Handler Job Description Sample
Material Handler / Materials Handler
Maintains an even flow of processed and in-process materials, both inter and intradepartmental. Receives, inspects, checks, identifies, warehouses, and issues a wide variety of materials and parts.
- Receives and locates incoming production materials and checks material for part identification, proper quantities, and acceptability. Initializes corrections to discrepancies in the paperwork associated with the flow of material.
- Stores material in accordance with warehousing practices. Notifies, utility operator or supervisor of discrepancies.
- Issues material in accordance with verbal, as well as written instructions in a timely sequence to meet production demands.
- Delivers materials to proper production or storage areas as scheduled and required. Performs specific department requests for lift assistance. Sets up specific production areas with material tone used on the production lines.
- Drives and is knowledgeable in operating various types of material handling equipment. Makes daily equipment and battery checks for water levels, oil levels, brakes, and tires.
- Loads and unloads trucks and delivers material to the respective area.
- Keeps storage and staging area orderly and clean.
- Required to work outside in various weather conditions.
Material Handler / Forklift Operator - Bilingual (Spanish Speaking)
Georgia Expo Manufacturing in Suwanee is looking for a highly energetic and dedicated employee with a positive attitude for a Material Handler / Forklift Operator position. As a Material Handler for Georgia Expo, you will be responsible for selecting product from various locations in the warehouse, assessing material requirements on the floor, and delivering to specific department production work stations. You will be required to operate various types of warehouse equipment (pallet jacks and forklifts) in a fast pace environment with heavy and continuous lifting. You will also work closely with your department and Production Supervisor.
Areas of Responsibility: Material Handling
- Review orders to ensure proper prioritization of work each day and throughout the day to accommodate for rush orders.
- Continuously monitor production needs in order to proactively supply materials to work stations.
- Setup work stations for the next day production. All work stations should be ready to begin immediately each day without delay.
- Communicate with Production Supervisor concerning material issues, quality lapses, or safety concerns immediately.
- Communicate with Production Associates to determine material-related needs.
- Properly maintain inventory system for fabric and other materials. Properly stock and restock materials in appropriate location to allow for efficient retrieval and counts.
- Work with the Shipping Department to prepare rolls of fabric for shipment.
- Match and select dye lots to meet various customer and/or Sales requests.
Safety and Operations
- Ensure that production area is clean, neat, and orderly including removal of debris from work stations, cleaning of the floor, maintaining clean and clear walk-ways, etc.
- Perform basic and preventative maintenance on machines in Sewing Department.
- Act a representative for Sewing Department at monthly safety meetings.
- Follow all Georgia Expo safety procedures and policies.
- Follow proper lifting safety procedures at all times.
- Safely operate forklift equipment including daily inspections and proactive problem recognition.
- Actively participate in ongoing product, policy, and any other company training.
- In the event of a Sewing Supervisor absence, work with the Plant Manager to ensure efficient and proper Sewing Department operations.
- Demonstrate a professional and respectful demeanor in all workplace interactions.
- Act as a representative of the Sewing Department and Georgia Expo through work ethic and excellent service.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
- Above average bilingual communication skills (Spanish/English) strongly preferred.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with deadlines and production goals.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks and have the ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to identify full spectrum of colors and evaluate different dye lots for color accuracy.
- Knowledge of quality and inventory control practices and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated and energetic.
- Able to interpret and fulfill production orders using reading and math skills.
- Able to follow instructions and adhere to procedures.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years of forklift (sit down) experience required.
- Previous manufacturing or production warehouse experience preferred.
- Ability to walk or stand for up to 8 hours.
Located in Suwanee, GA, Georgia Expo is the largest provider of Pipe & Drape, as well as other exhibition equipment in the United States. Georgia Expo services customers throughout the United States and Canada. We sell all types of exhibition products including Pipe, Drape, Back Wall, Room Partitions, Room Dividers, Table Skirting, Stage Skirting, Expo Tables, Crowd Control Stanchions, Easels, Disposable Waste Containers, Storage Solutions and more! We are known for our outstanding quality, hard to beat prices, and exceptional customer service.
The beautiful thing about Pipe and Drape is that its uses are limited only by your imagination. Our customers range across all industries and include anyone that has an event or room to decorate, organize, or define space in. Although our dedication to being a service provider and relationship builder leads us to prefer to make long-term friends over customers, we sell to all sorts of industries:
Trade Show Decorators / Service Contracts
Party Rental Companies
Event and Wedding Planners
Catering and Reception Halls
Conventions and Civic Centers
Parks and Recreation
Colleges and Universities
Churches and Community Centers
State Fairs and Festivals
Audio Visual and Production Companies
Georgia Expo is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Material Handler – Warehouse Worker – Amazon!
