Handbag Framer Job Description Sample
Handbag Designer - Calvin Klein (G-Iii Apparel Group)
G-III Apparel Group, the world's premier designer and manufacturer of quality leather outerwear, dresses, women's suits, sportswear and accessories, with a comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and wholly-owned brands, including Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Guess?, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi’s, Dockers, Jessica Simpson, Vince Camuto, Ellen Tracy, Kensie, Ivanka Trump, and G.H. Bass, among others is seeking a handbag designer to join the Calvin Klein team based in New York City. Development
Research current trends and forecast evolution on said trends within our brand identity
Apply findings from research (including blog, magazine, store, street-style, vintage exploration) to a seasonally relevant, cohesive collection that is well balanced in fabrication and thoroughly merchandised
Communicate seasonal concept/design intent to factories - request preliminary treatments + mock-ups
Attend vendor meetings and work on product concepts with Trim Team – follow trim full cycle to production Sample Phase
Generate tech-packs with clear silhouette, garment construction, and trim information to overseas factories
Evaluate collection standing and sketch + refabricate to support seasonal objectives within line plan/SKU count
Exaggerate visual cues to reinforce concept + transcribe amplified garments to runway program with stylist
Support Collection to ProductionSupport Collection to Production
Follow garment to production with Trim Buyer + Production Managers – ensuring correct development + color allocation applied to each body
Field Merchandising Requests + 5+ years of Industry experience (including retail, wholesale, pattern drafting + draping, print design.)
Bachelor’s degree in Design
Handbag experience and interest a must
Timely decision making
Integrity and trust
Learning on the fly
Drive for results
Self – development
Self knowledge Advertised Job Title: Handbag Designer - Calvin Klein (G-III Apparel Group) ID: 2017-6522 External Company Name: Donna Karan Company LLC, The External Company URL: http://www.donnakaran.com/
Luxury Handbag Sales
Job ID: 2018-20596
Posted Date: February 13, 2018
Service - Store Associates
The Luxury Handbag Sales Consultant (Story Teller) is responsible for driving the sale of LXRandCo Mondern Vintage Accessories from brands such as Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Gucci . The LXRandCo Story Teller promotes a high-performance selling culture by inspiring customers and creating new stories and new life in each product.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is being provided and to follow the LXRandCo Story Telling Journey
- Become an encyclopedia of knowledge on Modern Vintage Luxury Accessories
- Ensure clienteling activity are achieving desired target results
- Stay up to date on all corporate training initiatives
- Resolve customer complaints and handle potential problem situations with customers (escalate if required)
- Collaborate with corporate partners and Head Office to participate in promotions and events
- Ensure that merchandise is presented in a manner that will maximize sales and achieve optimal merchandise turn and are reflective of LXRandCo’s direction and build the brand
- Managing merchandise requests from head office for the retail space
- Ensure the space is ready to open or close
- Maintain a clean and organized sales floor
- Follow all LP guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- 1 to 2+ years of retail experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, second languages are strong assets
- Proficient in POS system
- Demonstrated success in driving sales
- Highly resourceful, flexible and a proven ability to solve problems in a timely manner
- Outstanding customer service
- Ability to lift and carry 20lbs
- Organization and strong time management skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends
Associate Handbag Designer
GiGi New York, subsidiary of Graphic Image, seeks a dynamic Associate Designer to join our team. GiGi New York handbags achieved rapid success and acclaim over the past 5 years, supported by 30 years of leather production expertise by its parent company and longtime supplier to the most elite stores in the United States and around the world. Our in-house production in Melville, Long Island makes this a unique position where you have hands-on access to a handbag/accessories factory.
As the GiGi New York Associate Designer, we aspire for you to grow into a full fledge designer through the deeper understanding of all the elements of product/brand development from inspiration, design conception, costing, factory production, and sales results. You will become familiar with a leather supply chain unparalleled among companies of our size. Most critically, you will support our design direction and vision, incorporating our past, present and most importantly the future into the growth of the brand. We recognize the value of outside ideas and are seeking the dynamic energy that someone new can bring to the design process.
