Guide Travel Job Description Sample
Customer Service, Sales And Travel Membership Guide
Job Title: Customer Service, Sales and Travel Membership Guide Job Description The Customer Support Associate I position interfaces with customers via inbound calls, outbound calls, or through the Internet depending upon client requirements.
This position provides customer service support and resolution of routine problems regarding client's product or services. Convergys is looking for professionals to respond to customer inquiries through inbound/outbound calls or email. On average, Travel Advisors will handle 7 to 10 calls per hour. Successful candidates will combine sales and customer service skills to assist members with planning resort vacations, advising members on benefits, offering members special offers
Customer Service, Sales And Travel Membership Guide
Job Title: Customer Service, Sales and Travel Membership Guide Job Description The Customer Support Associate I position interfaces with customers via inbound calls, outbound calls, or through the Internet depending upon client requirements. This position provides customer service support and resolution of routine problems regarding client's product or services.
Convergys is looking for professionals to respond to customer inquiries through inbound/outbound calls or email. On average,
Travel Advisors will handle 7 to 10 calls per hour. Successful candidates will combine sales and customer service skills to assist members with planning resort vacations, advising members on benefits, offering members special offers and promotions, renewing memberships, and depositing timeshare weeks.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and
Interface with customers via inbound calls for the purpose of selling complex products and services.
Responsibilities include processing customer orders and sales; providing and receiving various information; selling client products plus handling miscellaneous customer service and general information calls via the phone or Internet.
Conduct needs-based selling by using non-scripted probing techniques to determine customer needs and to offer the most appropriate product or service to address their needs.
Maintain broad knowledge of products, pricing, promotions, procedures, and other important issues through management communications, meetings, client focus groups, and formal training.
Responsible for achieving specific sales business targets and maximizing sales opportunities on each and every call.
Place and/or receive customer inquiries that may require deviation from a script or sales flow process.
Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using agreed upon procedures.
Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer.
Clarify customer requirements; probe for and confirm understanding of requirements or problem.
Meet customer requirements through first contact resolution.
Confirm customer understanding of the solution and provide additional customer education as needed.
Prepare complete and accurate work and update customer file.
Communicate effectively with individuals/teams in the program to ensure high quality and timely expedition of customer requests.
Effectively transfer misdirected customer requests to an appropriate party.
Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity.
Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
Provide answers and/or advice to customers based on their particular requirements and customer profile.
Update customer records.
Experience, Education and Certification
High school diploma or equivalent
Able to assist in all aspects of arranging/booking travel, including air, rail, hotel, car and alternate ground transportation, including strong aptitude/understanding for booking exchanges
Travel agency experience highly desired
Experience and success in telemarketing/sales preferred
Excellent written and oral communications skills – role will require inbound, outbound (callbacks), and email communications.
Excellent telephone skills, including a professional demeanor portrayed to customers.
Strong listening skills: active listening; able to appreciate the context of the traveler’s experience
Written skills: excellent grammar; attention to detail demonstrated through follow-up to ensure resolution for customer.
Minimum 1-year experience demonstrated use of these communication skills in prior experience.
Solutions mindset: passion to find the right solution for the customer (e.g., consultative skills), while also closing the sale and potentially up-selling the customer.
Polished delivery: ability to communicate in a structured and effective manner.
Excellent time management: ability to multi-task to solve issue for customer, while managing time
Quick learner: ability to ramp up quickly and act on feedback constructively
Passion for service, one call resolution and tailoring the solution for the caller.
Fast computer navigation skills (e.g., Web applications, shared folders, operating system Windows)
General database searching skills and handling
High speed data entry speed and accuracy
Ability to multi-task in multiple windows of activity on computer screen
Basic math skills (adding, subtracting and basic calculations)
Typing 25 WPM as verified by a formal test
Proficiency in a multi system environment
What Convergys Offers You:
Competitive hourly pay rate plus incentives
Full-time schedules; no Sundays
Full benefits plan
Holiday pay and vacation/paid-time-off
Management which is always available to help our team be successful
Comprehensive and paid training
Casual dress environment
Career advancement opportunities (over 70% of our management was promoted from within the organization) Walk-ins are accepted Monday through Friday from 9 am to 3 pm; we are located at - 860 W. Levoy Drive, Taylorsville – UT, 84123 (the tallest gray building). For additional information, you can call us at: 801-736-3888 . Begin a rewarding career with Convergys; join our team today! EEO/Vet/Disabled Employer
Career Framework Role Has program required basic skill set to perform routine tasks within simple processes but lacking program/product specific knowledge. Works with close supervision and clearly defined procedures. Starting to demonstrate familiarity with client terminology, operating standards and procedures. Starter without sustained metric performance levels.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel working within this job title. Location: USA, Salt Lake City, UT Language
Time Type: Full time
Who We Are At Convergys, our mission is to set the standard in our industry through unparalleled care for our clients, customers & people. For our clients, this means our 125,000 team members wake up every day united by a common goal: helping our clients maintain exceptional relationships with their customers. For our people, this means a commitment to each other to accomplish great things, build careers, and have some fun along the way!
