Grinding Mill Operator Job Description Sample
Established machine shop seeks a precision grinding machine operator. Candidates with machining experience will also be considered if they wish to train for this position.
Candidates should have good reading and math skills. Work varies in complexity and quantity. Hand grinding is not related to this position.
Key responsibilities: 1) Set up and operate cylindrical, internal, or surface grinder. 2) Grind customer components to blueprint specifications 3) Inspect ground dimensions to blueprint specifications. 4) Housekeeping and general maintenance of grinding equipment. Our position offers stability for the right candidate. Benefits include: Health Insurance 401K Profit Sharing Flexible Spending Plan Tuition
Grinding Machine Operator
Must have at least 5+ years experience with manual lathes,and milling machines. Cylindrical and surface grinder experience is a big plus. Ability to work with a print and set-up and operate machines without assistance or supervision. Must know how to measure and inspect parts. Excellent wages,heavy overtime, good benefits, small, steadily-growing contract machine ship in Tuckahoe , NY. An equal opportunity employer.
- Work with multiple axis CNC machines.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches and engineering specifications.
- Checks work to ensure dimensions are within prescribed tolerances using a variety of measuring devises.
- Machines fixtures and tooling as required.
- Possesses and maintains an understanding of the working qualities of various materials.
- Report discrepancies to Supervisor and make constructive suggestions that may improve production efficiency and profitability.
- Determines machining, materials, or parts required to complete the job.
- Determines sequence of operations, methods of setup, and machine tool programming.
- Serves as the department technical expert by troubleshooting technical problems.
*Person experienced in grinding carbide needed.
*Must be able to set-up and operate CNC and manual grinders.
*Ability to read and comprehend drawings, instructions and manuals required.
*Trained in the use of calipers, micrometers and other inspection tools.
*Will be required to clean and maintain work areas.
*Assignment and cross training in others areas may be required based on shop load.
Good attendance, willingness to work overtime as required and reliable transportation a must. Hours: Monday thru Thursday 5:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Grinding Setup Operator - 2Nd Shift
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
Set up and operate multiple grinders and set out machines.
Conduct first piece and in-process quality checks.
Identifying problems, gaps, make required improvements (root cause analysis)
Maintain tooling inventory, equipment, and supplies related to the Grinding department
Review, investigation, and completion of required daily documentation.
Follow all safety and company policies
Assure good housekeeping and machine maintenance practices
5 to 10 years of experience in setting up and operating grinders.
Ability to read and understand blue prints (GDT)
The ability to perform quality checks on parts utilizing the proper instruments
Experience with set out machines.
PC experience using Microsoft Office tools.
Able to work flexible hours and over time when required to meet customer demand.
Generator Operator / Optic Lens Grinding / 2Nd Shift
We are looking for someone to work 2nd shift, 3:30 p.m. – 12:00 am. No experience necessary! Starting pay$11 Hr.Candidate will train in our Surface department. Our ideal candidate would need the following to apply.
- 2 forms of identification
- complete our application
- Have your own reliable transportation (job is not on the bus line)
- Pass drug screen and background check
- previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- work well in a team environment
- Must want to work 2nd shift long term
Title: Generator Operator Department:
SurfaceReports To: Lab Supervisor
Location: Cleveland Facility
Cut lens in Generator and grind specific curves on lenses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calibrate and maintain Generator as mandated in service logs
- Place trays on conveyor belt making sure proper lenses and tools are in tray
- Keep workstation clean and assist in cleaning department when work is caught up
- Help in other areas of department when needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- None required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able and willing to work as a team
- Must be able to work Overtime and Saturdays when needed
- Able to read and write English Language well
- Math Skills
- Have good eyesight, hand/eye coordination, manual dexterity and quick with hands
- Work without supervision
- Attendance/Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to manipulate. The employee is frequently required reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Basic understanding of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program and the Hazard Communication Program
- Closed toe shoe required with heel support
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Must wear safety glasses
Grinding And Bar Coil Machine Operator
- MUSTbe able to read, write, and use math for measuring calculations, including trigonometry and geometry
- MUSTposses prior knowledge of lathes, center-less grinders and other industrial equipment
- MUSTbe able to use hand/machine tools such as micrometers, wrenches, screw drivers, miscellaneous precision measurement tools
- Setting up lathes, grinding machines, extrusion equipment & heat treat equipment
- Studying work orders, engineering plans, material specification and machine parameters to plan daily operations
- Checking stock
- Use various measuring devices to inspect and evaluate product
- Perform daily cleaning and light maintenance on assigned machinery/equipment
Training is hosted *8am-4pm ONLY, NO MATTER the shift you'll be working and lasts between 1 and 2 weeks.
