Grinder Set Up Operator Centerless Job Description Sample
- Setup and operate OD grinder to produce parts to the customer’s and company’s specifications
- Read and comprehend blueprints in accordance with GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) standards
- Complete first article inspections, and inspect all parts in accordance with a quality plan
- Follow job travelers and setup procedures to maintain efficient and cost-effective operating procedures
- Load material in machines with proper orientation in a safe manner according to company operating procedures
- Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, dial indicators, Arnold Gages, and calipers to inspect machined parts for conformance to drawings and specifications
- Use company in-process inspection plan to detect defective features in a cost-effective manner
- Monitor tool wear and replace as necessary
- Accurately complete applicable job travelers and inspection reports
- Operate machines in a safe manner at all times, according to machine manufacturer and company procedures
- Keep area clean and orderly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year experience operating a grinder, lathe, or mill (CNC or manual)
- Familiarity with dial indicators and Arnold Gages is a plus
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to gather, inspect, and install proper tooling and gaging according to company setup instructions
- Ability to proficiently use precision measuring instruments and industry standard gaging, such as micrometers, dial indicators, Arnold Gages, and calipers
- Ability to multitask; perform, monitor, and inspect multiple processes or features simultaneously.
- Ability to independently identify and troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to read and interpret drawings with standard geometric dimensioning and tolerancing symbols
- Basic understanding of fractions and decimal equivalents, able to perform mental math
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and how to use them in a safe manner
- Reading comprehension; understanding written policies, best practices, and work instructions
- Knowledge of OD Grinder setup: fixturing, wheel dressing, feeds and speeds
- Operation monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to see up close and have accurate depth perception
Lead CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
- Setup, adjust and operate reciprocating or rotary wheel table-type surface grinders to impart finish and dimension to flat surface on standardized/repetitive work requiring some degree of skill to maintain tolerances and finish requirements.
- Wheel-types, table travel rates and wheel speeds, work supports and securing arrangements prescribed or standardized.
- Mount holding fixtures, use magnetic chuck or table to secure work and adjust machine to compensate for wheel wear and temperature changes affecting dimensions.
- Work from part drawings, specifications and grinding instructions.
- Use micrometers, indicators, calipers, etc., to make setups, operating adjustments, and to check work.
- Select the proper statistical tools to maintain process control and quality reliability.
- Operate department I/D Grinders, O/D Grinders, Centerless Grinders and Blanchard Grinders
- Monitor and maintain machine coolant and oil levels.
- Become familiar with machine controls, job cards, blue sheets and procedures for next card operation.
- Working knowledge of how to use required gages.
- Must know the start, stop and emergency shut off buttons on machines.
- Sump out machines and maintain housekeeping in within the department.
- Measure and compensate for the fluctuation in parts size.
- Use precision measuring instruments, using blueprints and instructions.
- Maintain ISO-9001 2008 Certification Standards.
- Maintain required production standards
we are an equal employment opportunity
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
All tools are required to be verified and calibrated through the Quality Assurance Department before their first use
Pass required Company prescreening assessments, possess good problem solving skills and ability to read required gages and tools. Must have a minimum 1-3 years Grinder experience. Machinist Technical School course work and/or mechanical experience desirable. Operate production equipment and the ability to use micrometers, calipers, SPC charting and other gauges. Lift up to 40 pounds without assistance, reaching, bending and standing for long periods of time is also required. Availability for overtime hours and flexibility for schedule changes as needed or required
Rolling Mill Set Up Operator - X1 Day, X1 Aft, X1 Night
This position is for Mytox Manufacturing, a division of Magna Exteriors.
Magna Exteriors, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world's leading suppliers of innovative systems and modules as well as offers a variety of exterior and interior mirror systems to the global automotive industry. Our focus is on developing technically sophisticated and economically viable products in order to satisfy our customers at any time.
Mytox Manufacturing is a division of Magna International located in Vaughan, Ontario. Mytox is a diverse company with capabilities ranging from engineering services, metal fabrication, Inline Compounding Injection molding and final assembly of sub-components. Mytox supplies products to major OEM's such as FORD, FCA and GM.
