Hardness Inspector Job Description Sample
Principal Electrical Engineer - Analog & Radiation Hardness
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Hardware Engineering team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Electrical Engineer - Analog & Radiation Hardness based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Utilize knowledge/experience in Radiation Hardened electrical/electronics design.
Responsible for detailed design of Analog circuits and sub-systems.
Design tasks include system level requirements analysis, sub-system level requirements development, conceptual design, preliminary design, and detailed design through design verification and transition to production.
Analysis tasks include detailed circuit modeling, simulation and analysis, signal integrity analysis, electrical stress analysis, and worst-case circuit analysis.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
Paid Time Off
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
This position may be filled at a higher level based on the requirements listed below.
Level 3 requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics Engineering with 5 years of relevant experience; Master's degree in Electrical, Electronics Engineering with 3 years of relevant experience.
Level 4 requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics Engineering with 9 years of relevant experience; Master's degree in Electrical, Electronics Engineering with 4 years of relevant experience.
Additional qualifications for both levels are:
Electrical circuit design.
Circuit modeling and simulation.
Knowledge of Radiation Hardness for electronics circuits
Circuit and sub-system test and troubleshooting.
U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Masters' degree in Electrical Engineering.
Direct experience in Analog circuit design.
Direct experience in Radiation Hardness for electronics design.
Circuit board design.
Signal integrity analysis.
Worst case circuit analysis.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Quality Control Inspector
|JOB TITLE:||Quality Control Inspector||DATE REVISED:||8/9/2018|
|Quality Assurance Manager||Department:||Quality Control|
The Quality Control Inspector, under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, conducts routine and non-routine inspections of raw materials and transit vehicles in various stages of the rehab or repair process in order to maintain product quality. The Quality Control Inspector uses a variety of testing devices and procedures to ensure the established standards are maintained for each contract or scope of work.
- Direct product testing throughout production cycles
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Inspect raw materials to ensure consistency and integrity
- Maintain, test, and troubleshoot instrumentation devices
- Analyze quality control information to all relevant departments as well as outside vendors or contractors
- Confer with Marketing and Sales departments to define client requirements and expectations
- Create and implement inspection and testing criteria or procedures
- Track defects, test results, and other regularly reported quality control data
- Document testing procedures, methodologies, or criteria
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points
- Identify and address potential problems before they occur
- Additional cross-functional duties as needed
- One year of transit bus or over-the-road bus experience
- One to two years of related training or experience as a QC Inspector
- Class B driver’s license with air brake and passenger endorsements
- Strong mechanical knowledge of air brakes and air systems as well as diesel and CNG engines
- Bus electrical knowledge is a plus
- Computer skills including Word and Excel. Access is a plus
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
OSP Field Inspector - Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking an Outside Plant Inspector to join our client’s team and become an integral part of their continued success throughout the Los Angeles, CA area.
This is a long-term project. Please apply ASAP if you think that you are a fit.
As a Fiber OSP Inspector you will be involved in quality control for our client’s Fiber Build. You will be responsible for complete inspection and acceptance of fiber placement (FTTX) and associated construction activities for the OSP build project, aerial and underground cable systems, splicing, testing, termination, cable placement, construction/infrastructure, and make ready tasks.
- Previous experience inspecting OSP (outside plant construction)
- Inspecting quality and recording field records – including review of OTDR results and As-built drawings
- Three or more years of related OSP inspection experience and/or training; previous telecommunications experience a must.
- Experienced in construction practices of aerial (communications & power make ready, attachments, etc.)
- Knowledge of GO95 Aerial, GO128 Underground practices
- Experience with GPS Data Collection of as-Built facilities
- Knowledge of As-Builts, redlines and project inspection guidelines
- Knowledge/Understanding of Fiber and Splicing Maps
- Clean driving record
- Good Excel Skills
Your duties include:
- Be the eyes and ears for our client on the construction site
- Ensure projects are built per plans and specifications
- Strive to achieve project success
- Prepare daily diaries using cloud-based platforms or Microsoft Office
- Measure quantities of work performed and prepare quantity calculation sheets
- Troubleshoot field issues and report findings and recommendations to engineer or client
- Verify that traffic control, pedestrian access, and site conditions are safe
- Work hand-in-hand with the engineer or client
- Coordinate and schedule subconsultants including materials testing, environmental, etc…
- Possibly manage other inspectors
- Work at a variety of project sites and offices in our focus areas (greater Sacramento and surrounding counties).
Our ideal candidate is one or a combination of the following:
- Experienced Road / Bridge Inspector – Experienced inspectors / assistant resident engineers (5+ years) who have an extensive resume of work on City / County / State road or bridge projects.
- Early Career Road / Bridge Professionals – If you are an inspector / EIT / new PE with a short resume of road / bridge inspection work, we would like to talk to you. If you are in a related field such as bridge design/project management and want to work in construction management, but do not have experience in construction, we may be able to help you make the jump.
- Contractor Superintendent / Foreman – Some of our best inspectors have extensive prior experience with a Contractor. If you are stuck in a grind of high-stress 70-hour weeks, then we can help you make a change.
