Grinder Set Up Operator Internal Job Description Sample
OD Grinder With Set Up Experience
DSG is seeking an OD Grinderto join our team! You will operate and repair a variety of machines and mechanical instruments.
- Minimum 5 years Previous experience OD Grinding (ID is a plus!)
- Set Up Experience & Indicator is a MUST
- Familiarity with machine tools and equipment
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to train on 1st shift and possibly move to 2nd shift
Grinding Machine Set-up Operator
Responsible for setting up and tending grinding machines in order to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal pieces. Follows instructions and charts during grinding procedure.
This position will start as contract to hire and move into a full time position within 90 working days.
- Grind external or internal cylindrical tapered surfaces.
- Remove metal by the application of abrasives which are bonded to form a rotating wheel.
- Rough and finish flat, cylindrical, and conical surfaces.
- Read and interpret charts, drawings, and blueprints.
- Determine product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground.
- Collect and assemble required products.
- Determine grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
- Mount grinding wheel.
- Dress wheel according to specifications.
- Use dressing devices.
- Position work rest to specified height.
- Lift or hoist workpieces.
- Confirm ground workpiece has the correct specifications.
- Change worn grinding wheels.
- Check grinding wheels for cracks.
- Utilize micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges.
- Set up automatic work-feeding device.
- Use proper wheel guards on all grinding machines
- Grind nonmetallic materials.
- Observe machine during operation.
Bore Grinder Set Up And Operate
Regal is a global leading manufacturer of efficient electric and mechanical motion control and power generation products with annual sales close to $4 Billion. We are innovative, dynamic, and acquisitive organization with traditional values and high integrity.
Intelligent, creative, and determined people have made us who we are today.We recognize that hiring and developing talent is a key element in our continued growth. We are looking for people with high energy, ambition and commitment to performance excellence. If you are looking for a business environment where people treat each other with mutual respect and dignity and each employee can make a difference and grow with organization, Regal is the company for you.
Join us to help the world run more efficiently! Regal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Regal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.MIDNIGHT SHIFT POSITION - 11 p.m. - 7 a.m.Starting Wage - $16.50 per hour Must be available to work various shifts as needed for training and coverage. SUMMARY:Performs the work necessary to set up and operate three auto load, two hand load or combination of internal grinders including CNC's to simultaneously grind a variety of bearing component parts to a specified size.DUTIES:Working from print or other specifications, sets up hand and/or auto load grinding equipment. Set ups may include removing and installing support rolls, plus indicating; removing and installing pressure rolls, or changing grinding and adjusting part holding shoes, screws or jaws; installing spindles; changing motor pulleys, etc
Sets machine stroke, feed and speeds at predetermined machine cycle time; resets wheel dress assembly, dress cycle, and dress occurrence using mechanical and/or CNC controls, changes, adjusts, or resets auto-load mechanism when used.Grinds "test piece" and gets OK prior to production run.Loads and operates any combination of auto and/or hand load machines up to three (3).Inspects finished parts using a variety of gaging devices and makes required machine adjustments to maintain product specifications.Performs miscellaneous related duties, such as clerical recording, material handling, etc. and maintains cleanliness of machine(s) and work area.Additional duties as assigned.HS/GED and 1 years of industrial machine operating experience .Ability to read prints and use of measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers)Math - fractions and decimalsVEVRAA Federal ContractorRequest Priority Protected Veteran ReferralsEOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO
Snelling is looking for an experienced Grinder Operator for a company in Greenville. As a Grinder Operator you will be responsible for the set up and operation of reciprocating and/or rotary surface grinding machines.
1st and 2nd shift Available
$15.75 - $16.75
Temp to Hire or Direct Hire based on Experience
Grinder Operator must be able to perform and understand the following:
- Safety guidelines
- Machine controls
- Do all finish grinding operations and hold tolerances as specified on all product lines
- Properly clean the machines and area at the end of a shift.
- Use and read precision measuring instruments.
- Fill out and follow control plan requirements and know how to define a good part.
- Make size adjustments as required.
- Change grinding wheels.
- Recognize when the grinding wheels need changed.
- Distinguish between the different mold base plates.
- Identify different steel types.
- Dress grinding wheels.
- Replace dressing diamonds.
- Once fully trained, able to train other employees
Requirements of the Grinder Operator:
- Previous experience as a Grinder Operator and with grinding wheels
- Solid work history showing longevity at past employers
- Reliable transportation - company located in Greenville
Qualified candidates interested in the Grinder Operator position should submit a resume for immediate consideration.
In 2016, Snelling received Inavero's coveted Best of Staffing award in recognition of our exemplary customer service - an honor bestowed on less than two percent of staffing companies in the industry.
Turret Set Up / Operator Brake Or Press Set Up / Operator
- Setup/program CNC turret OR brake press to perform operations in appropriate order to machine parts to specifications following routings, job tickets and blueprints.