Amazon is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Full-Time Warehouse Associate positions at our Fulfillment center in Hebron, KY!
No experience needed!
If you are interested in working for a fun company, in an exciting, fast-moving environment, then we want you to APPLY NOW!
Now offering a $125 referral bonus!
Click Apply to schedule your appointment with Amazon. On the spot job offers.
(All job offers contingent on meeting eligibility requirements.)
Now hiring for night shifts, 6:30 pm - 6:30 am any day of the week!
- Competitive Compensation - $12.25/hour
- Health care benefits, starting day one
- 401(k) with company match
- Holiday and overtime pay
- Paid time off
- Maternity and Parental leave benefits
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Employee discount
- We also offer flexible work schedules for associates who are in school
Warehouse Associate must meet the following:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Willing to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to read and take direction in English
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Ability to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
- Must be willing and able to work on powered equipment-for example forklift or cherry picker
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state and federal laws
Appointments are approximately 2 hours.
Please expect to complete the following on site during your appointment in order to be eligible for an on the spot job offer:
- Amazon Application
- Amazon Assessment
- I-9 Documentation
Click Apply to schedule your appointment with Amazon. On the spot job offers.
(All job offers contingent on meeting eligibility requirements.)
Floor Support - Merchandise Handler
The Dufresne Spencer Group, the largest owner of Ashley Furniture HomeStores, has an immediate opening for a Furniture Showroom Floor Support at our Edwardsville, IL store. We offer generous vacation packages, employee furniture discounts, multiple healthcare options, premium discounts, employee perks packages, 401(k), and other great benefits.
Floor Support is responsible for loading, unloading, assembling, and placing furniture as well as other minor maintenance duties within the store.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Placing furniture products on the showroom floor as specified by the VPM
- Loading and unloading customer purchases
- Receiving furniture shipments
- Assembling furniture as needed
- Assisting with organizing the showroom
- Maintaining the back room storage area in a neat and orderly manner
- Completing inventory paperwork
- Climbing ladders and hanging accessories or pictures
- Changing out light bulbs and other minor maintenance work
- Understanding and maintaining all safe work practices and rules
- Other duties as assigned, essential or otherwise
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to safely move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to carry out goals and instructions and to follow through on assignments
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, climb, and walk frequently
- Demonstrates a customer focus
Material Handlers perform a variety of manual and clerical duties on our production floor. These tasks are a critical part of our manufacturing process and we could not produce our high-quality labels without their assistance with transporting, inspecting, storing, and delivering the needed materials, equipment and supplies to the production process.
Skills and Abilities:
Previous production/manufacturing experience is helpful.
Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and lift up to 50 pounds
We have openings on the following shift:
Monday- Wednesday 5:30 PM - 5:00 AM
Thursday 5:30 PM - 12:00 AM
I.D. Images was founded in 1995, and is a leading manufacturer of converted label media for the Variable Information Printing (VIP) market. We currently operate six manufacturing and distribution facilities.
We offer a very comprehensive benefit package which includes:
medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick time, 401K match, and tuition reimbursement.
We currently operate 6 manufacturing and distribution facilities- Ohio (2), Illinois, North Carolina, Tennessee, California.
Product Handler (Forklift Operator) 12 Hour Shifts
Day Star Staffing, LLC.
Day Star Staffing employees over 3,000 people yearly across seven different states. We are former educators, friends and family with a mission: to operate a staffing and recruiting company motivated by more than just the bottom line – we want to make a real difference. And we do that by treating job seekers and clients like a member of our team. We treat people like people, not like numbers. Day Star Staffing specializes in temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct-hire openings in the light industrial and clerical fields.
At Day Star, we have a client-based approach. We tailor everything specific to the client. Our job seekers benefit too. By having great relationships with our clients.
Position: Product Handler (Forklift)
Starting Pay:Day Shift:
$12.50/hr with regular raises upon performance review
Night Shift: $13.50/hr with regular raises upon performance review
Benefits: Dental, Health, and Life insurance, Paid holidays/vacation, 401k with company match, Production & attendance incentive programs— Available after completion of temporary period
Schedule: 12 hour shifts (rotating schedule)
- Night Shift: * 7pm-7am
Operate Forklift to: provide packing supplies to 10 production lines; transfer finished product from production lines to finished inventory staging; perform general housekeeping duties.
Paid Weekly: With rotating shift schedule, paychecks alternate weekly between 36 hours and 48 hours (40 hours regular, 8 hours OT).
High School Diploma/GED (or equivalent)
1 year forklift experience necessary!
Ability to utilize computer system scanner for inventory tracking
Must submit to drug screen and criminal BG check
Warehouse Worker Material Handler
The position is responsible for performing a variety of warehouse duties, loading and unloading material within a warehouse / storage facility while utilizing forklifts & heavy equipment to move slab material, unload containers, maintaining facility, and implementation of all appropriate safety regulations (OSHA).