Beyond handbags, our factory produces accessories for both the home and personal usage including a bar series and classic bookbinding. As a team member, you will be invited into all areas of discussion that involves products we sell.
Associate Designer – Purpose
The Associate Designer’s role is to participate in both product development and technical support. Toward the latter, you will receive on-hand exposure to the production process and will study costing and product construction, instrumental in the understanding of functional and cost-efficient design. We are looking for an energetic candidate with a creative mind anxious to hone their skills in all aspects of what goes into the creation of a handbag or accessory product from conception to the production floor. It is not an overstatement to say that a training process like this cannot be found anywhere in the United States.
· Active involvement with market trend research.
· Make recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
· Develop new handbags and small leather goods.
· Work with preproduction partners to ensure design packages are complete and accurate.
· Create and update tech packs for new products and review all detailed specs.
· Partner with Product Development regarding materials, pricing, sampling, costing and production.
· Work directly with all areas of the production floor to certify each sample and each production piece is completed correctly and timely.
· Ensure product samples are tested for strengths and weaknesses and communicated to development.
· Ownership of the sample raw materials including cataloging and the management of the sample product library.
- Proficient in full Adobe Suite – Illustrator & InDesign a must.
- Proficient inhand sketching.
- Experience in CAD and pattern making.
- Knowledge of handbag construction and leather decorative treatments & techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization.
- Demonstrated follow through with timely and accurate results.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize under shifting deadlines.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Elevated taste level.
Required Education and Experience:
- Recent graduate or 1 to 3 years of experience in development and designing of leather accessories.
- BA in Design or related field
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, 401k and company paid vacation, sick personal and holidays.
Check us out on the web: www.graphicimage.com and www.giginewyork.com
Graphic Image/GiGi New York is an equal opportunity employer
Luxury Handbag Sales
Job ID: 22
Posted Date: February 05, 2018
Division: Retail/Customer Service - Store AssociatesLocation:
The Luxury Handbag Consultant is responsible for driving sales growth and delivering emotionally engaging customer experiences consistent with the brand vision. The Luxury Handbag Consultant promotes a high-performance selling culture by inspiring customers.
- Build a retail space environment that is sharply focused on consistently delivering exceptional in-store shopping experience
- Provide consistent LXR Story Telling Journey to customers
- Develop clientele and maintain strong client relationships
- Build and ensure customer loyalty
- Handle customer concerns
- Contribute and create an overall positive environment in the retail space
- Collect customer contact information
Managing the Business:
- Uphold the company LXR&CO Story Telling Journey and customer service standards
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and personal image in compliance with company standards
- Consistently achieve sales goals and collaborate with other team members to achieve retail space objectives
- Participate actively in marketing campaigns and achieve events, promotional and contest goals
- Execute visual merchandising standards consistently and daily
- Maintain a safe, clean, tidy and inviting retail space appearance
- Maintain awareness of Loss Prevention operational procedures and protect company assets
- Maintain awareness of all sales, promotions and operational procedures
- Ensure merchandise is handled with care and consideration
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Ring on the register, report and handle all required transactions, issue receipts and pack merchandise
- Conduct the inventory count process
- Receive, open and unpack merchandise and label merchandise with security tags
- Check in and check out shipments in a timely manner
- Perform open/close in accordance with company procedure
- Respond to email communication in a timely manner
- Send End of day report
- Report any issues to Senior Luxury Handbag Consultant
Telling the Brand Story:
- Bring the product story to life
- Lead consistent focus on delivering emotionally engaging customer experiences
- Maintain and develop in-depth knowledge of products and brand
- Create brand awareness
- High school diploma or equivalent (an asset)
- 1+ years of retail experience
- Good communication skills
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills
- Basic Computer skills
- Ability to use POS system (an asset)
- Sales-driven and results oriented
- Ability to serve customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Reliability, integrity and honesty
- Team Player
- Demonstrates ability to drive the brand
- Ability to lift and carry 20lbs
- Ability to work a flexible Schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends
Handbag Sales Intern - Summer 2018
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. at https://www.myworkday.com/pvh
Design Your Future at PVH Handbag Sales Intern - Summer 2018 The Tommy Hilfiger Internship Program offers bright, motivated individuals the opportunity to receive mentorship, supervision, and training. In addition to gaining hands-on experience in their department, Interns will attend various cross functional presentations, learning sessions with Senior Leadership and have the opportunity to work with Interns across the PVH brands on community outreach.
