Harlem Job Description Sample
English Language Arts Teacher- Middle School
St HOPE Leadership Academy is a college-preparatory public charter middle school in Harlem, New York City. The school opened in 2008 and serves students in grades 6 through 8. St HOPE provides a rigorous curriculum, intensive interventions for students performing below grade level, and a defined character development program in a structured and disciplined learning environment. At St HOPE, community service is valued by students, parents and staff. To help meet our students’ diverse learning needs, each core class at St HOPE is taught utilizing a collaborative co-teaching model. St HOPE provides multiple opportunities for leadership at the department and grade team level. In addition, St HOPE provides a $2,000 stipend per year to every full-time staff member to explore external opportunities for professional development.
To educate self-motivated, productive, and critically thinking leaders who are prepared to succeed in a college preparatory high school, committed to serving others, and passionate about lifelong learning.
To ensure every St HOPE scholar graduates ready for a life of learning and service, we are seeking an English Language Arts teacher who has multiple years of teaching experience. Our priority is on differentiated, small group instruction. Classrooms will have two co-teachers that work together in a supportive, collaborative environment.
· Responsible for all lesson plans, assignments, assessments, and other instructional materials and methods of teaching in your classroom
· Collect, report, and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data about students and refine lesson plans accordingly
· Support a school culture of high academic and behavioral standards and create a supportive and engaging learning environment
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
· NYS teaching certification or eligibility to be certified
· Special Education certification highly preferred
· Love of literature, knowledge of YA books, and a passion for reading and writing
· Ability to work as part of a high performing team, including exceptional communication and organizational skills
· Desire to work in an urban middle school, experience in NYC or other urban setting preferred
· Demonstrated belief that all children deserve an excellent education
· Competitive and commensurate with experience, with starting offers up to 15% above DOE salary.
· Full benefits package includes retirement plan with employer match, HRA, FSA, STD, LTD, paid time off, medical, dental and vision coverage as well as paid parental leave.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
St HOPE Leadership Academy (SHLA) is an equal opportunity employer. SHLA does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for ensuring clinical planning, coordination, and management of nursing staff and daily operations of the clinic. He/She/Ze works with nursing staff to plan, deliver and evaluate nursing care based on the needs and concerns of patients and administration. The Nurse Manager serves as Team Leader and maintains quality of care through an on-going process of assessment, planning, implementation, and the supervision of the medical support staff.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are mandatory requirements of the job:
Primary Care Nursing Services:
· Provide administrative and clinical supervision to Primary Care Staff RN, LPNs and MOAs
· Ensure that clinic medical supplies are ordered and that exam rooms are stocked
· Triage clients as appropriate for primary medical care
· Manage client flow through primary care clinic
· Assist in coordination of care as appropriate
· Conduct staff evaluations on an annual basis
· Participate in collaborative activities as appropriate
· Provide back-up support when Collaborating Nurse Manager, RNs, and LPNs are out
· Manage the staff schedule, including approving staff time off
· Participate on the infection control committee
· Manage all CLIA WAIVED Testing Logs
· Coordinate the management of DOH STI forms
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Assists Program Director or Director of Clinic Operations and Chief Medical Officer in coordinating Quality Assurance functions.
· Participates in Primary Care CQI activities
· Serves as the coordinator for HIV QUAL
· Participant on Medical Home Team
· Ensures that the quality of care and environment are acceptable.
· Enforces adequate Infection Control standards, with guidance from the Medical Director.
· Assesses and evaluates all nursing activities so that all New York State Department of Health/AIDS Institute regulations are addressed.
· Reviews and evaluates charts, comprehensive care plans and any additional records pertaining to client care in order to ensure accurate, timely and
· Assists in the development and revision of nursing policies and procedures.
· Provides consultation and in-service training to staff and volunteer staff when appropriate.
· Ensures that program supplies are utilized efficiently and economically.
