Greenskeeper Ii Job Description Sample
Greenskeeper I & II (Seasonal)-Elyria
Valley of the Eagles Golf Club in Elyria, OH is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of seasonal Greenskeepers I & II. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Greenskeeper:
Minimum Qualifications for the Greenskeeper:
Greenskeeper - Part-Time - Santa Clara
Greenskeeper / Encinitas Ranch Golf Course
Greenskeeper / Encinitas Ranch Golf Course
- Encinitas, CA Greenskeeper / Encinitas Ranch Golf Course
- Encinitas Ranch
- Golf Maintenance
Encinitas, CA, USA
Depends on experience.
Full Time Medical, Dental, Vision options + more - please see benefits tab. JC Resorts has an exciting opportunity for a reliable, safety-minded
Greenskeeper who possesses strong attention to detail. Working at our Encinitas Ranch Golf Course in Encinitas, this role will be responsible for maintaining optimal condition and appearance of golf course turf and planter areas. Well known for the Rancho Bernardo Inn, Surf and Sand Resort and a variety of Southern California's premium golf properties, JC Resorts has been a proven leader in the management and operation of golf and resort properties since 1971. Our diverse entities are united by the same authentic vision
- MAKING MEMORIES. EVERY GUEST. EVERY TIME. That means impeccable service without stuffiness, attention to detail without stifling formality and comfortable accommodations without the trace of pretentiousness. We revel in the unique and offer a customized approach to maximize the performance individual properties while enhancing their distinctive character. JC Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
What You Get to Do:
Satisfactorily complete as directed all routine greens maintenance and gardening assignments
Maintain as directed the professional appearance and operating condition of greens cups, ball marks, sand traps, cart paths, etc.
Receive, load, unload and store as directed, materials weighing up to 80 lbs.
Maintain the highest possible standards of greens appearance and safety.
Efficient, detail oriented, reliable, safety minded with high quality standards for production and service.
Experienced in the use, maintenance and repair of all relevant tools and equipment.
Working knowledge of planting and fertilization practices and experience in greens maintenance and gardening preferred.
Medical, Dental and Vision benefit options.
Employee meals and beverages.
Discounted resort hotel stays; comped and discounted golf rounds.
Employee discount at resort and other golf property's restaurants, gift shops and golf shops.
Plus more! Please
click here at http://www.appdocs.com/jcresortshr/files/GREENSKEEPER GARDENER.(FT).pdf to review full job description.
JC Resorts https://jcresorts.applicantpro.com
WELCOME TO JC RESORTS
Benefits + Share this Page
As a vital role to the Golf Courses and Grounds Team, a greens person is responsible for the maintenance and care of the golf coursese and grounds under th the supervision of the Director, Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents for the The Los Angeles Country Club.
Possess a valid driver’s license
The ability to repetitively walk, push, pull, lift, twist, squat and bend
The ability to lift 50lbs plus regularly
Maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance
Working with the team performing all aspects involved with the maintenance of the golf courses and grounds at The Los Angeles Country Club. To included, but not limited to the following:
Physical demands are required for this position including: heavy lifting and manual labor.
While performing this job, the employee will be required to work in inclimant weather from time to time. To include, but not limited to sun exposure and cool rainy conditons.
The Club’s History
In the fall of 1897, Southern California’s newest sport, golf, arrived in Los Angeles in what was destined to be an important and influential manner. A group of dedicated and enthusiastic residents of Los Angeles organized a voluntary association, which would lay the groundwork for The Los Angeles Country Club.
In fact, several golf courses were developed on different locations by the group before property was secured and building was started at the Club’s current location. After years of planning, the new Club located just outside of Beverly Hills, officially opened on May 30, 1911. Its stately Clubhouse, tennis courts and 36 holes of golf have served as the Club’s home ever since.
In 2010, a redesign of the iconic North Course was unveiled after the completion of a project to restore George Thomas’ great design. Gil Hanse was charged with balancing the unique architectural vision of the North Course with the functionality necessary to sustain its design details well into the future. The North Course now enjoys national recognition as one of the most beautiful and challenging courses in the country.
