Hardware Assembler Job Description Sample
Tri-Fab Associates, a Custom Sheet Metal Fabricator in Fremont is seeking a Hardware Assembly to become an integral part of our team! You will perform assembly line tasks as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency.
- Must be able to read basic mechanical drawings
- Must be able to setup hardware insertion equipment
- Must be familiar with the standard hardware used for sheetmetal production
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have basic assembly tools (pliers, wrenches, screw driver, allen wrenches) and measuring tools (calipers, micrometer, rulers)
- Knowledge of sheet metal hardware types and manufacturers; ie. Pem, Southco, helicoils, etc.
- Must have previous experience in sheet metal manufacturing, assembly
- Familiarity with assembly tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Day and swing shifts available
Production Assembler II
The position of Production Assembler II provides technical support and assembly of hardware to meet specifications. This entails following technical instructions, managing inventories, testing functionality, preparing product for shipment and supporting returned or broken products. The position is based in the corporate offices in Virginia Beach, VA. The position reports to the Production Manager and
· Perform assembly of product as needed to meet production goals.
· Assemble product to meet specifications and operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis(JSAs)
· Perform QC checks as necessary utilizing industry standard documentation.
· Perform assembly of wiring, cables, electronic components, and mechanical assemblies.
· Soldering and repair of PC boards and assemblies as needed.
· Perform basic painting, drilling, or filing as needed.
· Perform required testing of finished product or subassemblies.
· Utilize drawings, work instructions, and wiring diagrams to assemble products.
· Collaborate with team to improve assembly procedures, design of product, productivity, and quality of assemblies.
· Assist in managing inventory.
· Track and analyze assembly procedure and make changes to allow for greater productivity, quality and cost reduction
· Technical assistance with preparation of documents concerning assembly, installation and Bill of Materials
· Complete daily production logs
· Clean and maintain work area. Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use
· Identify risk mitigation actions and risks
· Work with Management and engineering staff to support other aspects of product development
· Support company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and good manufacturing practices
· Able to lift 30 lbs
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Able to multitask and prioritize
· Organized and detail orientated
· Experience level: 3-5 years
· Pay is commensurate with experience.
Assembly Shop - Assembler
Position involves all aspects of the assembly processes including putting up inventory stock, parts pulling, assembling, repair/restock, wash/prep/paint and general clean up. The main focus of the position at this time is assembly of reducers and motors. Excellent mechanical aptitude and experience is required, including a background in hand assembly.
- Hand assembly of gear motors, reducers, and adjustable drives, maintain parts stock between assembly lines, putting up inventory stock, parts pulling, restock, wash/prep/paint and general clean up.
- Assemble unit per shop deck specifications.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, circlips, or other fasteners.
- Use SEW assembly tools to assemble product.
- Operate drill presses, arbor presses, hydraulic presses, pneumatic tools and various hand tools to assist in assembly operation.
- Use calipers, depth and paint mileage gauges.
- Maintain hardware stock at the work area and keep work area clean and free of debris.
- Must visually inspect all work and rework as necessary.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Assembly Shop.
- Meet the company’s minimum production requirements for standard build times per unit.
- Initial shop deck before moving unit down assembly line.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to develop improvement techniques.
- Ability to learn SEW-Eurodrive products, including technical details.
- Must be able to safely move material to and from workstation using fork truck or overhead crane.
Prescription Drug Card
Life Insurance and Accidental
Death & Dismemberment
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Retirement Plan, including 401(k) and Profit Sharing
Atec is growing!
You too could be a part of aerospace’s industry leader. Atec was recently awarded the 2016 Small Business Subcontractor of the Year award from NASA's Johnson Space Center. Atec specializes in the design and production of quality critical components and test systems for the aerospace and energy markets. With an abundance of collaborative individuals Atec is an organization that provides the opportunity to truly reach your potential as a professional!
Assist Senior Lead and/or Manager in coordinating employee activities in assembling components and/or units by means of mechanical or electrical requirements. Assemble components, subassemblies, products and systems
Aid in training, planning, assigning tasks and performance appraisals under direction of Manager or Senior Lead.
Read work orders, follow production drawings and sample assemblies or receive verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
Position and align parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture or other holding device.
Install finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
Assemble and attach hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches to assemblies.