· Ensures that communication between nursing services and medical vendors are/is timely and accurate.
· Ensures that lab, x-rays and other diagnostic tests are completed as ordered and that reports are received.
· Oversees the development of the record keeping system for the nursing division of the ADHC.
· Participates in nursing conferences to remain current about HIV issues.
· Supports and participates in advocacy efforts to end the twin crises of homelessness and AIDS.
Care Planning and Case Management
· Coordinates the interdisciplinary comprehensive care planning sessions and other team meetings as directed.
· Co-leads care planning discussion with Clinical Director and obtains consensus on goals, and interventions when co-manager is absent.
· Manages client care so that client assessments and other documentation are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Oversees the formulation of a
written comprehensive care plan based on the contributions of the interdisciplinary team when co-manager is absent.
· Remains knowledgeable about condition and progress of all clients in program.
Education and Certification
Must be a Registered Nurse licensed by the State of New York. Must have at minimum, a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university. Experience serving persons with HIV/AIDS whom may have histories of substance use, chemical dependency, and/or psychosocial or mental problems required.
Supervisory and management experience necessary. Experience working in a setting that promotes interdisciplinary care planning.
Special Skills and Knowledge
In addition to the above-listed job responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this position possesses most or all of the following:
· Strong communication skills
· Strong phone skills and proper etiquette
· Organizational skills
· Bilingual English / Spanish preferred
Outside Sales Consultant (Pre-Set Appointments)
Outside Sales Position (B2B)
Who we are:
Running a business today is more complex than ever. No matter what type of company you are running, you need to make sure that you are offering your customers as convenient an experience as possible. One of the biggest ways to do this is by accepting credit and debit cards as a form of payment. The downside to this, however, is that the merchant processing fees can get quite expensive.
With most processing companies, the merchant absorbs the costs of these payment fees, which can be 3-4%, or even more, depending on the processing companies involved and the type of cards that are accepted. If you use FREESWIPES, on the other hand, you don’t ever have to pay another dime to the credit card companies. This can save you thousands of dollars per year, while also providing you a more convenient experience everyday!
We are seeking an Outside Sales Consultant to join our team to present a revolutionizing product that was recently approved and released within the Credit Card processing industry. We are looking for people to get in from the ground level of this
BRAND NEW product.
Present and sell company products and services to new and existing customers
Prospect and contact potential customers
Reach agreed upon sales targets by the deadline
Resolve customer inquiries and complaints
Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest developments
Create sales material to present to customers
At least 2 years of outside sales experience in B2B sales.
Familiarity with CRM platforms
Ability to build rapport with clients
Strong negotiation skills
Deadline and detail-oriented
$80k first year income
3-5 Qualified appointments daily per Sales Consultant
Comprehensive sales training
Sales Manager that will be assisting in closing deals indefinitely
High upfront commissions for each closed deal
Lifetime Residual Income
Weekly and Monthly bonuses
Cash Advance commissions
Higher commission splits for experienced individuals
RN - Unit Manager, Full-Time
A professional RN nurse employed to supervise the total nursing activities of the assigned unit around the clock. To ensure that each patient receives treatments, medication, and diet as prescribed, and rehabilitative nursing care as needed, receives proper care to prevent decubitus ulcers and deformities, and is kept comfortable, clean, well groomed and protected from accidents, injury and infections. The LTC Unit Manager serves as a liaison between all other departments and personnel on the unit.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Twenty four hour responsibility for all nursing care on unit.
- Direct standardization, enforces policy and procedures. Develop and adapts work techniques and methods of resolving nursing service problems.
- Plans nursing care to meet the total needs of the patient.
- Initiate the plan of care for the patient through assessment and interview of the patient on admission; assures completion of 5 admission assessment: Pain, side rail, fall risk assessments, Incontinent, Mini-Mental. Assesses completion of admitting nursing notes to reflect information needed to complete MDS. The information will be the basis for the plan of care initiated by Unit Manager. The MDS Coordinator will complete the MDS.