Build Your Career With Convergys When you become part of our team, you join 125,000 talented people around the world who represent some of today’s leading brands. At Convergys, one of our values is to "Grow As a Team." It's in our DNA to prioritize teamwork and develop our people. By working together, we achieve great things for clients and create opportunities to build rewarding careers. You can be part of that when you join our team. And it's all at your fingertips! Watch the video below to hear from some of our employees around the world as they talk about what it means to be part of the Convergys team. Convergys has careers available in 31 countries at 150+ locations. Establish your career with a company that has locations across the world. You can grow personally and professionally - and make a difference for customers and for the communities where we live and work. https://youtu.be/uhKhulU-ANg Convergys is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.
Senior Educator And Museum Guide
Part Time Senior Educator Development and teaching of exhibition-related programs for youth and adults. College degree required 3+ years art teaching experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Exhibition in a Box: a free multi-visit program for all third grade and first grade middle school classes in and around the Roaring Fork Valley. Travel within a 100-mile radius from Aspen will be required
• Art Studio: weekly afterschool workshops for elementary school students at AAM Summer and Winter Workshops: weeklong workshops for ages 4-14 that incorporate art-making projects, performances, and object-based discussions
• Family Workshops: monthly drop-in opportunities that provide children and adults access to explore the galleries and create works of art together
• Artists in the Making: Ten-week afterschool middle school courses hosted at Basalt Middle School and Aspen Middle School, incorporating guest experts, excursions, and a final exhibition.
• Community programs: Teach monthly programs in libraries, senior centers, Pitkin County Jail, and other community partner locations, incorporating art appreciation and empathy-building
• Access programs: Onsite and offsite programs for clients of Ascendigo Autism Services and Mountain Valley Developmental Services (in collaboration with Access and Education Program Manager)
• Winter Workshops: day-long workshops for ages 4-14 that create responses to art on view
• Rural/100-mile programs: Develop and implement programs for adults and families at community partner locations across Western Slope. Travel and overnight stay will be required
• Interpretive Materials: Develop questions for discussion and suggested activities for printed materials used by visitors to AAM exhibitions
• Lead tours and activities for youth, adult, and other community groups that promote visual literacy and critical thinking
• Identify, select, create, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs
• Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offer plans for improvement
• Attend professional development and training opportunities to stay current in museum best practices
• Maintain effective and efficient record-keeping procedures
• Provide a positive environment in which program participants are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
• Ensure that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, community groups, and schools, as measured by the Aspen Art Museum
Part Time Museum Guide Provides exhibition info to visitors and security measures. Requires 2 years just service experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Staff the visitor services desks and galleries as assigned.
• Greet, orientate, and direct visitors. Be familiar with and able to discuss the artists and exhibitions, current and upcoming.
• Observe visitors in the gallery and take proactive action as needed in order to protect the artwork.
• Be familiar and able to discuss the building's physical layout including galleries, restrooms, Café, Sculpture Garden, exits, elevators, and five key architectural features.
• Assist in emergency situations with crowd control and evacuation if needed.
• Be familiar with all other current museum functions and programs including public programs, special events, educational programs, mission, etc.
• Stay current with daily schedule of events; communicate relevant information to other staff and event hosts/leaders upon arrival at the museum.
• Gently remind visitors of security concerns (no touching, photography policy, no food or drinks, no large bags, no recording devices, etc.).
• Have visitors place large bags and other objects inappropriate for the galleries in the coatroom.
• Inspect art objects, labels, and lights/furnishings for signs of change or damage.
• Report damage or change in condition of objects immediately to the Registrar or Chief Preparator.