Perform intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating, and color coding parts and assemblies.
Tend machines that press, mark, drill, or wind component parts.
Use basic electronic test equipment to verify work quality during assembly process.
Adjust or trim materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
Assist in problem solving regarding component installation and/or discrepant materials.
Review requests for engineering assistance from other employees before submission.
Ensure activities are conducted in accordance with Atec International Standards Organization (AS9100/ISO) policies and correct and report any deviations to appropriate area manager/supervisor.
AS9100/ISO Specific Duties
Be familiar with and understand Atec Quality Policy and company objectives.
Understand required AS9100/ISO specific Procedures and Work Instructions.
Complete all work routers and understand the quality requirements for each task.
Participate in Atec Improvement Machine (AIM) as appropriate.
Participate in AS9100/ISO training as required.
Cooperate with Auditors.
Report any deviations to appropriate area manager/supervisor.
Assist in supervising daily activities of employees in Assembly Department.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the policies and applicable laws.
Assume Senior Lead duties in his/her absence.
Monitor personnel to ensure activities are conducted in accordance with Atec AS9100/ISO policies and correct and report any deviations to appropriate area manager/supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED, or one to three years experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
Must be able to read and interpret drawings and electrical schematics.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Good eyesight; by lenses if necessary.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Extended work hours may occasionally be required.
www.atec.com Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Atec has the qualifications, production facilities, skills, and experience to manage all phases of space exploration project successfully: Prototype, Production Engineering, Manufacturing, Electronic Assembly, and Cryogenic Testing. We can fabricate, assemble, and qualify flight hardware to your specifications. Our experience includes vehicle components, cryo fuel systems, engine sub-assemblies, actuators, control valves, and instrumentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Assembler In Greenwood SC
Our client in Greenwood has an immediate need for MULTIPLE Assembly Technicians. The pay rate is $12 per hour and 1st or 2nd shift is available.
Assemble, adjust or repair using hand and air tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges and measuring devices assemblies and sub-assemblies of a repetitive and/or non-repetitive nature as required.
Fill out ISO checklists, quality checklists, customer checklists, feedback forms, and production lists for supervision, drafting, customer service, and engineering as required.
Mount and install electrical equipment. Perform wire operations as required.
May be necessary to communicate with customers during customer inspections of assemblies.
Receive, pick, label, pack and prepare for shipment, all material and assemblies.
Maintain minimum levels of Kanban inventory and report shortages to appropriate operators.
Inspect all assemblies for loose or missing hardware and cleanliness.
Basic Qualifications :
High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Relocation is not offered for this position.
At least 3 months of experience using hand and air tools
At least 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
A Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the manufacture of quality parts, the inspection of product, the maintenance of the plant and equipment, the handling of material, keying computer entries, and so on. A Manufacturing Technician may be asked to work in any department, at any task. This is a multi-grade position, pay will be commensurate with skills and versatility.
There is no required experience for this job. Mechanical aptitude and basic math skills are required. Familiarity with computer systems or personal computers will be helpful.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
The Manufacturing Technician will be provided with ongoing on-the-job training. There is a minimum six- (6) month probationary period.
Since its inception in 1919 Zierick Manufacturing Corporation has been a valued supplier of standard and custom engineered stamped, metal products to end users in the electrical and electronic industries. End users for our products typically fit into a classification of being original equipment manufacturers (OEM). This type of manufacturing, termed electronic packaging and production, is considered a light industry and usually involves an end product based upon an electronic or electrical design, with the end product designed to meet requirements in industries such as appliance manufacturing, automotive electronics, communications, computers, consumer electronics, electronic components, industrial controls, medical electronics and office and business equipment.
Over the years the company’s products have developed into a broad range of interconnection hardware items, such as lugs, clips and splices, electronic and electrical wiring devices for printed circuit board interconnections and packaging, such as quick disconnect terminals, pins, posts, test points, IDC’s, sockets, solder lugs and screw terminals. In addition to our full line of terminals and connectors the company also offers a full range of automatic application equipment which is used by the end user to produce finished products.
The company maintains its headquarters, including manufacturing and design facilities, in New York’s Westchester County. The regional sales offices are located in Illinois and Ireland. The company plans to enjoy steady growth through new product introductions and sales of existing products that meet today’s demand for product performance, quality, reliability and delivery.
multiple openings for Assembly Line Operator workers for one of the largest computer hardware companies in Fremont, CA. All openings are directly related to the different stages of the assembly process. While the Assembly Line Operator role may be open, other roles with the following responsibilities may be available as well.
