Hardware Engineer Job Description Sample
Synergy ECP is a Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business SD(VOSB) that was formed in July 2007 with Headquarters in Columbia, MD and is made up of talented, dedicated staff to provide a broad range of services to the defense, intelligence and health care industries.
In an ultra-competitive environment, Synergy ECP has thrived by adhering to our name, making sure excellence is displayed by our Employees, to our Customers and by Improving Performance (ECP).
It’s what sets us apart, enabling us to be an autonomous yet agile business that delivers huge results - showing we’re ready to meet our customers’ evolving demands.
Synergy ECP has earned a client list that includes numerous Fortune 100 companies, in addition to multiple branches of the US government and military services.
Synergy ECP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Other Requirements: U.S. Citizenship
• Strong background with Cisco routers/switches/etc.
• EMC equipment and storage solutions
• Linux/Unix sys admin experience and familiarity with VMWare
• Analyzes and recommends hardware specifications for project-unique or modified commercial hardware
• Prepares Mean-Time-Between-Failure and Mean-Time-To-Repair analyses
• Conducts site surveys; assesses and documents current site network configuration and site-unique requirements
• Recommends specifications for hardware acquisitions
• Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages
• Develops hardware installation schedules based upon set-up, integration, and test timelines
• Prepares drawings documenting as-built configurations at each site
• Prepares site installation and test reports
• Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment
• Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware
• Prepares installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
• Analyzes hardware specifications and system/subsystem requirements to conceive and document a practical design for hardware components to include servers, network devices, transmission media, storage devices, user interface devices, and special processors
• Prepares functional requirements and specifications for hardware acquisitions
• Ensures that problems with operational hardware have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user's requirements
• Assists with preparing installation guides, field test procedures, and troubleshooting guides
Pay Rate: $68.00 Per Hour
Work Experience: Minimum 5 years
Must have experience in:
- Analyzing unit failures and developing corrective actions.
- Debugging/Testing all parts of analog & digital designs.
- Evaluating production partners (local and offshore), including quality of work assessments.
- Managing vendor issues. Verify compliance with quality standards.
- Evaluating end-of-life and component change notifications and sourcing alternate components
- Maintaining configuration management of HW items.
- Creation of clear and concise HW specifications, design documentation, HW-related detailed design documentation, BOMs and Parts Lists, verification tests, and reports.
- Reviewing and evaluating supplier/vendor documentation and provide suggested courses of action to upper management for all HW-related components.
- Working closely with CAD designer, board fab & assembly vendors.
- Implementing modifications to automated test equipment and test software.
- Experience implementing serial communications interfaces (such as CAN, USB, I2C, SPI, RS232 & RS485)
- Awareness of signal integrity and EMI/EMC issues
- Familiarity with Compliance standards (MIL, SAE, FCC, EN).
Experience in following is a Plus:
- Xilinx/Altera CPLD tools or similar.
- Implementing audio amplifier circuit and analog board design
- Implementing switching power supply design of DC/DC converters
- Experience with schematic capture software ORCAD
- Experience with thermal design and heat sinks
- Experience using scope, logic analyzer
- Experience with Labview
- Assist new product development through participation in designing and developing analog & digital hardware.
- Implementing analog & digital designs using schematic capture software tool (Orcad) which include generating net lists, parts lists and printed circuit board layout.
- Design layout, component placement and trace routing.
- Developing guidelines for board layout
- Design and develop analog & digital hardware OR reviewing the designs/products from vendors
- Guide Mechanical design for enclosures
Education: BSEE: Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering
GENESYS is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Dunwood (north Atlanta) client is seeking a contract to hire Hardware Engineer who will be responsible for:
- Design and develop board level hardware.
- Electronic component selection such as microprocessors, SoC’s, memory interfaces, etc.
- Supports product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Provide detailed and accurate estimates for hardware development estimates.
- Create electrical schematics using various CAD tools.
- Supervise PCB layout; specify component placement, analog/digital, high speed, power planes layout guidelines.
- Conduct design reviews and FMEA/DFMEA analysis.
- Develop and maintain documentation, such as technical hardware specifications, test procedures, etc.
- Execute ECN/ECO to implement engineering changes.
- Participate in lab activities such as system bring-up, system testing and debugging, stress/long duration tests, etc.
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Experience with designing analog/digital circuitry.
- Experience designing with switching/linear power supplies.
- Experience with RF/cellular modem-based designs.
- Experience with troubleshooting electronics to the component level.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT).
- Experience with simulation tools.
- Experience with various lab equipment, such as real-time oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, protocol analyzers, logic analyzers, etc.
- Power management design (Power budget calculations, low power, Li+ battery/charging circuitry).
- Communication protocol/ hardware interface knowledge, such as RS232, RS485, USB, SPI, I2C, Flash, ADC/DAC, WiFi/Bluetooth.
- Design for EMC/EMI to meet agency compliance such as UL, FCC, CE
- BS Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent. MS Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!