Sets up and operates surface grinding machines with horizontal or vertical spindle.Computes numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjusts tools to produce specified cuts. Studies blueprint or layout on work piece to visualize grinding to be done and plans sequence of operations. Removes finished work pieces from machines and places them in boxes or on racks; sets aside pieces that are defective.
- Monitors machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary
- Knows start, stop and emergency shut off buttons on machines
- Measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications
- Performs basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts
- Ensures that the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product.
- Perform periodic checks on output and certifies that the finished product is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
- Proficient reading blue prints and layouts
- 1+ years of grinding experience
- Proficient math skills related to precision surface grinding. Operate production equipment and the ability to use micrometers, calipers, and other gauges.
- Proficient problem solving skills.
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to stand, reach and bend for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. continuously throughout the shift
- Forklift Experience a plus.
Grinding Machinist - Furnace Operator - GE
This manufacturing company is seeking a Grinding Machinist/Furnace Operator for an immediate opportunity. You will operate a grinding machine, put broken glass raw materials into one end of the furnace, take them out the opposite end, and lift 50 pounds all day. This position requires you to be available for all shifts.
Qualified candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED, must have a manufacturing background, must have experience operating a grinding machine and a furnace, must have steel toed footwear, must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, must be safety-conscious, and must be available for all shifts. Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7340.
The Area Temps Advantage
Every year we match thousands of quality employees with rewarding office, industrial, professional, technical and skilled trades opportunities.
City Search Applicant Network:
Our interactive centralized network links our three branch locations, providing unprecedented access to over 80,000 personally interviewed and performance-rated applicants. Clients are guaranteed the best candidates - and job seekers have access to the best opportunities - in the Greater Cleveland area.
We assess our candidates with skill-specific interviewing, online skills testing, as well as internal and client-generated performance ratings. Employees with the highest ratings are considered first for available assignments.
On-site visits help our account representatives create solutions that are specifically tailored to each client company's needs. And our staffing supervisors have personally met, interviewed and evaluated every candidate we refer.
From customized orientation and training videos, to our unconditional guarantee, to free computer software testing and training, we go the extra mile to deliver outstanding value.
Our staff continually participates in formal and on-the-job training, as well as continuing education, to improve the results we deliver.
Mobile Grinding Operator
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization. The Mobile Grinding Team has an excellent opportunity for Machine Operators based out of the Pandora, OH facility. Candidate can live in any state but must be willing to travel to jobsites located across the country. Job Requirements include:
Strong mechanical skill set
Good communication skills
Operates well individually or in a team environment
Ability to travel extensively (up to 75% of the time)
Travel (airline, rental cars) and meal expenses reimbursed
Experience in operation of heavy equipment including:
Skid steers, telescoping material handlers, conveyors, trailers, and a variety of tools for repair and maintenance items.
Must have a valid driver's license.
Embrace a culture of safety. We expect our people to communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries immediately
Maintain a safe working environment that includes the consistent use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your safety
Ensure quality by conducting final visual inspections and labeling all finished goods
Assist with preventive maintenance program as required
Meet or exceed standard production efficiencies on production lines
Completion of shift production and reporting paperwork
Practice continuous improvement with regard to process, machine and jobsite housekeeping Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ID: 2018-4077 External Company URL: http://www.ads-pipe.com/en/
Grinding Operator - 3Rd Shift
What Machine Operation contributes to Cardinal Health Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications + determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup + uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments + makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds + measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining + fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience. Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED required + 1-3 years related work experience and/or training required What is expected of you and others at this level
Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks + Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area + Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods + Adheres to all quality guidelines
Works under moderate degree of supervision
Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor + Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!