Hardness Tester Job Description Sample
Associate Cloud Penetration Tester
Rhino Security Labs is a boutique security assessment and penetration testing firm, focused exclusively on providing the best offensive security engagements to our clients. For the security layman, we research, develop, and utilize highly technical attacks to identify security weaknesses in client corporate environments - before malicious attackers find them.
Our assessment team is a specialized group of security engineers and penetration testers, with technologies ranging from traditional networks and cloud environments to various applications and IoT devices. All of these assessments are driven by the team’s research and development initiatives.
Culturally, we are a high-energy, technical group of hackers and builders who love what we do - whether researching new security vulnerabilities, developing new tools, or just automating internal tasks. We prioritize (and invest in) constant education, research, and pushing the envelope with technology.
Rhinos work hard and play hard. We constantly look to improve our offerings - and hold high standards for ourselves - but we also know how to unwind. With lunch-and-learns, game nights, and regular happy hours, you’ll get to know the lighter side of your coworkers in no time.
For more information on us and what to expect, check out Rhino’s Company Principles.
The ideal Associate Cloud Penetration Tester candidate is an excellent communicator, team player, and passionate about information security. They will have experience in AWS services (or services of other major cloud providers), as well as working with cloud infrastructure programmatically (via the API). Knowledge of cloud security concepts and tools -- such as those on the Rhino Security Blog -- are preferred, but not required.
Training opportunities are available for this role, but the candidate should be comfortable with a fast-paced culture with rapidly changing priorities, ensuring the success of client security projects. Expect to be constantly learning here - new vulnerabilities, exploits, tools, application languages, and research initiatives.
As part of the penetration testing team, you will be planning and executing security tests on a range of targets - primarily within AWS, GCP, and Azure cloud environments, as well as web applications.
Research is critical to Rhino’s continued success. You will have both the opportunity - and responsibility - to contribute original security research, such as developing new tools and identifying cloud vulnerabilities. Extensive team support and education is available in support of these goals.
As an Associate Cloud Penetration Tester, you’ll be an essential part of Rhino’s penetration testing team, involved not just in security assessments, but the groundbreaking security research those assessments rely on.
- Execute penetration tests and security assessments alone or as part of a team, primarily focused on AWS environments, and other major cloud platforms. This will expand into webapp penetration testing as training develops.
- Create assessment documentation and reports, clearly identifying vulnerabilities and associated remediation steps.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate and improve current cloud pentesting processes (such as new modules for Pacu and CloudGoat)
- Conduct new cloud security research and work with others to develop blog posts on findings
- Actively continue education and technical skill development, improving personal capabilities and those of the team
- Located in Greater Seattle Area, or willing to relocate
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic experience working with AWS services and API (or other major providers, such as GCP/Azure)
- Basic experience with Python (or other scripting languages)
- Strong ability and drive to learn and develop technical security skills
- Passion for cloud security and penetration testing in general
- Experience working with cloud security tools, such as Pacu, Cloudgoat, CloudMapper, or others.
- Technical experience working with multiple cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Basic experience/knowledge of other security disciplines, such as web application security or network security
- Full Health Benefits - Medical / Dental / Vision
- Generous equity and stock option plan
- Extensive training and education, both internal lunch-and-learn's and external courses
- Regular Research and Development opportunities (with bonus structure for all published research)
- Annual bonuses based on company and individual performance
- Open kitchen - free food and drinks - and regular happy hours
- Relaxed work involvement - do your best work in the way that suits you
Software QA Tester
As our QA Tester based in Austin, TX you will use your analytical mindset and testing skills to ensure consistent quality of our application services platform. You will be testing a variety of heterogeneous systems including applications written in .NET, web applications written in PHP, a variety of relational databases, and reporting systems. You will work closely with the existing development team in a fast-paced, Agile development environment. This is a regular full time position and relocation assistance is not available.
Designing, developing, and executing test cases in a black box environment
Working with development team and QA team to define test plans for releases and identify areas of risk to existing functionality
Planning, scheduling, executing, and reporting tests to validate functionality of new features
Investigating reported operational issues and assessing risk and severity
Bug validation and verification
Collaborating with business stakeholders to ensure software meets business requirements
1 + year of experience in testing and/or software development
Experience using black box testing methods to validate UI and system functionality, such as web forms and workflow testing
Basic understanding of database concepts and SQL queries
Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
Basic experience with bug tracking systems and familiarity with software development lifecycles
Aptitude for technology and a self-starter attitude
AWL (All Web Leads, Inc.) is one of the most successful customer acquisition marketing companies in the US. Simply put, we help our customers acquire customers. Today, we do this for the US insurance industry. Our amazing team of over 500 talented and successful professionals uses Internet marketing to turn consumer interest in insurance products into policy sales for the world's largest insurance carriers and more than 30,000 of their agents. We are Austin-born and our growth from a 2-person startup in 2005 to a highly profitable business has been remarkable. We are a tight-knit team with a fast paced, energetic, and entrepreneurial company culture that has been ranked Top 10 Best Places to Work in Austin for 2017 and 2018. We provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, and a fabulous, fun, collaborative environment that allows our people to be their best.
