Hardness Tester Job Description Sample
ETL Tester / Datawarehouse Tester
Responsible for providing Quality Assurance services to projects, maintenance activities and taking ownership of the quality of one or more applications while conducting Quality Assurance development processes, developing test solutions, and assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Quality Assurance best practices and testing standards.
Analyzes business requirements for completeness, test-ability and develops test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test scripts, test data and will carry out the Quality Assurance testing activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the Quality Assurance standards of the organization.
Analyzes business requirements, design documents for completeness and test-ability
Develops test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and test scripts for different types of testing activities
Performs execution of test cases, test scripts, captures test results, test metrics and reports them
Identifies and tracks system defects, Performs root cause analysis of the defects and works with the development team to resolve them
Partners with test leads and architects to develop and establish Quality Assurance standards and best practices
Performs and coordinates system verification and validation test activities utilizing various tools such as Client Quality Center/Application lifecycle Managemen
Overall 6+ years of experience of IT experience with minimum of 5+ years of ETL/ Data Warehouse Testing
Experience in writing complex SQL & PL SQL statements to test ETL code based on the data mapping & requirements provided and perform extensive data analysis to identify the defects. Strong Data ware house and BI concepts
Experience in working testing through Informatica or related ETL tools, Oracle database, BI tools like OBIEE, etc. and has experience working with UNIX/LINUX
Experience in working with large scale Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Integration, Data Migration and upgrade projects.
Experience in creating Test plan, test cases and engineering best practices related to software test engineering, both manual and automated testing
Experience coordinating testing activities and optimizing test cycles working with project team.
Experience with conducting and running defect triage meeting with project teams
ETL, Data Warehouse, Testing, SQL
Senior- IOT Tester
Location: Memphis , Tennessee
Duration: 6 months
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Client's business problem to solve:
Tester needed to help client test their IOT Application
Position's General Duties and Tasks:
Day to Day job Duties:
• Interact with Client stakeholders to understand Business and technical needs.
• Interface with client Architects to develop Hardware and Software Testing Framework.
• Work on creating Testing roadmap in an IOT Application.
• Guide other testers in implementing testing framework.
• Interact with Developers for Application testing.
• 5+ years of Testing experience for the Test Lead/Architect
• Prior knowledge or experience in IoT (Internet of Things) is a huge plus
• Experience in hardware testing is preferred
• Basic knowledge of application development is required
• Some proficiency in SQL is required
• Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Travel: This position is based in Memphis TN.
Degree: Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Manual QA Tester
- Reading Requirements
- Follow up and documentation
- Data Mapping knowledge/Understanding
- SQL Queries
- Ability to handle fast-paced chaotic environment
- Manual testing experience
Penetration Tester / Red Team
- As an experienced professional, provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues. Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques.
- Coordinates the reporting data security incidents. Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products.
- Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations.
- Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures.
- Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
- Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems.
- Must have a strong Red Team Penetration Testing background
- Must have experience and be very proficient with the common tools associated with penetration testing (Metasploit, Burp Suite, Cobalt Strike, etc)
- Must have a solid understanding of voice and data networks, major operating systems, active directory, and their associated peripherals
- Must demonstrate knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
- Must be able to critically examine an organization and system through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms.
- Must be able to both work independently as well as effectively work in teams with individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds
- Ability to effectively code in a scripting language (Python, Perl, etc)
- Desirable certifications: OSCP, GPEN, OSCE
- Previous experience working in the financial industry
- Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
About eTouch A Virtusa Company:
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12+ months
- Product testing to be performed on Web + mobile;
- Minimum of three years of work experience;
- Solid knowledge of accessibility testing methodologies
- Proficient using screen readers like JAWS/NVDA
- Responsible team player with good communication skills
- Ability to operate independently and with little supervision
- Proficiency using screen magnifiers like Zoomtext and switch devices
- Familiarity with Braille
- Google experience is a strong plus
Thanks & Best Regards,
O: +1 510-399-7819 | C: +1 678-778-1959 |
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org |
Location: Reston, VA
Client will sponsor Public Trust. Candidate must be clearable.
