Grip Assembler Job Description Sample
Assembler - 1St Shift
1st shift position working Monday-Friday, 7:00 am -3:00 pm
- Reviews and interpret assembly instructions
- Determines if all parts are present and review materials for expiration
- Assembles the product following proper PPE and instructions
- Verifies throughout the process product is being assembled per the specifications by the use of measuring tools, calipers, or other methods to verify thickness, weight, etc.
- Completes material transaction or other documentation necessary
- Resolves assembly and production issues
- Reports errors in production line
- Maintains shop floor area clean and safe
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of assembly/manufacturing experience
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally & written
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs
Electronics Assembler Supervisor/Assembler III
Job Title: Light Industrial - Assembler 2
General Statement of Position Scope:
Assemble and perform high voltage electrical/mechanical tests according to IEEE/ANSI standards, product drawings and
work instructions, on single and multi-phase high voltage solid dielectric vacuum switches and controls. Utilize high voltage
equipment, specialized and standardized tools. Interpret production drawings and work instructions, which include wire
schematics, outlines, BOM’s and wire diagrams. Utilize internal operating systems to access drawings and files.
(See Addendum of ADA Compliance requirements for the essential job functions.)
Assemble and build high voltage solid dielectric switches and control panels, utilizing standardized tools and equipment.
Ability to perform point to point wiring on control panels. Assemble devices on pre-drilled/tapped stainless steel panels
using drawings and schematics.
Prepare wire terminations utilizing soldering and/or crimping techniques for terminal device terminations.
Relay any discrepancies/non-conformance related issues to the responsible individual.
Complete all documentation and follow specific work instructions as required.
Must be able to work in a team environment while interfacing with team members that include product/manufacturing
engineering and other internal/external customers.
Assist in training other associates as required.
Must be willing to learn new processes and procedures.
Maintain and sustain 5S processes and safety practices, including the use of PPEs as required.
Handle hazardous waste form work area to accumulation site.
Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties.
High school diploma or equivalent
Skill set 2 / 3 – ability to read and interpret schematics, drawing, BOMS, parts
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Competencies: Energetic & positive attitude
Organized, dependable, flexible, detail-oriented
8+ Hours of Standing, Walking, Reaching, Pulling
Job Title: Light Industrial - Assembler 2
Pay shall be:
$11.00 per hour for hires with experience.
$10.50 per hour for high school grad’s with no experience.
Steel-toed shoes required for 1st day
Basic Function: Under general supervision, performs tasks of substantial variety or complexity which require a thorough knowledge of assembly techniques, tools, materials, machines, and equipment. Works from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals or verbal instructions.
Typical duties/responsibilities for operations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Under general supervision, perform basic and complex assembly, wiring, and erection of products and systems.
Read and interpret engineering configuration and wiring drawings.
Devise and utilize nonstandard procedures.
May assign and check work of lower level personnel.
May work nonstandard schedules and/or at off-site locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
Coordinate work with other groups to ensure meeting commitments.
Perform duties in a manner compliant with prevailing quality procedures and policies.
Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Complexity of Tasks: Follow standard practices and procedures in resolving basic and complex problems.
Decisions are usually based on established precedents and may affect quality and accuracy to a degree. Errors may result in lost time and rework.
High School degree or equivalent is required. Additional experience of 2-5 years of related experience in assembly is desirable, but not essential.
Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments. Capable of reading and interpreting Engineering configuration and wiring drawings.
Whirlpool Production Assembler
Direct Hire Production Opportunities with Whirlpool!
Get on the Fast Track for your Career Path and earn up to $25/ in the first year with Whirlpool, an industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances.
What You Will Do
- Fasten or assemble light and medium size parts
- Operate electrical, hydraulic and air activated hand tools
- Read and follow standard work directions on the assembly line
- Work in a team environment embedded in world class manufacturing methodology
- Drive plant performance through Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost metrics
What You Need to Succeed:
- High diploma or GED
- Ability to work any shift
- Flexibility to work overtime as scheduled, including on Saturday
- Be prepared physically for the position in terms of lifting, bending, stooping and standing
- Benefits day one (Insurance, 401K)
- Insider Pass (discount on Whirlpool products)
- Yearly increase
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Fast Track Your Career Path
Previously applied? You can still reapply for immediate consideration.
*Please note there is a 6 month rehire policy
These positions will be responsible for the assembly of different equipment and machinery. Use of various tools to perform tasks. The medical devices being assembled will require strong attention to detail and continuously reviewed for accuracy.
Not looking for those with warehouse experience. Specific to assembly skills.
Must be able to follow instructions and communicate effectively. Ability to understand and use data collection systems and software systems. Must have good dexterity to handle and maneuver small components and parts. Must have basic math skills. Prioritize work by determining the timing of different jobs based on importance.
No previous experience in manufacturing needed, only ability to assemble items from various parts.
This is an entry level position which will accept recent high school graduates and/or those with food service backgrounds such as sandwich artists, pizza makers, etc.
Temp to perm
Medical Device Assembler In Plymouth & Minnetonka, MN
Our client is a global medical device company and they are looking for a Medical Device Assembler for their plant in either Plymouth or Minnetonka, MN. You can choose which location you prefer. You would be assembling sub-assemblies for conformance to applicable drawings and specifications using small hand tools under a microscope. You will be wearing a "bunny suit" with sterile gown, gloves, hair cap, shoe coverings, etc. Both day and swing shifts are available. Training will be provided.
