Grinder Hand Job Description Sample
Grinder - Metal Hand Tools
We are seeking a Grinder of Metal Hand Tools to become an integral part of our team! As part of an established 95 year old company you will be using a belt grinder to finish forged and stamped hand tools including chisels and small pry bars.
- Work SAFELY to assemble grind chisels, pry bars or components
- Rotate through tasks for specific production processes
- Conduct quality inspections on products and parts
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Previous experience in operating belt grinder. manufacturing, assembly, or other related fields
- Familiarity with assembly tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE - COME FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AT 340 BLACKHAWK PARK AVE. - ROCKFORD, IL 61104
A respectful company in the Blairsville area is looking for a Grinder.
2nd shift Monday-Friday
Experience: Hand grinding, similar to auto body/detailing
THIS IS NOT A MACHINE GRINDING POSITION
MUST be able to read blueprints, as you will take a test at the interview with the company.
$11/hr, it will be 37.5 hours a week. 8 hour work day with an 30 minute unpaid lunch
Call for more details 724-853-7710
O.D./I.D. Grinder Hand Needed For Specialty Tool Shop
We are in need of an experienced person to do O.D. grinding between centers and off a chuck. Also helpful if you are capable of doing I.D. grinding on a Bryant I.D. Grinder. We do close tolerance grinding of cylindrical parts. Steady work in a stable work environment. Must be dependable and willing to work Saturdays as required.
Please submit your resume.
This is an immediate opening. Thank you for your consideration. We are in Plymouth, Michigan.
Manual Gear Grinder / Spline Grinder / Broach Grinder
Manual Spline Grinder / Gear Grinder / Broach Grinder
Experienced Machinist Required
2 + years machining experience with MANUAL Spline Grind machine
Must be able to produce components to specifications from blueprints and ensure proper dimensions of finished product and design requirements.
Proficient in the use of calipers and micrometers, Gage Blocks, etc.
Must be able to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
Ability to organize and manage multiple assignments with special attention to accuracy & detail.
MUST BE RELIABLE, Work well with others, self-motivated, team oriented and a problem solver
Strong mechanical aptitude required
Machine assembly experience a plus
We are a full service Machine and Tooling Manufacturer located in Warren, MI
Please send resume to ISI-HelpWanted@live.com
Automation Personnel Services is seeking Grinder Operators for a company located in
1st shift (7am – 3:30pm)
Pay Rate: $10.50 per hour
Inspect, feel, and measure workpieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications.
Study blueprints or layouts of metal workpieces to determine grinding procedures, and to plan machine setups and operational sequences.
Select and mount grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures.
Turn valves to direct flow of coolant against cutting wheels and workpieces during grinding.
Set up and operate grinding or polishing machines to grind metal workpieces, such as dies, parts, and tools.
Dress grinding wheels, according to specifications.
File or finish surfaces of workpieces, using prescribed hand tools.
Perform basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
Remove finished workpieces from machines and place them in boxes or on racks, setting aside pieces that are defective.
Remove and replace worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools.
Fit parts together in pre-assembly to ensure that dimensions are accurate.
Attach workpieces to grinding machines and form specified sections and repair cracks, using welding or brazing equipment.
Duplicate workpiece contours, using tracer attachments.
Inspect dies to detect defects, assess wear, and verify specifications, using micrometers, steel gauge pins, and loupes.
Place workpieces in electroplating solutions or apply pigments to surfaces of workpieces to highlight ridges and grooves.
Straighten workpieces and remove dents, using straightening presses and hammers.
Clean, lubricate, maintain, and adjust equipment to maintain efficient operation, using air hoses, cleaning fluids, and hand tools.
Transfer components, metal products, or assemblies, using moving equipment.
Previous Grinding experience is a must
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs repetitively
Fork lift experience a plus
Drug-screens and background check required
Like us on Facebook (facebook.com/apschattanooga) and send us a message.
423-892-5072 CALL FOR DETAILS
Great benefits to all temporary employees.
Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K
Bonus Opportunity - We are also offering a $25 dollar referral bonus. Both employee and referral must stay on assignment for 30 days to receive payout.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Automation Personnel Services, Inc. has become a Leader in Light Industrial Staffing. Based upon the fact that 94% of the company-wide staffing is light industrial, our expertise in this field far exceeds our competition. We excel in recruiting and screening skilled applicants for light industrial, production and warehouse positions.
