Grinder Job Description Sample
We are seeking a skilled Straightener for our client based in Lancaster NY!
Primary Responsibility: Straighten knives mainly with hammering methods and also some pressing, correctly fill out all job related paperwork including, but not limited to, time sheets, job routers, maintenance logs, etc.
Other duties and responsibilities
The Straightener must be proficient in basic math skills and previous experience with measurements and calipers is a plus!
Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
Shift times run as follows;
1st shift (1): Monday-Friday 6am-4:30pm
1st shift (2): Monday-Thursday 6am-4:30pm
2nd shift: 4:30pm-3am
Pay Rate will be based on experience and is negotiable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Setup, adjust and operate reciprocating or rotary wheel table-type surface grinders to impart finish and dimension to flat surface on standardized/repetitive work requiring some degree of skill to maintain tolerances and finish requirements.
- Wheel-types, table travel rates and wheel speeds, work supports and securing arrangements prescribed or standardized.
- Mount holding fixtures, use magnetic chuck or table to secure work and adjust machine to compensate for wheel wear and temperature changes affecting dimensions.
- Work from part drawings, specifications and grinding instructions.
- Use micrometers, indicators, calipers, etc., to make setups, operating adjustments, and to check work.
- Select the proper statistical tools to maintain process control and quality reliability.
- Operate department I/D Grinders, O/D Grinders, Centerless Grinders and Blanchard Grinders
- Monitor and maintain machine coolant and oil levels.
- Become familiar with machine controls, job cards, blue sheets and procedures for next card operation.
- Working knowledge of how to use required gages.
- Must know the start, stop and emergency shut off buttons on machines.
- Sump out machines and maintain housekeeping in within the department.
- Measure and compensate for the fluctuation in parts size.
- Use precision measuring instruments, using blueprints and instructions.
- Maintain ISO-9001 2008 Certification Standards.
- Maintain required production standards
We are an equal opportunity employer.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
All tools are required to be verified and calibrated through the Quality Assurance Department before their first use
Pass required Company pre-screening assessments, possess good problem solving skills and ability to read required gages and tools. Must have a minimum 1-3 years Grinder experience. Machinist Technical School course work and/or mechanical experience desirable. Operate production equipment and the ability to use micrometers, calipers, SPC charting and other gauges. Lift up to 40 pounds without assistance, reaching, bending and standing for long periods of time is also required. Availability for overtime hours and flexibility for schedule changes as needed or required
Benefits to be discussed at time of hire.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!