Work Status: U.S. Citizen or Green Card
Position Status: Long term, Open ended Contract
Our client is looking for QA Tester candidates for a position located in Reston, VA. The client is a well-known consulting firm with clients in both the public and private sectors. Qualified candidates for this role will have experience in both testing and developing test scripts.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Some experience testing for Agile (Novice experience accepted)
- Experience with testing automation strategies
- Experience with functional testing and development of test scripts
- Understanding of Defect Management process
- Experience with testing administration tools (Rational, CQ, etc.)
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, & Dallas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Tester With REO Experience
We collaborate. We create. We innovate.
You're a business professional with an innate curiosity that thrives in a dynamic and Agile environment. You appreciate teamwork, exemplify integrity, perseverance, flexibility, and a generosity of spirit... if this sounds like you, then please apply ? we'd love to meet you!
Celerity's Dallas team is expanding and on the hunt for the savvy, creative, and analytically sound individuals that are motivated by solving complex problems. We're in the business of transforming how people, process, and systems co-exist, while improving operational efficiencies and user-driven interactions. We work with groundbreaking companies, melding expertise in Digital Strategy, Technology, Creative, and Business Transformation.
What You'll Do
Support several COTS and home grown applications
Full life cycle testing including unit, system, regression, integration, and acceptance testing
Responsible for UAT planning, test case creation, execution, defect tracking, and reporting
Work within a collaborative team environment to solve critical business problems.
Minimum of 7 years of experience in development and quality assurance testing of software applications
Strong UI Testing experience
Ability to run and modify SQL statements
Experience working in an Agile environment
Quality Center experience
Excellent communication skills
Comfortable working in a large team environment
Previous experience working as a consultant
Any experience using Automated testing tools
Prior experience working in the mortgage industry
We Are Celerity
Millions of people every day use websites, applications, and business processes designed and built by Celerity. As a consultancy of technologists, creatives, and business experts, we provide the action plans, teams, and solutions our clients need to transform the way they do business and deepen engagement with their customers.
Celerity empowers autonomy and accountability. We understand life happens and want our team to do what is needed to get the work done, enjoy it along the way, and have plenty of time and energy for family and friends, vacations, hobbies, learning of languages, you name it! At Celerity, our focus is on bringing synergies to business process, technology, and creative chops to deliver inspirational solutions. We love giving kudos and celebrating achievements. We provide an inclusive and flexible environment that fosters collaboration, quick pivots, and quality work.
Originally founded in 2002, Celerity was acquired in 2015 by AUSY, a France-based IT consultancy and engineering services firm. With 8 regional offices and 400+ employees, Celerity's clients span a variety of industries including media and entertainment, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, non-profit, and hospitality.
You can also get to know us better on Instagram, Facebook, Behance, Dribbble, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Build Your Career
At Celerity, our professional growth plan focuses on individualizing everyone's track through incorporating personal interests with training and mentorship, while further expanding existing strong suits. We recognize in this ever-evolving digital world, there is extreme value in learning new skills and technologies. Celerity provides opportunities to shape skill sets, work with an amazing team of industry-leading consultants and exciting clients, in addition to professional trainings and certifications that best align with your career goals.
Our People are everything. Celerity provides a diverse and holistic benefit package: Check out what joining Celerity can do for you and your family.
Celerity is driven to make positive contributions to our colleagues, clients, and communities. We are committed to giving back and supporting a variety of causes. Check out some of the organizations we support.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Software Tester (Niche) II
This role is for a Software Tester with proven quality assurance and project analysis experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Responsible for leading development of test scenarios for unit, process, function, integration and acceptance testing. Assists in the distribution of all Quality Assurance practices, standards, methodologies and metrics. Performs test executions and writes test scripts for complex integrated systems. Performs regression testing on new software releases and reports findings. Provides technical support and guidance, software installation, problem solving and troubleshooting. Offers input to development on findings reports. Participates in the development and implementation of structured testing concepts, methodologies, and automated testing and support tools. Provides status reporting to QA and management. Involves senior management to resolve deficiencies or compliance issues in a timely manner as needed.
