Guide Base Winder Machine Job Description Sample
Coil Winder - Machine Operator 2Nd Shift
Coil conductor configurations include strip, round wire and rectangular wire in various combinations. Essential Functions: 1. Read and interpret winding specification documents to determine characteristics required for specific coil to be wound.
Determine coil number, quantity and revision. Record coil number on coil and on labor recording paperwork. 2. Determine and install appropriate mandrel device on machine.
Adjust mandrel, end plates and/or tail-stock as required by window size specification. 3. Load strip, conductor and insulating paper to dereeling mechanisms on machine. Measure materials, make adjustments to machine to accommodate material and verify proper alignment. 4.
Places coil form on mandrel, wraps form/mandrel with paper, positions leads and tapes to coil form / mandrel. 5. Apply pack out as needed per specification. Repeats for each section. 6.
Folds, insulates and tapes weld pre-cut leads to strip stock of coil body. Winds major insulations, and applies varnish with hand applicator. Operates crimp tool to crimp wire to static shield. 7.
Operates machine regulating winding speed with foot control, aligning aluminum or copper strip to center of insulating paper strip and both to center of coil form and adjusts tensioning devices as required. 8. Inserts oil rib ducts and other special insulating paper at specified places in coil. Weld aluminum and copper leads as required. 9.
Verify proper secondary coil. 10. Make adjustments to machine (flattener, traverse and material tensions) to yield desired finished coil dimensions as specified. 11. Operates walkies and hoist equipment 12.
Determine adhesive locations per reference specifications and apply liquid adhesive with hand applicator at specified locations throughout the coil. 13. Insert cooling ducts, special insulation and component parts at specified locations throughout the coil 14. Wind coil sections per winding instructions to specified number of turns. 15.
Braze, or bend taps and leads into coil at specified locations throughout the coil. 16. Position and insulate leads per winding sheet and diagram(s). 17. Splice material per specifications as required. 18.
Remove coil from mandrel device by hoist and put aside to pallet. 19. Performs daily 6S clean up. Qualifications
•A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required. •Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience or military technical training •The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required. •No relocation is being offered for this position.
Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of Waukesha, WI in order to be considered.
•Minimum of 6 months prior coil winding experience •3 Years of Manufacturing Experience •Must be able to interpret prints, applicable engineering, safety instructions, maintenance and operating instructions and quality specifications. We make what matters work.
Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning.
These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. Job: Manufacturing & Operations Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico Organization:
ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division Job Level: Entry Level Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel:
No Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Machine Operator Extrusion Winder
Under the direction of the Extrusion Manager and designated Shift Leads, Winder Operators are responsible for efficiently loading cores and journals, removing finished rolls, performing quality checks, and properly labeling, packaging and staging film product in order to safely produce high-quality bags in accordance with the job safety analyses (JSA’s), production schedule, set-up instructions, operating procedures, and quality specifications, etc. Essential Functions &
Understand and follow all JSA’s and safety procedures/policies Loads Cores and Journals on take-up equipment Webs, pulls and maintains resin material to produce quality film onto rolls Inspects
3Rd Shift Winder Operator
- Tends winding machine that rolls lengths of floor covering between various stages of processing, working as member of a crew: Removes spindle from dolly and positions spindle in winding machine, using power hoist.
- Pulls end of floor covering sheet through winder and secures sheet to empty spindle, using tape.
- Starts machine, and regulates speed of winder to maintain even winding.
- Adjusts tension rolls on machine and sets yardage counter, using hand-tools.
- Examines material for pinholes, using magnifying glass.
- Stops machine when splices reach winder, indicating end of roll.
- Tears or cuts spliced section, tapes end of sheet to prevent unwinding, and removes full spindle of floor covering from machine.
- Records locations of pinholes and other imperfections on card and attaches card to full spindle.
- May stop machine during winding and cut out designated defective sections of floor covering.
- 3rd Shift
- $12.00/hr. plus $.60 shift differential
Winder (Manufacturing Technician/Assembler)
A Winder (Manufacturing Technician/Assembler) Position in Newark, DE is available through Modis. Qualified candidates will their high school degree and a year of experience in a production/manufacturing environment.
Enterprise Level Company
Title: Winder (Manufacturing Technician/Assembler)Location:
Duration: 1 year
Winder job responsibilities include:
- Assist on a daily basis in these departments (raw material/Thermal/Prepreg) as the needs require.
- Hand lay-up of composite parts in line with development and production requirements.
- Operate the fiber winding machine to support the fabrication of wound parts.
- Assist with loading and unloading parts to various thermal equipment.
- Use of hand tools for the modifications of composite parts.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment when working around parts on the shop floor.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement activities in production methods, equipment performance and team effectiveness.
- High School diploma or acceptable substitute.
- 1 year minimum experience in production operations.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of composite fabrication methods and techniques including filament winding and hand lay-up.
- Creative problem solver, able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Self-directed with excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in both R&D and production rate environments.