2015 saw the beginning of two additional renovation projects to prepare the Club for the upcoming years. In 2016, the 104 year old Clubhouse will reopen its doors after a yearlong Restoration project led by Johnson Fain Architectural Firm. The South Course will also be ready for golf play after an extensive renovation and redesign once again led by Gil Hanse. Preparations are now underway that will showcase The Los Angeles Country Club’s 36 hole golf courses and Clubhouse as an exceptional host for the 46th Walker Cup Matches in September of 2017 and the United States Open in June of 2023.
Members of The Los Angeles Country Club enjoy outstanding golf and tennis programs along with a robust social calendar of events. The Club is regarded as an oasis in the middle of Los Angeles with members who appreciate the history and traditions of their Club.
Greenskeeper - Full Time Position Available
More Experienced Greenskeepers may also have some or all of the following responsibilities:
Maintains golf course turf and grounds
Job Duties and
(Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at the sole discretion of Sycuan Management at any time)
- Maintains golf course turf and grounds by tilling, cultivating and grading new turf areas, applying prescribed amounts of lime, fertilizer, insecticide, and fungicide, mowing rough and fairway areas at designated cut, cutting turf on green and tee areas, digging and raking ground to prepare new greens, grading and cleaning traps, repairing roadbeds, setting up tees and hole locations, trimming decorative trees and brush, and watering turf and grounds as needed. - 80%
- Maintains safe work and storage areas by observing all applicable local, state and federal safety guidelines and codes while using tools, and organizing and storing tools and equipment. - 20%
Education and Experience:
- CA Drivers License in good standing
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Golf course turf and grounds experience
- Turf Management Certification
- Ability to operate weedeaters, blowers, edgers, and other related equipment
- Ability to operate tractors and skiploaders
- Ability to drive light duty vehicles
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel and reach
- Ability to interact effectively with team members and guests
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to appear for work on time
Greenskeeper (1) Golf Course Maintenance Operator (Full-Time Position)
The position of Greenskeeper (1) is an entry level position within the Golf Course Maintenance Department. The desired candidate will be someone who enjoys working outdoors and is a team player.
Include but are not limited to:
- Raking Sand Traps
- Walk Mowing Greens
- Walk Mowing Tees
- String Trimmer Operation
- Edger Operation
- Walk Spreading Fertilizer
- Maintaining Landscape Beds
- Operating Watering Hose
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Able to withstand working in heat, rain, sun, and cold
- Able to work around fertilizer and registered pesticides
- Must be able to work alternate weekends and rotating holidays
- Full-time - (permanent - not temporary or seasonal)
- Overtime ($15.00 hour) for hours worked over 40 in a regular week
- Medical, Dental and Life insurance benefits after 60 days
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401k plan
We are a Drug Free Workplace & an Equal Opportunity Employer
NO phone calls or walk-ins please ! NO exceptions !
- Maintains course accessibility and appearance using power and hand tools to perform activities such as: mowing, weeding, edging, set up and raking sand traps, laying sod, planting trees, shrubs and flowers
- Uses tools and/or chemicals to perform weed abatement, pest control, irrigation, and cultivation and proper drainage activities
- Maintains the appearance of all green areas by changing cups, tee markers and tee towels, emptying trash containers, and maintaining ball washers
- Operates and maintains utility vehicles and equipment following company safety standards and manufacturers recommendations
- Observes and reports to manager any potential agronomic and maintenance equipment problem issues
- Sprays and fertilizes course greens
- May perform on-site repair of green maintenance equipment
- May train, direct, and evaluate the work of other Greenkeepers as directed
- Maintains good working relationships with co-workers
- Helps maintain a safe and orderly maintenance shop
- Implements and supports all AGC initiatives and programs as requested by management
· Other duties may be assigned by management.
Our vision is to maintain a strong foundation in an ever changing and evolving marketplace through solid relationships with our clients and candidates. Our number one priority and commitment is to provide a service which enables our clients to attract and retain the very best people available, and our candidates to fulfill their career potential.
