Grinding Machine Tender Job Description Sample
Machinist / Grinding Machine Operator
Must have at least 5+ years experience with manual lathes,and milling machines. Cylindrical and surface grinder experience is a big plus. Ability to work with a print and set-up and operate machines without assistance or supervision. Must know how to measure and inspect parts. Excellent wages,heavy overtime, good benefits, small, steadily-growing contract machine ship in Tuckahoe , NY. An equal opportunity employer.
- Work with multiple axis CNC machines.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches and engineering specifications.
- Checks work to ensure dimensions are within prescribed tolerances using a variety of measuring devises.
- Machines fixtures and tooling as required.
- Possesses and maintains an understanding of the working qualities of various materials.
- Report discrepancies to Supervisor and make constructive suggestions that may improve production efficiency and profitability.
- Determines machining, materials, or parts required to complete the job.
- Determines sequence of operations, methods of setup, and machine tool programming.
- Serves as the department technical expert by troubleshooting technical problems.
Grinding And Bar Coil Machine Operator
- MUSTbe able to read, write, and use math for measuring calculations, including trigonometry and geometry
- MUSTposses prior knowledge of lathes, center-less grinders and other industrial equipment
- MUSTbe able to use hand/machine tools such as micrometers, wrenches, screw drivers, miscellaneous precision measurement tools
- Setting up lathes, grinding machines, extrusion equipment & heat treat equipment
- Studying work orders, engineering plans, material specification and machine parameters to plan daily operations
- Checking stock
- Use various measuring devices to inspect and evaluate product
- Perform daily cleaning and light maintenance on assigned machinery/equipment
Training is hosted *8am-4pm ONLY, NO MATTER the shift you'll be working and lasts between 1 and 2 weeks.
CNC Machine Operators-Lathe, Gear Grinding, Cylindrical Grinding
Seeking machine operators with experience on any of the following CNC machines:
- Cylindrical Grinder
- Gear Grinder
• 3 -5 years Machine Tool Operation Experience
• Capable of setting up job
• Capable of inspecting work at work station
• Solid Mechanical Aptitude
• Maintain clean and safe work station
• Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
• Experience in ID, OD, steps, tapers, recesses, shoulders, angles and contours a plus
• Set-up and programming experience also a plus
• Growing Backlog
• Competitive Hourly Rate Structure (Depending on Ability and Experience)
• Night Shift Differential
• Great Health, Dental and Vision Benefits Package
• Profit Sharing and Bonuses
• 401K Matching
• Uniform and Safety Equipment
• Modern Equipment and Attractive Shop
• Equal Employment Opportunity
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
Competitive Rate Structure (Depending on Ability and Experience)
Modern Equipment and Attractive Shop
Equal Employment Opportunity
Profit Sharing and Bonuses
Ensure machine is operating at required speed, producing quality product with minimal waste.
Will change paper, glues, inks, as well as unjam machines as necessary. Machine Tender Benefits: Weekly paycheck Advancement opportunities Competitive wage and benefits including medical, dental, & 401k 11 paid holidays and vacation pay based on years of service Essential Functions and
Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards. Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy; ensure guarding is in place at all times.
Keep work area clean and organized, per standards. Ensure that work is being performed in a manner to produce quality products, according to our quality requirements and specifications. Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required. Meet or exceed production goals set by management. Safely strip rolls down, removing liner and/or bands and removing minimal layers of damaged paper only to avoid excessive waste.
Change roll, make splice by hand, maneuver roll into position and adhere roll to web on machine. Start machinery. Coordinate with Adjuster Supervisor and make minor repairs and adjustments to machines as necessary to ensure quality levels.
Set up one and two color prints and have approved by Adjuster Supervisor before starting production run. Watch progress of machinery for breakage; notify Adjuster as needed. Clean ink pans and wash rollers.
Learn to thread machinery, and perform properly. Make sure all waste is kept to a minimum and meets standards set forth by management. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Candidate Requirements: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience Three years of factory experience is preferred. Must be able to pass Bennett Mechanical Test administered at time of interview Must have basic reading, math and communication skills.
Must have ability to make adjustments and minor repairs to machinery. About the Company Novolex™ is North Americas leader in packaging choice and sustainability. The leadership of Novolexs packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®. Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 40 manufacturing facilities strategically located across North America, including the worlds largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 6,000 employees in the US, Canada, and Mexico. Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets.
The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations. The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets.
Novolexs family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements. The Novolex™ name is based on the LatinNOVO for new andLEX a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
Our Mission Novolexs™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability. Our Vision Statement To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service. We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that: Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community To apply for the position of Machinist: Click on the apply button to apply online, select Career Tab under Search for Openings, select Walton, KY (WAL), Click view jobs. Or apply in person Mon
3pm 1 Duro Way, Walton, KY 14094 (We are located right down the road from the Richwood Flea Market) If you have questions call us toll free 1-844-201-1833. Leave a message and we will return your call. EOE
Automated Machine Tender
Job Description This position is responsible for assisting in the manufacture and production of specified products and goods. This position requires a variety of work including, but not limited to packaging, inspection and rework of parts and finished goods.
1. Assists in manufacturing and producing products and goods using automated assembly equipment as directed or explained in related work instructions.
Performs gaging and documentation where applicable. 2. Operates assigned automated equipment including but not limited to supplying the machine with components, unjamming the machine, and packing completed parts 3. Places identification into each container of parts or finished goods unless alternate method has been established 4.