- Experience with thermal processing
If you are interested in this Winder (Manufacturing Technician/Assembler) Position in Newark, DE then please click APPLY NOW.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Employment Service Connection is seeking experienced candidates for Coil Winders Machine Operation position
*Must have prior coil/winding machine experience.
- Perform mechanical assembly / coil winding machine operation according to the standard operating procedures and instructions based on lean manufacturing philosophy (KANBAN, one piece flow, Ishikawa diagrams).
- Use blue prints, work instructions and schematics to perform assembly operations.
- Use basic measuring, hand (impact wrenches, torques wrenches) and power tools as necessary for the assembly of specific parts. May use overhead cranes and forklift.
- Maintain communication with the quality department to ensure work passes inspection and is ready for shipment timely. Use the non-conformity report to track any issue. Be involved in improvement group if it is request in order to solve any issue.
- Follow the plan and schedule defined by the supervisor and production department.
- Cross train in different workstations
- May conduct electrical tests if needed.
- Ensure tasks are performed according to organizational requirements for quality management and environmental, health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Experience performing mechanical assembly in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must have good verbal and written communication and comprehension skills
- Must have attention to detail and be able to perform basic math calculations
- The ability to thrive in a team environment, and to be able to work with necessary supervision
- Must have the ability to follow detailed instructions, blueprints, and the ability to interpret measurements.
- Experience using measuring devices and power tools (torque guns and hand tools) is required.
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude is required
Our values are guiding principles, which inspire and support us in our daily work to achieve the best solutions for our employees and our customers.
Our vision is to help as many people as possible find good jobs, by helping as many clients as possible find good people for their staffing needs.
Our partnership approach is very unique, yet simple. Each candidate we are able to put on assignment becomes an internal customer of ours. We realize without them, who/what are we? They are the core of our business!
Brick Staffing is seeking a talented Winder for our client’s Houston, Texas, Service Center.
As a winder, you will apply strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills to prepare stators and/or armatures for AC/DC electric motors.
· Ability to perform basic math functions
· Ability to understand, perform and retain various job-related training, operational, and safety procedures
· Able to work overtime and weekends as required
· Review diagrams and schematics to meet custom winding specifications for customers
· Rewind low, medium and high voltage equipment using random and form coils
· Safely use overhead, gantry cranes and lift trucks, as well as associate lift rigging
Electric Motor Winder
Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery in the United States. Our facility is equipped with the most modern and technically advanced equipment available. EMC serves a variety of industries including power generation, hydrocarbon, chemical processing, water resources, marine, pulp and paper, mining, and nuclear.
• Knowledge of rewinding 3 phase form coil and random wound stators
• Knowledge of rewinding DC armatures and fields
• Familiarity with electrical test equipment (i.e. surge tester, low resistance bridge, multimeter, megohmeter, ampmeter, voltmeter)
• Familiarity with electrical tests (i.e. surge test, hi-pot test, checking polarity and resistance on windings, taking megger readings).
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must provide own basic hand tools (testing equipment is provided by the company).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and able to stand/walk for extended periods.
• Must be willing to work overtime.
• Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Our company prides itself on:
-Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
-Providing quality service to our customers
-Employing and retaining great people
Our company offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
-Paid vacation and holidays
-Health, life, and dental insurance
-Short term and long term disability
-401K and profit sharing
-Uniforms provided by the company
Salary history or requirements are to be provided with all inquiries.
Check out our web site to learn more about our business.
Electric Motor Winder AND Mechanic
Electric Motor Winder
Leppert-Nutmeg, Inc. is an established Electric Motor/Generator Company in northern Connecticut. Our service area encompasses the Northeastern United States.
We are looking for experienced ELECTRIC MOTOR/GENERATOR WINDERS who are looking to excel.
Our winding department handles rewinds from small single phase AC motors up thru 13.8KV Generators.
If you are looking for something new and different, this is the place. Come learn from winders with 25, 30 even 40 years of experience.
The right candidates should have the following skill set:
· Attention to detail
· Strong safety record
· Team player
· Experience with AC low voltage random windings
· Experience with medium voltage a plus
· Experience with high voltage a plus, plus
The individual will refurbish, test and rewind AC/DC motors and generators.
Must work well in a team environment, have attention to detail and strong safety awareness. Must be willing to work flexible hours as required, including working on site.
We are also looking for SKILLED MECHANICS responsible for disassembly and assembly of motors and generators.
Possible room for advancement within the company for the right individuals.
Excellent pay and benefits with a competitive compensation package. Including quality health insurance. Flexible Spending Plans and 401(K). Paid vacation after 1 year. 10 paid Holidays. Uniforms.
Starting pay is bases on experience, $20-$25/hr.
Must be reliable and flexible to work demands with possible overtime requirements
Job benefits include employer sponsored medical plans, 401k plan, paid holiday and vacation, company uniforms and medical flexible spending plan
Winder Operator/2Nd Shift
Precision Products Group, Inc., is the parent company for a fast-growing family of leading manufacturers of precision tube products for automotive, electrical insulation, medical and pharmaceutical, specialty packaging and many other industrial and consumer products.