We are committed to stand out among our competitors and be the one and only choice for staffing solutions. We approach all client projects to the highest ethical and professional level
Greenskeeper @ Charleston Municipal Golf Course
Job Description Schedule varies and includes: Monday-Thursday 6:00am-2:30pm; Fridays 6:00am-Noon; Every other weekend 6:00am-9am or 10am. Schedule will vary with holidays and tournaments. Maintains grounds and turf of golf course in playing condition as directed by Greens Crew Leader by performing the following duties.Operates tractor to till, cultivate, and grade new turf areas, to apply prescribed amounts of lime, fertilizer, insecticide, and fungicide, and to mow rough and fairway areas at designated cut, exercising care not to injure turf or shrubs. Operates hand or power mower to cut turf on green and tee areas. Connects hose and sprinkler systems at designated points on course to irrigate turf. Digs and rakes ground to prepare new greens, grades and cleans traps, and repairs roadbeds. Plants, trims, and sprays trees and shrubs. Performs other duties as assigned. Requires: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related experience would include landscape work, grounds maintenance and horticultural work. Experience operating a tractor is preferred.Valid state issued driver's license. Branch: Municipal Golf Course (James Island)
Location:* Charleston, SC
Division:* Municipal Golf Course
Job Status:* Full-Time
Rate of Pay:* $12.87 / Hour
Closes On:* February 23, 2018 at 05:00 PM EST
Greenskeeper Helper - Yosemite - Big Trees Lodge Summer 2018
About Aramark Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play.
United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The main purpose of this position is to assist in maintaining the golfing green, grounds and facilities of the components in accordance with Aramark Parks and Destinations brand standards of quality. This includes landscaping and maintaining property by utilizing hand or power tools or equipment.
The Greenskeeper Helper will perform a variety of tasks, which will include any of the following: mowing, trimming, planting, watering, digging, raking, shoveling, sprinkler repair and installation, and spreading seed and sand. This position will have duties outside being exposed to various weather conditions.
Essential Functions: • This is an outside position working in all types of weather: rain, snow, cold, or heat. • Job requires the use and training of power equipment to include but not limited to chain saws, weed whacker, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, electrical clippers, pruning saws, mower, pressure washer, and portable generators along with small power and hand tools. • Maintain the properties by keeping them green, raked, and watered. • Mow lawns, transplant vegetation, and prune • Irrigate greens, tees and other areas. • Repairs ball marks on greens. • Changes cups, tee markers, tee towels; empties trash, maintains ballwashers, etc. • Repairs divots and re-seeds tees and other areas. • Grades and prepares soil and lays sod, plants trees, seeds turf, etc. • Rakes and maintains sand traps. • Assists in the construction of new greens, tees, fairways and other landscaping. • Safely operates and properly maintains light utility vehicles and powered equipment. • Cultivates and maintains trees, shrubs and flowers. • Maintains traffic control devices – barriers, ropes, etc. • Does other related work as required. • Provide the upkeep of the sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters, or other grounds features • Maintain parking lots, pathways, terraces, and patios by sweeping and picking up litter • Coordinate special floral and fruit requests and arrangements • Shovel snow from sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters and surrounding areas • May be required to cut brush, fill potholes, clean campsites, clean fire pits, and perform light road maintenance. • Maintain landscape in and around Lodging • Meet Environmental objectives and targets that will be communicated through Aramark. • Inventory and maintain all gardening equipment • Perform other work as assigned.
Status and Scope:
Facilities Manager or Facility Maintenance Supervisor
• Speak, read, and write English. • Lifting and carrying 50 pounds • Constant bending and movement • Must have basic math skills • Must have full working knowledge of landscaping trade. • Knowledge of native High Sierra Flora and previous gardening experience of 6 months • Must know local flora and fauna along with the fertilizers and insecticides allowed to be used in the park • Assist in designing and replacement of all planting and trail areas as needed. • Assist with daily work orders and projects, including grounds labor when required. • Employee will be aware of environmental objectives and targets within their department and how the objectives and targets affect their job performance. • Must have valid Driver's License and be at least 21 years of age. • Must have a working knowledge of hand & small power tools. • Must have good communication skills.
Chainsaw, cart, weed whacker, PPE, pallet jack, hand truck, telephone, hand held radio, company motor vehicle, various other tools and landscaping or maintenance equipment
Little or No Travel (10%)
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds Physical
BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING FREQUENT HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING FREQUENT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING CONSTANT Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!