Guide Job Description Sample
Eco Guide / Tour Guide For Dolphin Cruise
Ever dream of working on the water? Is talking to people your strong suit? Do you love nature-- dolphins, manatees, sea birds-- and want to share that love with others? If you answered "YES", this job is for you!
Our tour boat operation on Anna Maria Island is hiring guides for our dolphin tour and sunset tour trips. Duties will include:
Greeting customers and assisting in booking their tours.
Riding on the tour boat as a mate.
Assisting the customers and the captain while on board.
Learning the local marine life and explaining to our guests about our local wildlife.
Making sure that the guests on the tour have an EXCELLENT experience!
Our dolphin tours run during the late morning and afternoon. Sunset tours are in the evening.
Applicants must have great people skills and love working with the public.
Applicants must be able to work weekends.
Applicants must pass a U. S. Coast Guard mandated drug test and background check.
Applicants must have a driver's license and reliable transportation.
Both full time and part time positions available
Montessori Guide Teacher
Teach kindergarten students utilizing Montessori concepts of size, colors, control of error, point of interest, and age group. Develop and create materials to support social and practical lessons such as help and guide children's social interaction skills, social behavior and practical life lessons in keeping with the Montessori curriculum.
Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in social learning activities among peer students and in imaginative and creative play. Assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of the children, being vigilant about maintaining the required student/teacher ratio and report any accidents or incidents to school management. Maintain accurate and complete student records and prepare reports on children and activities as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
The position requires a bachelor's degree in education/sociology/communication related, plus AMI diploma. AMI diploma is obtained after successfully completing the Association Montessori International teacher training program, which is normally required for Montessori teacher in the industry.
Requirement: Bachelor's degree in education/sociology/communication related, plus AMI (Association Montessori International) diploma
Senior Educator And Museum Guide
Part Time Senior Educator Development and teaching of exhibition-related programs for youth and adults. College degree required 3+ years art teaching experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Exhibition in a Box: a free multi-visit program for all third grade and first grade middle school classes in and around the Roaring Fork Valley. Travel within a 100-mile radius from Aspen will be required
• Art Studio: weekly afterschool workshops for elementary school students at AAM Summer and Winter Workshops: weeklong workshops for ages 4-14 that incorporate art-making projects, performances, and object-based discussions
• Family Workshops: monthly drop-in opportunities that provide children and adults access to explore the galleries and create works of art together
• Artists in the Making: Ten-week afterschool middle school courses hosted at Basalt Middle School and Aspen Middle School, incorporating guest experts, excursions, and a final exhibition.
• Community programs: Teach monthly programs in libraries, senior centers, Pitkin County Jail, and other community partner locations, incorporating art appreciation and empathy-building
• Access programs: Onsite and offsite programs for clients of Ascendigo Autism Services and Mountain Valley Developmental Services (in collaboration with Access and Education Program Manager)
• Winter Workshops: day-long workshops for ages 4-14 that create responses to art on view
• Rural/100-mile programs: Develop and implement programs for adults and families at community partner locations across Western Slope. Travel and overnight stay will be required
• Interpretive Materials: Develop questions for discussion and suggested activities for printed materials used by visitors to AAM exhibitions
• Lead tours and activities for youth, adult, and other community groups that promote visual literacy and critical thinking
• Identify, select, create, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs
• Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offer plans for improvement
• Attend professional development and training opportunities to stay current in museum best practices
• Maintain effective and efficient record-keeping procedures
• Provide a positive environment in which program participants are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
• Ensure that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, community groups, and schools, as measured by the Aspen Art Museum
Part Time Museum Guide Provides exhibition info to visitors and security measures. Requires 2 years just service experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Staff the visitor services desks and galleries as assigned.
• Greet, orientate, and direct visitors. Be familiar with and able to discuss the artists and exhibitions, current and upcoming.
• Observe visitors in the gallery and take proactive action as needed in order to protect the artwork.
• Be familiar and able to discuss the building's physical layout including galleries, restrooms, Café, Sculpture Garden, exits, elevators, and five key architectural features.
• Assist in emergency situations with crowd control and evacuation if needed.
• Be familiar with all other current museum functions and programs including public programs, special events, educational programs, mission, etc.
• Stay current with daily schedule of events; communicate relevant information to other staff and event hosts/leaders upon arrival at the museum.
• Gently remind visitors of security concerns (no touching, photography policy, no food or drinks, no large bags, no recording devices, etc.).
• Have visitors place large bags and other objects inappropriate for the galleries in the coatroom.