- Move material & items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or other designated areas: to include unloading containers.
- Load & unload both inbound & outbound trucks.
- Tag & identify material using appropriate methods.
- Oversee & maintain all equipment.
- Verify all equipment & material used in loading & unloading meets/exceeds company standards - report any problems or needs to the manager.
- Responsible for quality control by reviewing all incoming / outgoing products for damage.
- Interact with customers while they are viewing material in the warehouse - customer service.
- Make certain proper straps are kept secured on all outside material at the end of each day.
- Ensure inventory area is accessible & safe for employees & customer traffic.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned to or as operational needs dictate.
- Exposure to seasonal outdoor element.
- Regular reliable attendance is an essential requirement for the job.
- Forklift experience a requirement.
- Heavy equipment experience preferred.
- Natural stone slab handling recommended.
- Possession of a diploma & a year of warehouse experience and / or training, or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Competitive salary: based on experience.
- Healthcare benefits.
- 401K plan.
Job Summary. Maintains and operates petroleum facilities and equipment. Receives, stores and issues petroleum fuel. Draws quality analysis samples on petroleum facilities and equipment. Performs operator maintenance on fuel handling equipment and facilities. Prepares receipt, inventory, and issue documents for fuel product accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities. Receive, store and issue petroleum products. Ensures proper handling and segregation of products received and verifies quantity and quality. Documents discrepancies in product receipt quantities and quality. Isolates off-specification products and takes appropriate actions to correct quality problems. Ensures compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
Maintains storage and dispensing facilities. Rotates stock to prevent product quality degradation. Performs operator checks and routine maintenance on facilities. Maintains inspection and maintenance records for facilities. Reports facility deficiencies to appropriate maintenance activity.
Performs fuel functions. Carries out vehicle preventive maintenance. Operates mobile refueling equipment to dispense products to ground support equipment and facilities. Calculates and documents issue transactions for all products.
Maintains fuel records. Ensures accuracy of receipt, inventory, and issue documents.
Maintains quality control of petroleum fuel products. Operates and maintains laboratory test equipment. Collects product samples from bulk storage tanks and dispensing equipment.
Knowledge. Knowledge is mandatory of: composition, properties, and characteristics of petroleum products including toxic, explosive and fire hazards; environmental protection procedures; methods of receiving, storing and testing fuel under normal operations.
Other responsibilities. Must maintain a CA CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements. Pass initial and random drug testing. Work in extreme weather conditions. Speak, read and write English fluently. Wear required personnel protective equipment. Remove trash and weeds at fuel storage and operating facilities. Other assigned duties.
VETERAN ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES LLC (VETS) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify. We encourage Veterans and Military Spouses to apply for open positions.
Assembly Material Handler - 1St Shift - Full Time
Process received inventory to correct location using a cart or forklift. Count parts to make sure they are correct in location, pick list and on machines. Assemble small items ahead of time for machine production. Check fluid levels in machine parts as needed. Unbolt and uncrate items and move to correct location. Reports to Assembly Mgr
HIgh School diploma or GED. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Need to have the mechanical ability to take something apart and assemble it back together again.
Ability to stand 100% of the day, lift up to 50 lbs without assistance and lift over 50 lbs with assistance of manual and motorized lifting devices. Ability to climb stairs and ladders working at elevated heights. Basic computer skills required.
Material Handler - 1St Shift
Material Handler- 1st Shift
Our client is looking for a Material Handler with Stand-up Forklift and Cherry Picker Experience for a long-term temp-to-perm position in Edison, NJ.
Pay Rate: $12/hr
- Sunday - When Needed
- Monday - 8am- 7:30pm
- Tuesday- 10am- 6:30pm
- Wednesday- 10am- 6:30pm
- Thursday- 10am- 6:30pm
- Friday - 9am- Finish
However, candidate must be flexible and able to work weekends
Candidates will be picking orders and will operate stand forklift when needed.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated hard worker with a positive attitude
Job responsibilities may include:
- Operating stand-up forklift when needed
- Maintaining safety practices at all times
- Moving materials within the warehouse to facilitate production
- Relying on experience and sound judgment to accomplish goals
- Performing a variety of tasks
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
- Operating or cross-training on other warehouse machinery
Qualified Candidates should be familiar with standard warehouse operations. You must be hardworking, consistent, and reliable. We are seeking Candidates who are motivated to excel and work well in a team-oriented environment.
Other requirements for the Forklift Driver role include:
· Must be over 18 years of age
· Recent Forklift Driving experience
· OSHA certification, a plus
· Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check
Qualified candidates please apply for this position or call the office at 732-810-0900.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!