Stops process, isolates suspect material and alerts mechanic, quality assurance, or supervision if problem is found 5. Cleans assigned machine and work area 6. Moves any defective parts or assemblies to specified scrap containers
Additional Responsibilities: 1. Performs and records applicable in-process inspections 2. Performs other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities: * Must have the ability to work well with one’s hands
Must have the ability to successfully complete on-the-job training program Education & Experience: * High school diploma or equivalent
Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred
Work Schedule: 12 hours shift Mon
Thurs 6:00 pm
6:00 amLeviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Job category: Manufacturing / Production / Opera...
Machine Tender Inspector - Morristown Tennessee West End
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Inspection, Quality Control, machine tending. regular housekeeping duties.
Ability to adhere to all safety standards and wear and utilize all personal protective equipment; Ability to perform regular housekeeping and maintain general cleanliness in work area; Ability to move bags of raw materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Must be able to bend, twist, stand, h ave use of both arms and hands, have uses of both feet and legs, and move for 8 hour shifts. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds repeatedly.
Must have own Steel Toe or Composite Toe shoes. Must complete on-line application using a computer.
Requirements Long term temporary assignment of approximately 9 months.
Highlights Climate controlled, clean manufacturing facility . Located near West Industrial Park Morristown TN . 3 shifts 8 hours long.
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Grinding Machine Setup Operator
The Grinding Operator is responsible for operating a manual ID & OD Grinding Machines to manufacture carbide header dies. This position will also be responsible for inspecting parts for defects.
Set-up and operate manual ID & OD Grinding Machines.
Dress their own grinding wheel.
Plan and perform close tolerance set-ups.
Responsible for training, instructing and setting-up for lower level employees
Establish proper grinding wheel speeds and stock removal rates for optimum efficiency.
Identify necessary gages for each job
Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Works with minimal supervision to independently perform the job of Grinding Operator.
Read and understand work instructions
Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
Observes all safety regulation
Performs other duties as required
5 years of related experience.
Ability to work at close tolerances.
Must be able to dress own grinding wheel.
Visual acuity for detailed work.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Should be able to work closely with fellow employees.
Must be able to read and understand blue prints.
Experience in working with Inspection Tools (Micrometer, Caliper, etc.)
Must be able to lifting of up to 30-40 lbs. from floor to waist.
Must be able to stand for the up to 10 hours per day.
Job Description MF3820: Machine Tender Who is Stanley Black & Decker? We are the leader in tools, security, and tool storage. We are Stanley Tools. we are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. We are Waterloo Sedalia. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at the airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency, we help you organize your life. No matter where you live., what car you drive, what stores you shop at , or what building you work in , you can guarantee we had a hand in making it work. This position is for the hours of 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM please apply on line.
Position Summary The Machine Tender positionoperates automatic production machines and equipment that machine, stamp, weld or form production parts, according to specifications and machine operating instructions.
Essential Functions * Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
Operators shall be completely capable of controlling the required dimensions by use of such jigs and fixtures as furnished.
Performs automated machine operations, material supply fulfillmentalong with satisfactory performance requirements.
Capable of performing said operations to close tolerances and shall inspect the parts for conformity to quality standards as established for the department as a whole. Inspection is to include component defects and operation of all working parts.
The Machine Tendershall be capable of working from drawings and/or blueprints and possess the necessary knowledge of measuring instruments needed.
Take an active role in caring for the equipment to prevent breakdowns and defects and help increase overall equipment efficiency through 6S, TPM (total productive maintenance), and other Lean Manufacturing initiatives directed by the Sedalia site.
Additional responsibilities include good housekeeping and other assignments as directed by the Supervisor.
The Machine Tender shall be able to work overtime as requested and posted by management.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants to Stanley Black
& Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 52086BR
Business:* US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
Snider-Blake is looking for a Machine Tender for our client in the Solon area. This position is a 1st shift from 6A-2:30P, with a pay rate starting at $12/hr depending on experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sets up filling and packaging equipment based on production schedule and ensures rapid start-up and minimal product loss through proper pre-start adjustment
- Identifies, adjusts and corrects equipment malfunctions
- Performs routine preventative/predictive maintenance activities on equipment, machinery and building components
- Reports and documents abnormalities to the maintenance supervisor
- Interprets drawings and schematics as a troubleshooting aid for machines
- Mechanical aptitude--capable of rebuilding and or repairing machines or assemblies to original operating conditions
Qualifications and Skills
- Manual dexterity--able to use small hand tools, scales, hand trucks, utility knifes, and computer equipment
- Must be able to communicate, discuss and/or review repair problems with Engineering, Production Team Leads or vendors as needed
- Ability to fabricate, weld, or machine parts as required is a plus
- Ability to use various measuring devices (torque wrench, micrometers,Vernier calipers, dial indicators etc.) is a plus
- Three years’ related experience with filling/pressing machines
- Must have strong mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Also must have the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, temperature, rate and distance
If interested, submit your resume and apply:
Walk-ins welcome 9AM-2:30P Monday-Friday
Bring 2 forms of ID
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
4200 Rockside Rd.
Independence, OH 44131
A big name, local manufacturer is hiring!
Are you looking for a new career in the production or manufacturing field? Are you looking for your next opportunity to shine? This company is well known in the community for their great working environment, room for advancement, benefit package and numerous contributions to our community!
If you are a hard worker looking for a machine operation position, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for!Responsibilities
- Loading and unloading parts into/out of a machine.
- Tending machines that make parts for winches, or tending an automatic welding machine.
- Feeding parts into machines.
- Inspecting machines and performing quality control.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a machine shop, and a good deal of exposure to working with machines in a production/manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A criminal background check, and a pre-employment drug test.
Swing shift (3:30pm-12:00am). Overtime may be required before or after regular shift hours or on weekends.
While working for Express Employment Professionals you are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401K, bonus opportunity and vacation/holiday pay.About Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees.Reference:(GWJ263010Z)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!