- Complete the Skin Risk Assessment for all admission & readmission and assure that resident has proper mattress and seat cushion as applicable.
- Head care plan conference weekly with Social Worker, Activity Director, CNA, Dietician and MDS Coordinator. When needed notify Rehab Department of need for attendance. Follow-up on recommendations of Care plan Committee.
- Adjusts care plan when indicated on coordination with the MDS Coordinator. Care plans can and should be updated by the Unit Manager as situations present.
- Initiate the ICP summary and have ready for discussion at the care plan meeting.
- Responsible for weekly wound rounds. Submit copy of wound report to DON, MDS coordinator, Rehab and dietician on a weekly basis. Coordinate wound rounds with wound nurse.
- Assist MD with floor rounds providing information on status of resident.
- Responsible for the proper transcription and execution of physician’s orders, accurate documentation, maintenance of the clinical record completeness and accuracy of medication record through chart auditing.
- Supervises CNA performance and completes yearly and initial 45 day evaluation.
- Initiates disciplinary action of CNA’s when warranted.
- Holds weekly unit meetings with Nurses and CNA’s.
- Addresses resident and staff concerns to promote quality care.
- Complete room rounds at least twice a shift to observe and evaluate resident’s physical/emotional state and safety. Has knowledge of resident’s condition at all times. Ensure rooms are clean and neat and presentable at all times.
- Provide direct patient care when needed.
- Keeps Director of Nursing informed of status of patient and other related matters.
- Adjusts CNA’s assignments when warranted.
- Assumes responsibility of On-Call Manager every 6 weekend, responsible to handle staffing issues and clinical concerns of staff on duty. When indicated will consult DON for appropriate concerns.
- Assures completion and proper follow through of doctors call list daily.
- Directly supervises staff nurses to ensure their completion of duties as well as the direct supervision of CNA’s.
- Charts audits.
- Other assignments may be given as deemed necessary by the DON.
- At least one-year experience in a supervisory capacity in a long term care
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Current RN license.
- Must have interest in Geriatric nursing.
Steam Valve Installer
We are seeking a Steam Valve Installer to become a part of our team! You will assist with the installation of steam radiator valves and equipment.
- Assist with the installation of steam radiator valves and equipment
- Furnish tools, materials and supplies to other workers
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Track all equipment and supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in minor plumbing, maintenance, or other related fields
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
We are seeking a Dermatology Receptionist to join our team! You will perform clerical and administrative functions in order to drive company success.
- Greet and assist onsite patients
- Answer inbound telephone calls
- Perform all other office tasks
- Previous experience in office administration or other related fields
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Medical Office Assistant
Responsibilities include creating a schedule, alerting patients 48 hours ahead, scanning & filing charts & schedules, data entry into medical software, answering phone, pre-authorising medication.
HS & above, having a working knowledge of office equipment, ability to maintain patient privacy, At least 2 years experience
Pay according to experience.
Please email email@example.com
- * Extremely generous upfront Commissions average $400 to $1200 per account
- * Management and other opportunities are encouraged and available.
- * Residuals LIFETIME FROM DAY ONE with no quotas paid out at 50%
- * First year expected income is between $85,000 & $100000
- * Comprehensive training and sales support.
- * Reliable transportation with a Valid Driver's License
- * Basic Computer skills and access to a Computer, laptop, or tablet.
- * Strong Sales experience is a must, with a proven record of closing Sales
- * A strong focus on exceeding Customer Expectations
- * Strong written and verbal communication skills
- * Self-motivated and results driven
- * Time management skills with the ability to work independently
Responsibilities and Accountability:
- This purpose of this role is to enhance the Group s technical delivery and provide proactive project leadership.
- Exceptional leadership of projects, individuals, teams and the department as a whole. Maintaining and developing the highest standards of technical quality; continuously developing the department through innovation and creativity.