Experience with the niche technology/product will be expanded upon in the job description.
- Ability to create simple queries ( Oracle/SQL Database)
- ETL Testing
- CI/CD, or DevOps experience a plus
QA Tester & Business Analyst
Herndon, VA - only local candidates will be considered - no remote
W2 long term contract (2+ years)
Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Public Trust Clearance Required
Seeking a Quality Assurance Tester with Business Analyst skills – Java Development Environment for our client in Herndon, VA.
4+ years experience with responsibility for planning and executing SIT across major, and minor releases.
Design, develop, and configure software test cases to validate application functionality.
Participate in requirements gathering sessions, and will work with team members to identify requirements, and test application functionality.
Apply knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support the project.
Responsibilities will include:
• Participate in requirements gathering sessions
• Create test plans for SIT testing
• Create test cases for SIT testing, including the identification, collection and/or creation of test data
• Execute frontend, and backend tests
• Develop, update and maintain quality testing standards and procedures
• Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environment(s)
• Facilitate and/or participate in structured walk-throughs, and peer reviews
• Lead/participate in the coordination, and execution of release testing
• Mentor other testers on methodology framework testing processes, and application knowledge as appropriate
• Determine and meet time estimates, and schedules for testing efforts
• Proven ability to work independently, and as a team member
• Strong understanding of the full lifecycle (SDLC) with Agile/Scrum experience
• A strong understanding of web-based applications
• Strong understanding of different types of testing methodologies (system integration, regression, functional, compatibility, unit, performance, negative etc.) and an ability to plan/execute accordingly
• Proven ability to develop test conditions, and understand expected results based on the application requirements
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to translate between business and technical concepts)
• 2+ years’ extensive experience developing manual tests in ALM
• 2+ years’ experience working with a Relational Database
• 2+ years’ experience writing intermediate level SQL queries
• 2+ years’ experience working with Java development/principles
• Experience working with XML
• Proven ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
• Proven ability to identify, define, and document business requirements (functional and system)
• Proven ability to participate in requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable
• Proven ability to track, and fully document changes to business requirements (both functional and system)
• Proven ability to clearly communicate requirements to other development team members
• Manage changes to requirements throughout the project lifecycle
Oracle EBS Tester (E-Business Suite)
Conduct Integration and User Acceptance Testing on Oracle financial modules and documented test results in HP ALM, including the reconciliation and testing of reports/extracts in these modules. Test planning, test script creation, HP ALM management, and defect remediation. Review and asses SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) documentation to ensure they are updated and relevant.
Manage defect resolution from initial occurrence to successful outcome. Work with Development, Infrastructure, Testing, and Operational Divisions (OpDivs) teams to resolve defects. Manage and track defect status and provided proper documentation of defects in HP ALM. Develop daily defect report summary. Coordinate daily defect calls with stakeholders to provide up to date status.
Oracle EBS Testing experience
Experience in Federal Financials
Develop documentation experience is required
Experience working in an Oracle EBS environment
About EDC Consulting
Headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA, EDC Consulting LLC (EDC) is a leading small business provider of enterprise solutions and strategic business support to the Federal Government. With more than 150 employees and over 100 client engagements, EDC has extensive experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining complex business systems and software solutions for a wide range of Department of Defense, civilian Federal, state and local and commercial entities. EDC is an Oracle Platinum Partner, SAP Partner, Edge Partner, and Premier Business Partner of the IBM Corporation. EDC Consulting was recognized in Washington Technology Magazine’s “Fast 50” list of Washington DC’s fastest growing companies and has consistently been named to Inc. 500 magazine’s list of the nation’s fastest growing privately held companies.
Visit EDC Consulting on the web at www.edcconsulting.com.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!