• Inspect art objects, labels, and lights/furnishings for signs of change or damage.
• Report damage or change in condition of objects immediately to the Registrar or Chief Preparator.
• May answer and direct phone calls and answer general questions about the museum, exhibitions, and public offerings.
• Record attendance and geographic region of visitors daily.
• Assist visitors with general local information (e.g., directions, cabs, places to eat).
• Alert security personnel as needed to assure a safe environment for artwork and visitors.
• Sell museum memberships to visitors.
• Will require schedule flexibility, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Sommelier / Tasting Room / Wine Guide At Ram's Gate Winery - Full Time
The Wine Guide position at Ram's Gate Winery consists primarily of creating an exceptional experience for our guests and members by showing your enthusiasm for wine, food, and hospitality. This position is responsible for hosting tastings and tours, selling wine, conducting food and wine pairings, generating new memberships and building long lasting relationships with your guests. At Ram's Gate we balance luxury with fun and approach-ability. Previous tasting room or restaurant experience is a big plus, but not required. Consistent schedule and consistent hours, Thursday - Monday. Position is hourly plus sales commission and tips. Wine Guides can expect to make on average $25-$30 per hour, if not more in peak season. This position is Full Time and includes full benefits, paid time off, etc.
Zipstream Adventure Guide
Ruby Falls ZIPStream, Lookout Mountain, TN
Job Start Date:
Training begins February 17th
Official first day of work begins March 4th
Zipstream Guides spend their days taking groups of guests through the Zipstream Aerial Adventure Park experience at Ruby Falls, which involves navigating high ropes and adventure course challenges and riding ziplines. During each tour experience, Guides provide excellent customer service by having fun with their guests as well ensuring the absolute safety of each and every member of their tour group. Guides will also be responsible for setting up and taking down adventure course elements at the beginning and end of each day, checking clients in and providing them their safety equipment, and helping clients with any questions or challenges they may have.
- Lead participant groups safely and enthusiastically through the ZIPStream Aerial Adventure Course.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests of Ruby Falls ZIPStream.
- Create an enriching experience for participants by promoting environmental literacy and deepening people’s appreciate of the Lookout Mountain (and greater Chattanooga) area.
- Engage guests with local ecology, geography, geology, history and culture.
- Know the important facts in regard to the course (type of cable, trees, etc.), the company (TAG, ZS, and Ruby Falls), and Lookout Mountain/Chattanooga. Be able to convey this information.
- Ensure all course operations are conducted in accordance with ZIPStream/TAG safety standards.
- Understand the purpose of the release form and the proper way it should be completed.
- Fit harnesses, lanyards and helmets correctly and supervise the use of all personal protective equipment.
- Communicate and uphold the "Guild Ethos" and adhere to all aspects of the TAG Employee Manual.
- Conduct participant orientation sessions (Demos) and pre-screenings.
- Responsible for attending all regular staff meetings, and ongoing trainings throughout the season
- Perform other tasks on an as needed basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Guiding experience in adventure tours preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member.
- Must be energetic, flexible, good humored, and personable
- Must have a strong work ethic; be responsible, reliable, mature, and accountable
- Must have positive attitude and excellent oral/verbal communication skills.
- Must speak fluent English (bilingual abilities are a plus)
- Must enjoy being outdoors
- Must have the ability to use good judgment
- Must be willing to put service above personal interests or activities while on duty
- Must possess or obtain First Aid and CPR Certification or better.
- Successfully complete C.O.R.E. training
- Successfully complete ZIPStream in-house, technical and interpretive training before hire.
Abilities/Other Criteria Required:
- Must have the ability and desire to work outside in all weather conditions including extreme cold, heat and precipitation.
- Must have the ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi task environment.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Must have full range of overhead arm motions.
- Must be able to perform all technical intervention/rescue associated with aerial adventure course.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to speak in front of large groups.
- This position may require walking/standing for long periods of time.
- Physical fitness level in keeping with job requirement.
Additional Job Position Benefits:
- In addition to their base pay (starting at $9.00 an hour), Zipstream Guides are allowed to receive tips from satisfied clients, and tipping is actively encouraged by management and the course. While tips received by staff vary by day and by staff performance, it is not uncommon for Zipstream Guides to make more in tips on a shift than they did from their hourly pay.
- Zipstream Guides receive free access to a large collection of vendor "pro-deals" from numerous outdoor gear brands and stores, including Liberty Mountain and Outdoor Pro-link, allowing them to purchase brand-name outdoor gear, supplies, and clothing at heavily discounted rates.