SUMMARY: The CNC Cutter Grinder Position is responsible for performing precision smoothing, sharpening, polishing, or grinding of cutting tools (drills, reamers, end mills, slab mills, slotting cutters in HSS and solid carbide). Make or modify cutting tools from blue prints or written instruction. Modify tool holders, boring bars. Anca Walter Machines
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and operate any and all departmental equipment, to recondition standard tooling and/or make/modify special tools
- Set up and operate grinding or polishing machines to grind metal work pieces such as dies, parts and tools
- Select and mount grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures.
- Inspect, feel, and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications.
- Perform basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
- Dress grinding wheels, according to specifications.
- Monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary; stop machines when problems occur.
- Remove and replace worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools.
- File or finish surfaces of work pieces, using prescribed hand tools.
- Turn valves to direct flow of coolant against cutting wheels and work pieces during grinding.
- Compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjust tools to produce specified cuts.
- Inspect dies to detect defects, assess wear, and verify specifications, using micrometers, steel gauge pins, and loupes.
- Straighten work pieces and remove dents, using straightening presses and hammers.
- Attach work pieces to grinding machines, then form specified sections and repair cracks, using welding or brazing equipment.
- Program CNC Walters Grinders
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors, problems or defects
- Keep workspace clean and organized
- Perform work requiring invention, imagination, originality or talent in a recognized field of artistic or create endeavors
- Fully competent with reading blue prints
- Use of inspection equipment (precise measuring tools)
- Follow written and verbal instruction
- Ability to troubleshoot Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- Repairing- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Log in and out of set-up and operation (time management)
- Ability to think creatively, make decisions, and solve problems
- Able to communicate and cooperate with supervisors and peers
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Some college or trade school preferred
- 1-2 years of experience required in the field or in a related field
- 2-4 years of experience preferred
- ANCA, CNC, manual tool/cutter grinding experience or machine operator experience preferred.
- 401K Plan and Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to clearly focus vision.
*BlackHawk Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer
With locations across North America, you have access to thousands of manufacturers supplying a wide range of standard and custom products. Our streamlined distribution program allows you to dramatically reduce your total costs.
We are BIG ENOUGH TO SERVE, and SMALL ENOUGH TO CARE.
Founded in 2010, BlackHawk Industrial implemented a highly aggressive buy-and-build strategy in the fragmented $400 billion industrial distribution market. Today, BlackHawk operates a national network of nine major industrial distribution and supply chain management solutions providers. Our ability to serve a dedicated, growing customer base with resources that go far beyond our typical competitors has earned us a reputation for innovation and leadership in the marketplace.
Grinder Operator - 2Nd Shift
ISCAR METALS, INC., a dynamic and innovative cutting tool company has opening for a Grinder Operator for 2nd shift at our Arlington, Texas facility.
2nd shift: 3:00pm – 11:30pm
Responsible for operating multi-axis CNC grinders (Haas AF Multi-Grind and Ewag Compact) to produce specialty custom carbide inserts, conducting in process inspection, and continuously assuring all products are produced according to engineered specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Operate multi-axis CNC grinding machines
- Grind inserts according to production drawing specifications
- Inspect inserts according to production drawing specifications
- General shop tasks - include, but are not limited to, basic machine maintenance and cleaning
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience operating CNC grinding machines preferred
- Experience with Fanuc and/or Siemens controls preferred
- Experience with AutoCad preferred
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings
- Ability to use precision metrology equipment, to include but is not limited to, vertical comparators with DRO, vision inspection systems, microscopes, and various hand tools.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Diplomacy and ability to function as a member in a team environment
- Must be ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer skills
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Life and Disability Insurance
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
ISCAR METALS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, non-job related handicap or disability, sex, marital status, liability service in the armed forces of the United States, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Celebrating 65 years of Innovation, Iscar is a full- line ISO 9001, QS-9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified manufacturer and supplier of precision carbide metalworking tools. As a result of its high quality and original products, this multinational company is a world leader in supplying metal removal products to major industries, including automotive, aerospace, dies and mold and a variety of mass production industries. Iscar continues to provide the most economical solutions for the metalworking industry. Iscar is currently represented in over 60 countries worldwide.
Iscar's growth continues as a result of innovation and providing its customers with the very latest, most efficient metal cutting technology in the world.
Our USA Headquarters, located in Arlington, Texas, houses our national distribution, customer service and special tooling manufacturing centers. Our technical center for seminars and demonstrations is also located on this campus where we frequently conduct new product and specialty seminars.