Manage the handbag showroom ensuring it organized and presentable beginning and end of each day
Manage the showroom calendar, both in and out of market periods
Ensure that all supplies and catering are handled for appointments during market
Assist sales team during market appointments as requested
Manage and track all sales samples and ensure the timely return of samples from PR, Advertising and other internal divisions
Support both Sales and Merchandising with photos/linesheet as needed
Communication with team members, as well as accounts as directed by sales team
Coordinate equipment / set up new hires
Code expenses to correct department when needed
Responsibility for light administrative duties, such as, planning business travel and managing expenses
Orders dept. office supplies adhering to budget set for dept. Collects and verifies expense reports for dept., including applying G/L codes
Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize
Professional demeanor and proactive approach
Ability to interface with all levels within the organization
Strong work ethic
Enthusiasm for product
MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and MS Outlook proficiency
Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with adherence to deadlines. Detail oriented. Must be adept at working under tight deadlines while handling emergency tasks
Ability to work in fluid environment with changing priorities required *Please note that applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program during the Summer 2018 semester. A candidate's application acknowledges that they will be available to intern a minimum of five full days per week throughout the duration of the program which lasts from June 4 through August 10. It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. http://www.pvh.com at http://www.pvh.com/ Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future. at https://pvh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PVH_Careers/jobs With a history going back over 135 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest global apparel companies. We are over 35,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $8.2 billion in 2016 annual revenues. We own and market the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, Arrow, Speedo*, Warner's, and Olga brands and, in addition, market a variety of goods under our own and licensed brands. *The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International, Ltd.
If you are reliable and have a good work ethic we want you on our team! Some of the skills we are looking for include: cutting material, staging material, operating telehandler, stick framing, floor and roof truss setting, sheathing floors, walls, and roofs, wall framing, house wrap install, window install, basically everything required to frame a new construction house. If your skill set includes layout, stair building, and efficient at sheathing roofs we will pay a higher hourly rate. We are also willing to hire and train individuals with limited or no experience if they're willing and eager to work hard and learn a great trade! To be considered applicants must be reliable, provide their own transportation, and are able to safely work at a fast pace. Our typical work week is Monday-Friday from 7:00am to 3:15pm. We start each day early so we can end the day early and get you home to do the things you enjoy! We are always busy year round and consistently work 40 hour work weeks. We regularly have overtime available at 1.5xpay for those that want it, but we rarely require it. We believe that we can accomplish enough in 40 hours that our people should be able to enjoy the rest of their time doing the things they enjoy.
Looking for motivated ambitious individual(s). Experience good, not required. Pay based on experience, and capability. Primary task is framing residential single family homes. Crew of 2-5. All new construction. Great tools and heavy equipment. Emphasis on working smart and efficiently. 40-45 hours. No weekends. 7 Holidays off. 1 week Paid vacation after 1 year, 2 weeks after 2 years.
Metal Stud Framer / Drywall Installer / Finisher / Acoustical Ceiling
Metal stud framer / Drywall installer / Finisher / Acoustical Ceiling installer
General Ceiling and Partitions, Inc. has been established for over 30 years & specializes in metal stud framing, drywall, and acoustical ceilings on commercial projects throughout the Pikes Peak region.
