Grinder Set Up Operator Universal Job Description Sample
OD Grinder With Set Up Experience
DSG is seeking an OD Grinderto join our team! You will operate and repair a variety of machines and mechanical instruments.
- Minimum 5 years Previous experience OD Grinding (ID is a plus!)
- Set Up Experience & Indicator is a MUST
- Familiarity with machine tools and equipment
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to train on 1st shift and possibly move to 2nd shift
Grinding Machine Set-up Operator
Responsible for setting up and tending grinding machines in order to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal pieces. Follows instructions and charts during grinding procedure.
This position will start as contract to hire and move into a full time position within 90 working days.
- Grind external or internal cylindrical tapered surfaces.
- Remove metal by the application of abrasives which are bonded to form a rotating wheel.
- Rough and finish flat, cylindrical, and conical surfaces.
- Read and interpret charts, drawings, and blueprints.
- Determine product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground.
- Collect and assemble required products.
- Determine grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
- Mount grinding wheel.
- Dress wheel according to specifications.
- Use dressing devices.
- Position work rest to specified height.
- Lift or hoist workpieces.
- Confirm ground workpiece has the correct specifications.
- Change worn grinding wheels.
- Check grinding wheels for cracks.
- Utilize micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges.
- Set up automatic work-feeding device.
- Use proper wheel guards on all grinding machines
- Grind nonmetallic materials.
- Observe machine during operation.
Bore Grinder Set Up And Operate
Regal is a global leading manufacturer of efficient electric and mechanical motion control and power generation products with annual sales close to $4 Billion. We are innovative, dynamic, and acquisitive organization with traditional values and high integrity.
Intelligent, creative, and determined people have made us who we are today.We recognize that hiring and developing talent is a key element in our continued growth. We are looking for people with high energy, ambition and commitment to performance excellence. If you are looking for a business environment where people treat each other with mutual respect and dignity and each employee can make a difference and grow with organization, Regal is the company for you.
Join us to help the world run more efficiently! Regal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Regal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.MIDNIGHT SHIFT POSITION - 11 p.m. - 7 a.m.Starting Wage - $16.50 per hour Must be available to work various shifts as needed for training and coverage. SUMMARY:Performs the work necessary to set up and operate three auto load, two hand load or combination of internal grinders including CNC's to simultaneously grind a variety of bearing component parts to a specified size.DUTIES:Working from print or other specifications, sets up hand and/or auto load grinding equipment. Set ups may include removing and installing support rolls, plus indicating; removing and installing pressure rolls, or changing grinding and adjusting part holding shoes, screws or jaws; installing spindles; changing motor pulleys, etc
Sets machine stroke, feed and speeds at predetermined machine cycle time; resets wheel dress assembly, dress cycle, and dress occurrence using mechanical and/or CNC controls, changes, adjusts, or resets auto-load mechanism when used.Grinds "test piece" and gets OK prior to production run.Loads and operates any combination of auto and/or hand load machines up to three (3).Inspects finished parts using a variety of gaging devices and makes required machine adjustments to maintain product specifications.Performs miscellaneous related duties, such as clerical recording, material handling, etc. and maintains cleanliness of machine(s) and work area.Additional duties as assigned.HS/GED and 1 years of industrial machine operating experience .Ability to read prints and use of measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers)Math - fractions and decimalsVEVRAA Federal ContractorRequest Priority Protected Veteran ReferralsEOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO
Turret Set Up / Operator Brake Or Press Set Up / Operator
- Setup/program CNC turret OR brake press to perform operations in appropriate order to machine parts to specifications following routings, job tickets and blueprints.
- Operate turret or brake presses to form, bend, punch and notch.
- Inspect/check product in accordance with procedures using gauges and measuring tools to ensure print specifications and quality standards are maintained.
- Timely and accurate completion of required paperwork on inspection and operations (job tickets, scrap and daily production records etc).
- Stack and move material as required.
- Make adjustments to machines to maintain dimensional specifications and rework parts as necessary.
- Replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safe operations (machine guarding, proper operation of machinery for safe operation, etc.).
- Train and assist operator as needed on difficult jobs or unusual work instructions and to adjust or re-set work.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
- Maintain meet or exceed rating on all performance evaluations.
- Participate in activities to improve overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge and
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Must possess reading/writing and communicate in English.
- Use micrometers, depth gauges, verniers, layout tools and various hand tools.
- Shop Math.
- Ability to stand and/or walk and use hands 100% of the workday.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and/or twist 50% of the workday.
- Ability to exert physical force to push, pull, lift, and/or carry 50 pounds occasionally.