Ability to work with small parts under a microscope
Demonstration of teamwork
Good basic math skills
Two shifts are available:
5:00 AM to 3:30 PM (1st shift) or 3:45 PM to 2:15 AM (2nd shift) for 4 days of the week
15.00 for 1st shift, or
15.50 for 2nd shift
-Must pass drug test
-Must pass background check
-Must be willing to work in a clean room environment (sterile gown, hair cap, gloves, show coverings, etc.)
-Must be able to stand for extended length of time
-Must have proof of HS diploma or GED (e.g. hard copy of diploma or transcript are acceptable)
This is a long-term contract with benefits available from the staffing agency, Collaborative, LLC.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Medical Device Assembler In Westford, MA
Our client is a large medical device company and they are looking for a Medical Device Assembler for their plant in Westford, MA. You would be assembling incoming commodities and sub-assemblies for conformance to applicable drawings and specifications. The shift is 2nd from Monday to Thursday, 3:30 PM to 2:00 AM, only 4 days a week, and full-time.
Small hand-tool assembly such as calipers and gauges
Experience with electro-mechanical assembly and sub-assembly
The shift is 2nd from Monday to Thursday, 3:30 PM to 2:00 AM, only 4 days a week and full-time
14.00 to 18.00 per hour
-Must pass drug test
-Must pass background check
-Must have proof of HS diploma or GED (e.g. hard copy of diploma or transcript)
-Must have minimum 1 year prior experience with small hand-tool assembly such as calipers and gauges
This is a long-term contract with benefits available from the staffing agency.
Electro-Mechanical Assembler / Technical Assembler / Production Assembler
Description:Lockheed Martin Space is seeking candidates who are energized and passionate about helping us build the space technologies of tomorrow. We are going to Mars and beyond! Join us in the journey!
The Assembler will support production activities in either the Chemical Mix Lab or Battery Work Center at the Littleton, CO manufacturing facility. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate skills and abilities necessary to assemble, document and validate products manufactured within the work area. A continuous improvement mindset, focus on world-class quality, and the ability to work effectively within a team environment are key assets.
Candidates will be required to take courses and pass subsequent written and practical application tests as a contingency to employment in the following disciplines:
- Connector Mate & Demate
- NASA Cable & Harness
- NASA Polymerics
- Hardware Torqueing
- Adhesive Bonding
- JSTD001MAP Solder Certification
Entry Level candidates will possess applicable experience where mechanical skills and aptitude are valued. Entry Level candidates will be considered for the Chemical Mix Lab only.
Mid to Advance Level candidates will possess experience in electromechanical or electronics manufacturing environments where successful hands-on experience in mechanical assembly, soldering and harness fabrication were performed. Mid to Advance Level candidates may be considered for multiple opportunities.
- Must display maturity of action and judgment with a demonstrated track record of resourcefulness from previous assignments.
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed work instructions, engineering drawings & specifications.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic functions for weight measurements, torque conversions, temperature conversions and dimensional measurements.
- Ability to work second shift if required, weekends and holidays in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion and maintenance of all required certifications.
- This position will be located at a facility that requires approved entry access.
- Experience with the mixing of materials for flight hardware coating, bonding, and staking applications.
- Solder, bonding and coating certifications.
- Cable and harness manufacturing experience.
- Box/Module assembly experience.
- Prior Solder Fountain or Wave Solder experience
- Prior Automated SMT equipment experience.
- Prior experience in PCBA or CCA Manufacturing to include hand soldering of SMT and PTH components.
- Prior experience in Space Systems assembly to include electronic and mechanical fabrication.
- Prior experience in electrical testing and/or in-line inspections and verifications.
- Experience with new product introductions, continuous improvement, cost and quality optimization on the production floor is highly desired.
- Previous industry related certifications to include: IPC Soldering and Cabling Certifications, NASA Hand Solder, J-STD, Hardware Torqueing, Adhesive Bonding, Polymerics, Connector Mate & De-mate, NASA Cable Harness.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Performs a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical production assembly and subassembly operations of a skilled nature to build and assemble complex units such as power supplies, printed circuit boards, modules, chassis drawers, cable harnesses, and electronic and mechanical systems and assemblies
- assembly operations may include wiring, component installations, and hand soldering
- disassembles, modifies, reworks, refurbishes, reassembles, tests units and corrects malfunctions
- may perform tasks such as drilling, reaming, burnishing, and tapping
- may determine methods and sequence of assembly operations
- expert user of specialized hand tools
- trains lower level assemblers
- electronic assemblers will possess several of the following:
- fine pitch touch up/rework using magnification
- PCB etch repair
- SMT and thru hole rework
- reads, interprets and performs complex engineering change orders (ECO), etch cuts or via drills
- repair, rework and removal of high pin count integrated circuits using specialized equipment
- adjusts and hand fits components to critical tolerances
- complex revisions using ECO mark-ups (red-lines) and deviation implementation
- mechanical assemblers will possess several of the following:
- precision assembly/gluing (i.e. x-ray collimators)
- complex balancing rotating machinery
- installing or sorting detectors or fragile expensive parts in close quarters
- complex assembly processes
- ability to evaluate/assess returns for repair or upgrade
- assembly process complicated by extreme weight
as a highly skilled specialist, completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways with very few errors. Works with minimum supervision; recommends process or product improvements
ability to follow written and verbal instructions is required
high school or equivalent plus 6 years or more of related experience
Must be able to lift 40 lbs
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!