Responsible for part quality
Responsible at the end of run for cleaning of rolling mill, removal of rolls, cleaning of them and storing them at the appropriate place
Must have ability to use hand tools and be able to make minor adjustments to operation
Ability to monitor oils and fluids levels
Ability to butt weld ends of coil together to form continuous feed or feed by hand
Ability to operate safely 10 to 40 ton cranes with appropriate sling or chain
Crane certificate would be an asset. If candidate does not have certificate, training will be provided
Must have knowledge of First and Last Off Procedure
Must have knowledge of setting roll tools and achieve section
Must be organized and clean up the area and equipment at the end of the shift
Must be able to communicate issues/problems to area leader or workcell leader
Knowledge of WHMIS/GHS
Good organizational skills, ability to work well without supervision
Any other reasonable request from management
Attend training based on Mytox Internal Training Matrix
Utilizes effective Housekeeping Practices
Adheres to all Mytox safety rules and regulations
Follows all applicable Mytox BOS procedures
Any other reasonable request by management
Knowledge and Education
Must have knowledge on how to inspect rolling mill at the beginning of the shift and to ensure that at all times prior to operation, safety checklist is followed, completed and recorded
Must have knowledge of rolling mill controls and tooling protection or other pieces of equipment to operate rolling mill
Must have knowledge of all Inspection Records, SPC Charts and checking fixtures
Must have knowledge of measuring equipment, such as, vernier and other gauges
Must have experience in starting and shutting down of all equipment necessary to run appropriate rolling mill
Knowledge in rolling mill induction welding
Good English (both written and verbal) communication skills
Basic Mathematical skills
Must be able to work overtime when required and willing to help out when necessary as per customer demands
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Valid forklift license and ability to operate 6000 lb. to 12000 lb. lift trucks. If candidate does not have license, training will be provided
Must have ability to follow written set-up instructions and fill out appropriate papers
Mytox Manufacturing, a division of Magna Exteriors, is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Woodstock And Cumming CNA - Set Wkly Schedule Offers Health Insurance
Georgia CNA License, TB and CPR must be current and active! Immediate Hire. This position starts ASAP.
MUST be able to work 24 hours weekly- no exceptions. This is a set weekly schedule. SERIOUS, DEDICATED and PROFESSIONAL CANDIDATES ONLY. If you are sick every other week, have car issues weekly and do not show up for work on-time, our Agency is not a good fit for you.
Must own your own vehicle to get to and from work, have a valid drivers license, current TB and CPR/First Aid and pass drug screen and background check. Must be able to interview in person Monday 1/21/2019 or Tuesday 1/22/2019 between 8:30AM and 4:00PM at our office in Roswell, GA. We are hiring for 2 cases, one in Woodstock, GA and the other in Cumming, GA. This position is for immediate hire. Must be available to start
Helps patients by supporting personal hygiene and daily living needs; providing comfort, transportation, and vital sign monitoring
Certified Nursing Assistant Job Duties: • Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths. • Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals. • Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records. • Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures. • Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential. • Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements • Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.
Certified Nursing Assistant Skills and
Multi-tasking, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Informing Others, Judgment, Pain Management, Acute/Critical Care
Must pass drug screen and background check with valid driver's license
Georgia Current CNA License
Valid Driver's License
Current CPR and First Aid
Clear background check from your local police department
Negative TB Test
Thread Roll Set Up Operator
The primary function of the Thread Roll Set Up Operator is to set up and run production of thread rollers and other secondary equipment as required.
Setting up and running Thread Rolling machinery
Following work instruction criteria for quality procedures
Checking parts using appropriate gages, dumping pans, and tracking progress
Ensuring product trace-ability through following the "Product Identification and Lot Trace-ability" procedure
Assisting trainees in learning set ups and in troubleshooting when required
Submitting requests for maintenance form when a machine is in need of repair, in accordance with "Maintenance Procedure"
Perform inspections as required in "Production Inspecting and Testing"
Ensuring work area is clean and free of debris at all times and complying with all safety rules and policies. Notifying plant manager of any injury or accident immediately
Attending meetings, seminars and training sessions as required
Making suggestions for continuous improvements
Machine operators have the authority to stop production at any time if the quality of products is found non-conforming, and / or if they feel the process is out of control and incapable of meeting blueprint requirements
Education / Qualifications:
High school or GED preferred
Must be capable of performing thread rolling and other secondary machine set ups
Must know how to use a micrometer, caliper, thread ring gauges and tri-roll thread gauges
Must be capable of reading blue prints.
Basic SPC training is a plus
Good oral or written skills
Basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Ability to apply common sense to solve routine or non-routine problems
Ability to work independently, in team setting, in extreme weather conditions frequently.
Fourslide Set Up Operator I
STANLEY Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within STANLEY Engineered Fastening's automotive division, an opening is currently available for a fourslide operator at our facility in Chesterfield, Michigan.
