Hamtramck Job Description Sample
Custodial Services Worker - Nha-Mi1-Custodial - Hamtramck
The Technical Design Manager
- Manages the design and analysis of criteria applying current codes and standards.
- Oversees site investigations and inspections and provides suggestions for projects to ensure that standards and requirements are met.
- Ensures the accuracy and QA/QC of technical documents such as drawings, specifications, and reports.
- Develops study report. design criteria, and equipment/system selection for use during detailed design and ensure all projects comply with applicable building codes and safety regulations.
- Communicates directly with clients, regulatory agencies, contractors and designers.
- Prepares project status reports, plans, specifications and engineers estimates including the collections, assembling and organizing of project data.
- Plans and coordinates details aspects of engineering work; works on multiple projects of moderate size and portions of major projects using time efficiently to stay within budget and produce deliverables on time.
- Seeks out new clients and projects to purse and assist with the marketing efforts of these projects.
- Manages the workload of the design team and recommends staffing needs to upper management.
- Manges project including the preparation of project scopes, tasks, budgets and schedules.
- Oversees the preparation of proposals including bid documents, project reports, studies and other documentation.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments / projects.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Civil/Environmental
- 10+ years of formal training and experience in design of Water and Wastewater projects with at least five (5) years as a Technical Team Leader.
- Must have experience as a group leader or project engineer on complex, multi‐disciplineengineering
- Sufficient knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT to manage work of staff using these computer software products.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of MS Power Point, MS Project and SharePoint a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record.
- Professional Engineer licensure in Michigan (Ohio and Florida are preferred)
- Ability to become licensed in multiple states
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS
- Must have proven track record of accomplishments as leader design engineer on water/wastewater system improvement projects and be capable of supervising and directing a team of engineers, designers and support personnel.
- Advanced knowledge of design process and be familiar with applicable codes, and industry standards.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and clients.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow‐up on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect privileged client information and documents appropriately.
- Knowledge of correct English usage including spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in a high‐volume office environment under pressure of heavy deadlines.
1. Bachelors or master’s degree in Civil/Environmental
2. PE in Michigan?
3. 10+ years of formal training and experience in design of Water and Wastewater projects?
4. 5+ years as a Technical Team Leader with experience on complex, multi‐discipline engineering
5. Sufficient knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT to manage work of staff using these software products?
6. Knowledge of MS Power Point, MS Project and SharePoint? (a plus)
Marketing Material Distributor - Detroit
Mesmerize is the leader in patient education at point-of-care. We reach doctors’ offices as well as independent pharmacies in the top markets and beyond. As a Mesmerize Field Representative, you will be visiting doctors' offices and pharmacies in order to maintain our network of educational programs as well as expand it by approaching new locations with our programs. A successful candidate must have the ability to provide clear and knowledgeable explanation to medical professionals regarding the general information for our educational campaigns. You will be responsible for overseeing your market and must be able to organize your time efficiently to meet hard deadlines. Your progress will be monitored to ensure quality and efficiency.
We’re looking for individuals who will contribute to the entrepreneurial spirit of our company. The right candidate will dread the thought of working in an office all day. If you see the importance of creating consumer awareness and starting important patient – doctor conversations, this job might be for you!
- Access to a reliable registered vehicle, a valid driver's license and a passion for driving
- Must have an outgoing personality – excellent communication skills are necessary
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Available Monday - Friday
- Must have a smart phone with data plan & access to a computer with internet connection
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Excel
-Provide ideas and impetus for growth and improvement.
-Experience with inventory management/shipping and receiving materials a plus
Impress us by sharing your favorite place to road trip in your application
Occupational Safety And Health Specialist
Project Controls - Scheduler/Sr. Scheduler - Construction
Project Controls - Scheduler / Sr. Scheduler – Construction
(Detroit, MI or Pittsburgh, PA)
Our client is looking for someone who will champion the development and maintenance of detailed project schedules inclusive of design, procurement, construction, close-out, equipment installation, and commissioning activities. The Senior Scheduler must understand and apply engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships. They will develop and maintain critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information. They must prepare and review baseline schedules, perform schedule reviews with the entire project team and obtain buy-in. They must be able to customize project control systems to meet specific project requirements
Our Client Offers:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practices
- The Scheduler / Senior Scheduler will monitor and document construction progress, identify, track and assist in resolution of construction issues/conflicts.
- They will monitor, review and report to the Project Manager and or clients, the schedule status of the project with regard to compliance to the construction contract specifications and other documents.
- Scheduler will create Cost and Resource Loaded scheduling, gather data, validate and incorporate it into the project schedule, analyze schedule impacts and recommend corrective action to be taken in order to mitigate/avoid cost and schedule overruns.
- They will also prepare clear and concise scheduling/update analysis reports, including project indicators on a regular basis.
- Support corporate initiatives, accumulating historical performance data, for use in a realistic planning and forecasting of future projects.
- Effectively interface and participate in difficult conversations with entire project team (Owner, General, AE, Subcontractors and Suppliers)
- In addition to proven proficiency with Oracle Primavera and Microsoft Project, the Sr. Scheduler will be required to utilize other software tools to validate and interact with project scheduling tools (i.e., Excel, Adobe, Bluebeam, Synchro, Vico, NetPoint, etc.)
- Collect, input, validate and analyze progress in the master schedule, using P6.
- Assess that project objectives, both short and long term, are being met.