Iscar promotes creative thinking and productive teamwork to achieve its business objectives within todays competitive market place. Come join our team, where innovation never stops and job satisfaction is our goal. Iscar provides a full compensation package.
Visit us www.iscarmetals.com
Iscar Metals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CNC Grinder Operator, 55102
Set up and operate cylindrical grinder and to hold close tolerances. Determines operation sequences and programming of parts. Verifies dimensions of ground work piece using measuring instruments. Performs record keeping such as inspection forms and machine maintenance. Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following all safety regulations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Load workpieces into machines manually or using hoists or cranes.
Write CNC Programs for grinding machines.
Set up, operate, and monitor grinding operations.
Test and adjust machine speeds or actions according to product specifications using gauges and hand tools.
Turn controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates, or table angles for specified operations.
Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
Inspect equipment and materials to identify cause of errors or other problems or defects.
Exercise special care and attention to detail to ensure machine is running correctly.
Work with managers to implement Company's policies and business objectives.
Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat, and tidy;
Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by Machine Shop Manager;
High school diploma or equivalent.
Trade school certification.
Prefer minimum 5 years of work experience as a grinder operator with CNC programming experience.
Skills, Specialized Knowledge, and Abilities
Accustomed to working with fine tolerances with metal materials;
Able to interpret engineered drawings;
Able to use a variety of measuring equipment;
Able to work under own initiative;
Able to perform troubleshooting;
Flexible, courteous, friendly, and positive approach;
Discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism at all times;
Physical & Mental Demands
Capable of handling up to 80 lbs.;
Capable of utilizing hand trucks, lifts, and overhead hoists for assistance in handling heavier parts;
Able to work weekends and overtime when scheduled;
Strict adherence to all safety policies;
Must own .0001 indicator and 0-6 micrometer.
Ability to pass background check.
Ability to pass drug test.
The experienced team at Hire Authority, LLC has over 45 years of combined experience in the staffing business. Our business has been built by company referrals and word of mouth. We always take a hands-on approach to the constantly changing needs of manufacturing businesses. We are dedicated to matching the right candidate to the right position.
At Hire Authority, LLC, our mission is to assist employers in obtaining the highest quality employees, both economically and efficiently, by seeking accomplished individuals with a strong desire to succeed.
Our specialty is manufacturing, warehouse, and production such as welders, CNC/Manual Machinist, skilled assembly, etc. But we don't stop there! Here are a few other positions we fill:
*Engineer- Mechanical and Electrical
*Quality Managers/ Inspectors
At Hire Authority LLC. our positions are contract to hire or direct hire opportunities. While on our payroll we offer MEC (Minimum Essential Coverage) also a Health Helper that offers medical, dental, vision, and prescription discount program. We pay the monthly enrollment fee, every month- in order to receive this you must work 30 or more hours a week.
We look forward to hearing from you for your staffing and career needs!
Grinder - Production Worker
Grinder Production Worker needed that works with a high degree of structure and routine direction from the Lead and Manufacturing Supervisor. Pay rate $12.50 per/hr. Possible temp to hire.
Hand and Machine Grinding of metal boxes. Must be able to lift up to lbs occasionally and up to 20 lbs regularly. Must be able to push and pull bins of materials using a manual pallet jack. Must wear eye protection and Safety Shoes.
Review equipment needed and grinding specifications from work orders.
Set up and operate stationary and hand grinders to complete jobs.
Follow safety procedures and keep work areas clean and organized.
Use hand tools to complete assignments.
Check completed work for proper grinding finishes.
Clean welding splatter off parts.
Participate in team activity focusing on process improvement, safety and quality, and problem resolution.
May perform other production duties as needed.
- Willingness to expand production skills through cross training and instruction.
- Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, make proper decisions in the workplace, and apply common sense on a daily basis.
- Communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing.
- Read and write documents in English at a high school graduate level.
- Perform basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, fractions, multiplication, and division.
- Proper use of Machines and tools.
- Six months of manufacturing experience are desirable.
High School Diploma or a GED are required.
Proper use of drills, screwdrivers, air power drills, air hoses, and hammer.
• This is 2nd shift
• Setup and operate grinder to remove excess metal or finish metal surfaces
• Able to handle small hand tools, detail oriented
• Standing for long periods of time; fast paced environment
$14.00- $16.00 an hour
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!