties diligently. • Effective communication with others is required • Must have ability to stand, bend, climb, reach, lift, and walk through work area • Must have ability to handle sacks up to 100lbs. effectively • Ability to work in hot, humid, and dirty environment
Must be able to work rotating shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed LOCATION OF ROLE
Chalmette, LA Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!