- Promoting BuroHappold s integrated services to potential Clients. Reviewing financial and technical submissions/proposals; attending interviews.
- Developing and maintaining key client relationships under all circumstances, maximizing opportunities for repeat business.
- Project Director for appropriate group projects, taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships.
- Directing multiple projects across the group, taking responsibility for the engineering solutions while ensuring financial success.
- Mentoring and Coaching Colleagues - Associates, Senior Engineers and Engineers so that meaningful delegation can apply within the team.
- Ensure latest learning and development initiatives are implemented as required within the team. Support the management of reward and recognition of the team.
- Ensure delivery of the process of high-level project technical/quality reviews of specifications, reports and drawings produced by the team.
- Maintain the skills balance within the group in line with the defined strategic direction.
- Direct the engineering design excellence within the team and ensure dissemination of best in class to rest of the Practice.
- Share and impart knowledge to support and encourage the development of others.
- Excellent communicator (verbal, written, listening) and competent at presenting.
- Minimum 12 years engineering leadership experience within an MEP Engineering Consultancy.
- Strong track record of project delivery in the New York City.
- NY PE License.
- Bachelor and/or Master s Degree in a Technical field.
- LEED AP and/or WELL accreditation preferred.
- Broad design knowledge, from working on a wide range of US and International Projects.
Described by our clients as passionate , innovative , collaborative : BuroHappold Engineering is an independent, international engineering practice that over the last 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world s leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
Director, College Alumni Affairs Events And Programs
Reports to the Associate Dean, the Director is engaged in the strategic planning and implementation of alumni relations' events and programs and also oversees the day-to-day operations of team. The Director is charged with primary oversight of the College's reunion program and other signature events while managing professional development of the staff, monitoring departmental budgets and participating in strategic planning for the team. The Director provides day-to-day supervision of events staff, collaborates and partners with other units within the College and University and sets goals and direction for the unit.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Under the direction of the Associate Dean, he/she directs the activities, processes, and systems to develop and execute key events that engage the College alumni community, including students and parents. develops event management systems, policies and procedures and event tracking and assessments that can feed into understanding success and developing best practices. The Director is responsible for managing the oversight of all scheduled and unscheduled College events and celebrations, including but not limited to Reunions, Homecoming, fundraising galas and other events and programs. S/he must be detail oriented but also able to think holistically and outside of the box to present high quality, innovative and immersive event experiences that align with the greater goals of alumni engagement and fundraising.. S/he is responsible for being an active thought leader in how to increase alumni participation and engagement through relevant and meaningful events and programs that positively reflect on both Columbia College and the Columbia College Alumni Association..
B. In concert with the Associate Dean, he/she oversees and continuously seeks ways to improve the College's reunion program, including program innovations, marketing, staff and volunteer training, logistics, budget and collaboration with other internal and external units. Develops and communicates to the Associate Dean a strategic budget plan that maximizes the return on the resources allocated to the programs under his/her oversight. In addition, tracks and assess event reports to guide decision making for future plans.
C. Responsible for providing appropriate daily management for the team, including but not limited to budget management, employee development and coordination with key partner units
D. Works with the Associate Dean and overall College Alumni Relations staff in the development of strategic initiatives including but not limited to identifying and implementing new technology to further enhance programs and event planning as well as utilize data across a team partnership to employ information to inform and innovate our planning and execution.
E. Other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of direct event planning and management experience required.
Excellent oral and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills are necessary. Must be a proactive, creative problem solver, have strong staff management and team building skills, a customer service orientation, and the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion and collaboration. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a highly pressured environment with changing deadlines. Excellent computer skills--Microsoft Office suite- and work with databases required. Position will often require extended hours including evening and weekend assignments. Some travel may be required.
A cover letter including salary requirements and résumé are required. Applications without both of these attachments will not be reviewed.
An advanced degree is preferred as is work with events in a university or other complex not-for-profit environment.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!