Quality Assurance Tester - Edina, MN
Mortgage Cadence, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture, has been partnering with mortgage lenders since 1999, offering the industry's only true one-stop shop mortgage technology solutions designed for point-of-sale through post-closing. In a time when efficiency, speed and the customer experience are paramount to the success of lenders, Mortgage Cadence offers the most reliable software and dedicated people, supporting lenders every step of the way. Each of our products has revolutionized the mortgage lending process in some way, changing the way lenders lend and borrowers finance.
As a software company, we think like a start-up, with every employee empowered and encouraged to be visionary. Teamwork and innovation define what we do as we take our customers into the future by providing the last lending solution they will ever need.
The Quality Assurance Tester collaborates with Quality Assurance, Product Management, and Product Development to plan and execute quality assurance activities throughout the software development life cycle. The individual is primarily responsible for driving the quality of the application while ensuring the application conforms to both functional and non functional requirements. Applies proven analytical and problem solving skills to help validate processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in initiatives.
Localization QA Tester | Cupertino, CA
RWS Moravia is looking for Bilingual Localization QA Tester with a keen eye for detail, interested in Linguistics or Translation to work with us in a multicultural environment.
Candidates must have native speaker fluency in one of the following target languages:
- English (UK & Australia)
- Spanish (Mexico & Spain)
- French (France & Canada)
- Portuguese (Brazil & Portugal)
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese (Taiwan & Hong Kong)
Our client is a Fortune 100 company, whose office is located in Cupertino, CA. Testers will be asked to perform complex linguistic and functional testing of localized software applications and websites. In this role, testers will then identify, analyze and report the bugs found to help our client launch products of the highest quality.
- Hourly, non-exempt, part-time position
- W2 payroll position
- Working hours: 6-8 hours per day (time frame: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm)
- 5 days availability preferred
- Onsite position in Cupertino, CA
- Eligible to work in the US
- Native speaker fluency of target language
- Cultural awareness of targeted language
- Regular contact with the target language
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Must be able to type in the target language with local keyboard
Skills and Experience
- Familiar with iOS products, services and features preferred
- Highly-organized, with attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to track, analyze, and report issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible with tasks, easily adapt to change in project
- Prior translation, editing and proofreading experience
- QA experience
If you meet the requirements above and you are interested in this position, please submit your résumé.
RWS Moravia Recruiting Team
Bilingual, Linguistic, Translator, Translation, Interpreter, Editor, Quality Assurance, QA, Localization (L10N), Internationalization (L18N), Globalization, Teacher.
Resource Management Concepts, Inc. (RMC) provides high-quality, professional services to government and commercial sectors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional management and technology solutions supporting the protection and preservation of the people and environment of the United States of America.
RMC has an opportunity for a stand-out Software Test Engineer with 3+ years' experience to support software testing activities in Indian Head, MD. We are seeking applicants with an understanding of the software development life cycle and a solid understanding of development activities (languages, databases, frameworks, libraries).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Design, modify, develop, write and implement software test cases, plans, and reports
Review, learn and understand software and application functionality as necessary to properly test specific feature capabilities
Apply an understanding of distributed systems to configure test environments and execute test plans
Work with the software development team to troubleshoot and remediate issues in production environments
Analyze and understand each project's environment, architecture, and interdependencies to determine and apply appropriate test methodologies and cases relative to applications being tested
Utilize the selected defect tracking and test case management system to document test sets, record defects and record test case execution results
Attend information sessions that pertain to newly developed features. Provide accurate feedback during review of documents.
Write scripts for automated testing of application functionality
Report clearly to supervisors the status of assigned tasks
Complete work successfully within allotted timeframes (scheduled hours)
Learn and adhere to testing processes and policies
Excellent problem solving skills
Experience working in a fast paced web application development environment is preferred
Experience using multiple testing protocols/methods
Excellent problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
Proficient in creating and executing master test plans, test cases, and test reports
Ability to comprehend complex usage concepts and assess an application's ability to fulfill them
Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to positively interact with the customer and team members.
The selected applicant must have DoD 8570/DoN 5239 IAT Level II or III certification (Sec+, CASP, CISSP, etc.) or a Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in IT or related field. A DoD 8570/DoN IAT Level II certification is required within three (3) months of hire.
Security Clearance: An active DoD clearance is required to start. A Top Secret will be required. Applicant selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for RMC job vacancies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Penetrate desktops, servers, applications, operating systems, and security systems to gain root/admin access
- Provide black-box penetration testing utilizing tools and techniques to conduct cybersecurity evaluations for highly specialized network communication systems
- Modify open source exploits to bypass/evade antivirus, firewalls, hardened systems, and IDS/IPS systems
- Modify computer/system/network attacks, exploits, and Metasploit modules to create variations that evade detection
- Perform reconnaissance, privilege escalation persistence, lateral movement, and payload generation for multiple targets
- Hide digital artifacts and communications to evade antivirus, firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, Wireshark, and tcpdump
- Work independently to analyze, research, and solve technical problems
- Leverage existing business processes and document new repeatable business processes and procedures where necessary
- Research external information on cybersecurity events, incidents, threats, and technical vulnerabilities
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Must have an active TS/SCI w/poly clearance.