- Operate turret or brake presses to form, bend, punch and notch.
- Inspect/check product in accordance with procedures using gauges and measuring tools to ensure print specifications and quality standards are maintained.
- Timely and accurate completion of required paperwork on inspection and operations (job tickets, scrap and daily production records etc).
- Stack and move material as required.
- Make adjustments to machines to maintain dimensional specifications and rework parts as necessary.
- Replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safe operations (machine guarding, proper operation of machinery for safe operation, etc.).
- Train and assist operator as needed on difficult jobs or unusual work instructions and to adjust or re-set work.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
- Maintain meet or exceed rating on all performance evaluations.
- Participate in activities to improve overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge and
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Must possess reading/writing and communicate in English.
- Use micrometers, depth gauges, verniers, layout tools and various hand tools.
- Shop Math.
- Ability to stand and/or walk and use hands 100% of the workday.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and/or twist 50% of the workday.
- Ability to exert physical force to push, pull, lift, and/or carry 50 pounds occasionally.
Superior Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Grinder for a Company in Elk Grove. Company manufactures emergency generators. Must have experience in Grinding and Fabrication. Position is for 1st shift 7 am-330 pm, overtime hours some Saturdays required. Requirements include previous grinding experience and fabrication.
- Background check
- Company participates in E-verify
- Bilingual English/Spanish Speaking
For immediate consideration please submit resume
Blanchard Grinder Operator
Hamilton Precision LLC, a division of Seilkop Industries in the Greater Hamilton area, is seeking a person to operate a Blanchard Grinding Machine per specifications. This is a 1st Shift position, four 10-hour days, Monday – Thursday, with overtime as required.
- Set-up machine according to customer and blueprint specifications.
- Complete required inspection forms.
- Forklift and crane operation to load/unload materials.
- Clean shavings from machine after each cycle.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Mechanical ability/aptitude
- Blue Print Reading
- Ability to operate forklift (maintain forklift certification)
- Ability to operate crane (buttons and pushing/pulling cables from ceiling)
- Adhere to Quality Manual and Procedures
- Follow appropriate work instructions
- Complete required forms and file/report appropriately
- Adhere to safety regulations and policies
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years manufacturing or mechanical experience in related field
Physical / Mental
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
Work time is spent in a factory environment where temperatures fluctuate, and noise levels are low to moderate.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefit package. Benefits include: Vacation, Holidays, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K. Post offer physical and drug screen required
Remedy Staffing has a temp-to-hire Grind Operator position available in Green Bay, WI.
Pay: Based on Experience
Shift: 2nd; 4:15pm to 2:45am
- Operate cylindrical grinder to grind anilox rolls to specification prior to polishing
- Use cylindrical grinder to restore anilox rolls back to OEM specification
- Conduct required routine maintenance on equipment.
- Report any maintenance or product issues to supervisor.
- Maintain neat and orderly work area.
- Run machine efficiently.
- Use overhead crane, or by hand, to load and unload product.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Practice Instructions.
- Other duties when necessary, as specified by production supervisor/management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ grinding experience on CNC/manual grinding, preferred.
- General understanding of machine shop math principals.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to read a micrometer up to .001, preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints, preferred.
- Possess the ability to accurately use and maintain precision instruments to measure diameters, circularity, taper, concentricity, etc., such as, but not limited to; dial indicators and dial calipers.
Operates cylindrical grinding machine to ensure finished products meet established Quality Control Standards.
1. Starts up, shuts down, and operates cylindrical grinding machine.
2. Enters instructions and program mills and lathes including reference points to ensure smooth running of the machine.
3. Uses measuring devices (calipers, micrometers, etc.) to build product.
4. Meets tolerance environments of the machine by setting gauges and measuring instruments appropriately.
5. Ensures daily production schedule is completed.
6. Performs routine maintenance as outlined in procedure.
7. Moves heavy materials with hoist and proper material handling methods.
8. Operates forklift to move products.
9. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
10. Follows safety procedures and reports any accident, incident, or unsafe conditions.
11. Escalates Production and Safety issues to Production Lead or Assistant Production Manager.
Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Position involves walking and lifting up to 30 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day. Operating a forklift, as needed, after properly certified
To learn more about the BOS Staffing please visit www.bosstaff.com
A company in the Greensburg, Pa area is looking for candidates that have machine grinding experience
MUST have at least 3 years of experience operating a machine that grinds carbide
MUST have knowledge of hard and soft carbide
Must be available for all 3 shifts
Pay is Commensurate with Exp
Questions? Call 724-853-7710
OD / ID Grinder Operator / Setup
*Setup and operate OD / ID manual grinders, surface grinders, jig grinder.
*Potentially run TruTech CNC grinder and learn CNC tool grinding on Anca machines
*Must assist in loading other machines to keep them running.
*Must be able to read micrometers, calipers, comparators, etc....
*40-50 hours / week
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!