• May answer and direct phone calls and answer general questions about the museum, exhibitions, and public offerings.
• Record attendance and geographic region of visitors daily.
• Assist visitors with general local information (e.g., directions, cabs, places to eat).
• Alert security personnel as needed to assure a safe environment for artwork and visitors.
• Sell museum memberships to visitors.
• Will require schedule flexibility, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Camp Tapawingo is an all girls summer camp with a mission of inspiring and empowering girls. We are located in the Western Mountain region of Maine. We are seeking Outdoor Adventure Leaders for the upcoming summer. This position begins June 6th and ends August 12th. Our staff are provided meals, housing and partial travel reimbursement.
Outdoor Adventure Leaders plan and lead daylong and multi-day trips. Our programs include hiking, backpacking, canoeing and base camping. Our places to adventure include : hiking and backpacking the White Mountains of Maine and New Hampshire; backpacking sections of the 100 mile wilderness including a summit attempt of Mount Katahdin; paddle the Penobscot and Allagash Rivers.
We are looking for:
- Women and Men
- Experience in the outdoors
- Passion for being outdoors & physically active
- Certified Lifeguards (current or able to acquire this training)
- Enjoy working with girls ages 8 - 16
- Flexible, sense of humor
- Healthy / Positive role models
- Minimum salary of $2200
- Partial travel reimbursement
- Internship credit
Founded in 1919 by 3 women, Camp Tapawingo draws campers and staff from around the world. You are encouraged to view the information and promotional video on our website to gain a better sense of our camp community.
Apply online via our website: www.camptapawingo.com
Eco Guide / Tour Guide For Dolphin Cruise
Ever dream of working on the water? Is talking to people your strong suit? Do you love nature-- dolphins, manatees, sea birds-- and want to share that love with others? If you answered "YES", this job is for you!
Our tour boat operation on Anna Maria Island is hiring guides for our dolphin tour and sunset tour trips. Duties will include:
Greeting customers and assisting in booking their tours.
Riding on the tour boat as a mate.
Assisting the customers and the captain while on board.
Learning the local marine life and explaining to our guests about our local wildlife.
Making sure that the guests on the tour have an EXCELLENT experience!
Our dolphin tours run during the late morning and afternoon. Sunset tours are in the evening.
Applicants must have great people skills and love working with the public.
Applicants must be able to work weekends.
Applicants must pass a U. S. Coast Guard mandated drug test and background check.
Applicants must have a driver's license and reliable transportation.
Both full time and part time positions available
Companion - Community Guide Specialist FOR Special Needs Adults
Community Engagement Guide
Right at Home, a well-established Home Care and Home Health agency in the Northgate area of Seattle is hiring licensed caregivers looking for a unique opportunity to make a difference in their community. We are actively recruiting Community Engagement Guides to help enrich developmentally disabled adults lives by taking them out for activities and engaging with them in a social setting.
Community Engagement Guide
- Responsible for planning activities and coordinating transportation arrangements through Hopelink transportation.
- Provide a respectful and safe environment for both client and staff.
- Sustain the mission of Right at Home by providing a consistent and supportive environment for the improvement of the quality of life for those we serve.
- Collaborate with Program Supervisors and Case Managers to help monitor and assist clients in following their schedules and learning pro-social skills.
- Make arrangements for appropriate outings via the agency.
- Lead or assist with life skill building activities.
- Work closely with Program Manager to maintain the program integrity and client satisfaction.
Community Engagement Guide
- Must not be an employee of DDA or ALTSA or a parent of the waiver participant
- A current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Home Care Aide (HCA) certification
- Ability to read, write and speak English is required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have access to a computer(or arrange to use computer during office hours)
- Previous experience with networking with people and organizations in the community
- Must pass a background check and complete orientation
- Must have experience or interest in working with the developmentally disabled in their community
Community Engagement Guide Benefits
- Competitive Wage
- Paid travel time between clients
- Health Insurance and 401(k)
- Free Continuing Education
- Flexible Schedule
- Referral incentives
Sommelier / Tasting Room / Wine Guide At Ram's Gate Winery - Full Time
The Wine Guide position at Ram's Gate Winery consists primarily of creating an exceptional experience for our guests and members by showing your enthusiasm for wine, food, and hospitality. This position is responsible for hosting tastings and tours, selling wine, conducting food and wine pairings, generating new memberships and building long lasting relationships with your guests. At Ram's Gate we balance luxury with fun and approach-ability. Previous tasting room or restaurant experience is a big plus, but not required. Consistent schedule and consistent hours, Thursday - Monday. Position is hourly plus sales commission and tips. Wine Guides can expect to make on average $25-$30 per hour, if not more in peak season. This position is Full Time and includes full benefits, paid time off, etc.