- Zipstream Guides earn incentive points for doing specific tasks and accomplishing specific goals that are either good for their teammates, or for the good of the company as a whole. These points may then be exchanged for free gear from a gear vendor, paid days off or paid vacations, or other perks. Any points that are not spent by the end of the year are automatically converted into a cash bonus paid to the Zipstream Guide at the annual company Christmas Party.
Our past and present client base includes individuals, camps, non-profit organizations, small businesses, Fortune 500 corporations, churches, synagogues, para-church organizations, municipalities, as well as tourist destinations and attractions. In it all, our passion is to provide the highest possible quality adventure experiences and products that make a deep and lasting impact on people's lives.
Lead Recreation Activity Guide
Lead Recreation Activity Guide
Reports to: Experience Director
Department: Springbank Sporting Club
Scope and General Purpose:
To provide recreation offerings to guests in an exceptionally safe, friendly, professional and efficient manner commensurate with the demands of a world class resort.
· Assist with set up and implementation of group activities for corporate and leisure guests, such as: fitness, team building, special classes, holiday events and sporting events and assist in coordinating staffing for these activities.
· Assist in managing the daily operations of all recreation activities
· Assist in creating, organizing and implementing existing and new activities that will engage and entertain resort guests.
· Supervise the successful setup, execution, and breakdown of recreational activities.
· Assist Experience Director with daily coordination and supervision of staff.
Recreation Activity Guide
· Assist guests in enjoying recreation offerings such as: fitness, recreational classes, sporting events, horseback riding, indoor and outdoor games, guided hikes and tours, team building activities, kids camp, clinics and workshops, and shooting sports for overnight and day guests
· Provide information to guests regarding all aspects of the resort, upselling offerings in all departments
· Handle all guest requests, observations and complaints in a timely and effective manner, achieving guest satisfaction
· Set up equipment for guests, to include games, bikes, kayaks, canoes, fishing equipment, disc golf, etc.
· Ensure that equipment is properly maintained, put away and stored and that all buildings and gates are secure at the end of the day
· Ensure the cleanliness and safety of the recreation areas, facilities and equipment
· Ensure safety of guests and colleagues at all times
· Complete daily administrative tasks as requested
· Assist Experience Director with daily needs as requested
· Liaise with other departments as needed to ensure an exceptional resort experience for guests
· Complete daily administrative tasks including daily checklists
· Assist in monthly inventory of equipment and goods
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent customer service skills in English
· Must be able to use motorized outdoor maintenance equipment (chain saw, weed eaters, golf cars, etc.)
· Outdoor Activity (fitness, hiking, horses, boating, etc) experience and knowledge an asset
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
Essential duties require long periods of standing and walking, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting and carrying. This position does require walking on trails (up and down hills) for long distances (up to 1 mile per session) as well as lifting and carrying maintenance and recreation equipment. The employee must have normal vision (corrected) including close and color vision, hearing and verbal communication. Must be able to frequently lift and carry items up to 50 lbs and occasionally items up to 75 lbs.
Duties are typically performed in an outdoor setting and in the elements.
This Job Description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; however, it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the 10 Best Southern Resorts by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, 10 Best Spas in Atlanta by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
How to apply:Directly through Zip Recruiter or visit our website employment section at http://barnsleyresort.com/employment.aspx
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.
AVA Rafting & Zip Line: River Guide lll
Location: Granite, Idaho Springs, or Kremmling Outpost
Pay Rate: According to pay scale of river mileage and sections checked out on, +7% end-of-season bonus upon completion of contract
Now Accepting Raft Guide I, II, and III Applications for the 2018 Summer Season!
If you are looking to mix it up a bit and add excitement into your career, then AVA is your perfect match! At AVA you will find plenty of adventure! Our team is a fun, insightful and dynamic bunch that work hard but have fun while doing so! We offer employment opportunities for the summer season! So, come be a part of the AVA Team if you are searching for a unique and unforgettable summer experience!
Must Meet all Guide I and II requirements (see below).
Be highly competent on all sections of the river at which you are based.
Maintain the highest level of professionalism and guest service at all times.
Possess strong leadership skills in all areas of operations.
Be adept in problem solving and conflict resolution.
Know, adhere to and be a role model for all employees in AVA's mission, vision, values and management system.
Be willing and able to train and supervise staff members.
Communicate well and often with upper management.
Assist Operations Managers with all aspects of operations as requested.
- Influence staff morale in a positive way.
- Help pick up any trash around outpost.
Guide II Description:
Possess competent Class III to IV raft guiding ability at all water levels.