Basic Purpose and Objective
Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, set-up various sizes and types of slide forming machines to automatically shape parts to blueprint specifications and set-up charts.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Installs progressive die in machine.
Selects and installs various tooling components.
Computes feed length and positions of tooling components to produce quality part.
Adjusts position of tooling components to insure timing and proper metal forming.
Reads measuring equipment such as shadowgraph, micrometers and calipers and related equipment.
Performs minor die repairs to include sharpening and adjustments to maintain integrity of parts.
Runs strip through die.
Moves stock to and from machine
Empties containers of parts and scrap.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Practical application of fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion, mensuration, logarithms, slide rule, practical algebra, geometric construction, and essentials of trigonometry.
Write instructions in moderate to simple sentences to provide manufacturing information.
Turning Set Up Operator
Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Turning Setup Operator I (Contiental Shift) for our facility in Fort Mill, SC to report to the Supervisor. This position is responsible for producing components that exceed customer requirements and expectations.
Key duties include but not limited to:
Operate and provide complex troubleshooting of a modular and/or progressive press machine
Ensure the quality of parts produced to meet the specified print and standard process control guidelines
Monitor the process to ensure a state of statistical control and capability in meeting internal and external specifications
Qualified candidates will have:
Minimum of two years in manufacturing environment operating complex plant metalworking or related equipment. This experience must involve machine set-up and be on the same machine or machine type as will be responsible for after hire
Previous experience as Trainer
Ability to provide examples of previous complex troubleshooting
Strong mechanical background with troubleshooting skills
Strong communication skills
Ability to work overtime to include weekends
Ability to read/complete blue prints
Adhere to 5S standards
High School Diploma or GED
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Kocher + Beck USA, L.P. is seeking a detail-oriented candidate with math skills to operate machinery. Responsibilities include setting up and operating a variety of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to machine metal rotary cutting tools. Other core responsibilities include:
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, specifications and machining parameters. Interpret dimensions and tolerances.
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches.
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, cams, and gears.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Position Type + Hours:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm, 40 hours per week with occasional overtime on Saturdays.
- Attention to detail and strong visual error detection skills.
- Effective time management, communication, multitasking, and math skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Team player who is willing to learn and grow.
- Handle a fast-paced environment and willingness to improve production processes.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least two years of experience.
- Standing for extended periods.
- 100% Health, Dental + Accident Insurance paid for
- Health Savings Accounts, with employer contribution
- 401(k), up to 6% match of your contribution
- Life Insurance, Short + Long Term Disability
- Vacation, Sick Time + Paid Holidays
- Additional supplemental insurances plans are offered
Machinist Set Up
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
J.A. Reinhardt is a B/E Aerospace Company located in the Pocono Mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania with a core competency in brazing technologies, engineers and manufactures quality thermal and mechanical products including avionics chassis, cold plates, complex electronic housings with integrated cold walls, heat exchangers and microwave antennas for military, aerospace and commercial industrial applications.
We specialize in the manufacturing of aluminum brazed assemblies including enclosures, chassis, cold plates and heat exchangers for defense and commercial aerospace industrial markets. Our unique processes go beyond traditional capabilities to provide our customers with durable, highly efficient thermal solutions.
This high-level of service is accomplished by combining an innovative and knowledgeable engineering team with a versatile and reliable manufacturing group. The result is a resource for military, aerospace and commercial customers who need top of the line expertise and product manufacturing.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Machinist Set Up on our Second shift at J.A. Reinhardt Company located in Mountainhome, Pennsylvania.
Under general supervision, fabricates component parts where set-ups are non-routine and tolerance are difficult to acquire and maintain, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Operates and sets up a variety of machine tool equipment to extremely close and complex tolerance including drill presses, punch presses, brakes, sheers, grinders, graining machines, numerical control equipment and other hand and power tools of similar complexity. Reads and interprets blueprints, production diagrams and assembly drawings.
Makes complex measurements and advanced shop math calculations relative to tolerances, dimensions, tooling, feed and speed. May inspect fabricated parts. Checks height, depth and thickness using Vernier, calipers, gauges and other precision measuring equipment.
May prepare recommendations to modify shop math methods or processes, relative to improved productivity and quality. May provide numerical control (NC) program support.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The above is just an example of the challenges and opportunities this position can offer you. The information below will provide you more facts about our company and a few more reasons why you should consider working for J.A. Reinhardt Company.
B/E Aerospace: www.beaerospace.com
If the above description sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please Apply.
Thank you for considering this opportunity and employment at J.A. Reinhardt Company. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!