Lead Recreation Activity Guide
Lead Recreation Activity Guide
Reports to: Experience Director
Department: Springbank Sporting Club
Scope and General Purpose:
To provide recreation offerings to guests in an exceptionally safe, friendly, professional and efficient manner commensurate with the demands of a world class resort.
· Assist with set up and implementation of group activities for corporate and leisure guests, such as: fitness, team building, special classes, holiday events and sporting events and assist in coordinating staffing for these activities.
· Assist in managing the daily operations of all recreation activities
· Assist in creating, organizing and implementing existing and new activities that will engage and entertain resort guests.
· Supervise the successful setup, execution, and breakdown of recreational activities.
· Assist Experience Director with daily coordination and supervision of staff.
Recreation Activity Guide
· Assist guests in enjoying recreation offerings such as: fitness, recreational classes, sporting events, horseback riding, indoor and outdoor games, guided hikes and tours, team building activities, kids camp, clinics and workshops, and shooting sports for overnight and day guests
· Provide information to guests regarding all aspects of the resort, upselling offerings in all departments
· Handle all guest requests, observations and complaints in a timely and effective manner, achieving guest satisfaction
· Set up equipment for guests, to include games, bikes, kayaks, canoes, fishing equipment, disc golf, etc.
· Ensure that equipment is properly maintained, put away and stored and that all buildings and gates are secure at the end of the day
· Ensure the cleanliness and safety of the recreation areas, facilities and equipment
· Ensure safety of guests and colleagues at all times
· Complete daily administrative tasks as requested
· Assist Experience Director with daily needs as requested
· Liaise with other departments as needed to ensure an exceptional resort experience for guests
· Complete daily administrative tasks including daily checklists
· Assist in monthly inventory of equipment and goods
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent customer service skills in English
· Must be able to use motorized outdoor maintenance equipment (chain saw, weed eaters, golf cars, etc.)
· Outdoor Activity (fitness, hiking, horses, boating, etc) experience and knowledge an asset
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
Essential duties require long periods of standing and walking, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting and carrying. This position does require walking on trails (up and down hills) for long distances (up to 1 mile per session) as well as lifting and carrying maintenance and recreation equipment. The employee must have normal vision (corrected) including close and color vision, hearing and verbal communication. Must be able to frequently lift and carry items up to 50 lbs and occasionally items up to 75 lbs.
Duties are typically performed in an outdoor setting and in the elements.
This Job Description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; however, it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the 10 Best Southern Resorts by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, 10 Best Spas in Atlanta by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
How to apply:Directly through Zip Recruiter or visit our website employment section at http://barnsleyresort.com/employment.aspx
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.
Zipstream Adventure Guide
Ruby Falls ZIPStream, Lookout Mountain, TN
Job Start Date:
Training begins February 17th
Official first day of work begins March 4th
Zipstream Guides spend their days taking groups of guests through the Zipstream Aerial Adventure Park experience at Ruby Falls, which involves navigating high ropes and adventure course challenges and riding ziplines. During each tour experience, Guides provide excellent customer service by having fun with their guests as well ensuring the absolute safety of each and every member of their tour group. Guides will also be responsible for setting up and taking down adventure course elements at the beginning and end of each day, checking clients in and providing them their safety equipment, and helping clients with any questions or challenges they may have.
- Lead participant groups safely and enthusiastically through the ZIPStream Aerial Adventure Course.
- Provide excellent customer service to all guests of Ruby Falls ZIPStream.
- Create an enriching experience for participants by promoting environmental literacy and deepening people’s appreciate of the Lookout Mountain (and greater Chattanooga) area.
- Engage guests with local ecology, geography, geology, history and culture.
- Know the important facts in regard to the course (type of cable, trees, etc.), the company (TAG, ZS, and Ruby Falls), and Lookout Mountain/Chattanooga. Be able to convey this information.
- Ensure all course operations are conducted in accordance with ZIPStream/TAG safety standards.