Demonstrate outstanding guest service and professionalism at all times to surpass guest expectations
Acts as role model to less experienced staff by adhering to AVA policies and procedures and demonstrating AVA core values and mission.
Perform essential AVA functions as assigned by management; work with managers to effectively solve and problems that may arise in daily schedule.
Be capable of performing all aspects of AVA's operations.
Guide I Description:
- Successfully complete AHRA approved guide training program, AVA's Guide School or have completed certified guide school elsewhere.
Demonstrate outstanding guest service and professionalism at all times to surpass guest expectations
Maintain distinct understanding of the guide's integral role in creating the very best guest experience, and take responsibility for this role at all times
Possess current First Aid and CPR certifications.
Commit to work for entire season, including all weekends and holidays.
Able to work as productive and positive member of team.
Able to work outdoors for long days in diverse weather conditions.
Have a high physical fitness level.
Over 18 years of age.
Be involved in at least one department (transportation, safety, training, property, equipment) at your outpost.
Help maintain quality and cleanliness of outpost, including picking up trash
Enjoy working with a variety of people in an active environment.
Have a well groomed presentation.
Work positively and effectively as part of a team environment
Adheres to AVA policies and procedures and understands AVA core values and mission.
How to Apply: Please submit an application on our website at www.ColoradoRafting.net
If you are interested in joining the AVA Team this summer, then please apply today! AVA strives to deliver the very highest level of guest service while bringing awareness and understanding of the surrounding wilderness to our guests. As leaders in our industry, we set examples in safety, professionalism, outdoor skills and guest service, while providing low-impact environmental recreation. Apply Today!
AVA Rafting & Zip Line is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Trolley Driver/Tour Guide - Full Time
TROLLEY DRIVER/TOUR GUIDE
JOIN OUR FUN-EMPLOYED FAMILY!
Have fun driving an Old Town Trolley and sharing the history of our region.
Entertain visitors while educating them about our historical city!
You've seen the original orange-and-green trolleys all over the city and probably thought, "What a fun job that must be." Well, you're absolutely right! For more than a quarter of a century, Old Town Trolley Tours have been treating guests to a journey back in time while touring the most interesting and popular attractions in the city. We are now holding interviews for our PAID training. We have a very extensive PAID training program that will thoroughly prepare you to be a professional tour conductor!
Already having a CDL is a plus, but not required because we’ll train you and prepare you to test for one!
$12.00 per hour during 5-6 week training then raised to $14.00 per hour + Tips
Our ideal tour conductors have a passion for helping people and making their vacation experience a memorable one. A sincere love of history and the culture of our city is ideal.
Driving in a safe, competent manner a non-air-conditioned trolley on busy public streets while entertaining guests by narrating a scripted sightseeing tour of approximately 1 Hour 45 Minutes each in duration. Break in between Tours. Normally drive 3 -4 Tours per day.
Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours and routes as assigned.
Must be able to board and exit the trolley and assist patrons boarding and exiting the trolley.
Shall be able to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel.
Ability to sit for long periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
Must be at least 21 years old and have been driving for at least three years
Must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
Must pass a DOT physical upon employment
All FT Employees are eligible for: Two weeks paid Vacation the first year, Well-Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability
All FT & PT employees are eligible for: 401K and Sick Time
Flexible schedules including a combination of weekdays and weekends
Excellent tips and charter gratuities
Fun, upbeat work environment
Discounts in retail stores and free tickets to our company attractions
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and a background search
Marine Life Educator/ Tour Guide
Express Employment Professionals is currently looking for Marine Life enthusiasts to have a passion for teaching. Must be good with kids and not afraid of public speaking.
No previous experience is required but would certainly be a plus. Training provided.
Founded in 1983, Express today employs 400,000 people across nearly 700 franchise locations worldwide. Our long-term goal is at the heart of our company's vision, to help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
Delta Boat Tour Guide
Operate, drive, and navigate passenger boats according to regulations. Instruct guests on boating safety and use of life jackets.
Clean and perform minor maintenance on boats. Be aware of possible situations where guests are not able to safely participate in an activity and inform supervisor/manager. Provide information to guests about recreation activities.
Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests in all recreational activities and areas. Distribute or rent recreation equipment to guests and visitors. Monitor the condition of returned recreation equipment and send for repair when necessary.
Conduct inventory of supplies, materials, and equipment and inform supervisor/manager of low supply items. Complete requisitions for additional supplies, materials, and equipment. Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects). Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Move up and down a ladder. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!