Grinder Operator Surface Tool Job Description Sample
Lathe Operator - Lapping / Surface Grinder
We are seeking a Lathe Operator, and Lapping / Surface Grinder to join our team! You will operate variety of machines and mechanical instruments.
- Operate machine tools to produce precision thread gages
- Modify parts and materials to improve overall production
- Test completed gages to detect and remove defects
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Previous experience in machinery or other related fields (preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with machine tools and equipment
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator - All Shifts
ISCAR METALS, INC., a dynamic and innovative cutting tool company has opening for a Tool & Cutter Grinder Operators - all shifts at our Arlington, Texas facility. If relocating, relocation package & sign on bonus available for the right individual.
1st shift: 7:00am- 3:30pm
2nd shift: 3:00pm- 11:30pm
3rd shift: 11:00am- 7:30pm
Responsible for operating multi-axis CNC grinders (Haas AF Multi-Grind and Ewag Compact) to produce specialty custom carbide inserts, conducting in process inspection, and continuously assuring all products are produced according to engineered specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Operate multi-axis CNC grinding machines
- Grind inserts according to production drawing specifications
- Inspect inserts according to production drawing specifications
- General shop tasks - include, but are not limited to, basic machine maintenance and cleaning
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience operating CNC grinding machines preferred
- Experience with Fanuc and/or Siemens controls preferred
- Experience with AutoCad preferred
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings
- Ability to use precision metrology equipment, to include but is not limited to, vertical comparators with DRO, vision inspection systems, microscopes, and various hand tools.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Diplomacy and ability to function as a member in a team environment
- Must be ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer skills
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Life and Disability Insurance
Equal Employment Opportunity
ISCAR METALS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, non-job related handicap or disability, sex, marital status, liability service in the armed forces of the United States, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Celebrating 65 years of Innovation, Iscar is a full- line ISO 9001, QS-9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified manufacturer and supplier of precision carbide metalworking tools. As a result of its high quality and original products, this multinational company is a world leader in supplying metal removal products to major industries, including automotive, aerospace, dies and mold and a variety of mass production industries. Iscar continues to provide the most economical solutions for the metalworking industry. Iscar is currently represented in over 60 countries worldwide.
Iscar's growth continues as a result of innovation and providing its customers with the very latest, most efficient metal cutting technology in the world.
Our USA Headquarters, located in Arlington, Texas, houses our national distribution, customer service and special tooling manufacturing centers. Our technical center for seminars and demonstrations is also located on this campus where we frequently conduct new product and specialty seminars.
Iscar promotes creative thinking and productive teamwork to achieve its business objectives within todays competitive market place. Come join our team, where innovation never stops and job satisfaction is our goal. Iscar provides a full compensation package.
Iscar Metals is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Surface grinding of carbide inserts and cutting tools, including some form work.
Entry level position or experienced operator, we will train the right individual.
Compensation is $12.00 to $18.00 per hour, depending on experience.
We offer a full benefits package including health Insurance and an air conditioned building.
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator - CA - 166294
Job Title: Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator- CA
Region: CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
Rate: $35 to $45.00 DOE
Duration: 1 year
The Tool Grinder job function is to dress grinding wheels, according to specifications. The Tool Grinder monitors machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary: stop machines when problems occur. The Tool Grinder job function includes inspecting, feeling, and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications. The Tool Grinder sets up and operates grinding or polishing machines to grind metal work pieces such as dies, parts, and tools. The Tool Grinder removes finished work pieces from machines and places them in boxes or on racks; set aside pieces that are defective. The Tool Grinder files or finishes surfaces of work pieces, using prescribed hand tools. The Tool Grinder selects and mounts grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures. The Tool Grinder performs basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts. The Tool Grinder removes and replaces worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools. The Tool Grinder computes numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjusts tools to produce specified cuts.
High School and 6 years relevant experience.
Experience with Operate surface grinders.
Experience with Bushing Fabrication.
10 years' experience.
Need to hold close tolerances, capable of making own set up, able to grind various type cutting tools including HSS/Carbide.
to specification using Cincinnati #2 universal tool & grinders.