- Understand the purpose of the release form and the proper way it should be completed.
- Fit harnesses, lanyards and helmets correctly and supervise the use of all personal protective equipment.
- Communicate and uphold the "Guild Ethos" and adhere to all aspects of the TAG Employee Manual.
- Conduct participant orientation sessions (Demos) and pre-screenings.
- Responsible for attending all regular staff meetings, and ongoing trainings throughout the season
- Perform other tasks on an as needed basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Guiding experience in adventure tours preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member.
- Must be energetic, flexible, good humored, and personable
- Must have a strong work ethic; be responsible, reliable, mature, and accountable
- Must have positive attitude and excellent oral/verbal communication skills.
- Must speak fluent English (bilingual abilities are a plus)
- Must enjoy being outdoors
- Must have the ability to use good judgment
- Must be willing to put service above personal interests or activities while on duty
- Must possess or obtain First Aid and CPR Certification or better.
- Successfully complete C.O.R.E. training
- Successfully complete ZIPStream in-house, technical and interpretive training before hire.
Abilities/Other Criteria Required:
- Must have the ability and desire to work outside in all weather conditions including extreme cold, heat and precipitation.
- Must have the ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi task environment.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
- Must have full range of overhead arm motions.
- Must be able to perform all technical intervention/rescue associated with aerial adventure course.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to speak in front of large groups.
- This position may require walking/standing for long periods of time.
- Physical fitness level in keeping with job requirement.
Additional Job Position Benefits:
- In addition to their base pay (starting at $9.00 an hour), Zipstream Guides are allowed to receive tips from satisfied clients, and tipping is actively encouraged by management and the course. While tips received by staff vary by day and by staff performance, it is not uncommon for Zipstream Guides to make more in tips on a shift than they did from their hourly pay.
- Zipstream Guides receive free access to a large collection of vendor "pro-deals" from numerous outdoor gear brands and stores, including Liberty Mountain and Outdoor Pro-link, allowing them to purchase brand-name outdoor gear, supplies, and clothing at heavily discounted rates.
- Zipstream Guides earn incentive points for doing specific tasks and accomplishing specific goals that are either good for their teammates, or for the good of the company as a whole. These points may then be exchanged for free gear from a gear vendor, paid days off or paid vacations, or other perks. Any points that are not spent by the end of the year are automatically converted into a cash bonus paid to the Zipstream Guide at the annual company Christmas Party.
Our past and present client base includes individuals, camps, non-profit organizations, small businesses, Fortune 500 corporations, churches, synagogues, para-church organizations, municipalities, as well as tourist destinations and attractions. In it all, our passion is to provide the highest possible quality adventure experiences and products that make a deep and lasting impact on people's lives.
Chicago Safaris is a local luxury tourism company that’s going through the exciting stages of a startup. Based in Northwest IN, our mission is to entertain Chicago’s guests with a personalized, customized luxury touring adventure. Our company and operating model, which is one of a kind, offers guests a “Build-Your-Own” customizable Chicago tour. These tours include a Sightseeing experience as well as a Food/Drink tasting tour.
We are looking for a tour guide/driver to join our growing team. A successful candidate will have their CDL license, have an immense knowledge of the city of Chicago, and have an extensive background in customer service. This individual should also be experienced in driving a large passenger vans.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
· Report to office or garage. Pick up clients and safely transport them for the duration of the tour
· Perform inspections on the vehicle and routine upkeep/housekeeping as well as minor maintenance
· Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the city of Chicago and our company
· Clearly and articulately provide information to guests in an engaging manner
· Greet all guests promptly at scheduled tour times provide exceptional service throughout the tour
· Outline the tour and timeline before beginning
· Know all safety and security protocols, should they be needed
Requirements and Qualifications
· First Aid CPR certified, or ability to obtain
· CDL Class C (Commercial Licensed Driver) with passenger endorsement required. Must have clean driving record
· Must be able to pass a comprehensive test over your knowledge of Chicago
· Outstanding verbal communication skills
· Enthusiastic and friendly
· Ability to retain facts and knowledge about various different spots in the city of Chicago
· Must be able to work without supervision
· Have a strong initiative to give the best service possible
All applicants also must have a clean driving record and be willing to submit to a drug test and a background check. If interested in applying, please send us your resume along with 2-3 references
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!