Metal stud framers, Rockers, Finishers, & Acoustical ceiling installers wanted. General Ceiling and Partitions, an established drywall company with 30+ years in business is looking for individuals wanting a full-time, hourly position as a commercial framer, rocker &/or finisher working in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas. Competitive pay based on experience and productivity. Overtime pay (1 1/2 times regular rate) available on some projects. Health insurance available after initial waiting period. Bonus pay available with proven ability to run safe & efficient projects.
This is a year-round position. Experience is preferred but we will train those with the desire & ability to learn the trade. Advancement will be expected, and pay/benefits will increase with advances in skills & leadership abilities.
Call, email, or apply in person at 1435 Paonia Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
Transportation & applicable tools required.
Pay based on experience with bonuses, pay increases, health insurance, & other potential for advancement or benefits based on candidates able to demonstrate ability to meet or exceed requirements as noted. Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer of women/minorities/disabilities/veterans. We are an e-Verify employer and all candidates must pass a drug test.
Custom Picture Framer
The Custom Picture Framer works with clients to create beautiful designs, then fabricates those designs using high quality standards in an efficient manner. We are a design focused business who looks for employees with a creative eye, strong work ethic and seeking long term employment.
The candidate best suited for this position is a reliable self-starter with a dedication to superior craftsmanship and excellent organizational abilities. The most successful employees have exceptional customer service and sales skills while always focusing on quality control standards throughout the framing process.
Responsibilities also include working off-site at trade shows setting up, working the booth, and breaking it down. We are a small business and all staff members help out with activities in all departments at Willow Street Pictures: Production, Marketing, and Photo Shoots as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Custom Picture Framer is responsible for everything that happens in the picture framing department.
· Solving problems in order to address customer needs
· Proper storage of materials
· Ordering from suppliers
· Construction of the frames
· Cutting mats and glass
· Maintaining a high-level organization and cleanliness in the custom framing department
· Inputting, tracking and scheduling client framing appointments by using company software
· Utilizing a “relationship selling strategy” via a calm and reassuring approach when discussing, presenting and closing sales.
· General cleaning of framing department
Qualifications and Skills
Custom picture framing is a luxury business, and previous sales experience to this type of an upscale client is preferred. This also means that a candidate should be well spoken. They should feel comfortable asking questions to determine customer needs, finding creative solutions while over-coming objections and closing the sale.
Good basic math skills required; candidate will need to add fractional numbers every day in order to calculate and cut to the proper sizes. Along with that, excellent color vision is required, as working with color.
The candidate is required to use standard computer programs such as Word and Excel at a basic level, and will need to learn several other programs that are used on daily basis. Also, this position requires standing on your feet for 8 hours each day. You should truly enjoy constructing and building things, as 80% of each day will be spent working with your hands and constructing framing packages for customers.
Previous production-type work experience could be beneficial, as we build frames to a schedule, accurately and efficiently. Dress code is business casual, including slacks, dress pants, skirts, dresses and shirts with a collar.
- Paid Vacation
- HSA Insurance plan
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Sick Day
- Simple IRA Retirement plan
- Company vehicle, laptop, tablet, cell phone
- Working with a small group of passionate people
picture framing, picture framer, custom picture framing, art, artist
- Installing foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials
- Fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenters level, plumb bob, and laser levels
- Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels
- Studying specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws
- Following established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Building or repairing cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools
- Assembling and fastening materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue
- Removing damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools
- Inspecting ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures
Simply put, we're not a temp agency and don't just hire anyone. In fact, we're highly selective, committed to hiring only those Carpenters that are highly skilled in their trade with unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be the best.
- 2 years residential framing
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications required by our client for information pertaining to the type of material required to get job done
- Experience working with equipment such as: boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Drug free at all times
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
- Vacation Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision plan
- Prescription drug plan
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
- Incentive programs
- Tool purchase programs
Framer Framing Stick Wood New Construction Carpenter Remodel
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Click here to visit Tradesmen's full website.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!