PPG was founded in 1980 with the mission of helping customers achieve higher levels of product performance, quality and economy with innovative new products.
PPG specially designs and manufactures products tailored to each particular customer application. The willingness to find and apply unique product solutions for customers in dozens of diverse industries and markets has set PPG and its divisions apart. Today, PPG and its divisions are considered the leaders in their respective industries.Precision Products Group offers our Manufacturing AssociatesCompetitive WagesBenefits; Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and HolidaysAClean and Air-Conditioned Working EnvironmentWinder Operator Sets up and operates assigned winder(s), delivering quality spiral wound tubing products based upon scheduled customer orders as per customer specifications, standards, safety, quality, job orders and key dimensions such as wall ID, OD, and length.Hours:
Monday thru Thursday/3:10pm to 1:10amWage/Salary: Depends on Experience/Will discuss with applicant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all set-up and process steps to load, operate, and tear down a paper winding machine.Perform all change over process steps to load, operate, and tear down a paper winding machine.Understand adhesive viscosity, paper lubrication, tensioning adjustments, belt type and width, and mandrel installation, spool/tape wheel run rates.Identify material and product variations; accommodate with adjustments as needed in tensioning, lubrication, adhesive, wind angle, etc. to meet product and quality specifications.Identify non-conforming material and product and follow proper disposition requirements.Meet quality and efficiency standards.Complete production reports; determine materials needs, run times, measure finite elements, and packaging requirements.Operate multiple machines simultaneously.Manage oneand#39;s time to reduce machine down time during change-over, equipment and process adjustments, and material replacement.Perform required tasks and assignments with a focus on Safety, Quality and Delivery.Participated in team dynamics, aiding others as needed, seek help as needed.Safety and health is the responsibility of every employee in this organization. It must be considered in every task we perform and unsafe conditions must be brought to the attention of your supervisor.Attendance to safety training programs is required
It is the duty of each operator to check their own work at the time of the set-up and during the time the job is running. They are responsible for the paper they wind and all the corresponding documentation, verifications, inspections and production rates. Must facilitate a verification check by another team member trained and experienced in the position and job order.Education, Experience and Skill
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)Ability to work as a team member and assist others; contributing knowledge, skills, time and effort.Ability to persevere is patient and diligent toward completing the job assignment, detail oriented.Easily adaptable and willing to learn, able to remember basic process steps to ensure accuracy and quality while making approved adjustments as needed.Basic understanding of mechanical equipment and mechanisms.Ability to watch, listen and learn.Good hand-eye-coordination.Ability to identify and solve problems as they arise: material, mechanical, and/or process.Ability to manage ones time and plan/prepare for material and/or equipment changes as needed.Experience/operational exposure with floor manufacturing facilities, including: functional design layout, routine mechanical operations, productivity, supplies/mate
Overview Wire Winder – Industrial Equipment Responsible forthe wire winding of complex machinery assemblies as well asother assignments in the factory as neededto support the achievement of the business goals and objectives. Looking for someone with great work ethic, high energy, positive attitude and very detail oriented (due to quality requirements). In this role you need to perform:
Operation of wire winding machine process.
Consistent use of basic metrology equipment (calipers, micrometers, etc.) to take precise measurements.
Adhering to quality control directives.
Operation overhead cranes, forklifts and scissor lifts.
Work with engineering/manufacturing teams to resolve issues and optimize processes. Responsibilities SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Associates degree in electro-mechanical, Trade school diploma in industrial maintenance or similar applicable field experience.
5+ years’ experience assembling electro-mechanical equipment / machinery.
Experience on industrial and/or machine tool equipment with strong attention to quality at tight tolerances.
Blueprint reading, machine shop skills.
Basic computer skills – data entry.
Avure Technologies manufactures High Pressure Processing (HPP) equipment that helps producers increase food safety and extend shelf life, while providing consumers with nutritious, natural food. One of the fastest and most reliable systems, Avure equipment is used to treat the majority of all HPP-protected food around the world.Food manufacturers of all sizes, including the world’s largest poultry producer, rely on Avure's HPP technology to serve up healthy, delicious and safe products,doubling and tripling shelf lifewithout chemicals, additives or heat. In fact, you’ll find foods processed by Avure HPP systems in every corner of the world. It's an exciting time at Avure. We may be the global leader in HPP, but we believe our greatest accomplishments and innovations lie ahead. That's why we're always searching for passionate, analytical, entrepreneurial and top-notch talent to help us achieve our goal of advancing the field of HPP even further. For immediate consideration, email your resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE Qualifications AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment. THIS EEO STATEMENT MUST BE INCLUDED AT THE END OF EVERY JOB AD WE POST – FEDERAL LAW REQUIREMENT. Requisition ID2018-2750 # of Openings1 CategoryDirect Labor
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!