- BS degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering, Network Engineering, or Computer Forensics.
- Experience with Kali Linux and Metasploit tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to explain complex technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Forensics, Network Security, or equivalent technical experience.
- 4 years of exploit development, computer/network security, or network traffic analysis using analytical tools.
- Expert knowledge of networking components/devices and various OS/applications in Linux and Windows environments.
- At least one of the following certifications: CISSP, OSCP, CEH, CEPT, GPEN, EnCE, GASF, GSFE, or BLCE.
QA Tester - Kansas City - Full-Time
Location: Kansas City, MO
ALM and HP Performance center
Quality Assurance Tester with 10 years of IT application development experience of with at the minimum 5 - 8 years of QA testing experience. Highly motivated, always learning and willing to partner with their leadership team, project teams, and clients. They must have a positive attitude that sets the tone for their team. Most importantly, they embrace unique culture by sharing their knowledge and experience with our team through collaboration, group work and peer review. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Agile/SCRUM experience is a plus.
* US citizenship
* Bachelor's degree
* 3-5 years of experience as a Quality Assurance
* Experience with ALM and HP Performance Center
* Experience in the creation of SQL scripts
* Experience with change management and defect tracking tools JIRA is a plus
* Strong interpersonal skills and written communications
* High standards of confidentiality; ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and trust
* Excellent customer service skills and strong ability to manage business relationships
Note: If interested please send your updated resume and include your rate requirement along with your contact details with a suitable time when we can reach you. If you know of anyone in your sphere of contacts, who would be a perfect match for this job then, we would appreciate if you can forward this posting to them with a copy to us.
We look forward to hearing from you at the earliest!
Software Quality Assurance Specialist/Applications Tester
Graham is looking for a Software Developer that will be responsible for providing Software Graham is looking for a Applications Tester that will be responsible for providing testing support to the Office of Medical Services and Office of Security customer. The development and Quality assurance testing will include new development and O&M support for 30+ applications. SMS uses agile methodology to plan and execute work. New development will use the SMS approved technology stack.
- Demonstrated experience writing and executing manual and automated test scripts.
- Demonstrated experience executing functional, unit, integration, and regression testing.
- Active TS/SCI w/Full Scope Poly
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle or SQL.
- Demonstrated experience automating test scripts using Selenium or JUnit.
- Demonstrated Java programming experience.
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
Hardware QA Tester
The Hardware QA Tester is responsible for the daily test operations. The candidate who fills this position will be responsible for reporting and reproducing bugs in the client and company databases, as well as collecting various test metrics as warranted by test plans. This position is on site, in Redmond, WA.
- Responsible for testing a variety of games titles, audio and video media, peripherals and the hardware itself on the Xbox gaming console
- Enter test data into a proprietary database application
- Perform reproduction of testing errors
- Perform ad-hoc game play
- Provide verbal and written feedback on the products under test
- Perform reproduction trials of issues based on the reproduction requirements
- Triage and document bugs and report to Test Lead using a proprietary database application
- Write up issues utilizing Team Foundation Server
- Set up and install software on PCs and gaming consoles
- Strong knowledge of Xbox One games
- Strong knowledge of the operation of the Xbox hardware, peripherals, and Dashboard
- Knowledge of the Windows 10 OS
- Be able to multitask and perform well in a high pressure situation
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Able to work with little supervision, have a high level of organization skills, and adapt to a quickly changing test environment
- Excellent triage and defect writing skills
- Familiar with the gaming industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Assist and participate in project reviews, revisions, production problem corrections, enhancements, and usability testing of any functionality required to administer policy sales and servicing in the NPS and ANA operating systems. Assist as a liaison between developer and end-users, provide technical support to successfully implement system changes to the comprehensive policy and agency management system to comply with filed programs for multiple states, companies, products and lines of business. Increase business and system knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Prepare test plans and scenarios for usability testing, execute test scenarios, approve project implementation and verify the production output upon implementation
Responsible for verifying the accuracy of new states/ products, rate revisions, projects, and production problem corrections, to ensure a quality product
Formulate the test strategy for testing through analysis of system requirements which includes participating in meetings to discuss specifications
Assist in project planning, incorporating system considerations for various operational areas, and submit the request for programming changes
With supervision, coordinate and document the resolution of problems encountered during and subsequent to the usability testing
Assist in performing quality control procedures in the production environment
Perform other duties as requested
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer expectations
Demonstrates strong problem solving skills
Demonstrates effective listening, communicate, interaction, discretion, and diplomacy skills
Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with business and technical resources
Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environment
Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to aggressive project deadlines
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
Demonstrates a general understanding of the insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company
Previous Property and Casualty Insurance experience strongly preferred
Prior project management experience preferred
Demonstrates the ability to understand and translate user needs into business specifications
Demonstrates working knowledge of company operating systems and processes including a working knowledge of the policy administration system
Demonstrates the ability to conduct investigation and research into system errors and discrepancies
Demonstrates skill in the development of test plans and test cases through thorough analysis of requirements
- About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!