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator - CA - 166294
Job Title: Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator- CA
Region: CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
Rate: $35 to $45.00 DOE
Duration: 1 year
The Tool Grinder job function is to dress grinding wheels, according to specifications. The Tool Grinder monitors machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary: stop machines when problems occur. The Tool Grinder job function includes inspecting, feeling, and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications. The Tool Grinder sets up and operates grinding or polishing machines to grind metal work pieces such as dies, parts, and tools. The Tool Grinder removes finished work pieces from machines and places them in boxes or on racks; set aside pieces that are defective. The Tool Grinder files or finishes surfaces of work pieces, using prescribed hand tools. The Tool Grinder selects and mounts grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures. The Tool Grinder performs basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts. The Tool Grinder removes and replaces worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools. The Tool Grinder computes numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjusts tools to produce specified cuts.
High School and 6 years relevant experience.
Experience with Operate surface grinders.
Experience with Bushing Fabrication.
10 years' experience.
Need to hold close tolerances, capable of making own set up, able to grind various type cutting tools including HSS/Carbide.
to specification using Cincinnati #2 universal tool & grinders.
Able to operate vertical mill, and manual lathes, CNC a plus.
High school degree.
2nd shift- 1:30PM to 12AM; 4/10 workweek
Visit our web site @ http://www.chiptonross.com/ to get details on over 2500 job openings in 28 states.
Superior Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Grinder for a Company in Elk Grove. Company manufactures emergency generators. Must have experience in Grinding and Fabrication. Position is for 1st shift 7 am-330 pm, overtime hours some Saturdays required. Requirements include previous grinding experience and fabrication.
- Background check
- Company participates in E-verify
- Bilingual English/Spanish Speaking
For immediate consideration please submit resume
Blanchard Grinder Operator
Hamilton Precision LLC, a division of Seilkop Industries in the Greater Hamilton area, is seeking a person to operate a Blanchard Grinding Machine per specifications. This is a 1st Shift position, four 10-hour days, Monday – Thursday, with overtime as required.
- Set-up machine according to customer and blueprint specifications.
- Complete required inspection forms.
- Forklift and crane operation to load/unload materials.
- Clean shavings from machine after each cycle.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Mechanical ability/aptitude
- Blue Print Reading
- Ability to operate forklift (maintain forklift certification)
- Ability to operate crane (buttons and pushing/pulling cables from ceiling)
- Adhere to Quality Manual and Procedures
- Follow appropriate work instructions
- Complete required forms and file/report appropriately
- Adhere to safety regulations and policies
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years manufacturing or mechanical experience in related field
Physical / Mental
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
Work time is spent in a factory environment where temperatures fluctuate, and noise levels are low to moderate.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefit package. Benefits include: Vacation, Holidays, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K. Post offer physical and drug screen required
Twinsburg Company is seeking Grinders!!
1st and 2nd shift
1st shift-M-F (7am-3:30pm)
M-F (3:30pm-12am)Tasks & Responsibility:
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude, math skills, and read micrometers.
- Dependable and willing to learn the grinding trade.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- This job includes bending, lifting, moving, and standing.
- Must have worked in a machine shop environment.
Mancan has jobs available in Northfield, Twinsburg, Macedonia, Streetsboro, Aurora, Bedford, Maple Heights, Solon and Cleveland.Apply online at www.mancan.com
Please bring 2 forms of government ID and resume with you.
Mancan Temporary Staffing Employment Agency is located at 500 W Aurora Rd Ste 130 Northfield, OH 44067.
Please call us at 330-467-9675 with any questions.
Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator
PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a candidate for the Tool & Cutter Grinder Operator position located in Palmdale, CA. The Tool Grinder job function is to dress grinding wheels, according to specifications. The Tool Grinder monitors machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary: stop machines when problems occur.
The Tool Grinder job function includes inspecting, feeling, and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications. The Tool Grinder sets up and operates grinding or polishing machines to grind metal work pieces such as dies, parts, and tools. The Tool Grinder removes finished work pieces from machines and places them in boxes or on racks; set aside pieces that are defective.
The Tool Grinder files or finishes surfaces of work pieces, using prescribed hand tools. The Tool Grinder selects and mounts grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures. The Tool Grinder performs basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
The Tool Grinder removes and replaces worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools. The Tool Grinder computes numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjusts tools to produce specified cuts.
High School and 6 years Operate surface grinders Bushing Fabrication All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Lathe Operator - Lapping / Surface Grinder
We are seeking a Lathe Operator, and Lapping / Surface Grinder to join our team! You will operate variety of machines and mechanical instruments.
- Operate machine tools to produce precision thread gages
- Modify parts and materials to improve overall production
- Test completed gages to detect and remove defects
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Previous experience in machinery or other related fields (preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with machine tools and equipment
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
Blanchard Grinder Operator
The Randolph Tool Co. is a leading diversified international company specializing in the manufacturing of Industrial Knives for the Tubing and Textile industries as well as Precision and General CNC Machining. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Randolph Tool combines unparalleled experience and capabilities across all industries. By collaborating with our customers, we help them become the best business they can be.
Applications being taken for a Blanchard grinding position. Experience a plus. Good benefits.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!