- Retired Government Inspector – If you are retired, or are close to retiring, from public service, then we are interested in talking to you. We can arrange a full-time or part-time solution depending on how much you want to work.
- Vertical Building / Water Resources / Federal / Aviation Inspector – We want to expand our market in these areas within our focus regions. If you are an inspector who also has an interest in the business and marketing side of the industry, then we can offer you the opportunity to grow your skills and share in the success of growing a business.
Minimum Qualifications are:
- Familiar with Word and Excel
- Writing skills appreciated
- Ability to work overtime / nights / weekends when required
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Able to work in a variety of work environments from offices to remote locations
- Able to work outdoors for an extended period of time
- Able to walk 10 miles in a day
- Able to climb ladders and walk up steep slopes
- Valid California Driver's License
For 18 years Salaber Associates has helped clients successfully deliver their construction projects. Our projects range from small encroachment permit work to streetscapes, buildings, and bridges. Our clients range from small towns to Caltrans. Almost all of our current work is within 60 miles of downtown Sacramento.
Aside from competitive pay and benefits, we feel that the following things set us apart:
- Shorter Commutes – We focus on clients in greater Sacramento and the surrounding counties, West LA, and South Bay LA. If you live in Citrus Heights, you will not commute across a toll-bridge and fight Bay Area traffic. We make efforts to take your commute into consideration in the work we pursue, and in our project assignments. We want you to spend less time on the road and more time with your family or interests.
- You are not a Number – Our managers keep in touch. You can expect regular visits from our president to catch up over a meal or beverage. We want to make sure you have what you need to do your job and if you need any help on your project.
- Experienced Help – We take quality control seriously. You will be supported by experienced engineers, managers, and inspectors to work through issues.
- Growth – We want to build our company and our employees. We will work to help you grow professionally and tackle new challenges.
- Reliable Clients – Most of our business is from long-term repeat clients. We want to help you keep them happy so we can keep you busy.
- Other Benefits – Other industry standard benefits include
- Company provided vehicle or vehicle allowance.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Company provided cell phone or allowance
- Company provided computer or allowance
- Company parties and events
Quality Inspector I
San Marcos, CA 92078
Pay Rate: $15-$18
Hours: 7:30am-4:30pm 5/8 Schedule
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Inspector will maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, finished products, and recording the results. Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must, as well as a keen attention to detail.
- Inspect all commercial products at receiving and in-process inspection.
- Complete operation sheet with stamping and dating for controlled production.
- Maintain lot traceability.
- Interpret production schematics, specification and/or blueprints.
- Perform final inspection of complex assemblies or first article inspection.
- Administer prescribed inspection procedures, set up and checks.
- Perform visual inspections on production bench-assembled components and subassemblies for conformance.
- Predetermine electrical and/or mechanical standard, specification or tolerances.
- Prepare effective reports and presentation of departmental information.
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others both internally and externally.
- Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or related to our quality system and processes.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in medical and/or manufacturing QA inspection.
- Must be able to operate standard inspection devices and/or elementary testing equipment.
- Able to build and test complex subassemblies and final assemblies.
- Must be able to read and understand wiring diagrams; schematics, blueprints.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and follow verbal and written job instructions.
- Experience working in a controlled environment where lot traceability is required.
- Computer experience (using Excel) for data collection.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Requires US citizenship or permanent resident status.
Field Construction Inspector
Provide independent onsite construction quality assurance and inspection services as a high-level construction inspector to support the overall operational objectives of the Civil Engineering Unit (CEU) Oakland. The Field Construction Inspector (FCI) contractor shall provide inspection services specified herein in connection with construction projects for Government contracts as developed by Civil Engineering Unit Oakland (CEU Oakland).
Provide all onsite inspection and construction quality assurance services required to deliver completed construction project in compliance with contract documents. The number of projects assigned to the FCI shall be at the discretion of the Supervisor/Construction Section and may involve recurring overnight travel to various USCG project sites in California, Oregon and Washington. The number of concurrent projects assigned shall be limited such that assigned as per this Scope can be completed within a 40 hour standard workweek with no overtime work hours required.
Qualifications and Other
- The Field Construction Inspector (FCI) assigned must have knowledge of building and construction crafts since detailed inspections must be performed to ensure the required workmanship. The FCI shall be capable of reading and understanding contract drawings and specifications. Furthermore, the FCI shall have a minimum of five years of applicable experience on construction projects or other similar experience acceptable to the Contracting Officer. This experience shall include a wide range of trades including, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, roofing, and general building construction.
- Knowledge of acceptable current construction Building Codes in general, procedures and practices, materials and equipment used in the construction of buildings, public works and marine facilities. This knowledge is necessary to render determinations of satisfactory contract performance, for identification of factors which could affect contract cost, impact/delay completion time and for recognition of jobsite safety violations.
- Ability to understand and interpret construction specifications and plans. This knowledge is necessary to confer with contractor's representatives at the site and to ensure quality assurance compliance with the project design.
- Knowledge of contract administrative techniques to ensure that proper administrative procedures are followed in the initiation of contract modifications, in inspection reporting and record keeping, and in contacts with the contractor's personnel. This knowledge is also necessary to monitor the contractor's quality control program, inspections, tests, records and their specific operation controls.