The roles can either be anywhere from:
Placing Stickers on the assembly
Loading assemblies on carts (20lbs)
Pushing/ Pulling carts of assemblies from one point to another
Using an electric Screw Driver
Wiping screens before packaging
Moving pallets using pallet jacks
Hardware Department Assembly
This position is responsible for performing assembly operations as detailed in the Manufacturing Order and engineering drawing, functional testing of product and kitting/packaging of hardware of shipment. Responsible for working on the shop floor performing assembly of machined components.Frequent bending, lifting 50lbsBasic computer skills
Ability to read instructions
Ability to lift 50lbsEmployee Benefits:401k, Dental, Health, Life insurance, Holidays, PTO, Retirement Benefits, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance, Vacation.Deco will require all applicants to undergo a pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.EOE
Apple Hardware Repair Technician
Essential Duties and
- Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctioning Apple hardware and software
- Replace and/or upgrade internal hardware components of Mac laptops, desktops, and iPhones
- Install operating systems and software
- Communicate with customers regarding repair status; advise the best course of action
- Fully refurbish pre-owned computer equipment for resale
- Create service request orders in our customer database
- Maintain and update of our customer database used in creating service request orders
- Assist customers in purchasing decisions when needed
- Organize and test new and used computer parts and peripherals
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain a professional image and attitude
Special Skills, Experience, and
- Strong experience in Apple computer and iPhone repair (Apple certification preferred)
- Proficiency in Apple OS and configuration
- Passionate about technology, computers and learning new systems
- Applicants with previous employment by Apple will be considered first
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Able to maintain a positive attitude provide fast paced, detail oriented work
- Able to multi-task
- CA state issued drivers license required
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to lift 40 LBS
- Must be willing to work overtime to finish a job
- Passionate about helping people
This job is very dynamic and requires a great amount of professionalism and attention to detail. Our clients' needs must be handled in an efficient manner while keeping all other priorities in mind. As a growing business there will be opportunity for advancement, opportunity to manage others, and opportunity to grow as an individual. You will become more productive, your mind will become sharper, and you will be able to multi-task more efficiently. You will learn to handle stress more effectively. You will also learn a great deal about technology, business, management, leadership, and organization.
We are a relatively new but growing company. We need the next employees we hire to be a staple in what makes this company successful. This will require you to be in it for the long haul. Don’t think of this as just another job. Think of it as the beginning of your career.
Please send a detailed cover letter describing why you would be a good fit in our company as well as a copy of your resume. Please no drop-ins or calls. We will contact you if we decide to start the interviewing process.
LHC is exponentially growing and looking to hire self motivated hard working individuals who are looking to advance their career further. Since we are expanding rapidly, opportunities for promotion will be available.
Sales Representative - Paint, Hardware AND Lumber
If you're tired of working in the cold the rain and the mud but you love the construction industry we would love to talk to you about a position in sales, selling paint, hardware and lumber to the construction industry.
The Sales Representative is the first level of contact with existing accounts in their assigned territory at PACOA. They are solely responsible for sales performance and customer relations. The Sales Consultant will utilize corporate tools and applications to document, plan, monitor, and meet sales objectives within their territory.
In this position you will work hard, getting outside your comfort zone, see frustration that comes with growth and work in a turbulent market that applies pressure to perform by honoring your word.
· Monitors and analyzes market conditions, competitor activity and customer base, and adjusts sales plans accordingly.
· Monitors call cycle, meets with Sales Manager to plan territory sales strategy and to refine call schedules; Builds and implements a strategy for all accounts and creates in-depth strategy for key accounts.
· Expands your accounts and territories by helping customers succeed.
· Partners with sales manager to identify and have in-depth understanding of account opportunities and adjust call schedules and business plans accordingly.
· Gets in front of 8-10 clients a day
· Anticipates and addresses customer needs and issues proactively, resolves customer issues in a timely manner and uses the opportunity build a stronger relationship.
· Demonstrates an obsession for the customer experience through customer involvement.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· High School or GED required
· Working knowledge of email, and basic Microsoft office
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!