Able to operate vertical mill, and manual lathes, CNC a plus.
High school degree.
2nd shift- 1:30PM to 12AM; 4/10 workweek
Visit our web site @ http://www.chiptonross.com/ to get details on over 2500 job openings in 28 states.
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator
PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a candidate for the Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator position located in Palmdale, CA. The Tool Grinder job function is to dress grinding wheels, according to specifications. The Tool Grinder monitors machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary: stop machines when problems occur.
The Tool Grinder job function includes inspecting, feeling, and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications. The Tool Grinder sets up and operates grinding or polishing machines to grind metal work pieces such as dies, parts, and tools. The Tool Grinder removes finished work pieces from machines and places them in boxes or on racks; set aside pieces that are defective.
The Tool Grinder files or finishes surfaces of work pieces, using prescribed hand tools. The Tool Grinder selects and mounts grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures. The Tool Grinder performs basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
The Tool Grinder removes and replaces worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools. The Tool Grinder computes numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjusts tools to produce specified cuts.
High School and 6 years Operate surface grinders Bushing Fabrication All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
1st shift 6:30 am - 3:00 pm Overtime when required
Machinist Blanchard Grinder, Surface Grinder
Looking for an experienced Blanchard grinder operator. Will train someone who has surface grinding experience. Blanchard grinding is similar to surface grinding, but it is higher production and not as tight a tolerance. Requires some knowledge to produce quality work in a timely fashion.
This position will require at least 40 hours per week.
Prospective candidates must be able to;
Perform basic math
Know how to "square up" parts using a vice
Be able to multi-task
Ability to cope with ever changing customer demands
We are Somma Tool Company, located on 109 Scott Rd in Waterbury, Ct.
We are a modern machine shop, have an excellent working environment & fully air conditioned facility located in Waterbury, CT.
We offer "flex-time" and have no bells or buzzers for breaks or lunch.
Salary based on experience & skills.
Benefits include: 401K, Health Insurance, Dental insurance, Paid vacation & Holidays, Life Insurance
We offer "flex-time" and have no bells or buzzers for breaks or lunch.
Surface Grinder / Warehouse - 1St Shift
Set up and operate various surface grinders and band saws. Clean machines on a daily basis. Requires basic blueprint reading skills, the ability to lift 40 pounds, stand 8 hours/day and wear required PPE. Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment and use of fingers and hands to manipulate, handle and feel material/tools.
Do you have experience with using micrometers, indicators, calipers, to make setups? Experience with working on part drawings, specifications and grinding instructions? Want to work as part of an ELITE team? If so we need to talk to you. In this position your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following...Setup, adjust and operate reciprocating or rotary wheel table-type surface grinders to impart finish and dimension to flat surface on standardized/repetitive work requiring some degree of skill to maintain tolerances, Mounting holding fixtures, use magnetic chuck or table to secure work and adjust machine to compensate for wheel wear and temperature changes affecting dimensions as well as all other duties as assigned. The ability to communicate effectively, work well with others, speak and read English are all skills that will make you a success in this position. Starting pay for this amazing opportunity will start at $14.97 an hour. Position is on 1st shift for the first 3 months, after 3 months it may transfer to an off shift. To apply please submit your resume today for immediate consideration. We look forward to working with you.
Perform highly repetitive types of short cycle machine operations associated with quantity production of identical units. Start, stop and feed the machine. Knowledgeable of speeds, feeds and tooling as required. Normally works under close supervision.
- Understands program format, works from operational data, defining and coding tooling, fixture, and machine arrangements.
- Arranges, mounts and secures tooling and fixtures.
- Sets stops and calibrates fixture to appropriate reference points.
- Performs typical machine shop operations which include computer numerical control machines.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Must be able to perform one or more of the following tasks: center less grinding, head diameter grinding and surface grinding.
- Perform inspection of machined products (including documentation of results).
- Complete paperwork as required.
- Adheres to the company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- Physical Strength – must be able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that are 40 pounds or lighter.
- Understanding of company quality and safety standards.
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical ability
- Dedicated, responsible, and reliable
- Ability to read Micrometers
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Production background
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!