Outdoor Recreation Hiking Guide
This is a seasonal position with a contract end date of 11/30/2019
The hiking guide supports the Outdoor Recreation Department by leading guests who have varying degrees of skill on adventures that offer varying degrees of difficulty and terrain for the purpose of hiking, biking and kayaking. The guide must possess the ability, fitness and willingness to perform all of RedMountain's daily hikes, Adventure Trips, bike rides and kayaking trips.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Must be able to finish entire hikes and events as trained within the prescribed time limits set by management.
* Exhibit leadership and organizational skills in the field.
* Follow established safety procedures.
* Communicate and teach both internally and externally.
* Display knowledge of and adherence to land management rules as described in contracts.
* Transport guests in Red Mountain Spa vehicles to and from remote field locations.
* Follow first aid and emergency evacuation procedures and provide any first aid/CPR procedures needed.
* Must follow all Red Mountain policies and procedures.
* Manage and care for equipment and assist with proper maintenance of vehicles.
* Complete all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
* Learn Red Mountain programming and provide this information to guests.
* Attend and remain up to date on all required Red Mountain training.
* Demonstrate proficiency in Red Mountain Gold Star Standards.
* Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
* High school diploma or general education degree; one to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, to guests and other employees of the organization.
* Knowledge of terrain, fitness, and willingness to complete various degrees of difficulty for the purposes of hiking, biking and kayaking and Adventure Trips. Possess the ability to swim if guiding kayaking.
* Have knowledge and understanding of southern Utah area, points of interest, local events, Red Mountain Resort & Spa layout, amenities and daily activities. Be prepared to answer guests' questions.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with multiple situations with little supervision. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Current CPR/AED and First-aid certification required or to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
* Valid driver license required.
* Comply with recommend training including blood borne pathogens. Hepatitis B vaccination strongly recommended.
* Background check required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; hike; climb; use hands and fingers; handle; talk or hear; sit and stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl. The employee may be exposed to wet, cold and/or humid outdoor weather including extreme heat and cold. Majority of time spent working in varying outdoor weather conditions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, able to carry 20 pounds in a backpack, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be flexible in working evenings, weekends and holidays.
The employee must be able to comply with department's uniform requirements.
To ensure health, safety and business necessity, the Outdoor Recreation Guide must possess a high level of physical fitness. The employee may be asked to demonstrate how they perform job tasks or have a private physician state whether she/he can safely perform job tasks. If a significant risk of substantial harm exists, also known as a direct threat, a medical examination or private physician statement may be required stating the employee may safely perform required duties.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees must fulfill their performance standards for this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of Red Mountain Resort, including those set out in the Team Member Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees. The job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. Job description and duties are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by Red Mountain Resort. Red Mountain Resort is an At-will and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
POST JOBS FOR FREE