- Knowledge of construction cost estimating to determine the adequacy and validity of contractor's partial payment requests and to assist in making cost estimates for contract modifications.
- Skills to communicate effectively by both verbal and written means as the primary on site spokesperson to coordinate operations between the contractor and the Unit where the construction work is being accomplished, and to provide necessary through and concise information to Government and public officials. Ability to utilize Windows 10 and MS Office software as part of the standard USCG IT Workstation applications are highly desirable.
AC4S is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets
Inspect Aerospace and Defense components for compliance to blueprint or specification requirements as called out on customer PO’s and work routers.
- Use Bore Gages, Micrometers and other precision measurement devices.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints, customer specifications, technical procedures, or governmental specifications.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- High School Diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous inspection experience with Plating and Metal Finishing.
- Previous inspection experience with precision manufactured components.
- Must have experience using computer applications, including Microsoft Office and Manufacturing Software.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Qa/Qc Inspector
- Analyze malfunctions and repair, rebuild and maintain power equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or equipment to diagnose defects, dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools, examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges, replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions, and test overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency.
- Weld broken parts and structural members, may direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment, and may repair, adjust and maintain mining machinery, such as stripping and loading shovels, drilling and cutting machines, and continuous mining machines.
- Monitors work of less experienced mechanics
- Provides technical assistance in diagnosing problems beyond the capability of assigned personnel.
- Maintain a safe work record.
- Lift on an occasional basis a maximum of 70 pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 40 pounds.
- Must be able to climb in and out of military vehicles and related equipment.
- Must be able to stand for at least two continuous hours.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Must be able to work in cramped areas for at least two continuous hours.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions to include intense heat, heavy wind, blowing sand, heavy rain, and snow and sleet.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Eligible for and be able to obtain a U.S. Government motor vehicle operator's permit for assigned class of vehicle.
- A good working knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
- An understanding of the needs of the organization serviced.
- Analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions to include intense heat, heavy wind, blowing sand, heavy rain, snow, and sleet.
Technica recognizes the value of diversity in our workplace and is committed to equal opportunity. Technica provides fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sexual preference, partnership status, gender identity, disability, genetic information, and protected veteran status, status of participation in the U.S. Armed Services, or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Technica hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Technica reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Technica encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and members or veterans of the U.S. Armed Services to apply.
Technica offers paid time off, health, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance benefits, and 401(k) options to all full-time employees.
This position description is subject to change at any time. Only persons submitting applications through Technica’s on-line application process will be considered for employment.
ESG Operations, Inc. is the fastest growing utility management company in the Southeast,. We provide full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net.
The Utility Inspector and Project Coordinator will have responsibility for utility construction inspection, including installation of water, sewer, storm and surface/curb systems. Job duties will also include work with grease trap and back-flow inspections. This will be a hands on position with about 70% of time spent in the field and 30% in office performing related administrative tasks. If you are a highly determined professional ready for career-developing opportunities and a commitment to improvement, please contact us.
- Enforce standards and specification requirements; enforce adherence to permit/code regulations and city, state and federal requirements; verify quality of work and materials.
- Complete project inspection reports, pay estimates, change orders and force account documentation; maintain inspection records and project documentation files.
- Review sites for issues regarding work quality and compliance with approved plans, drawings, specifications, permits, standards and codes including environment protection laws.
- Coordinate with test labs and direct materials sampling and testing. Review test results to ensure compliance; provide follow up direction concerning non-compliant materials.
- Issue stop work orders for work commencing without appropriate permits or not in compliance with prescribed standards.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 or more years of experience in construction inspection or similar field; OR
- A combination of the education and experience that would provide the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Preference to candidates that have 3 or more years' experience in utility construction inspection/installation of water, sewer, and storm water collections systems.
- Experience in grease trap and back-flow inspections helpful
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Range Safety Inspector
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Satisfy the requirements of the government’s work plan.
- Perform maintenance and upkeep of property and equipment located throughout the MOUT facilities and other range training areas.
- Clean out and clean up broken and destroyed training atmospherics and turn items into the appropriate recycling lot.
- Conduct thorough walk through, police, reset, and safety inspection of all MOUT facilities, to include structures, tunnels, basements, grounds—including associated COPs and FOBs.
- Inspect facilities and conduct cleanup and property accountability.
- Collect, sort, and turn-in brass to the appropriate facility.
- Conduct range inspections upon completion of unit training.
- Assist with the generation and tracking of work requests to correct facility deficiencies (as required).
- Assist in the coordination of maintenance support (as required).
- Adhere to regulations, SOPs, and safety procedures within all training areas.
- Adhere to Company vehicle policies.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- High School Diploma
- Range Safety Distance Learning Course (MarineNet)
- Experience working with military personnel preferred.
- One-year experience as a contractor or work in the construction field.
- Initiative based personality.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Requires manual labor for extended periods of time.
- Prolonged outdoor exposure to the elements.
- Heavy lifting (50 lbs. plus).
- Daily travel in training areas during work day.
- Poor driving conditions due to rugged terrain, weather, and range debris.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!