- Incorporate detail fragments and other sequencing modifications as required.
- Prepare and publish reports on a regular basis (I don’t know what the frequency is).
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• 4 year degree in engineering or construction management and at least 2 years’ directly related experience [construction engineering/scheduling] preferred. Minimum requirement is a High School Diploma.
• 2 plus years of construction scheduling experience.
• Proficient in cost, manpower and equipment resource loaded schedule
• Proficient in gathering, maintaining, reporting and analyzing schedule data
• Strong time management and communication skills
• Ability to travel preferred.
• Cost Control background a plus.
Data Engineer (Onsite)
Detroit Labs OnSite is looking for experienced Data Engineers to join one of our existing development teams in Detroit. Successful applicants will be working at a client site within our clients’ teams and play an important role in the development of software used by the masses.
As a full time member of our OnSite team, you're part of Detroit Labs family first. You’ll have access to ongoing career development, mentorship, and be a part of a great group of people who are passionate about never settling for less than their best. We prioritize your career growth by providing consistent check-ins, learning activities, yearly retros, and support through out your time to ensure you are always growing, and working on something you are passionate about.
The Data Engineer for Big Data is responsible for the full life cycle of the back-end development of a data platform. As a Data Engineer, you will create new data pipelines, database architectures, and ETL processes, you will observe and suggest what the go-to methodology should be. You will be gathering requirements, performing vendor and product evaluations, deliver solutions, training, and documentation. You will also handle the design and development, tuning, deployment, and maintenance of information, advanced data analytics, and physical data persistence technologies.
You will establish analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data. You will implement the business requirements and business processes, build ETL configurations, create pipelines for the Data Lake and Data Warehouse, research on new technologies and build proofs-of-concept around them. You will carry out monitoring, tuning, and database performance analysis. You will perform the design and extension of data marts, meta data, and data models. You will also ensure all data platform architecture code is maintained in a version control system.
You will be responsible to share knowledge with fellow team members allowing the entire team to grow and become proficient to further build-out and enhance the data platform.
- Minimum two years' experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NiFi, Hive, Sqoop
- Minimum two years' experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Athena, Glue
- Minimum two years' experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, Kafka Streams, Flink
- Minimum three years' experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Java (preferred), Python, Scala
- Expertise in design / developing platform components like caching, messaging, event processing, automation, transformation and tooling frameworks.
- Minimum two years' experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases like Mysql, Postgres, Cassandra and Elasticsearch.
- Minimum two years' experience working in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated ability to performance-tune MapReduce jobs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
- Strong communication skills
- Focus on scalability, performance, service robustness, and cost trade-offs
- Designing and implementing high-volume data ingestion and streaming pipelines using Apache Kafka and Apache Spark
- Create prototypes and proof-of-concepts for iterative development
- Develop ETL processes to populate a Data Lake with large datasets from a variety of sources
- Create MapReduce programs in Java, and leverage tools like AWS Athena, AWS Glue and Hive to transform and query large datasets
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on the enterprise data pipelines and the Data Lake
- Follow the design principles and best practices defined by the team for data platform techniques and architecture
This is a Full time salaried role complete with the following benefits:
- Full medical, dental, vision
- 401k matching
- Coin + Craft yearly personal improvement budget
- Ongoing mentorship and learning opportunities
- Paid Vacation
- Monthly outings and events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Yearly Retro
Sales Floor Associate
SQL Database Administrator
- Displays Leadership/Team Orientation - Works collaboratively to achieve organization’s success. Effectively uses position and interpersonal skills, mobilizes and inspires others to take action (situational leadership). Willing and able to lead beyond area of expertise.
- Develops People - Provides positive coaching. Actively engages staff in challenging assignments. Holds self and others to high standards. Identifies and hires high potential. Takes action on non-performers.
- Technical Skills - Hold self and others to high standards. Strives to stay ahead of technical expertise, is proactive and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Able to gather appropriate data and diagnose the cause of a problem before taking action; separate causes from symptoms; apply lessons learned from others who encountered similar problems or challenges; anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with them; develop and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement – Able to establish personal standards of quality for own work; independently improve the quality of own work processes, products, and/or services; identify and apply “best practices” in own work; improve the efficiency of own work by eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes; measure and track own performance.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other related area, or 5-10 years, equivalent experience
- Database certification, such as MSDBA or MySQL, or equivalent, relevant experience
- Experience with Database Administration for Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, replication, T-SQL, query optimization, and tuning.
- 3 years of experience with MySQL DBMS administrations, including clustering, replication, InnoDB, MyISAM, performance tuning.
- 3 years of experience and reasonable comfort level in command line operation of Linux Enterprise Operating Systems, especially RHEL (RedHat Enterprise Linux) and Ubuntu.
- 5 years of experience with Strong scripting skills as relevant to DBA functions and activities.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office and similar productivity products
- Experience managing multiple MS SQL Server production, test, and development environments, supporting MS SQL 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, and 2016.
- Experience with backup, restore and recovery models.
- Experience with MySQL Cluster, Router and HA technologies.
- Experience with MySQL tools a plus (MySQL Enterprise Monitor, MySQL Enterprise Backup).
- Experience with AlwaysOn Availability Groups administration and configuration a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services or Integration Services a plus.
Executive Chef - Detroit Diesel (Redford, MI)
Nurse Assistant Contingent Float Pool - Henry Ford Hospital Detroit - Rotating Shift
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!